[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda Lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 22
File: 1451724115954.jpg (192 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
1451724115954.jpg
192 KB, 800x440
It is assumed that there must be a third unseen sage that empowers the Master Sword. This is so because the Goddess Sword requires three blessings in Skyward Sword to retain its final form.

One possibility is that this is Link, for reason of the fact he is the Wind Waker, naned after a baton belonging to the king, leader of the sages. In OoT Zelda tells you she is destined to be their leader. This is relevant because it means the King is dead. Ergo, at least one member of the royal family is an acting member of the sages at any time.

In TWW however, the King is still alive and seemingly hands this role to Link, a recurring aspect of OoT in which young Link repeatedly endowed with private royal family keepsakes/matters.

The question arises, if he's a sage, what is he that of?
>>
Get the fuck out of here with your gametheory garbage faggot!
>>
>>322731930
Hero(Sage) of Time?

>>322732145
Whatever crawled up your butt, keep it there. I'd rather you have it than have it go after me.
>>
>>322732725
But Zelda is presumed to be the Sage of Time.

Also, thanks for the good comeback to that ass. I hope he gets banned.
>>
>>322731930
You're being foolish. The games aren't really all related. It is a thin thread that binds them all together
>>
>>322733341
K. Now go on your way.
>>
>>322731930
I want to fug a Zora
>>
File: d58ihg5.jpg (214 KB, 900x1237) Image search: [Google]
d58ihg5.jpg
214 KB, 900x1237
A gossip stone told me the princess is a huge slut.
>>
>>322734052
Yeah, and a gossip stone told me there was an owl that flies around giving advice

It's all fucking Sheikah lies
>>
File: 2125t3266.gif (944 KB, 410x281) Image search: [Google]
2125t3266.gif
944 KB, 410x281
>>322731930
That sword shit in WW is pure tripes designed to explain why you can't just kill Ganon and be done with it.

They could have made the Master Sword become shit some other way than constant prayer. Like the fact that Link doesn't have a clue how to use it.
>>
File: zelda.jpg (202 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
202 KB, 800x800
>>322731930
But what if Zelda was a girl?
>>
>>322734557
Yfw this sets the preface for every Zelda after TWW or TP to demand the need for two sages to pray over the Master Sword.

Yfw for this very reason we've not had a sequel to the original Zeldas or a proper canon one to TWW timeline.

Hot dang, Koizumi. Look what you did.
>>
Nintendo doesn't think this hard about the lore in the Zelda games, and neither should you.

Do you remember what happened when they finally released the official time line for the franchise? The one that was so top secret, it was behind vaulted doors (bullshit).

It was literally something they just pulled out of their ass.
>>
File: Skull_Kid_(Twilight_Princess).png (1 MB, 1136x1369) Image search: [Google]
Skull_Kid_(Twilight_Princess).png
1 MB, 1136x1369
>>322731930
I had a neat theory that Twilight Princess's skull kid was actually Hero of Time before Hyrule Historia was released.

>non-kokiri children who become lost in the Lost Woods without a fairyare cursed to become skull kids, not stalfos
>this skull kid looks fucking nothing like the skull kid from Oot and MM
>this skull kid was left-handed like Link in the GC version, the only other character in the game that's left-handed is the Hero's Shade
>skull kid has a leaf on his back shaped like Link's hylian shield, with the same relative proportions
>the skull kid wears blue earrings like OoT adult Link, and his lantern has a weird blue glow that's reminiscent of navi
>has a weird hat that's kind of shaped like Link's cap
>skull kid plays a sad version of Saria's Song, the Sacred Grove has this somber feel to it
>you summon the skull kid via howling stone by playing Zelda's lullaby, which has a fucking triforce with depictions of the 3 spiritual stones engraved into each piece
>Midna implies that he's actually a good guy, who's testing you as he's leading you to the location of the temple of time and the master sword
>why the fuck would some random lone skull kid, and presumably the only one left of his kind, be guarding the temple of TIME and the master sword?
>why was he all alone by himself, when the game makes it fairly clear that kokiri and skull kids are likely long gone or extinct?

Too bad it's no longer a possible canon theory because Hyrule Historia's bullshit.
>>
>>322735187
Koizumi did. He planned a ton of shit.

Too bad the rest of the Zelda team didn't give a fuck, so he had to play sneaky and find clever ways too add shit into the Nintendo 64 titles.

But he's been put in Mario hell so it might as well not matter.
>>
>>322735187
>Nintendo doesn't herp derp...

Your comments have been heard and ignored. Observe: >>322732145 >>322733341

Now kindly remove yourself from hither. Nobody cares aboit your stupid theory over how much Nintendo plans or doesn't.
>>
File: 1451934644435.jpg (92 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1451934644435.jpg
92 KB, 878x814
>>322735626
>>
File: 1432066536518.png (2 MB, 1000x1335) Image search: [Google]
1432066536518.png
2 MB, 1000x1335
>>322734559
>>
>>322731930
King Daphnes is not the king from OoT. Several generations passed before Ganon escaped the Sacred Realm in TWW's backstory.
>>
>>322735930
>Linkle has ruined any chance for Female Link shit

Nuts
>>
>>322735626
You're on page 4 with 20 replies. You're the one whose opinion is irrelevant. Anyway I'll be on my way. I'm not such a bad winner as to stay and gloat/mock you when I know I'm right and you know that I am right.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (4 KB, 169x299) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
4 KB, 169x299
>>322735325
Hyrule Historia is not canon so it could still be canon.

But he can't be because of the following I would think.

>Effigy of moon for a face. In Termina, artwork and the model of the Mayor's chair confirms that it is smiling to everyone else. So Skull Kid wears it as he sees it.
>Skull Kids are implied to be only Kokiri or kids who die in the woods. This is why Fado asks you if you're pretending to be one of them by showing her the Skull Mask (Skull-Kid. Ghost kids of straw who are obsessed with skulls), but calls you a forest ghost.

I like this idea though. It's the best fan theory I've ever heard, and it's plausible because that Skull Kid ISN'T straw and isn't wearing a skull.

Cheers. I may accept this into my headcanon after further analysis. Do you have other work or a blog?
>>
>>322736740
>Hyrule Historia is not canon
Are you retarded or what
>>
>>322731930
literally what the fuck are you talking about?

did you even play skyward sword? the sword powerups aren't granted by sages you thick shit.
>>
>>322736890
Are you gullible? It's ridden with errors.

It's historic by way of being the worst fanbook in history.
>>
>>322737147
It's made by Nintendo which makes it canon. It's not like they haven't been contradicting themselves since LttP came out and constantly rewriting the timeline. Until something else comes out to retcon it, it's the official state of Zelda whether you like it or not.
>>
>>322736951
No shit sherlock holmes. Did you figure that out all by yourself? They still use the same terminology, "blessing" the sword and each one does what the prayers do in TWW. Dumbass. How does it feel to know you have to learn everything from /v/ because you can't comprehend narration for yourself?
>>
>>322737147
the timeline in hyrule historia shows that Ganondorf is a good guy and Link is a pizza shit cuck who does things tasked to him by girls without understanding the consequences of helping.

That's about the peak of any sense that can be made from that timeline, and unfortunately it makes a shitton of sense when understanding the individual games' contents.
>>
>>322737147
>Are you gullible? It's ridden with errors.

Like every game in general? They haven't tried to connect the games properly since TWW.

Though Spirit Tracks did reference Phantom Hourglass a bit.
>>
>Zelda lore
But they always retcon it. The idea that there needs to be three sages to empower the Master Sword might be true now, but it might not be when the new one comes out. And whatever that game establishes might no longer be true when the one after that comes out.
>>
>>322737510
The worst part is the blessing stuff was just an excuse to pad the game.
>>
>>322737371
nigger there are two blessings in WW, not three. First one unlocks it, second one makes it the true master sword. You have to be retarded to think there is a connection between those two blessings for the singular Master Sword compared to 3 steps needed for the Goddess Sword to eventually transform into the Master Sword.

you've spent so much time on /v/ that you forgot to go to school and pass kindergarten.
>>
>>322737309
Official state? Bwahahaha. You are running a self-defeating argument my friend. It's sad that you're too staunch in your mindset to see that.

But no, Zelda has a great mythology and a consistent one outside of NoA's disruptions. How the Hyrule Historia came to be, still baffles me, and can only attest to the stupidity of Aonuma or some other higher-up, possibly Iwata (God rest his soul), which is why I'm making a documentary on it.

Personally I don't care what you think. You're a dime-a-dozen monkey with a back of the cereal box argument.
>>
>>322737712
stop that
>>
>>322737659
>he didn't play Skyward Sword. He watched it on youtube and forgot half the details.

Oh damn you're an imbecile. Just stop typing. I'm not going to dignify your post with a further response beyond saying if you make any other post with the n-word or other profanity I'll hide it automatically.
>>
>>322736740
>Skull Kids are implied to be only Kokiri or kids who die in the woods.

No, a Navi speculates that it's children who turn into skull kids when you z-target one of them, and a gossip stone confirms that it's only non-fairy folk who turn into monsters; in other words: not Kokiri.

Also we don't know what really happened to Link after he left Termina, we know we went back into the Lost Woods and that's that. Who knows if he even made it out before it was too late?

And speaking about the Majora's Mask skull kid, I always found it kind of weird how similar yet different they were to each other. Like the skull kid, Link is pretty much just a very lonely kid at this point, having lost all of friends and accomplishments after Zelda sent him back back to his own timeline. And Link gets the light fairy (Tatl) while Skull Kid gets the dark fairy (tael.) Both end up becoming friends at the end of the game. They are character foils of each other.

And something very interesting about the Skull Kid's design in MM. The Kokiri symbols on his gloves. He doesn't have these in the official art or in his OoT game model. Which is weird, why would he even have these symbols on his gloves when Kokiri can't turn into skull kids, and skull kids don't originate from the Kokiri tribe?

On the other hand, Link was raised by the kokiri, despite being Hylian. I see Skull kid as a foreshadowing to Link's inevitable fate.
>>
>>322737712
Bro, just read real mythology.

You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>322738137
what the fuck are you on about man. do you seriously not understand the difference between the number 2 and the number 3?
>>
>>322738202
I never noticed the symbols on his hand. Fuck.
>>
File: ButThatsForbiddenLove.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ButThatsForbiddenLove.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>322734559
Link x Saria yuri
>>
File: Nicolas Cage Laugh.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
Nicolas Cage Laugh.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>322738260
>real mythology
>consistent
>>
>>322738202
Or, you know, the fucking kleptomaniac took them you demented mongoloid.
>*Gasp* there's moss growing on this rock! This couldn't possibly happen normally given circumstances we're already long aware of, it must mean something more!
This entire mentality is juvenile and absurd, what the fuck are you doing anon?
>>
File: MM_Link's_Mask_in_Skull_Kid.png (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
MM_Link's_Mask_in_Skull_Kid.png
33 KB, 320x240
>>322738202

One more thing: there was some very, very weird and eerie shit datamined from the original game. At one point in the game, the skull kid was supposed to wear a Link mask reminiscent to the elegy of emptiness statue, as a replacement for the Majora's Mask (pic related.) For some reason, this item was only assigned to Skull Kid and no other character. For what reason, we don't really know.

Even weirder, there was a scrapped animation for princess Zelda , regarding the flashback scene where she teaches the song of time to you. Orginally, she wasn't even supposed to use the ocarina of time to teach the song to you, but a flute.

Here are the datamined animations for her. She even does a skull kid flip at the 4:59 mark, which is very odd.

And the flute she was going to use to play the song to you?

https://tcrf.net/File:ZeldaMM-Zelda%27s_Flute.png
The flutes that skull kids use. Very fucking weird.

I think the original ending for Majora's Mask was meant to incorporate, or at least imply a far more tragic and bleak ending for Link, but it was scrapped for obvious reasons. Too dark for Nintendo's liking.

It would be a fitting end for him though. Raised by a bunch of eternal forest kids in a forest, ends up being cursed to become an eternal forest kid stuck in the woods forever. Tragic but fitting.
>>
hyrule historia and zelda faggots and the push for a timeline are the worst

it a legend it is literally the retelling of the same story with changes like legends

i always assumed it was that or link of on another adventure until windwaker threw a spanner into that
>>
File: images (9).jpg (29 KB, 332x443) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
29 KB, 332x443
>>322734559
What if Zelda was a grill?
>>
>>322738202
>Kokiri can't turn into skull kids, and skull kids don't originate from the Kokiri tribe?

They are and do. All the other Kokiri call them "forest kids," except Fado. She also knows Stalfos, implying she knows what they are. In the JP version they're named "Stalkids." So what NoA messed up is that she is telling Link he is no exception and could be a Stal-form too. "Everybody will become a Stalfos. Everybody." Only she, Mido, and Saria know this.

The gossip stone about non-fairy folk I am well aware of. It's a reference to Grog becoming one, but doesn't necessarily protect Kokiri from turning to ones either if they don't have their fairies. Navi says "this forest" at one point (but it might be NoA mislocalization again), and the forest sign says specifically "fairy-folk shall not leave these woods." See the connection?

I personally presume Skull Kid is a Kokiri from Termina. KG there thinks Link is too when you first meet.
>>
>>322739031
Whoops, forgot the youtube link for the datamined Zelda animations. Here they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCSWAubNuoU

Weird stuff.
>>
>>322738598
Theorizing about Zelda when the current team hasn't given zero fucks about the lore for well over a decade is equally as juvenile.

Doesn't explain all of the strange stuff going on with Twilight Princess's skull kid, who is very much an anomaly.
>>
>>322739115
>Game full of re-used assets and new additions has artifacts in the files
Holy shit stop the presses, this is breaking news and totally means there's more going on than what we think we know!

Seriously faggot, how did you end up being this retarded? You're surpassing Sonic levels of autism here. You are laughably incapable of assessing simple data and come with the most nonsensical conclusion as if it were the only logical one, your stupidity astounds me.
>>
>>322739362
>in a theorizing thread
>goes full autismo on some random theory

What the fuck anon. You can just say it's not your cup of tea and that's that.

I still find it weird that they applied such flute animations to Zelda though. Really random and kind of unnecessary if there isn't some context or purpose behind it. That and the datamined Link mask that was assigned to Skull Kid only.
>>
File: s4cpxw.png (836 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
s4cpxw.png
836 KB, 1152x864
>>322739115
>>322739031
I knew about all of that except that there was an image of the flute floating around. Cool, thanks! Also, Skull Kid doesn't steal Link's ocarina in the earliest trailer for MM. He rides away on Epona, flute in hand.

Speaking of; I forgot to mention myself that in the earliest beta, venturing into the woods to become treasure-seekers was the fate of all Kokiri when they came of age. I guess it was more Peter Pan-esque.
>>
>>322738543
And that's the point.

Neither is Zelda.

Now shut the fuck up you autust.
>>
>>322736206
No she hasn't

She made it better. Now we can have wincest in our tg Zelda Yuri doujins
>>
>>322739560
>Theory
>Inane thoughts and ridiculously contrived conclusions are now theories
Yea fuck off mate.
>>
>>322739572
>Also, Skull Kid doesn't steal Link's ocarina in the earliest trailer for MM. He rides away on Epona, flute in hand.

Interesting. Do you have a link or source to the footage?
>>
>>322739672
Just accept or deny that it's fun little theory or fuck off about it. Not that hard to do. No need to sperg about fun ideas m8.
>>
>>322739572
>Speaking of; I forgot to mention myself that in the earliest beta, venturing into the woods to become treasure-seekers was the fate of all Kokiri when they came of age. I guess it was more Peter Pan-esque.

So would that imply that they eventually became skull kids, or that they went around searching for treasure unharmed thanks to their fairies?
>>
>>322739742
I sure do bro.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=orgwe5wokNo
>>
>>322739757
>Act like an idiot
>Get called out for acting like an idiot
>WHEEEEEEH GET OUT OF MY HUGBOX DADDYYYYYYY
Holy shit, this is bringing me to tears.

How about you put some actual fucking thought into this shit you retarded mongoloid, all of these contrivances are obviously the result of them tooling around with the OOT engine and assets for MM, working in new animations and shit.

The flute? Maybe they weren't sure they wanted to let link keep the Ocarina of Time on his travels, but decided on it during development, the zelda animations? MM introduces several new animations, the fact that they used Zelda's model at some point means literally nothing.

The gloves? Where the fuck do you think skullkids get their clothes, the local super? Like holy shit you don't need a fucking thread to discuss these vapid contrivances, you need less than two seconds of sane thought.
>>
>>322731930
Yeah OP, u kind of fucked up there.
>>322732725
Exactly that, he'd have to do be the sage of time
>>
>>322740021
Explain the weird shit behind Twilight Princess's skull kid then?

>>322736740
>Hyrule Historia is not canon so it could still be canon.

Uh no it's canon. At least until Nintendo retcons it. Since they have a history of doing that.
>>
>>322739964
Well it's complicated. The timeline of development is very vague because that same year, the semi-final idea of the Kokiri seemed to have been cemented (shortly before Miyamoto delayed the game for a year and rewrote a fourth of the story). That was, the Kokiri are kids who disappear after they grow up, before spontaneously being reborn. I guess this is where the cool way they only appear when you're within 15 steps comes from. They are in a sense, fairy spirits.

Anyhoo, thay said it seems the Kokiri were saved the blunt of Miyamoto's teatable flipping in my parenthetical note. The main exception being Link's family crest became the crest of the entire clan. Which we know, because of concept art for a tablet outside of his house in Hyrule Historia.
>>
File: 1451372760191.png (144 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1451372760191.png
144 KB, 480x640
Hey Skull Kid bro. I think I'll eject from this thread before I cast any more of my pearls to the swine.

Wanna shoot me an email so we can continue this conversation later?

[email protected]
>>
File: L O L.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
L O L.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>322737712
>which is why I'm making a documentary on it.

Hope you enjoy working at McDonald's to pay your film school student loans
>>
>>322740352
>Explain the weird shit behind the TP skull kid
>You not being able to explain X is somehow relevant to you being able to explain Y
That's. Retarded.

Besides, the TP "skull kid" could be any number of things, by your own logic I could ask you to explain the utter lack of skull kids in Wind Waker, or the fact that somehow some way in all this time there is only a single skull kid left, which isn't the hero of time because he's the fucking asshole teaching you swordskills and calling you his fucking descendant.

Problem here is that if you want to propose a theory about fiction, the first thing you need to do is dismiss the notion that it could be caused by human error, because if your theory relies on you saying "It COULD be human error, but what if it wasn't!" then you might as well be asking random people "hey, what if there were ducks on the moon?"

I was under the impression that this was a thread about Zelda lore, not Zelda fanfiction and bullshit contrivances.
>>
>>322740743
Better idea, how about you go back to reddit or did you come here after they laughed you out as well?
>>
>>322740743
No thanks.

Thanks for showing interest in my theory though. Kind of curious why you find it interesting. Maybe I'll bring it up again in a future lore thread.
>>
>>322740975
Fair enough, a pleasure discussing with you.

And I was at a dinner on Christmas at my cousin's fiances. A girl there was talking about Zelda and brought up the theory that Skull Kid is the one from MM. So this is the second time in less than two weeks I've been in discussion about it.
>>
What do you think of the idea that Nabooru is Malon's mother?
>red hair
>gerudo horse
>wear gerudo mask and talk to dad, says it looks like his wife
>wear gerudo mask talking to nabooru, says it looks like her
>gerudo women are known to come to town to look for hylian boyfriends

Think there was one more piece of evidence but I'm failing to remember it.
>>
>>322741318
I'm sure it's the martians trying to tell you something important anon, but you need to hurry and figure it out before it's too late!
>>
>>322741371
Finally something actually interesting to discuss, main thing that goes against it is the nose and skin color, but that hardly dismisses it completely, it's also something actually clearly and purposely put in.

Why are the masks in OoT always the most interesting bits?
>>
>>322741371
Seems possible, but do gerudo only give birth to gerudo, or is it possible there could be some freak accident where one births a hylian with some gerudo traits?

Speaking of red hair, it's not an extremely uncommon trait among hylians. The Happy Mask salesman has hair, as do the dancing twin sisters from MM and so on.
>>
>>322734557
>>322734818
WW is basically the most noticeable trend of Zelda going story heavy and hand holding.
>>
>>322741818
The main thing about the Gerudo is that they only gave birth to a man every... I forget the exact time here but it was something specific, the idea that a Gerudo could birth a non-Gerudo isn't explicably dismissed as far as I'm aware.

>It's not an uncommon trait among Hylians
Could technically just prove that the Gerudo are sleeping around, which wouldn't be so strange given they have no men in their society, and that only the Gerudo children stay while the rest are left with the men.
>>
>>322742015
100 years
>>
>>322737712
So... was this bait?
>>
>>322741371
Talon says Gerudo mask reminds him of Malons mother, he also says the mask doesn't look like her
So whether he got with the only Gerudo that still looks like one but doesn't. Which seeing as how each is basicly a clone just about the only thing I can think of would be something to change the shape of the face just enough...

Talon made it with the rarest of Gerudo a fatty, like a shiny but rounder
>>
File: linebeck oh wow.png (314 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
linebeck oh wow.png
314 KB, 562x437
>>322736740
>>322737147
>>322737712
>>
>>322745001
He's right though. /vr/ proved it.
>>
>>322745001
Book was last-minute trash meant to cash in on the anniversary.

Knowing Nintendo they'll just end up retconning some of it sooner or later.
>>
File: 1419932040096.jpg (142 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
1419932040096.jpg
142 KB, 1157x772
>>322745243
>He's right though.
Go back to working on your "documentary."
>>
File: 1444700617648s.jpg (12 KB, 233x250) Image search: [Google]
1444700617648s.jpg
12 KB, 233x250
>>322731930
>Zelda Lore
>>
>>322739031
>She even does a skull kid flip at the 4:59 mark, which is very odd.

You're looking way too deep into this. It can be explained pretty easily.

>Devs want Zelda to play a flute similar to Skullkids.
>Take Skullkid animation, slap it on Zelda, trim the bits they don't want off.
>Zelda now plays the flute without having to actually animate anything.
>>
>>322739319
>Theorizing about Zelda when the current team hasn't given zero fucks about the lore for well over a decade is equally as juvenile.

If anything is the other way around, older team didn't care about the "lore", it's the new one that tries to tie stuff together (badly)
>>
>>322745926
This.

A Link to the Past is sort of vaguely, possibly connected to Zelda 1 and 2 but only in the most general terms. Ocarina of Time is a prequel to Link to the Past, but they connect in ways that don't entirely make sense.

It's only with Wind Waker and beyond that they've actually started to try and connect things in some logical way.
>>
>>322747801
Oracles.
>>
File: zjapbatch4ign.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
zjapbatch4ign.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
Le bump. Kek
>>
Ever notice how the people who say Zelda games aren't connected feel the need to keep saying it in every thread?

Truth doesn't have to be repeated. Lies do because it shows how hard you're trying to convince yourself to believe it.
>>
>>322751164
It's called trolling anon. Nobody really believes that Zelda games aren't connected.
>>
>>322751164
Zelda games are connected, but not all that tightely. All these assumptions made in these threads? The devs most certainly have never thought that far into them.

Zelda games need to be (mostly) independent from each other because plot can get in the middle of new gameplay ideas.
>>
>>322752039
>all these assumptions

Example? You're strawmanning. Which is never a good indicator that you're right either.
>>
>>322742015
Really hoping we get a fully fleshed out Gerudo society in Zelda U. They haven't been around since MM (and like 2 minutes in FSA).
>>
>>322748169
Even those don't make sense in how they're supposed to connect to Alttp (Twinrova was dead in that timeline) or Zelda 1 with how Ganon came back. ALBW only confuses things further.
>>
>>322753431
>Twinrova was dead
They only died in the adult timeline. There are only two timelines. These divided at the end of Ocarina of Time when Zelda sent Link back in time, spurning an alternate universe where the events of Ganon's insurrection was foiled. This leads to TP and subsequently the Imprisoning War and ALttP. So on..

Didn't you play the games?
>>
>>322753842
ALTTP is in a time where all the Adult events in OOT took place, I.E. Twinrova fight.
>>
>>322755004
No. Where is the in-game proof?
>>
File: Zelda_Hylian_Shield_Large.jpg (116 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_Hylian_Shield_Large.jpg
116 KB, 800x440
what part of the triforce is this piece?
>>
Is the guard who wants the Pikachu mask in OoT a man or a woman?
>>
>>322756781
Triforce of Canon. Whosoever wields its power will not be deceived by the Hyrule Historia.
>>
Ever since Hyrule Historia came out, I hate discussing Zelda lore.

It's not interesting anymore ever since Nintendo dropped an "official" timeline into the mix. It was more fun before.
>>
>>322758675
Never mind that it has to waste the time of the devs to try and pigeonhole the games into something that almost seems random when they respond.

>Hyrule Warriors? I guess it's not canon!
>Triforce Heroes? Uhhhh it's CANON, sequel to Link Between Worlds, same Link!
>>
>>322759009
It's really retarded.

I believe in the book they even mention that the timeline shouldn't be taken as hard truth; maybe even like their own theory and not necessarily canon.

I have the book here so I'll try to find that.
>>
>>322759776
And if that's the case, I guess the problem I have with it is that now fan theorists also have to force their theories to fit around Nintendo's timeline that they pulled out of their asses. It really just devalues the entire thing.
>>
>>322759776
>>322759897

It seems to acknowledge that while this is the best thing they can come up with, it's still something that they're coming up with and can change depending on new information or perspectives. I wish this would be emphasized more so that people don't feel the need to adhere to it so strictly:

page 68:

>"This chronicle merely collects information that is believed to be true at this time, and there are many obscured and unanswered secrets that still lie within the tale. As the stories and storytellers of Hyrule change, so, too, does its history. Hyrule's history is a continuously woven tapestry of events. Changes that seem inconsequential, disregarded without even a shrug, could evolve at some point to hatch new legends and, perhaps, change this tapestry of history itself."
>>
>>322735325
wait wasn't the hero's shade the hero of time?
>>
>>322761763
If it wasn't blatantly obvious in TP, Hyrule Historia flat out confirms it.
>>
>>322740352
It's possible that the skull kid in OoT/MM and TP are the same person.

We know the skull kid in MM is already considered to be ancient, and that he's capable of travelling between hyrule and termina whenever he wants. He could have just chosen to go back to hyrule sometime after MM
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.