[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be your stance on more Podracing video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 2261946-swrrscreen3.jpg (175 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2261946-swrrscreen3.jpg
175 KB, 640x480
What would be your stance on more Podracing video games?
>>
Is that some N64 Podracer OP?

I really enjoyed that game, especially upgrading all of your shit. A modern reboot would be pretty sweet.
>>
Fav game on the N64 back then. Was really addicted to it, and I remember it getting pretty challenging in the end. Should emulate and play again t bh
>>
Podracing was pretty much the only cool thing to come out of The Phantom Menace and Episode 1 Racer was GOAT, so sure
>>
>>322732530

Racer Revenge was pretty good, although it felt less like an arcade game than Episode 1 Racer. Occo Ninebar a qt tho
>>
How would they do the dual-wielding engines like the N64 on a modern controller though?
>>
>>322734659
>the only cool thing to come out of The Phantom Menace
Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ZY8Fz9GGU was pretty cool.
>>
>>322735350
I don't remember the specifics of that since it's been so long, but modern controllers have more buttons and 2 sticks. And analog triggers.
>>
>>322735425
The soundtrack in general for the prequels, especially Episodes 1 and 2, is generally fantastic. This might be the best piece Williams ever composed. Beyond iconic at this point.
>>
>>322735350
The game was great on Dreamcast, and that controller was just an Xbox 360 controller minus shoulder buttons and a right analog stick.
>>
>>322732530
We just need an all-in-one game where you can have podracers, superheroes on BMX bikes, racers driving F1 vehicles, etc. Just throw all that shit in together and make the ultimate racing game.

Have The Flash as a cheat unlock or something for good measure.
>>
>>322732530
Destiny sparrows felt like a podracer

They even had a racing event not long ago

I know destiny is shit blah blah
>>
>>322734654
>pretty challenging
muh ptsd from the 3rd stage from the last 4.
>oops, i fell to the lower levels, gotta restart
>>
>>322732530

It's a new lap record!
>>
>>322735425
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
xD
>>
One of the best games on N64 and definitely the best racing game. Loved it, would buy even a HD remake.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.