[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /lit/fag here I want to see what video games are all about.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450362468616.jpg (198 KB, 990x1400) Image search: [Google]
1450362468616.jpg
198 KB, 990x1400
Hi, /lit/fag here

I want to see what video games are all about.
Which video games (any era, any gaming system) provide the best experience (no strings attached).
>>
RayForce/Layer Section/Gunlock
>>
Dark Souls.
>>
>>322779213
>>322779321
I should also add, games that truly pushed the envelope for the medium and not just personal favorites if you will. Would you say these do so?
>>
>>322779597
I'd say Dark Souls would be the best choice for a modern game, yeah.

It's more of an aesthetic experience than a narrative one though, don't go in expecting a lot of exposition.
>>
>>322779753
Any rich and beautiful experience will do. Is it better than it's predecessor "Demon Souls"?
>>
>>322778821
Desert Bus
>>
File: 1401387953050.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3600) Image search: [Google]
1401387953050.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3600
here
>>
>>322779976
That's up for debate. I think so, Dark Souls is more fun to play anyway. But as for the setting and atmosphere of the games, many people prefer Demon's Souls.
>>
>>322779597
In that case Tetris, Final Fight arcade, Gradius arcade and Doom should do the trick.
>>
>>322778821

You'd probably appreciate the Legacy of Kain series. Amazing dialog and voice acting, interesting lore, etc. The gameplay is anywhere from good to the low end of mediocre but the characters make it worthwhile.

They can be had for cheap on PC or fairly easily emulated (PS1/Dreamcast and PS2.)

If you can't get into Blood Omen, it's okay to skip. The story is retold in a very natural and informative way throughout the later games in the series.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.