[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I kind of wish I read this before I went in half-cocked and started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 15910519.png (51 KB, 335x455) Image search: [Google]
15910519.png
51 KB, 335x455
I kind of wish I read this before I went in half-cocked and started grinding early monsters for XP.

Now I'm apparently in the bad route - is there a way out of that or am I just fucked?

>inb4 "omg another underturl thread!!!"
>>
>>322760876
The routes are Pacifist (plus a True Pacifist extra ending) Neutral (with a bunch of individual variations based on your exact actions) and Genocide. If you killed any enemy (with one exception) you are locked out of the Pacifist endings. If you didn't grind until you stopped getting random encounters, you are locked out of the Genocide ending. So you're probably on neutral. You can restart if you want to see the other ones.
>>
>>322761285
Does "But nothing showed up..." mean I'm on the Genocide route?

Also seems like kind of a shitty way to ramrod a player down the game three different ways, three different times.
>>
>>322761446
>Does "But nothing showed up..." mean I'm on the Genocide route?
Yep. You're evil. You monster. What did those frogs and strawberries do to you, you sick fuck?
>>
>>322761446
>I murdered someone and expected there to be no consequences! Time to bitch like a big 'ol baby because I read things online that had info I shouldn't know about!

And there are no bad endings.
>>
>>322761860
It was a bunch of fucking frogs and shit, hardly what I'd call 'people'.

>>322761695
That's a pain. Dunno if I have the spirit to be dragged through the tutorial area again and kill only the arbitrary number of things that won't put me in the genocide route.
>>
>>322762106
Take the easier route and refund the game and get your $10 back.

You'll thank me later.
>>
>>322762106
>It's okay to murder sapient beings for no other reason than profit

Do you also torture small animals in real life?
>>
>>322762210
I bought it on sale but I'm not THAT ready to drop it.

>>322762395
...no? They're video game sprites lmao, not applying real world moral choices to killing digital frogs. I like to min-max in RPGs a lot so I was hoping to grind up a bit early on, guess this isn't an RPG though.
>>
>>322760876
You know there's a general for Undertale, right?

Or you could have just asked this in any of the other threads on /v/ right now

Are you that much of a special snowflake you feel like you need your own thread?
>>
>>322762106
You can stop killing shit at any time and stay off the evil ending.
>>
File: 1313424161793.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1313424161793.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>322762106
Play the game whatever way you want. The genocide route is not a "wrong" way to play the game, but a lot of things will make more sense if you've done the other endings before.

You can get back on a neutral route by sparing a boss or not killing enough monsters before progressing to the next area.
>>
>>322762542
Sociopath detected
>>
Why don't you just play blind? You made your bed now sleep in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 435x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 435x434
>>322761446
>but no one came

And incidentally, the Neutral endings are all pretty much nothing and the game explicitly tells you to try again without killing if you want to make the ending better.
>>
>>322762106
>kill only the arbitrary number of things

The Neutral endings are all not really endings. The game's fun and the good ending comes from figuring out how to get through the game without ever using the Fight button.
>>
>>322762106
>a bunch of fucking frogs and shit
The first NPCs you meet in the game are a flower and a goat. Sentient frogs shouldn't be much of a surprise really.
>>
>>322762542
>guess this isn't an RPG though
if we're going by your definition and expectations, just keep killing them like they're from your standard RPG you psycho
>>
>>322762565
New topics should get new threads.
>>
>>322762565
/v/ would be an awfully dull board if everyone was only allowed to post specific game content in its own general.

Although I don't want to beat up the autistic kid so I won't correct you any further.
>>
>>322765135
No it would be better actually instead of trudging through 600 fucking Undertale threads an hour.
>>
>>322761446
As long as you spare one enemy, even if it's in the next area, you can break yourself out of the genocide route. But for now you are on it, yes.
>>
>>322765625
This. Undertale fans - pack up and go to >>>/vg/ . I'm sick of all of these threads about this one indie game. Either keep it in one thread or go and make a general on there where you can talk about it all day.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.