[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT WENT WRONG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1452015243150.jpg (46 KB, 320x445) Image search: [Google]
1452015243150.jpg
46 KB, 320x445
>>
>>322772765

It ended.
>>
>>322774358
Thank god.
>>
>>322772765
Sakamoto wasnt there to ruin anything
>>
Everything? Handing the series over to a developer who didn't have a clue about it, the switch from 2D to sub-par FPS was probably the single biggest mistake they ever made with the series.

But there are countless Nintendo kiddies for which this was their first FPS, so they love it.
>>
Super Metroid is a terrible fucking game that added nothing to the series
>>
This is the gold standard that Metroid should aspire to.

Primebabbies and Superfags need not apply.
>>
>>322775902
>ZM
>good
It's literally just a more casual version of 1 with an absolutely terrible zero suit segment tacked on.
>>
The game was just way too fucking easy in my opinion.

I finished it maybe 2 years ago or so, and honestly, as amazing the music and atmosphere is. It just gets boring.

There is little sense of tension or need of you to pay much attention, there isn't any level of danger to suck you into the world. You're just rolling through tubes and shooting some pirates.

Metroid Prime could seriously have benefited from being an actual challenge.
>>
>>322774868
It wasn't a conventional FPS, idiot. Enemies were as much of a puzzle as the environment was.
>>
>>322777098
You mean Metroid Prime 2 , they went overboard with that
>>
>>322775902

>not fusion

So you didn't play fusion
>>
>>322777098
It's why I preferred Prime 2.
>>
>>322772765

A bit too much scanning desu, not much else.
I look forward to the HD re-release in a couple of years.
>>
>>322775902
>gold standard
>somehow manages to be inferior in every way to the game it is attempting to remake
Good one
>>
Welcome to neo-/v/ everyone.

>Super Metroid was bad, Metroid Prime was bad, you're a nintenyearold if you disagree.

I think I'm too old for this contrarian shit.
>>
The ONLY problem with the game is that they don't encourage you to collect artifacts before the end.

If you collect some as you pass through areas getting expansions, it's more fun.
>>
>>322777281
Yeah, the complex puzzles like "shoot them in the glowing asses". Revolutionary, nobody had come up with weak points before.

It's a poor FPS. I'd even rate a turd like Halo above it, because at least that was average.
>>
>>322777976

True, Prime is a bad FPS. It plays more like a first-person Zelda with some hopping.
>>
>>322777861
>Ocarina of Time is bad
>>
>>322777976
>FPS
Found the retard.
>>
File: 32fAEZb.gif (2 MB, 274x231) Image search: [Google]
32fAEZb.gif
2 MB, 274x231
>>322775902
Really they improved on the gameplay but put the nail in the coffin with the zero suit.
>>
>>322775902
No. Chozodia is the biggest piece of shit ever. Terrible level design.
>>
>>322777861
This.

What's with this "Prime was bad" meme I've been seeing all day?

Are we being raided by underage and retards, or what?

Or is it just one kiddy and his pals who just played Prime for the first time and is mad he couldn't beat it?

Either way, fuck off.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.