[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s take on Horizon Zero Dawn? I think it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5
File: Gotdamn.jpg (543 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gotdamn.jpg
543 KB, 1920x1080
What's /v/'s take on Horizon Zero Dawn?
I think it's the best new IP we're getting in 2016. I'm sold on "robot dinosaurs" alone
>>
>>322743003
It's essentially an action monster hunter with RPG elements in what looks to be a seriously gorgeous dynamic open world with day and night cycles and multiple biomes.

That's just my take on it, I mean at first I was apprehensive about it but the more I look at it and the direction the devs are taking it the more interested I become in it.

It just looks amazing, even if the core gameplay is a an action game it'll be fine for me.
>>
>>322743305
Looks more like a tomb raider far cry game to me. It does have monsters in it though.
>>
It looks like typical AAA western trash.
The gameplay I saw she didn't even kill the fucking thing until a cutscene even after unloading arrows into it for a minute or two.
I'm not expecting much and have no real interest, but hey it could surprise me and somehow be good.
>>
>>322743003
reminds me of zoids
>>
>>322743379
This. Tomb raider reboot with mechas. Nothing wrong with that though
>>
>>322743003
/v/ can't be allowed to like it, because it has a female lead.
Icky girls.
>>
Looks easy as fuck
>>
>>322743305
I think this game would benefit from taking a more action-centric approach. That being said, i think we'll have the whole "play your way" schpiel"
>>
>>322743480
No it has a female that looks like a man because western devs cannot create good character models.
>>
It looks great.
>>
>>322743003
>Killzone team
You are just asking for disappointment
>>
No PC version, so why should I care?
>>
>>322743003
If the bitch would stay quiet, I could overlook her appearance. The sheer stupidity and "clever" writing have already destroyed any hope of this game being good.
>>
>>322743760
And she's voiced by Ashley Burch
God she sucks at voice acting.
>>
>>322743003
Looks great

I hope it has Multiplayer since guerilla shines in multiplayer gameplay

It would cool as shit if you can play as the dinosaurs like that game in Conker Bad Fur Day

I do think the MC talks to herself to much, that shit is annoying
>>
>>322743003
It looks visually stunning and has am interesting setting. I just hope the combat poses some challenge.

When they showed the T-Rex robot fight in the E3 gameplay it looked rather easy. Why introduce a cool monster like that yet make the battle with it so quick? I hope they only made the battle easy just for the E3 gameplay and that it's a lot harder in the actual game.
>>
>>322743815
God No
>>
>>322743760
It was seriously distracting how much she just kept on talking during the gameplay trailer. It looks like it could be fun though if there's a variety of weapons and shit to do.

Also Guerilla's track record isn't encouraging desu
>>
>>322743725
>2016
>still limiting himself to one platform

Why do you hate videogames, anon?
>>
>>322743436
>It looks like typical AAA western trash.
No it doesn't your opinion is wrong
>>
>>322743815
You can thank Nepotism for her paycheck.
>>
>>322743815
God No
That voice only works when its used for a teenage kid with a minimal story role
>>
>>322743957
No multiplier confirmed earlier today
>>
File: killzone2score.jpg (56 KB, 470x328) Image search: [Google]
killzone2score.jpg
56 KB, 470x328
>>322743715
>Doubting Mathjis De Jonge and Fallout New Vegas writer George Romero
>>
>>322743003
As a Pcuck, I was hyped the second I saw the very first trailer. I was expecting TECHNOLOGY, like rope physics and smart ways to kill the robots, extremely advanced collision. Then they showed you just shoot it once, the rope clips throught the body and the robot falls.

never lost hype faster than in this moment.
>>
>>322744092
There wasn't THAT much more to it than most third person shooters, get real.
>>
>>322744259
>As a Pcuck,
Opinion invalidated
>>
>>322743725
You care enough to post in a thread about it you salty pc cuck lmao
>>
>>322744089

Because almost everything comes out on PC.

PS4 have Bloodborne and thats all. X-boner have nothing I can recall.

When I was thinking about buying PS3 two years ago, I realized that I found 5 games that I couldnt play on PC and would like to play on console. Reduced to 4, once Valkyria Chronicles came out on PC.

Why would I waste so much money (PS4 cost 3/4 of what I would need to spend on PC ready to play) on device that would allow me to play just few games, with each having 2-3x higher price than usual PC games?
>>
If the game gets a crafting system for weapon/armour and potions of some sort it'll be a done deal for me.
>>
It looks gorgeous.

It also looks like "AAA: The Game," rather like Watch Dogs was.

It will probably be mildly entertaining and soulless, and people will love it because of it's movie-game presentation.
>>
>>322744381

Im bored.
>>
I'm looking forward to it, I think the concept is really interesting and I like the art style and design. However I have a suspicion it's not going to be quiet as open world as they've eluded to. Probably more Crysis than Far Cry, if you get my meaning.
>>
It looks like it might be decent

trailers haven't shown the UI

Birch won't shut the fuck up

We don't know if it's gonna be linear as fuck with an illusion of open world
>>
>>322744758
>trailers haven't shown the UI
There's a reasonably lengthy gameplay video out and also a video where one of the devs specifically talks about the UI.
>>
File: ps4collnew2.jpg (3 MB, 1493x1610) Image search: [Google]
ps4collnew2.jpg
3 MB, 1493x1610
>>322744406
>Because almost everything comes out on PC.
Except Bloodborne, Infamous Second Son, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, Little Big Planet 3, Uncharted, God of War, TLoU and everything in this image.
>>
>>322744406

Fair enough, anon. I was actually asking the same questions about building or upgrade of my current PC and I told myslef that it isn't worth it for the same reasons - almost no games that would require anything better than my current PC that I can't play on console.

Have fun, anon, with your PC.
>>
>>322743003
Kind of hyped but I hope there won't be too many frame drops.
>>
>>322744406
Off the top of my head PS3/360 had catherine, Metal Gear Solid 4, nier, acecombat, ni no kuni, armoured core and really a gold mine of exclusives I havent yet mentioned and not to mention console exclusives as well that didnt come to PC.

Horizon is first party and wont come to PC, persona 5, bloodborne, RC remake that looks fantastic, gravity rush, nier and many many others I have left out.

PC misses out on a lot more than 4 games and you shouldn't compare AAA multiplats like assasins creed, batman, mad max to console ip's, they are generally speaking of of quality with exceptions like withcer 3.
>>
>>322744978
>Infamous
>Until Dawn
>Tearaway
>Uncharted
>God of War
>TLoU
You're supposed to be making me jealous anon, not making me laugh.
>>
>>322744978
Most of those are weeb pedo shit or literally anime games tho.
That's kinda like saying, PC has all those steam greenlight indies and early access games.
>>
>>322743003
The game needs more Monster Hunter and Shadow of the Colossus and less Tomb Raider and Last of Us.
>>
>>322745134
PC actually would've enjoyed those titles because they like AAA, sandbox and platformers, just not when they're on consoles. Sure they aren;t system sellers but fun enjoyable games? Yes they are.
>>
>>322745280
Until Dawn is literally a movie, God of War is babby's first action game with qtes out the ass, and Uncharted and TLoU are shallow as fuck TPS with shitloads of muh cinematics

PC isn't missing shit on those at least.
>>
>>322745204
You know back in the day when games like persona came out on the PS1, heaps of americans and euros played it and enjoyed it. Now a days whenever people see anime artstyle they instally dismiss it. I'm glad I was born in the 90's before I got meme-pilled because now I can actually enjoy these engaging games that have good gameplay depth without being triggered by an artstyle. I

I guess it helps I can differentiate which games are panty quests and which aren't. Seriously some of those anime games have stories that will blow your mind, they are great titles.
>>
>>322745371
Why do so many PC users enjoy tomb raider then if its QTE? GOW would be right up their alley. Uncharted at least is not just QTE and is still fun to explore the world and play the main storyline.

Untildawn I'm with you, it's not the type of game I'd play but it seems to have been a fun/scary experience for many other people and actually sold pretty dam well.
>>
>>322744978

Except BB, I dont find anything of it slightly interesting or better than what I can find on PC.

"Exclusive" means little to me, if I have good alternatives.

Similar answer to >>322745118 yet Armored Core was one of those 5 "console-only" games I mentioned in previous post. MGS is now on PC, too and Im not fan of interactive movies like MGS4.

>>322744987

I can bet. I was thinking about upgrading too but then I realized that my i5-750 and GTX660 is still enough and noticable performance increase would require spending double the amount of money.

But I dont need this increase yet. I dont play Batman or AssCreed games.
>>
>>322745448
>engaging games that have good gameplay depth
half dating sim with schoolgirls, half visual novel, nice depth you got there

>heaps of americans and euros played it and enjoyed it
What's that supposed to imply? There's always gonna be tons of people that love what you don't like and hate what you love.

Sad to think people like you are probably the ones that come ruin every Bethesda thread.
>>
>>322745740
>Im not fan of interactive movies like MGS4.
Do you honestly believe that meme? It's a shame.

MGS4 had tons of gameplay, it just had a lot of cutscene to go with it which is great if you like story and character development.
>>
>>322745679
Tomb Raider was simply a good game, except the very end. Talking about the 2013 game. Level design was fun, animations were fun, and it just felt refreshing.

Uncharted is a discount oldschool tomb raider with a protag that has less charisma than an oyster and poor shooting.

I hope you realise you can despise QTE games but enjoy a game with QTE while you can love QTE games and hate a certain game that has them.
>>
>>322743003
I think it looks really cool. It's one of the handful of upcoming games that I'm going to be buying a PS4 for. I wish I didn't have to, though. Platform exclusivity is cancer.
>>
>>322745930
>half dating sim with schoolgirls, half visual novel, nice depth you got there

You just.. go enjoy what you enjoy. Just stop generalizing about games you really have no idea what you're talking about. I literally don't shitpost bethesda threads, I'm not that satly and plus its on my filter so I can't see those threads even if I wanted to.
>>
>>322745134
No one cares what (YOU) think, those are accalimed games and or series that have sold good to great that will never be on PC so your statement - if it was you who made it - is invalidated.
>>322745204
>Most of those games are weeb pedo shit
(You)
>>322745740
>Except BB, I dont find anything of it slightly interesting or better than what I can find on PC.
I don't care, you or the other anon made a statement of every game is on PC except Bloodborne so to prove you wrong I listed several titles and series that are not and will never be on PC to prove you wrong, case closed. I don't care what you think, or what I think of them senpai, they are great games with great sales.
>>
>robot dinosaurs

Who actually approves this garbage
>>
>>322746251

>I don't care
>...to prove you wrong, case closed
>I don't care what you think

Why so angry ;_;

I think I start to understand why console users are so obsessive about exclusives...
>>
>>322746152
>I hope you realise you can despise QTE games but enjoy a game with QTE while you can love QTE games and hate a certain game that has them.

That doesn't even make sense. You literally just tried to discount an entire series because it has 'qte out the ass'. You just have a massive bias against console ip's which is fine. Just don't hate it until you've actually tried them.

I liked romb raider for certain things and GOW offered things that TR didn't, TR is awfully similar to UC as well but UC has a much more developed and bettery storyline.
>>
>>322746397
Zoids would like to have a world with you, uncultured swine 2bh.
>>
>>322746546
word*
>>
>>322745930
>Sad to think people like you are probably the ones that come ruin every Bethesda thread.
You ruined your bait
>>
>Strong Female Protagonist
>Generic 3PS w/ stealth gimmicks
>muh immersion

Not worth it.
>>
>>322745740
>or better than what I can find on PC.

Well, can you name a good monster hunter on PC? ARPG? Modern jrpg like Persona? What about platformers, not side scrollers but platformers like tearaway and RC, Rime. What about unique games like Gravity Rush? More arpgs like bb, nier and nioh. Muder Mystery visual novels like Danganronpa? There are probably time travel novels but something as engaing like steins gate? What about it's own AAA's like Uncharted?

What are the PC equivalents of those games honestly?
>>
It looks so cool with the little we've seen that when it turns out to be bland and uninspired I'm going to be crushed
>>
>>322746424
Why do sonnygers assume you never played their IPs if you didn't enjoy them? I had both console last gen, got my father to buy a PS3 from a friend just so I can play GoW3 and Heavy Rain.

Uncharted is really shit tho, unless of course you've never played a third person action game in your life, so the target audience of Naughty Dogs.

I've never played TloU for exemple, and I can't talk about it since I don't know shit about it, and it's the only console game I'm interested in.
>>
so many shills lately
>>
>>322746639
>H-how can you dislike what I like?!?! I said it's good THEREFORE it's good.
>W-what? You're liking THIS? But I don't like it! THEREFORE it's shit.

Could you be even more retarded?
>>
>>322747067
[Citation needed]
>>
>>322747253
this is so obviously a shill thread lol
>>
>>322747149
If you think weebs are the ones bullying in your little threads, you're mistaken. Everyone shits on Bethesda because they make buggy awful games.
>>
>>322747018
Sorry I did make the mistake of assuming you didn't play those titles. Its often I talk to people who will shit on console games all the time or dismiss them entirey without having played the game or even know much about them.
>>
Looks like more shallow open world crap. And dinosaurs are the new zombies.
>>
>>322747463
>Everyone shits on Bethesda because they make buggy awful games.

Tell that to their sales, GOTY awards, reviews and scores from every website ever since their first game.

>inb4 hur dur those don't matter, unless it's a game I liked

>>322747481
You're right, but this is /v/. People will shitpost about everything, even if they they never played the game.
>>
>>322747548
>dinosaurs are the new zombies
I cant think of a recent title involving dinobros?
>>
>>322744189
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>322746816

>can you name

>a good monster hunter on PC

MH Online, but yeah, genre does not exist here. Of course, there are many MMO games with similar gameplay but I guess thats not what you asked for.

>ARPG?

I dont have whole day to list all of those games, you seriously think that PC have no action RPGs?

>Modern jrpg like Persona?

I dont play Shitsona, but latest FF came out on PC too, Tales, Neptunia, etc and those are JRPGs for sure.

>What about platformers, not side scrollers but platformers like tearaway and RC, Rime.

Trine 3, Legend of Kay, Cloudbuilt, but Im not surpirsed that you can find more of those games on consoles. Every platform have own vibe.

>What about unique games like Gravity Rush?

Scroll list of recent indie games, most of new devs try to make at least new genre. Warshift is first that come to my mind.

>Muder Mystery visual novels like Danganronpa? There are probably time travel novels but something as engaing like steins gate?

Tons of VNs, yet most of them not translated. First titles that come to my mind are Blood Code, Nekopara, Clannad. After all, this genre is mostly PC orientated in Japan.

>What about it's own AAA's like Uncharted?

Honestly, I cant answer since I dont even check if game is "AAA" or not. Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin (which you got recently on your consoles too - I suggest you to play, they are wonderful) surely are not "AAA" but does that makes them bad?
>>
>>322747990
Ark and Primal carnage, most recently. There's a bunch of shitty indie ones I can't remember the name of that have flooded steam in the last 2-3 years.

Also dinosaurs are boring as shit anyway. They're just big lizards that charge at you. All of them. Just big lizards that charge at you. Boy that hasn't been done to death with zombies, mutants, and aliens.
>>
>>322748181
Not even the second game in and you're naming console ports and multiplats. I guess I shoul've specifically stated games that you can only play on PC
>>
>>322747960
And millions of people buy Call of Duty and FIFA, and both usually get stellar reviews. What does any of that have to do with someone's personal opinion? Many people here have played their games and are disappointed with both the direction they're taking their series and the technical issues their games have. Just because the general public ignores them doesn't mean we don't notice glaring flaws in awful products.
>>
>>322748181
>
Tons of VNs, yet most of them not translated. First titles that come to my mind are Blood Code, Nekopara, Clannad. After all, this genre is mostly PC orientated in Japan.

You got me there though 2bh, that one flew right past me.
>>
>>322743003
Looks cool.
I just need need to see more of it, hoping the IA will not be as dumb as in the demo.
>>
Another glorious 17fps exclusive for PS4
>>
>Copy Jin Roh with the Helghast.
>Copy Zoids with these new monsters.

Fucking GG can't find a shred of creativity outside of animoo.
>>
>>322743003
This game is pure genius.

The lead character is white and civilization has reverted back to a simpler way of living, a primal way of life if you will. It's reminiscent to the life the Native Americans lived before the white man stole and raped their sacred land. The downfall of man was their greed and lust for technological advancment and innovation. The same technology people used to make their life easier not only turned against them but also poluted the Earth. The people that survived must learn to live off the land like the Natives did long ago, and it just do happens that a lot of the characters are white.
>>
>>322748637

Not a problem mate, I had my own problems with thinking about game that would fit as counterpart ot MonHun.

>>322748549

If you forgot, original statement was about reasons to buy console, if I can play the same game on PC. I dont understand some people obession over exclusives, really. Did Dragons Dogma, MGR, MGS 5 and Valkyria Chronicles or mentioned Wasteland 2 and DivOS became bad, once they stopped being their platform exclusives?
>>
>>322749160
Wow, that is some really low quality shitposting. You technically could say the same thing for just about any other game. It's not a bad thing that devs draw inspiration from thing you know?
>>
File: 1449943975478.png (212 KB, 727x857) Image search: [Google]
1449943975478.png
212 KB, 727x857
>>322743003
>What's /v/'s take on Horizon Zero Dawn?
IT'S SHIT
INCOMING DOWNGRADE
DINOSAURS AREN'T EVEN REAL
I HATE FEMALES
SJW GAME
>>
>>322749408
>Did Dragons Dogma, MGR, MGS 5 and Valkyria Chronicles or mentioned Wasteland 2 and DivOS became bad, once they stopped being their platform exclusives?

I'll admit that they certainly did not, the DD port was good for those who missed out on the game and the performance was indeed kinda bad on the PS3. I don't have a problem with pc games or console games getting ported really, I was more interested in seeings if it had similar games to the genres consoles have. I know it probably dose have a better arcady flight sim in exchange for acecombat, same for driving games like GR
>>
>>322749436
It's the same thing as stealing their creation while avoiding copyright because "Oh I made a little change to it now it's my creation!". Fuck off.
>>
>>322749454
lel
>>
File: bane.jpg (29 KB, 616x350) Image search: [Google]
bane.jpg
29 KB, 616x350
SAM LAKE CONFIRMED CIA WILL FIGHT WITH DINOSAURS IN QUANTUM BREAK!
QUANTUM BREAK IS THE SUPERIOR DINOSAUR GAME!
>>
>>322743003
waiting for more footage
>>
>>322749715

>I know it probably dose have a better arcady flight sim in exchange for acecombat, same for driving games like GR

Cant say for driving, as I dont play those games but about flight sims, we only had two HAWX games out of those newer ones and first HAWX was really Ace Combat like. Assault Horizon, as you probably know, is shit.

Space sims have better situation, as you might even try, since Elite: Dangerous can be played on consoles as well. Funny to play a game, where some people from community actually recommend playing with two joysticks.
>>
>>322743715
>he didnt like Killzone 2

I'll give it to ya that 3 and shadowfall were dissapointments
>>
>>322743003
Not a fan of bloodborne but Horizon Zero Dawn is what makes me want to get a PS4. Looks promising
>>
I wish it had a character creation system.
>>
>>322752348
I'd settle for a barber and some shampoo at the least.
>>
>>322752140
Bloodborne has niche appeal, but it was my GOTY. Hell I haven't stopped playing since i got it
>>
>>322743480
>>322743538

No, It has a female lead that can't seem to shut the hell up.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.