[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a $600 PC will vastly outperform any console and will be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 2353253.png (301 KB, 600x341) Image search: [Google]
2353253.png
301 KB, 600x341
>a $600 PC will vastly outperform any console and will be cheaper in the long run thanks to no online fees+cheaper games
>most "exclusives" are only exclusive to one console and still get a PC releaseexcluding Wii U
>thanks to Steam Link you can now easily play on your TV in the living room without having to move your PC
What's the point of consoles in the year 2016?
>>
>>322757119
I quite like my PS4/PC setup honestly.

Thanks for reminding me about steam link. I'll buy myself one for my birthday.
>>
The answer is the same as ever, get a PC to play the games you couldn't play with a controller. As a boring as shore strategy and EvE player the steam link is awesome but I'll basically still be playing on the PC, just sitting on different furniture.

So uh, yeah whatever.
>>
For the past 10 years this question is discussed here on a daily basis. I don't know why you'd still ask it and if you expect anything new to come out of this but whatever makes you happy.
>>
>>322757310
Steamlink is fucking retarded. You're aware it's a useless piece of trash, right?
>>
>>322757119
stop spawning sonnyger and mustard you dingus
>>
>>322757119
>>thanks to Steam Link you can now easily play on your TV in the living room without having to move your PC

I'd rather move the PC that pay for that shit seriously.
>>
Just get everything, why limit yourself? I'd rather enjoy my time with X console and have it gathering dust instead of watching some e-celeb play a game that looks cool. Also, fuck the steam link. Just get a nice desk and chair.
>>
>>322757119
>to Steam Link
>2016
>using scummy DRM
>>
Try playing Xenoblade Chronicles X on your PC you stupid PCfat.
>>
>>322757764
That's the opposite of what he said, and also PCs support controllers.
Though you have to be a retard to want to play console games or awful console ports anyway.
>>
>>322757119
It's easier, less management bullshit, and less cables and shit so you can play from your sofa with much less of a hassle.
I still prefer PC, though.
>>
>>322757119

Human eye can't see above 720i 30fps anyways so went give up the more cinematic experience by doing anything more
>>
>>322757119
>$600

Man I wish I lived in such magical land where everything is dirt cheap.
>>
>>322760316
http://www.logicalincrements.com
>>
>>322760041
Human eye can't see above 2i 0.675fps anyway.
>>
>a $600 PC will vastly outperform any console and will be cheaper in the long run thanks to no online fees+cheaper games
Lol, you are still going to need a decent mouse, keyboard and decent screen and other bullshit adding to the price
>thanks to Steam Link you can now easily play on your TV in the living room without having to move your PC
Steamlink is shit and causes lag.
>>
>>322760316
That's about right. I put about 200 bucks into an upgrade and a friend is tossing me a spare 200 dollar/100 dollar refurb CPU with a stack of DDR3 Ram, another 50 bucks. In total, upgrading costs ~350-450. If I had to buy a case and a PSU as well, that'd be another 50-100. A hard drive and optical drive could run you another 50-100. So between 450-650 really. Puts it around an estimated 550 bucks.
Good deal for me considering that'll probably end up lasting me another 8-10 years really.
>>
>>322762153
>decent mouse, keyboard and decent screen
You don't already have these? For fuck's sale, I've been using the same keyboard for eight years
>>
>>322762153
Any ten dollar keyboard is passable. A decent mouse doesn't cost shit really. Decent screens... well that's problematic, the only decent screens their are, are CRT monitors and they'll rack you up hard on that, especially if it's shipped. LCD monitors are largely garbage. One assumes if you're reading this you're on a fucking computer with a screen already though, and you're current mouse and keyboard are compatible with upgrading and completely usable.

And no, having a mechanical keyboard or any of that fancy shit is not going to make you fucking master of the internet. If you got the cash, fine whatever it's a luxury it's nice. It won't make you an E-allstar though and is largely unnessecary in the same way that having a nice plush leather couch in your living room for TV is unnessecary, but it sure is nice. The mouse would just end up being bullshit anyway, find one with a decent sensor without special garbage like straightening tech and simply okay specs and you're good. Most people aren't even good enough at games that a solid mouse sensor is going to even make a difference. Watch any FPS player basically in any video and there's a 99% chance they're somewhere between absolute garbage and poor at even aiming anyway. Most people don't even play games where you even need to be good at aiming. If you cared or were good enough, you'd likely already have a decent mouse. Fuck, I've got two great quality gaming mice just lying around. If you want to do anything about your mouse, get a fucking solid mouse pad (literally, like frosted glass) mouse pad and some teflon tape over the feet. For thirty bucks you can have a mousepad that will last eternity and enough teflon tape to last you well over a decade of use.
>>
>>322763628
Oh yeah. Also, if you get a logitech mouse, probably don't install their drivers, or at least prepare to uninstall them. Their drivers are garbage and windows default drivers best (possibly barring 8 and 10, they were fucked for a while there anyway, not sure if they're still shit or what don't care. Do yourself a favor and lose them for good.)
>>
I like to own my games.
>>
>>322757764
>The answer is the same as ever, get a PC to play the games you couldn't play with a controller

Why would you still play controller games on the inferior consoles? Stupidity like this is why these arguments and threads exist

stupid peopel l
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.