[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LBX Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: LBX box.jpg (113 KB, 640x586) Image search: [Google]
LBX box.jpg
113 KB, 640x586
Can we talk about this game? It's not the best mecha game out there, but it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>322721151
If you want good discussion of mecha games, try /m/. /v/ hates fun.
>>
It was okay
Quite a bit of content, but the gameplay was annoying with how you had to wait for the enemy to get back up and their invulnerability to wear off before you can damage them again
>>
>>322721470
>gameplay was annoying with how you had to wait for the enemy to get back up and their invulnerability to wear off before you can damage them again
This right here.
>>
>>322721470
>>322721151
any multiplayer on this? me and my roomies were looking at it like 6 monthes ago but we don't really know shit about it
>>
>>322721527
I think there's local multiplayer but i'm not sure
>>
>>322721470
>>322721515
Yeah, that and the Tension Meter annoyed the hell out of me. I'd prefer if there was a way to increase it or reduce its consumption.

>>322721527
>>322721590
No online play, unfortunately.
>>
>>322722391
>>322721590
I'm totally cool with just local play, so can you actually customize all of your Mechas?
>>
File: core unit screen.jpg (103 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
core unit screen.jpg
103 KB, 400x480
>>322722779
Yes. The customization in LBX is pretty detailed. You got a selection of model sets, a variety of weapons, and the Core Unit thing in pic related. You can customize your LBX to center it around a particular weapon or build. Like a fast brawler with low LP but a shitton of BP, or a tanky sniper that can build up the C-Gage, or a well-rounded lancer with lots of Special Attack Routines.
>>
>>322722779
Do you recall the bonus system for Virtua Quest on the gamecube?
>>
File: LBXWCC.jpg (92 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
LBXWCC.jpg
92 KB, 500x458
LBXW localization when?
>>
File: 1437032710204.jpg (15 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1437032710204.jpg
15 KB, 318x318
>>322721470
You forgot to mention all the scripted battles. Fucking Catacombs Contests felt like I wasn't even playing it for the most part
>>
File: office guy.jpg (5 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
office guy.jpg
5 KB, 224x225
>>322724672
Fucking this.

I fucked up getting the Breaking Blow to most of the bosses because of this shit. Hanz' boss fight is the worst example of this since there's no warning and chances are you're gonna try and finish him with a SAR anyway. I had to die against him just to finish it.
>>
>>322722391
If I recall there's a one-handed gun SAR that gives you unlimited Tension and ammo for a while called Zero Reload or something, and you can swap to a melee weapon while it lasts and still have the unlimited Tension, but that may have been in W.

W also addresses the issue with knockdown invulnerability.
>>
File: little battlers experience.jpg (429 KB, 836x1064) Image search: [Google]
little battlers experience.jpg
429 KB, 836x1064
>>322725821
I don't use 1-Handed guns much, I just have them as a sub-weapon for Amy. But there is one SAR called Instant Reload. I'm sure it's the same one but I've never used it. I'll give it a try though.

>>322724417
Hopefully we'll get it. LBX isn't too popular but it's got the potential to get popular. Coming out at the same time as Yo-Kai Watch was a bad move.
>>
It's repetitive as fuck, i kinda liked the plot and how they explain why potentially harmful toys had to be pulled until they had armored cardboard, even though they dont bother rationalizing how potentially deadly machines with enough firepower to kill people are still being sold to children.
>>
>>322721470
I figured that was the game's way of telling you to air juggle enemies, but that ends up favoring certain weapons over others. Spears are seriously OP if you do the jumping thrust that air juggles.

Also fuck getting those cards and part drops, I ended up looking through the RAM and figuring out an ARcode to unlock all cards. There's 418 of them, ain't nobody got time for that shit.
>>
>>322727115
I forget, but I think the game takes place about 3 years after reinforced cardboard came out and LBX becoming mainstream again and that this is just starting to become relevant.

>>322727346
Spears and Fists are the best weapons to air juggle with, and they're both my favorite weapons. Also, what purpose do the cards serve other than for 100% completion's sake?
>>
>>322728103
Some TG part variants can only be gotten by using the cards in the arcade.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.