[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, explain me this: if Gamergate was anti-censorship, anti-corruption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (171 KB, 667x805) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171 KB, 667x805
/v/, explain me this: if Gamergate was anti-censorship, anti-corruption and pro-freedom-of-speech and SJWs pro-censorship and anti-freedom-of-speech, how come that so many here still hate Gamergate?

Don't you realize that GG is the only movement that's actively fighting for you? Vidya journalism and mainstream media is unrefutably under SJW control and constantly just mock and demean gamers, while at same time pushing for more censorship. You can see the results, DOAX is never arriving in the west now and many games are getting their content butchered. That could have been prevented if you were more willing to work for the right cause but no, you had to go and spit on the hand that protects you.

Please, just tell me why. Why?
>>
mosi mosi
>>
>>322750403
>how come that so many here still hate Gamergate?

cucks
>>
/v/ hates everything.

Why would GG be the exception?

I'm pro but come on man, it's /v/.
>>
Gamergate was about how gaming journalists were getting bribes and favours to giving good reviews on absolute shit.

Everything SJW related is just sort of aftershocks.
>>
>2016
>still caring about GooblyGaper
>>
>>322750403
Let it go, it's 2016
>>
>we're anti-censorship so we don't think journalists and bloggers should be allowed to write their opinions if we don't like them

You could tell me how evil the SJWs are and their crimes all day and night, I don't fucking care. The point is GG is fundamentally flawed because they basically just want people they don't agree with to go away and shut up. I don't agree with SJWs and think they're full of shit, but it's their fucking blog, or their fucking website, so they can write what they want. And Anita can say whatever she wants on her youtube. Don't like it, make an alternative. But all this effort to lose gawker money and celebrating when people get fired and running game journalists out of town so they can't say their opinions? Because you don't like them? You're a fucking piece of shit. And then you dare to call THEM thought police and cultural marxists and whatever other bullshit.
>>
GG has thrown itself up as a noble cause, but it has completely misidentified the problem, got bogged down in conspiracy theories, and resorts to questionable methods to get its way.

Just like I don't want a shadow government to secretly rule the world but I don't think gassing Jews is in any way helpful, I am all for improving games journalism but I don't think fabricating scandals about indie devs and harassing them is the way to go about it.

And it's not "improving games journalism" is something so specific that GG is your only recourse here. GG is a lot more narrowly focused than that. GG has a narrative and a methodology. It has a very idiosyncratic ideal of what improving games journalism actually entails.

It's easy enough to support GG if you only ever mention in very broad strokes what it's ideally about, but if you get down to the details, it's a complete disaster. Like poking through the crust of a pie and finding it completely filled with shit. I'll just have a different pie, thanks.
>>
Chanology 2.0 kicked off and all the underage crusade kiddies thought 4chan should be their epic base of operations, because it's a cool underground website that mom and dad don't know about. So they invited reddit and tumblr here (literally, not in a paranoid sense) and together they flooded the board with their shit, and proved their underage by making an OC and donating to a feminist game developer for no reason other than to score "innocence points" for future debates.

Even though everyone agrees that Anita and her little posse is full of shit, GG slowly crumbled as it became clear that everyone involved was more interested in crying about feminism and SJWs than actually talking about corruption in the gaming industry, and more and more members drift away as it dawns on them what a trainwreck it's become.

All that's left now is the people who have nothing else, and it's basically just a group for lonely autists who got to feel part of a community for the first time in their lives, meaning that GG in it's current state is basically just the Brony fandom again.

The SJW side is so full of self-hating bitter self-serving vipers that taking their side is fucking insane, obviously.
The idea that not wanting to take either side in this shitshow is somehow nothing other than "being smug" and thinking you're better than "everyone else" is idiotic. Anyone over the age of 18 and with a lick of common sense wouldn't join either side of this worthless pissing match.
>>
>>322751453
>>322751523
>>322751629
i've spotted sjw
>>
File: inker vivian.png (138 KB, 433x709) Image search: [Google]
inker vivian.png
138 KB, 433x709
>>322750403
>how come that so many here still hate Gamergate?
Because goobergators are fucking annoying, always trying to push an agenda when all I want to do is discuss video games. I agree with all of that shit, but there's a point where they just needed to shut up and take it somewhere else.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.