[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Us gamers, huh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9
>>
The going the opposite direction thing is easy to explain; I want to make sure I don't miss any hidden items or such before moving on.
>>
all of those are pretty easy to explain
>>
File: question.png (19 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
question.png
19 KB, 500x323
All of those things make perfect sense though, except for whatever the fuck "lean forward after a defeat" means.
>>
X HATE TUTORIALS
>>
File: 1450068742896.jpg (58 KB, 676x846) Image search: [Google]
1450068742896.jpg
58 KB, 676x846
>Hating a console you dont own

is this a normal thing? no wonder theres so much console war shit flinging thank you for giving me cancer OP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZboyfaVLM4
>>
File: 1451907712713.jpg (56 KB, 580x516) Image search: [Google]
1451907712713.jpg
56 KB, 580x516
>>322751113
>lean forward after a defeat
>>
>>322753821
>>322753108

I always lean back. Is that normal?
>>
>>322751113
> exclaim as if in pain when our character takes large amounts of damage
>dislike the consoles we don't own

If you do that then you're probably autistic.
>>
File: 1402828430324.jpg (45 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1402828430324.jpg
45 KB, 600x480
>clench asshole when making a risky jump
>>
>>322751113
>exclaim as if in pain when the character takes large amounts of damage
Hello autism
>>
>save magnum bullets
what
>>
>>322754156
I do this, and it always makes my boyfriend cum
>>
>Dislike the consoles we don't own
Maybe, people don't own the console BECAUSE they don't like it?

Nah, that's fucking crazy talk.
>>
>>322753661
>you hold the highscore in virtually every massivly multiplayer online role playing game ever!
wat
>>
>>322754084
>>322754209

Is it not normal to react when your character takes a ton of damage?
>>
>>322751113
>us
>gamers
AYY FANYY XD
>>
>>322754435
That can be a sign of diabetes.
Not even joking, look it up.
>>
>>322754509

That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>322754509
Anon what
>>
>we
>we
>we
>we
Who's trying so hard to find a place and fit it. Go listen to metal or something.
>>
>>322754578
You increase your blood pressure when you are shocked or tense
>>
>>322751113
>dislike the consoles we don't own

Sonyshits confirmed literally "us gamers huh xD" tier normalfags.
>>
>>322753903
No you freak
>>
>>322754156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alBMblGJp80&feature=youtu.be&t=7m28s
>>
>>322754578
>>322754643
Diabetics generally have a constant low level of 'background pain'. Hence they're psychologically primed to react to seeing others in pain, even in a video game. Spooky, huh?
>>
I read someone was hopping on a thick dildo while boss was giving him a smackdown. Nice.
>>
>>322754773
bait harder nintendrone
>>
>>322753379
well, I hate the consoles I own
>>
>>322751113
Well, I died during the tutorial in SMT IV, that part when you need to talk to the demons was RNG based and I was unlucky a lot of times.
>>
>>322754773
There are levels of irony in this post I can't begin to comprehend.
>>
>>322754992
sucks to be a fat unhealthy piece of shit I guess.
>>
>>322754296
Resident Evil games. I always do that, ending up not using them at all.
>>
>Turn subtitles on

What is there to explain? It's so I don't miss shit and I like reading.
>>
File: 1451208837434.jpg (165 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451208837434.jpg
165 KB, 1200x1200
>>322755024
he's right though fuckface sonyfans are typically the people who start shit with other fanbases just one day of browsing neo /v/ is enough to prove this
>>
>congratulate yourself after getting a good kill
>bob head slightly when groovy music comes on in game
>quicksave before combat
>save currency but don't spend it
>never stick to one weapon for long
Upvote if this is totally you!!
>>
>hate any and all tutorials

You can tell a normie made this shit
>>
>rubbing controller on dick when shooting
>>
Let's make our own list for REAL gamers

>collects his piss canisters
>>
>>322755024
It was enough to hook you fampai ;^)
>>
>masturbate in character customization screen
>>
>>322755497
This>>322755469
>>
File: 1448955689731.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1448955689731.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
>>322755497
truuuuuuuuuu
>>
>Can't explain
>Lean forward after defeat
So you can see the small text when voting for a new map or selecting weapons or something.
>Exclaim as if in pain when our character takes large amounts of damage
Because that's just the general reaction to shit like that. Also maybe diabetes I guess.
>Find which way to go then take the opposite path
Because going the right way will lock your ass out and make you miss the shit that's waiting to be picked up in the opposite direction
>Save magnum bullets
Because there's always something meaner out there that the damage would be better spent on
>Buy all skill but only use about 3 regularly
Because there's nothing else to spend those points on
>Hate any and all tutorials
They are a waste of fucking time. PRESS W TO WALK FORWARD USE THE MOUSE TO LOOK AROUND
>Never admit we died in a tutorial
I don't, faggot. Unless that shit gets Demon's Souls on you
>Know when there's a pixel of health left and use all the riskiest moves to win
Why not? If risky move doesn't connect you can just slap it and win. Risky shit looks cooler if it works.
>Get a 100 hit combo on a corpse
To rub your opponents face in his own defeat.
>Mute everyone when online
Because people don't know how to use push to talk and I don't want to listen to their mom doing dishes in the background
>Dislike the consoles we don't own
Sour grapes I guess. I'm not a faggot that participates in console wars. Have fun how ever you want. Fuck you.
>Turn on subtitles
Because I don't want my eardrums blown out when there's an explosion shortly after this cutscene where everyone's whispering. Also I can't understand british accents. Faggots should just speak english.
>>
>>322755497
>shitposts about a game he never played
>>
>>322751113

Rename the title "things I do that I can't explain" and the entire list makes a lot more sense.

Whoever made this list is either a kid who wants to pretend they've been a "gamer" for a long time or a really insecure person that's bad at most games and wants to fit in by being all "us gamers, right guys? XDD"
>>
>>322755497

> plays as a girl because he "doesn't want to stare at man ass all game"
>>
I used to play with captions on, but I realized I was always just reading the bottom of the screen, and not paying attention to the actual cutscene.

If you're not hearing impaired, no subs is Definitely better
>>
>>322755497
>Spends an hour playing multiple games for 3 minutes a piece, not really getting engaged in any of them, then spends the next 7 hours laying depressed in bed
>>
>>322755808
You are the knob this was probably written to entertain
>>
>>322756257
I'm just so gitty about being able to solve this puzzle.
>>
>>322754324
BOY YO ASS!!
>>
>>322755121
Playing MMOs primed me to always blow all my cooldowns and consumables the moment I see a boss or get in trouble.
>>
>>322751113

I don't...

>find which way to go then take the opposite path
I do that so I don't miss anything.

>Save magnum bullets
Usually powerful ammo is in limited supply. It's best to save them for an emergency

>buy all the skills but use only 3 regularly
Most skills are pretty situational. I use 3 regular skills, usually picking an AoE, a poweful single attack and a ranged attack that I'm comfortable with.

>Hate any tutorial
I'm an old fag whose been playing games for literally 30 years. I've played every genre there is at some point. I don't need a fucking tutorial to teach me how to move a fucking camera up or down or remind me to reload.

>never admit we died in a tutorial
It's yet to happen thats why

>know then theirs a pixel of health left and use all the riskiest moves to win
When you know you've lost you may as well experiment with something you haven't tried before or try and get good at a riskiest but more rewarding attack. Then use that during youre next proper attempt

>get 100 hit combo on a corpse
Usually to get a higher score

>mute everyone online
Kids, dudebros and fucking retards exist online. Why the fuck would I want to listen to that shit?

>dislike consoles we don't own
you mean dislike consoles so we don't own it

>turn subtitles on
I can read much faster than listening. I can skip through the spoken dialogue and read the story. It's just faster.

There we go. Explained.
>>
>>322756039
I want to personally choke every person to death that does this
>>
>>322751113
>turn subtitles on
actually very helpful if you're not native speaker
>>
>>322754992

With games I see it as different though. When you're controlling your character it can kind of feel like an extension of you. When something unexpected happens to them I don't see why it would be so strange to react. Maybe not as if you yourself were in that same pain but I was thinking more like inhaling through your teeth or swearing or something along those lines.

>>322755338

Hey, sometimes it's hard to not move to the music.

>>322755497

>yells at his mom to bring soup down to his basement.
>wears video game shirts to fancy restaurants
>>
>>322756976

For me I turn them on because I live in the flight path of the airport so audio gets blocked out every 40-50 minutes.
>>
>>322757412

lol. that sucks!

Get some good headphones or something.
>>
>>322753821
>not maintaining a perfect straight posture
>>
File: neet_channer.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
neet_channer.jpg
314 KB, 1920x1080
Things sports fans can't explain
>scream in unison at 22 people kicking a ball in a field
>>
>>322751113
>lean
Its a sort of "oh. No." type feeling
>shout in pain when character takes damage
Part of immersion
>take different path
Its called exploring
>save magnum bullets
Nigga, there could be a boss soon.
>buy all skills but use 3
Completionism, and min-maxing. Some of those skills have passives for other skills.
>hate tutorials
Always too long, and make you seem like you're retarded.
>never admit we died in a tutorial
See above. We wont admit we are worse that the literal retarded
>know when pixel of health
Uhh... Healthbar? Weakness signals? This is obvious
>100 combo on a corpse
Its fun.
>mute onliners
Nobody wants to hear how the 6 year old fucked everyones mother, or the russian trying to sound cool
>dislike consoles we dont own
Cause we dont own them...?
>Turn subtitles on
Nigga, them bitches be whispering 90% of the time.
>>
>>322756039
>>322756912

I don't have anything against playing as a dude but if given the choice I go with a female character unless there's some gameplay difference. I tend to like their form more.

I also find it more fun to try different outfits on female characters too.

>>322756163

Until you come across a character that speaks in a shitty accent or the audio mixing is horrible or a character is too far away.

>>322756976

I'm learning Japanese and I find it hard to watch or play anything without subtitles. They speak so fast and there's a lot of homonyms.
>>
>dislike the console we don't own
this is /v/ alright.
>>
>>322751113
>turn subtitles on
because occasionally an outside source can be disturbing. and English is not my first language
>>
>turn subtitles on
Go fucking play star ocean 3 without subtitles on and tell me you can understand anything anyone is saying when the music is 10 times louder than their speech
>>
>>322753108
what else can it mean you prick
>>
>>322755497
>gets an emotional breackdown when prompted to enter a name for the character
>>
>>322758880

If it's just the main character I go with my first name or the female equivalent. With some games I go with the canon name if there is one. But if you give me multiple characters to name it'll take a while.
>>
>>322758216
Deep down we just like to play dress up with girl characters
>>
>>322758468
How dumb are you?
>>
File: 1438559962521.png (61 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1438559962521.png
61 KB, 250x250
>>322753204
it's B but whatever, still funny
>>
>>322751113
Hold up, I can explain this shit from a non-gamer view easily.

>Leaning forward is the same as hunching forward in defeat. A simple thing we all do when disappointed.
>We react to others being in pain as if we felt it because we can be sympathetic to others
>Taking risks is a natural act
>Magnums are fucking cool, and we all wish to be badasses who go full Clint Eastwood on bitches and bastards
>School teaches us a multitude of things, but we only ever really apply a few aspects
>Tutorials are like elderly people who don't realize you can think for yourself
>When you follow along with an elderly person, you tend to look weak.
>A cornered animal fights with all it has left. The same can be said with people.
>Humans are one of the few, if only species on Earth, who bother doing anything with their dead. We're also all sadistic.
>When you get on the bus, you tend to tune out everyone else. Same principle, except much easier.
>People hated popular stuff before purchasing it way before consoles. Guns being a good example.
>Subtitles are useful when you can't hear due to poor audio, especially in Japanese games where they don't say the whole sentence at times

Fuck you OP for making me think
>>
>hating tutorials
>>
>>322753108
The worst part is that it's not only gamers who do this.
People do this as a response to any sort of disappointment, especially when it came with intense focus prior.
A good example is people watching an important sports game, at the final moments of the game where whoever scores is the winner.
The guys rooting for the losing team, will lean forward/back whilst putting their hands on their face or something.
I'm not sure how the action benefits a human though.
>>
>>322754084
>>322754209
The funny thing is, it's the most normie thing to do.
Even when they're just watching someone else play they'll go "OOOH" and whatnot whenever they see a player get rekt by a move or something.
You guys are seriously some anti-social fucking autists if you think anything on that list wasn't something everyone does.

Most of the shit there does not just apply to games. This entire list is redundant and stupid, and so is anyone claiming that you have to be weird or "autistic" to have any of those responses. It's the most obvious fucking shit in the world.
>>
>>322753379
have you seriously never heard of brand loyalty?
People do this shit all the time for whatever brands they own.
It's a desperate attempt to validate a purchase and only arises when there is a clear competitor.
If one brand was objectively superior, there wouldn't be an argument about it.
>>
>>322765881
>If one brand was objectively superior, there wouldn't be an argument about it.

Why was there an argument between the fans/owners of clearly superior Xbox 360 and the PS3
>>
>>>>>Not turning subtitles on

The voice acting is never perfect, stop being a fucking faggot who can't read
>>
>>322754509
>>322754992
There's a fine line between statistics and stereotypes.
>>
>>322755497
>puts ketchup in the fridge
>>
>>322751113
>Those things
>can't be explained
>>
>>322766052

Because the PS2 had the better Multiplats
>>
>>322751113
>Exclaim as if in pain

Entire stadiums of people do that when a sports player gets knocked the fuck out. Stupid fuck.

>Hate any and all tutorials

People don't even read instructions for the shit they buy. Fuck this faggot.
>>
>>322754705
They're not trying to fit in, they're trying to be special snowflakes.
I'll never understand, why the hell Gamers, more than any other group of people doing a hobby, feel the need to try and stand out and make everyone understand that they will never understand what a gamer is experiencing.
I don't know where the need for validation comes from, but a gamer will make sure everyone knows he's a gamer and that he's super unique because of it.
I am of course referring to the douchebags that actually identifies as a "gamer" and not someone who just plays games and enjoys it.
>>
>>322755497
>spend more time in the character creator than in the actual game
>finish actually making the character and then not playing the game
>>
>>322755116
You can be born diabetic, it's not fair to shit on people for things beyond their control.
>>
>>322756763
only someone from /v/ can make a normie post sound so goddamn autistic.
>>
>>322755116

You do know there are two types of diabetes, do you?
>>
>>322755497
>Hundreds of games
>Nothing to play
>>
>>322767125
you do know that some people are more prone to being diabetic genetically than others right? also generally being overweight lol
thanks grandma
>>
>>322767387

You can be fat and non-diabetic and you can be skinny and diabetic tho
>>
>>322767907
true but your chances of getting diabetes increases with your body fat.
unfortunately I never reached chubby mode before diabetes got to me. oh well. at least I'll die young kek
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.