[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason why I should play this game when it comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: ZTD.jpg (96 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
ZTD.jpg
96 KB, 424x600
Give me one good reason why I should play this game when it comes out.

With what Virtue's Last Reward is doing right now, I'm worried it's just going to be worse.

No I'm not at the true ending yet but I hear all kinds of bad about it. Made worse by the final game almost never coming out
Plus I don't want to be stuck with a main character with the exact same personality as the other two
>>
So you played 999 and are playing VLR right now and need reasons to buy the last game in the trilogy? I don't understand.

Also VLR's ending is just a cliffhanger. It isn't bad in itself.
>>
If you hate the game you probably have shit taste and should go play Dangan Ronpa with the rest of the nomalfag plebs.
>>
>>322749015
Maybe 999 was just too good but VLR is making me concerned about just where this series is going. The tone specifically.

And VLR's cliffhanger would have been bad if the third game never came out which like I said, almost happened.

>>322749209
Danganronpa is worse. I did like 999 but some of this game is pissing me off. Like what they did to Clover's character
>>
>>322749209
You know it's funny you say that. VLR has a furry mascot character that screws around with everyone just like Danganronpa
>>
>>322749508
Everything that's wrong with characters and tone is the fault of the the Japanese audience who didn't buy the first game. Any issues with plot twists or pacing is down to Uchikoshi.
>>
>>322749764
Yeah, hence
>>322749840
>>
>>322749840
Well VLR did come out after Danganronpa which explains Phi and Kyoko also being similar.
>>
>>322749840
So what you're saying they rode off the coattails of other games like Danganronpa in order to stay relevant? Guess it didn't work because the series was on hiatus for a while. Hopefully for this last game they go back to what made 999 good. They have nothing to lose this time anyway.
>>
>>322748718
OP, if you're not enjoying the experience the game is giving you, why should you continue playing?
>>
>>322750265
DR came out afterward, the reason it sold better is because Japs don't like well written characters in their deathgame scenarios because that's not the demographic for these sorts of games, they want archtypes.

>>322750573
>So what you're saying they rode off the coattails of other games like Danganronpa in order to stay relevant

No it tried to do what DR did to be relevant, which is to adhere to the formula, but it didn't go far enough and what you're left with is something that lost a lot of what made the first game so great AND still sold poorly in the east.

>Hopefully for this last game they go back to what made 999 good
We will see.
>>
>>322748718
>"I read out-of-context spoilers for this story-driven game and I didn't like them so should I play the sequel?"
What the fuck is wrong with you? How does a person become this stupid?
>>
>>322750897
Danganronpa came out in 2010 on PSP. You're thinking of the Vita port.
>>
>>322751064
Yeah, my mistake.
>>
>>322749508
>And VLR's cliffhanger would have been bad if the third game never came out which like I said, almost happened.

It would also be bad if you tripped and fell and sprained your knee last night. But that didn't happen. Why are you trying to factor in impossible hypothetical situations to discourage you from playing the 3rd game? Why did you make this topic when you haven't finished VLR? Get off of /v/ and finish the blasted game.
>>
You are Zero, Luna is a robot
>>
>>322748718
You bodies were frozen
Sigma mind was put in his future body
Future Sigma is Zero
Tenmyouji is Junpei
K is future Sigma's clone
Dio is not a red herring
Luna is a robot
Quark is nothing
Clover is nothing
Alice is nothing
You're on the moon

Now you don't have to play the next game OP you're welcome.
>>
>>322750897
>you're left with is something that lost a lot of what made the first game so great AND still sold poorly in the east.

Which is exactly why I'm concerned about Zero Time Dilemma. I don't want them to do that again or just do what they did in VLR even more in order to try and stay relevant in the east. I mean it clearly doesn't work.
>>
>>322751856
Sorry buddy, let me just call up Spike Chunsoft on my person hotline and ask them about their plans so you can be reassured that the game is going to be perfect.
>>
Just enjoy both games, for fuck's sake. The worst thing in an extremely niche fanbase such as Zero Escape's is seeing 999fags vs VLRfags wars.
>>
>>322751849
>K is future Sigma's clone
>I never played the game
>>
>>322751849
Huh. Kind of figured one of them was a robot but I had my money on Phi for that.

>>322751818
Well that's good to know but you forget that other people who haven't finished the game might be browsing right now.
>>
>>322752271
Except that's correct, the person impersonating K isn't K because she's impersonating him and only half the time.
>>
I honestly enjoyed VLR more than 999. The twists were the best things about it.

My biggest grips with the game is what they did with Clover, Quark and Alice, with all 3 having almost no relevance whatsoever. (Quark's mystery with cornering Dio to vote Ally is never explained either).

But ZTD doesn't seem like they'll have them as participants so I'm pretty hyped for that.

Also they're ditching the stereotypical anime artstyle so you know shit's gonna go down.
>>
>>322753267
>ZTD doesn't seem like they'll have them as participants
>Also they're ditching the stereotypical anime artstyle so you know shit's gonna go down.

That's actually giving me confidence they won't make the same mistakes again.
>>
File: EV_SO08B_2.jpg (376 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
EV_SO08B_2.jpg
376 KB, 1024x768
>>322753267
I wish it was a VN to be honest. I feel like 999 was better off with the puzzle elements, but VLR suffered. If ZE3 is some new version of the nonary game I don't think it's going to be enjoyable.
I don't think anyone is really playing for fucking dice puzzles.
>>
>>322753267
>>322753871
999 and VLR don't have a stereotypical anime artstyle. At least not any more than Sigma's recent ZTD artwork does.
>>
The true ending is a work of genius, I don't see what's bad about it.
>>
>>322754224
Maybe not the dice puzzles specifically, but I really enjoyed a lot of the puzzles in VLR. The ones in 999 not so much, way too basic.
>>
>>322754224
Are you saying that because some of the puzzles were hard as fuck or because there were too many of them? Either way, they're going to weave puzzles into the 3rd game somehow since that's half of what makes this series.
>>
>>322754505
Not that they were particularly difficult, or that they were bad, but I felt like they broke up the story, and the reasoning behind them wasn't very solid.
>>
File: 1406646776985.jpg (72 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
1406646776985.jpg
72 KB, 372x334
>>322754224
>get this gameplay out of my videogame!
>>
>>322754753
Yeah they did feel a little out of place this time considering this version of the nonary game. It made more sense in 999 but again, puzzles make up half the game as established for the series so it's not something that bothered me.
>>
>>322754224
Stay away from the ZE series then. I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives for you, so you don't have to hurt your brain.
>>
>>322755909
I'm not OP, I've already beaten them a few times, and have the third on pre-order.
My criticism has nothing to do with the difficulty of the puzzles.
>>
>>322754271
VLR had a much more anime-esque artstyle than 999 and ZTD looks like a return to form.
>>
>>322756717
You've got things mixed up. 999 and VLR had the exact same artist. ZTD switched to a completely different guy, with a more stereotypical anime style. It's the complete opposite of a return to form.
>>
Wait, I thought Zero was Sigma and Luna is a robot and Sigma is actually an old man and you were on the moon all along.
>>
>>322756073
>I'm not OP,
what does that have to do with anything?

> I've already beaten them a few times
I wish I could enjoy again, reading the same story I already know everything about

the puzzles I could probably enjoy again, but you clearly don't so it's pointless to even mention them

>and have the third on pre-order.
why would you do that? you dislike puzzles

>My criticism has nothing to do with the difficulty of the puzzles.
Oh, I just wanted to insult you, 's all.
>>
>>322748718
>Plus I don't want to be stuck with a main character with the exact same personality as the other two
Believe me, you won't.
>>
>wanting ZE to go full VN
Go read a book faggots, suspense is the main theme of ZE.
>>
>>322760984
>le sigma is the same as junpei meme
Except Junpei is a fisherman pants-wearing white knight faggot who literally got cucked by based alpha male DIMENSION-JUMPING ALL-KNOWING FUCKING DR MANHATTAN TIER NIGGA Dr. Sigma "I bathed Akane in my jizz" Klim.

They are clearly nothing alike.
>>
OP you gigantic faggot kill yourselves
>>
>>322761843
plus he takes care of someone else's child

clearly the cuckiest of cucks
>>
>>322761843
>le cuck meme
Very funny, but he was obviously talking about how the two were acting the in the actual games, which has little to do with what happened in-between the nonary games. What Sigma did with Akane and what happened to Junpei after 999 is irrelevant to the player who has access to all the character's thoughts and dialogues.
Apart from the sex jokes Sigma and Junpei talk and interact very similarly. People like to forget that Junpei was way braver than he looked like in 999.
Knowing that we'll probably play as Old Sigma (in Young Sigma's body) in ZTD, I'm sure the overall experience will be different.
>>
>>322748718
VLR was shit because it needed to sell to the Danganronpa audience for the third one to be greenlit. Since this is the last one, we probably don't need to worry about that anymore.
>>322761843
>Junpei
>can trick his way into going through any door he wants
>manages to bluff the main antagonist into a confession with no effort

>Sigma
>thinks he's a cat
>makes pantsu jokes

Junpei>>>>>>>>>>>Sigma
>>
>>322765303
>VLR was shit because it needed to sell to the Danganronpa audience for the third one to be greenlit.

What?
>>
>>322765303
>Sigma
>thinks he's a cat
>makes pantsu jokes
>still fucks the everliving shit out of Akane (aka the love of your life) for years on end until they both make you play a dangerous game running around like an idiot just to use you as fuel to increase Sigma's girth or something
>>
I bought my GF three videogames for Christmas this year.

VLR
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Did I do good?
>>
>>322766210
If your GF doesn't enjoy them consider dumping her.
>>
>>322766336
She loves them, but has only managed to find bad ends so far in 999. She was beyond thrilled about AAI. She's played all the mainline games and didn't know it existed.
>>
>>322766489
Get her a flashcard and the fantranslated version of AAI2
Also get her PLvsPW
>>
>>322766210
>not making your gf watch your SL1 Dark Souls playthrough whilst denying every request of hers to try something easier so she can play too
Bitch I almost got O&S down with that last try, don't even fucking dare suggest another game to play.

Though I haven't had a gf for almost 3 years now, maybe that's why.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.