[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persona 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Persona_3_FES_artwork.jpg (201 KB, 696x1000) Image search: [Google]
Persona_3_FES_artwork.jpg
201 KB, 696x1000
I'm about to start playing this but I wanted to know if there's anything I should keep in mind. Any advice so that I don't wind up in the end game completely under powered or having missed side quests or story things?
>>
>>322734664

Remember to buy up loads of bishops early on, they get expensive later in the game.
>>
The game is based around social links. Don't ignore them.

Persona fusion is important. Don't ignore it.
>>
>>322734664
Black frost is one of the first OP Persona you get
>>
>>322734664
ignore fuuka
>>
You need to max out your Courage/Intelligence/Charm as soon as possible.

I recommend following a guide so that you know the right answers for Social Links and can max most of them out.
>>
>>322734716
Not sure what those are but I'll make sure I take a look.
>>322734785
Noted, thanks.
>>322734813
I'll be sure to grab it, however you do that.
>>
File: waifus.png (538 KB, 2200x1400) Image search: [Google]
waifus.png
538 KB, 2200x1400
>>322734843
>ignore best girl
can you be more of a pleb
>>
>>322735039
please stop
>>
>>322734889
I guess I'll find a decent guide then. Hopefully there's a decent no spoilers guide.
>>
most of the social link stories are better than the main story

their levels give exp bonuses when fusing personas which is necessary to get better personas with good movesets

there's a finite number of days in the game to level social links, likely won't max everything without a guide (possible but takes a good deal of foresight and management near impossible on an initial playthrough)
>>
Make sure you pay attention to what the teacher says and note some of the answers down for tests.
Or be a faggot and look them up online.
Try to get as many social links done. If you can't try to at least get the main casts links done.
Buffs and debuffs are your best friends.
Exploit weaknesses, seriously.
Fuse, fuse, and fuse until you get the perfect persona.
Make mitsuru your girlfriend cause she is best girl next to elizabeth.
Speaking of Elizabeth, do all her dates senpai.
>>
>>322734664
HEAR AND HEAR WELL

Focus on your social stats.
Charisma, Intelligence, courage. these are the keys to more social links.
BUT, never ignore social links in favor of improving stats, if you have social links available priorize those.
increase your stats in the arcade at night, it costs money and money is a pain in the first month, but after that you will never lack money. Plus the stat increases are among the best in the game.
if you character is sick or tired, visit the infirmary for a free increase in courage.
While doing social link try to have a persona of the correct arcana with you so that social link will increase faster.

Said all that, trying to max al social links in your first game is almost imposible without a guide, so don't stress too much about it, focus on the characters you like.

As for combat, you don't have to worry about levels, as long as you reach the top of the dungeon available each month you will be ready to challenge anything.
>>
>>322734664
Just keep going to Tartarus whenever you don't feel tired or sick.

It's a fucking pain but it guarantees that the rest of the game won't be too much of a challenge.
>>
>>322735439
>>322735374
>Social links
How disadvantaged will I be if I don't complete all of them? Can I just wing it and be fine?
>>
>>322735615
You can't fuse the highest leveled persona in each respective arcana and you don't get as high an exp bonus when fusing a persona of a respective arcana. If you want my advice, Just fuse Yoshitsune with Arms Master and Power Charge. When you get Hassou Tobi, then the entire game becomes trivial.
>>
>>322735615
Maxing social links unlocks special personae. It is to your advantage to be able to make these, but they aren't mandatory to finish the main game.

You aren't expected to max all social links, but you want to max as many as you can.
>>
>>322735615

don't worry about it and just play the fucking game, go to characters you're interested in knowing about and just don't say anything they wouldn't like (reversing the social link has absolutely no gameplay benefit)

if able to beat death and get to monad the final boss is over in 2 minutes
>>
>>322735615
You will do just fine but you'll miss a lot of good story.If you aren't taking full advantage of your time you'll miss a lot. Plus it always pays to have Social links at max level if you plan to do endgame bonus bosses. You will be able to beat the main story without much of a problem as long as you do SOME social links.
>>
Is it better than Persona 4? Because that was a nonstop cringe fest. Also I own both FES and P3P(on Vita), any reason to choose one version over another? Aside from the obvious benefit of being able to use headphones and hiding my powerlevel on the portable version.
>>
>>322735913
>>322736003
>>322736028
Alright, thanks anons. I'm off to start playing.
>>
>>322736049
It depends of what you didn't like of P4.
Story wise P3 is more grim and characters are more serious, but still pretty animu tier.
>>
>>322734664

Social links can become reversed which can be a little annoying. A word of advice. When you accept somebody's invitation via Phone in your room at night and a second person calls dont accept the second person's invitation as the first guy will get pissed and reverse the social link (i thought you could maybe politely say you changed your mind) which can be a bitch to fix. Might eb a spoiler but everyone ive talked to IRL about it falls for it first time
>>
>>322736213
>It depends of what you didn't like of P4
Mainly the characters, the plot and mood were nice enough
>>
>>322736313
One big difference between P3 and P4 is that P3 characters don't suck your dick right from the start, and since their development is independend of social links they are more fleshed out than the P4 cast.
>>
File: mmyes in HD.png (49 KB, 198x448) Image search: [Google]
mmyes in HD.png
49 KB, 198x448
>>322734664
To make this girl very happy
>>
listen to meguro when you're not playing the game
>>
>>322737109

This is good advice. The music is great and helps you get into the game and makes the experience better overall. Meguro is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSlhnFFOVo
>>
>>322734664
Be nice to Fuuka
>>
>>322734889
>I recommend following a guide so that you know the right answers for Social Links and can max most of them out.
Stupid advice, going oyt of your way to max S.Links takes away all the fun, just do the ones of the people you like and then try others in NG+
>>
>>322736049
Play FES, P3P is a butchered port
>>
File: 1426305514685.png (11 KB, 227x187) Image search: [Google]
1426305514685.png
11 KB, 227x187
>>322738916
>falling for the artificial replayability jew
>>
>>322739307
>Using a guide for your first runthrough of any game
Do you hate fun?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.