[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you miss it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1_ffxi_wp_02.jpg (252 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1_ffxi_wp_02.jpg
252 KB, 1280x800
Do you miss it?
>>
File: 1406005224071.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1406005224071.png
79 KB, 291x343
>>322739081
a lot man ...a fucking lot ...
>>
>tfw no hd version that is a single player game with all the content over the years with party members you can have using the npc or friends games where it has a pawn system like dragon dogma and they all choose their character/job

why even live.
>>
>>322739081

I completely missed it - I never got to play it.
>>
>>322739738
Square Enix considered it, and decided it wasn't worth the money.
>>
>>322739081
We'll never get another MMO with horizontal gear progression.
>>
>>322739081
lel no, one of the worst mmos i've ever had the displeasure of playing
>>
XIV > XI
>>
Was it good?
>>
>>322741382
No. Like all transition era MMOs it was barely a game and mostly just a glorified chatroom with grinding simulator attached to it. About the only interesting system that existed within it were skill chains.
>>
>>322740780
Young fag who wasnt old enough to play it confirmed
>>
>>322741618
So just like every MM0 then
>>
>>322739081
Absolutly stunning game. Glad I played in its prime from Zilart till WotG. They literally don't make MMOs like that anymore.

I found somewhat of a replacement though. XIV manages to catch small sparks of XIs greatness.
>>
File: Naoki Yoshida.jpg (13 KB, 240x265) Image search: [Google]
Naoki Yoshida.jpg
13 KB, 240x265
>>322740719
>We'll never get another MMO with horizontal gear progression.
That would be too confusing for our players!
>>
File: 1444607498121.jpg (64 KB, 680x384) Image search: [Google]
1444607498121.jpg
64 KB, 680x384
>>322741149
>Matsui put out more content in FFXI in its last year of life with his skeleton crew than Yoshi in all ARR
>>
>>322743313
God, he looks like such a fucking ape.
>>
>you will never have another gaming experience as epic as:
>Farming and killing Kirin for the first time
>Zerging absolute virtue all day till it was patched
>Killing Pandemonium Warden back at 75cap
>Getting your first HNM drop
>MPKing RMTs in Valkurm and Qufim
>Outclaiming Japs and getting your VBelt at 4AM
>Getting your first complete AF1 set
>Traveling to Jeuno for first time
>Having long running rivalries with other HNMLS
>Seeing UAE scum with bought accounts wipe to Nidhogg with a full alliance

But such is life.
>>
File: ffxiv.jpg (271 KB, 1004x1208) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv.jpg
271 KB, 1004x1208
>>322739081
Yes.
>>
Hard to miss it when I'm still playing it.
>>
>>322743374

>last year of life

It's still getting content updates. The main story is the only thing that's ended.
>>
>>322745979
>Playing a dead game with a monthly fee.

I wish it was free, though.
>>
I miss it but god damn when it was in it's peak if you wanted to be a top level player you were not gonna hold down a job.Also Bismarck represent!
>>
>>322746041
He said he's gonna add character based stories by using RoEs. How does that even work? From what I'm playing right now RoE is quest objectives you take straight from your main menu..
>>
>>322746134
I spend more on sweets in a year than I do on sub payments and I've played easily over 1000 hours. Literally no game I have ever purchase has been as cost effective.

That being said I wouldn't start now, the game isn't worth joining at this stage. Nasomi is a much better alternative, I'd play there if I had it in me to lose all my progress on the main servers.
>>
Sure do. Though I could always resub and play the abomination that it is today if only to rekindle the many memories I have of it.
>>
I play with /ffg/
>>
>>322746708
They do free weeks a few times a year, that's usually good enough for my nostalgia.
>>
>>322746573
Tried nasomi but it played even worse than official servers. The game being absolutely outdated and forcing my pc to emulate direct 8 or whatever made it perform terribly. Couldnt even get it to run at stable 29 fps even though I should be able to run it in the triple digit fps. On nasomi I'm running at single digit fps in ronfaure.

Also, browsing around to find a 'fix' led me to someone claiming that the dev of ashita (windower like) made his own program to crash on nasomi because he didnt like how the server was p2w. Some other poster claimed that the nasomi admids changed their ways but it kinda put me off the server regardless.
>>
>>322747029
Well first of all there aren't any Nasomi admins. Nas has been working on his own since the get-go, with the exception of code donations from a few members.

Next Nasomi was a dev of Ashita before he started Nasomi, the reason he split off and wrote his own windower was because Ashita was updating all content (Abbysea+) and that was affecting the data entries for everything, every update 80% of stuff had to be fixed. So, Nas wrote his own program that focused on just WoTG and before content, so he could actually get some work done. There was no animosity between the two teams afaik, just a difference in end goal.

No idea about your frame-rate issue, first I've heard of it. I guarantee that if you entered the Nasomi IRC and asked you would have had a fix within the day.
>>
>>322739738
You can solo pretty much all the story content now, excepting the very latest expansion. You can also summon a shit ton of NPC party members to party up with. If you ever wanted to just play FFXI for the story, now is the time.
>>
>>322747725
With trusts, anyone should be able to do all the fights in SoA by themselves. I soloed them without trusts as RDM awhile back.
>>
>>322739081
after quitting on the voidwatch update and seeing what happened to Dynamis, no. I don't miss you. Not at all
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.