[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
20 hours in and this game has been nothing but generic f2p mmorpg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: KotOR_Cover.png (662 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662 KB, 768x960
20 hours in and this game has been nothing but generic f2p mmorpg style trash with juvenile writing, plus it's nearly unplayable due to the amount of times it corrupts your saves.

Is the second worth playing at all? I noticed it's done by Obsidian, and it's actually been updated to work on modern systems.
>>
>>322743935
Here's that reply you desperately wanted.
>>
>>322743935
I've beat this game 20 times and I've never had a problem with corrupt saves. Maybe you should try getting good?

Writing isn't that great yeah but it's still better than any of the movies.
>>
nice bait

also II is a convoluted mess of game that for some reason restricts your freedom even more than the first, but you start as a jedi so its cool!!!!
>>
>>322744117
No, honestly. I've just finished getting the second Star Map on Manaan, and I got the other on Kashyyk. The game is just really not cutting it at the moment.
>>
>>322744391
Korriban is the best planet. Explore all the tombs. See if you can get all of the puzzles right without looking up guides.
>>
>>322744386
And yet it's miles better than the first.
>>
>>322744391
then stop playing?
noone's holding a dragon dildo on the back of your butthole to play it
>>
File: hund_620x349.jpg (28 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
hund_620x349.jpg
28 KB, 620x349
Sounds like you just hate video games desu
>>
>>322744794
I prefer Jedi Outcast desu, this just feels like some singleplayer mmo
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c93wPsdCJ2c

best planet
best music
>>
>>322744386
What freedom? All of KOTOR is just a series of menial fetch quests with Star Wars lore fluff (probably now non-cannon) thrown in.
>>
>>322743935

I got it on GOG and quit 20 minutes in. I remember really loving it back then but now it just felt like a chore.
>>
>>322743935
I agree OP, I played KOTOR on release and thought it was really unnecessary. Star Wars has always been a swash buckling adventure epic, and a slow-paced RPG isn't the right genre or system for Star Wars at all. The lore isn't interesting because it isn't developed in a way that actually means anything, it just exists either to further the adventuring plot of the films, or to sell merchandise. And it all feels so childish anyways. The action games are good because they let you live out that childish fantasy of being a Jedi in action. But KOTOR isn't that, it's just a mediocre RPG that shouldn't really exist.
>>
>>322744352
>I know
Maybe not all
Although the games writing isnt bad
>>
>>322745436
KOTOR has a pretty huge fanbase that would disagree with you guy
>>
>>322743935
Get the second one and download the restored content mod senpai
>>
File: 1422789298332.jpg (114 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1422789298332.jpg
114 KB, 600x600
>>322745747
Yes I'm sure they and their billions of masterfully crafted wookiepedia articles will blow away my opinion into dust and let me see the error of my judgement, seeing the true beauty in the meticulous and thoughtfully rendered universe, envisioned by Lucas.
>>
>no quest markers
>you have to talk to everyone to find your guy
why cant we have this back in modern games
>>
>>322745143
Holy shit this. Game's not aged well at all.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.