[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomb Raider thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: TR-box-art-PC.jpg (217 KB, 1280x1806) Image search: [Google]
TR-box-art-PC.jpg
217 KB, 1280x1806
I'm halfway through this shit and it's super fucking rad. From level design to combat to puzzles it's just great
Am I the only one who finds similarities with the Dark Souls series?
>>
Okay, I'll bite. What are these similarities with the Dark Souls series?
>>
>You need to kill this deer for food/health
>Cries like a bitch
>Continues to blow shit up in the jungle with AK

It was good until you picked up a gun.
>>
>>322737127
Camps, as in, bonfires? Yeah, I don't know.
>>
>>322737018
I think you meant to say Uncharted
>>
I liked the tomb raider too, but more of a bamham and last of us feel.
>>
>>322737127
Even though it's a lot more handholding, the world is about the same type of worls as in dark souls: not really open world but somewhat close, dark and varied themes.
You also level up at campfires and shit.
It brings a tiny little bit of souls vibe for me for some reason.
It's not dark souls-like exactly, but it definitely has some aspects that bring a little memory of it
>>
>those lazy ass fuck QTE's
>those stupid enemies that offer 0% challenge
>muh cinematic explusins
>color palette is just gray and brown
>keep upgrading my bow cause it's the most usable weapon in the game--->game gives you the best bow later in the game
>won't let me develop my skills as I want

anything that I missed? I think it's one of the worst games I've ever played.
>>
>Really liking the game
>Get to the beach section
>Framerate drops from silky smooth 25 down to 10
>Literally unplayable
>Probably the waves or something

W-welp
>>
>>322737538

What about the fact you fight a boss who maybe showed up 3 times in a cutscene, had no dialogue. And then you pick up 2 pistols to blast 10 bullets into the main villain who doesn't even fight back and the game is over.
>>
File: 007.jpg (26 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
26 KB, 460x276
>>322737018
I'm through this shit and it's super fucking boring. From all the hallways to one-shotting guys with the pistol to that one puzzle that had me thinking for like one minute it's way too piss easy even on the hardest difficulty
Am I the only one who finds similarities with every bland third person shooter in existence?
>>
>>322737538
go a little easier on dark souls bud. the dev team isnt that big
>>
>>322737018
this is the future YOU chose
>>
File: 1451193560203.jpg (66 KB, 650x472) Image search: [Google]
1451193560203.jpg
66 KB, 650x472
>>322739010
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.