[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this really as bad as people say it is? I kind of want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: DeusExInvisibleWarCover.png (603 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
DeusExInvisibleWarCover.png
603 KB, 480x680
Is this really as bad as people say it is? I kind of want to play it before Mankind Divided comes out in August.
>>
It's not just a bad game from the expectations set by the first Deus Ex.

It's legitimate garbage even standing on its own.
>>
>>322761721
its a really bad game.
>>
>>322761721
Meciocre. I guess worth playing through once because there are too few sci-fi shooters out htere
>>
>>322761987
>>322762224
What was so bad about it?
>>
>>322761721
It is the sole reason why sequels should not be pushed out with little or no dev time.
>Plot made no sense/bordering on hipster levels of intellectual conversation
>mashed together all possible endings to the original
>JC is now god
>>
>>322762934
Well, let me lay it out for you.
>Pretty terrible story
>Guns feel horrible
The only way I can describe the guns is that they feel "light" They are generally effective against enemies, but it definitely feels off enough to where I feel the need to complain about it
>Terrible, unoriginal level design
>Shared ammo among all weapons
>Way too easy
>Choices effect nothing
>Bad music

I say all of this, but honestly if you take it on its own and pretend it isn't deus ex, it's more mediocre than bad.
>>
>>322762934
Due to the console's technical limitations the levels are really small and there are very frequent loading screens. The levels themselves lacked detail and felt rather empty. Plot was ass, none of the characters were very interesting.
The game introduces a faction system that isn't very well implemented or interesting.
Invisible war does the same thing that human revolution does where it very frequently boils down level design to just a main path and a path you crawl through vents. I remember really disliking the ui as well. I guess you could have some fun in the game lighting people on fire and messing around with shitty 2003 era physics but the game is pretty bad.
>>
>>322762954
>hipster levels of intellectual conversation

How am I supposed to take your review seriously when you're using buzzwords that have nothing to do with what you're saying?
>>
>>322762934
Shared ammo killed it entirely for me.
Spent all my sniper ammo shooting robot dog sentries only to realize when attacking other enemies with the pistol I had no ammo.
Uninstalled and never looked back.
>>
>>322762934

-Tiny levels with overall less detail than even Deus Ex

-Guns all feel like shit

-Universal Ammo

-Bad story, shits all over Deus Ex and begins the seeming tradition of Deus Ex games where somehow EVERY SINGLE choice you're given at the end of the previous game happened somehow.

-Meaningless choices

-generally unlikable cast of characters.

-bad area design in general
>>
>>322764056
>where somehow EVERY SINGLE choice you're given at the end of the previous game happened somehow.
But in HR, given the backstory of the first game, it seems pretty clear that the self-destruct ending was canon. Especially considering the Invisible War trailer.
>>
>>322765698
>Invisible War
Fuck, I meant Mankind Divided
>>
>>322763698

>guns feel "light"

That complaint needs to be voiced a lot more often. Pretty much all weapons in the game feel like you're firing an air rifle.
>>
>>322765698
>it seems pretty clear that the self-destruct ending was canon
wat
>>
>>322761721
Its a good game set around tightly designed hubs, like a lot of good games of the 2004 era. In terms of controls and fun gameplay I liked it mire than the original Deus Ex. The plot is kind of a ness but still somewhat enjoyable.

Thief 3 did everything better though. This game feels more like a beta version of that game.
>>
It's not bad, it's just really short and simple. Still wish they did more with that first hub, that was really comfortable for some reason.
>>
>>322761721
if you really wanna play it, then my advice is this: do a melee character

the guns and ammo are ATROCIOUS
all guns use the same ammo pool, so if you have 100/100 ammo, your pistol will use up 1 ammo per shot, your rocket could use like 30
so the old adage of using your big guns first, then saving the small ones to finish enemies off means nothing, because by the time you have dealt your damage with the big gun, the small one now has nothing and you just lost the fight because now you have NOTHING to attack with

also melee is supremely broken, throwing dumpsters at people is a 1hk, and you can get an aug to make you do EMP damage with melee hits, which not only damages robots, but also disables cameras and laser emitters
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.