[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 2022 and Rockstar wants you to make GTA 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
File: gta_6_fake.jpg (62 KB, 700x399) Image search: [Google]
gta_6_fake.jpg
62 KB, 700x399
You have a virtually unlimited budget due to the insane success of gta 6 and they want you to make something TRULY game changing. How do you do it?

Note that the computing technology is leagues ahead from now meaning it can handle things not even quad SLI titans can.
>>
>>322725535
>2022
GTA VI still not on PC
>>
File: 1450513369564.jpg (468 KB, 1184x1046) Image search: [Google]
1450513369564.jpg
468 KB, 1184x1046
GTA set in a real vertical Blade Runner style city with flying cars and all of that good cyberpunk shit

Lots of humour in the in game ads with them being super over the top seeing as how R* loves to rip on that kind of thing and having silly names for crime like HIGH VELOCITY MURDER HOMICIDE
>>
>>322725535
recreate the whole solar system
>>
File: 1418800606837.png (755 KB, 623x642) Image search: [Google]
1418800606837.png
755 KB, 623x642
>GTA7
>Still no Bully 2
>>
No last Gen ports first of all.
Must use the LA Noire facial animation.

GTA 2 setting with 3 cities like San Andreas and some wilderness .

Main focus on the game and not Shark Cards.

You can host your own single player game with up to 50 other players and go through different chapters in the story.
>>
>A huge gameworld with Liberty City, Vice City, Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas.
>90% of the buildings are enterable
>Hundreds of real life weapon, /k/ as fuck weapon modding.
>3 main characters, can't change between characters as you like
I don't really have anything about a story right now
>>
Technology to play the games is going to surpass the tech used to make them. The publishers are going to start bottlenecking themselves with the length of time it will take to develop better looking games. Right now developers are constantly trying to utilize all gpu and processor resources, getting lazier with optimizations with the passing of evwry calendar year. Meanwhile the processing components are trying to utilize less electricity for more performance.

We are going to be running future games on 16gb HBM3 vram cards clocked at 3,700mhz core and producing meh quality at 8K resolutions.
>>
>>322730462

what does any of that mean in normie terms. full control of software and cheat mechanisms in the game?
>>
>>322732090
>can't change between characters as you like
Unless the main quest is completed, right? RIGHT?
>>
>>322725535
You play as a woman
>>
>>322732090
>can't change between characters

So you play through it like Medal Of Honor?
>>
>>322725535
1 MC
1 city but life sized so say the entire Philadelphia urban area, which is abput 1800sq miles
Maximum detail everywhere
Can enter every building but police will come after you if you enter houses
Preset population of a few millions
50 hour long over the top absurd story
>>
I just want a bongland GTA that feels like it was directed by Guy Ritchie
>>
>>322733260
This actually sounds pretty good
>>
>>322733440
You know red dead had lots of western movie references and design cues. I would only imagine that a Yuro GTA would feel very much like a Guy Ritchie film.
>>
You play as an intergalactic space pirate gangster who grand theft autos warp capable space ships.
>>
File: Pusher.jpg (796 KB, 2556x3156) Image search: [Google]
Pusher.jpg
796 KB, 2556x3156
I set it in Denmark and make it like the Pusher films and Flickering Lights, right down to the social-realism cinematography and dry dark humor.

Instant GOTY
>>
>>322733086
I hope she's thick.

I seriously just want a new GTA 2. That game was light hearted in terms of game play before the game got all edgy and cinematic.
>>
I have GTA recreate the Australian/American war and show how the covert actions of your character prevented the shitposting Aussies from taking over America

Set in multiple cities, mainly GTA version of Washington.
>>
>>322733440
By bongland you mean london right? Honestly can't think of a worse location.
>>
I'd set it in England and have the map like San Andreas. So the main city and starting point would be London, there would be several countryside small towns/villages and lots of open farmland, and maybe two other "northern" towns with a different feel, maybe make one of them Scottish or something.
>>
>>322735169
Don't worry it's just your opinion is shit
>>
>>322735497
You must not live in Britain then. Everyone knows how much of a shit hole London is with literally nothing interesting.
>>
>>322735646

The shithole part is what would make it good.

You have crime rings of every type in London - black gangs, literally every mafia, Muslim elements etc.
>>
Make America and South America on a 1:1 scale, succesfully mixing just cause and gta
>>
>>322735747
You also get that in the majority of the country as well, it's just nobody seems to even know that. Crime isn't just makes GTA, it's what the city contains. And london is just straight up boring.
>>
>>322735527

oh shit
>>
>>322735859

>majority of the country as well

No, only a few - only Birmingham or maybe Manchester have the same and they would be worse settings.
>>
>>322735646
Literalyl nothing interesting? I know this place is full of underage posters who like to say stupid shit but this takes the cake.
>>
The further you get into the game the more things start to get darker and darker until the end of the game there are no jokes there are no pedestrians all the radio frequencies have number stations and the buildings are boarded up. Then the demonic creatures surface
>>
>>322725535

GTA 5th Element.

I'll take my billions now please.
>>
>>322733440
>GTA with no guns
Yeah that'd be so fucking fun, lol.
>>
>>322725535
Make an original setting that isn't boring as shit, for once. Hire new writers, good character designers. completely change the gameplay. Make everything so different than the game's title just wouldn't make sense anymore.

Fuck it, I don't even care if it won't be a GTA and won't appeal to normalfags who still play this garbage.
>>
- multiplayer not controlled by jewstar
- co-op story mode
- unfettered mod support
- stop wasting money of licensing music nobody listens to and just let players make their own stations and instead focus on making funny shit like vcpr, chatterbox, and the tv shows and movies
- less reliance on set pieces
- return of real emergency vehicle missions
- real rampages, not shoot 10 guys while some wacky shit filter distorts the screen
- hideouts and real estate that unlock actual good missions
>>
File: an-angry-mob.png (725 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
an-angry-mob.png
725 KB, 864x576
>>322736282
WHEN IS SIXTH ELEMENT COMING OUT, YOU HACK FRAUDS? I ALREADY 100%'D 5TH ELEMENT LIKE 69 TIMES.
>>
>>322736625

>oh it's this meme again

Gun crime is pretty high in London actually.
>>
>>322737508
>be Britard
>get beheaded
>get shot
>>
>>322736120
how does something like ''london has nothing interesting'' equate to underage? are you fucking retarded? i've been to london at least twice and both times i hated the experience and didn't find anything fascinating.
>>
>>322725535
The whole world
>>
ITT: Fags boil game development into "Have money, make thing." While pretending to have any idea how it all works.
>>
File: 1291323528708[1].jpg (92 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1291323528708[1].jpg
92 KB, 300x300
>>322738303
>i've been to london at least twice
>>
>Vice City
>Buildings enterable, destructable a la Red Faction: guerrilla
>Bullets are as devastating as real bullets
>Can carry as many bullets are you could actually carry in real life.
>Guns take as long to reload as a soldier could reload a gun, including getting the next mag out of his bag/pocket. Making gun fights tactical and intense
>More emphasis on taking guys out with melee/creative ways
>car crashes can kill you/total your car easily
>use of guns attracts heavy police attention
>the more you're arrested, the more fbi will follow your every move from there on out.
>Can bribe police to not watch your house/movements/react lazily to your crimes for a day/hour
>store robberies/bank robberies/civilian muggings early cash generators, easy to pull off, but generate unwanted police attention.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but that's my dream facking game.
>>
>>322736625
In Sleeping Dogs the melee combat was considerably more fun than the gun combat.
>>
>>322737508
Plus the fact that in the country every farm has at least one shotgun, and generally shooting and hunting is a common pastime for all the rich fucks on their estates
>>
>>322733057
Well, sure
>>
File: 1449959137811.gif (157 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1449959137811.gif
157 KB, 700x700
>>322725535
I'd make it a mix of GTA5/MaxPayne3/Midnight LA set in a real city on a 1:2 scale (9th gen consoles should allow it, if at 20 fps) with real weapons and real vehicles corresponding with auto statistics from said area as well as added fun cars/tuners and shit
>>
>>322739112

I grew up in Yorkshire, literally all the kids at school had a fucking gun because they were mostly farmer children - one kid was the son of the national shooting chairman or something.
>>
>>322735119
that's what i want, a thick, dumb woman. rockstar doesn't idealize its characters so it'd be fun
>>
>>322738303
You being a shit eating edgy 12 year old doesn't mean London doesn't have anything fascinating in it.
>>
>>322733260
imagine the time it would take to create a game city that size and with that detail

enjoy your 2167 release of GTA VII
>>
It would start of as a relatively standard GTA game, a somewhat humorous gangster story with the usual assortment of quirky, over the top characters and heavyhanded satire. Halfway through the protagonist would have to do some work for a super rich business tycoon or a powerful politician, still standard GTA fare. At this point the protagonist would find evidence that the man he's working for is part of a secret society implied to be incredibly big and powerful. At this point I'd introduce some elements of mystery and horror into the game while still keeping the humor of the series intact. But there should be a constant feeling of paranoia and uneasiness. The player would witness some very morbid rituals, depicting extreme violence and rape. Supernatural elements are implied but never outright confirmed Think something along the lines of the movie Eyes Wide Shut.

It'd be an interesting theme to tackle and not something you usually see in video games. Not sure where it would be set. I'm kinda thinking New Orleans.
>>
>>322738805
>wanting Grand Theft Auto: Real Life Edition
Why not just make a completely new IP if you're going to stray that far away from the core series?
I like your ideas by they don't really fit with GTA
>inb4 >implying GTA is supposed to be whacky lel so random hijinks
>>
>>322739568
>supernatural elements are implied but never outright confirmed

So like other GTA games before 5?
>>
one word, KILLABLEKIDS!
>>
>>322739867
Yup, kinda. But actually making implied occultism an element of the story.
>>
>>322733440
>GTA Glasgow
come on you know it'd be fucking class
>>
More than one city.
>>
>>322739975
I wanted them to do that for a while actually
>>
>>322725535
all building are enterable with no skim on the details
>>
>>322733440
>lock stock, the game

Plis yes

Only downside is that brits drive on the fucking wrong side of the road but I could deal with it just like I dealt in sleeping dogs
>>
>>322740053
I rather have one large city than several smaller
>>
File: oculus_2776264b.jpg (28 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
oculus_2776264b.jpg
28 KB, 620x387
>>322727710
This plus full vr support.
>>
>>322725535
Feature the 3 main cities from the series
Most buildings have mapped out interiors
Increased environmental destructiveness
Tons of TECHNOLOGY and little details
Some type of Assassin's Creed gang management

Not trying to re-invent the wheel, just make a sold game.
>>
>New Orleans
>two characters; police officer and criminal
>police officer's story leads him down a path of corruption, with him leaving the force and going underground as a thug
>criminal has the opposite journey and becomes a rookie on the force
>post story gameplay is both characters advancing in the ranks by doing sidequests (beat patrols, robberies etc)
>the side quests grow as you do. The former cop goes from robbing liquor stores to hitting banks. criminal turned cop goes from chasing down speeding cars to investigating murders
>final secret missions have the now detective chasing the now big time bank robber
>have to choose between whether the robber kills the cop and escapes or the cop arrests the robber

I just want to play bad lieutenant and an actually good version of GTAV's heist stuff.
>>
>>322740535

I should note the criminal turned cop fakes his death and creates a new identity to escape his criminal life and join the force, since convicted criminals cant be cops.
>>
Some boring ass cunt tree town where everyone plays duck cunt in the forest and all of the motivational speakers spout hard work maymays and some houses are miles of crops apart and you can soak in the shitty atmosphere we call Iowa. All houses are fully interior designed and advanced gameplay functionalities allow you to microwave a burrito and shove it up my mom's clogged asshole. Speaking of which, my microwave isn't working, the relay broke, do any of you happen to work at Whirlpool?
>>
>>322740535
>Grand Theft Auto: The Departed: The Game
>>
>>322740535
>>322741169

Yeah sure why not. I'd play that.
>>
>>322740535
well well somebody just watched infernal affiars huh?
>>
>>322741446
Nigga its a good movie
>>
>>322725535
>2022
>make the game like GTA V except smaller and with less features
>make the "groundbreaking" decision to sell the multiplayer in subscription based form
>be the first game to let you buy and play the DLC ahead of the game actually being released
raking in at least $300 per customer GTA goes from billions to triple digit billions.
>>
>>322739867
Where are you getting this from? Ile as there actually anything supernatural in the previous games?
>>
>>322742465
just implied m8, but in gta5 there is an actual ghost rendered as well as aliens
>>
I know it will never happen, but I would love to see a heavily stylized GTA. Maybe cel shaded, I've heard people saying a GTA that imitated the artstyle promo, it would be great. Maybe something like lowpoly but high textures, those look great.

Also a sequel to Chinatown Wars would be nice. Make it twin stick shooter style. Just another top down game with greatly enhanced controls really. Maybe make it a small, $20-30 game that is downloadable only if the risk is too great.
>>
File: 1344555637785.jpg (90 KB, 496x620) Image search: [Google]
1344555637785.jpg
90 KB, 496x620
>develop a huge world with destructible environment and as realistic physics and biology as possible (fire spreads, wounds and violence have realistic effects on people, clothes can be removed/destroyed, you can combine chemicals to make shit)
>include the moon as you could steal spaceshuttles and fly there
>team up with Oculus team to develop a skin tight virtual suit (you get shot it bends rapidly towards you, you touch a wall it stiffs so you can's reach your arm further and it puts a pressure to your palm according to wall texture)
>there's a version that has a wrapping for your dick
>you get a full violence/rape/punch simulator.
>budget: $5bn
>profit: 3x that, literally everyone would live it's fantasies through it

Of course, the suit won't puncture your skin, you'd get just a slight kick on a certain spot and feminist outrage will be 1000/10 because women would become useless with all the pedestrians and strippers you could fuck
>>
>>322742893
> Maybe cel shaded, I've heard people saying a GTA that imitated the artstyle promo

VC remake with promo artstyle plis
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.