[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>YFW best locomotion mechanic since Spider-Man 2. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Just_Cause_3_cover_art.jpg (50 KB, 263x348) Image search: [Google]
Just_Cause_3_cover_art.jpg
50 KB, 263x348
>YFW best locomotion mechanic since Spider-Man 2.

I'm mean sure the actual GAME isn't fun, but flying around with the wingsuit/grapple is worth the price of admission by itself.
>>
Gee whiz its like you haven't played the game before this.

Dumbass.
>>
>>322699605

Am I mistaken in thinking JC2 did not have the wingsuit and, essentially, flight?
>>
I wish driving wasn't such donkey shit, but it's fun
>>
>>322699897

Considering JC2 had infinite parachutes + grappling hook, you could pretty much fly right out of the game, and without needing to climb to the top of a mountain first for a wingsuit.
>>
>>322700082

You can grapple off of the ground with the wingsuit and literally fly if you don't suck total shit.
>>
>>322699508
Is this suppose to be a realistic game?
>>
Locking upgrades behind boring ass challenges was such a mistake, I hope the guy whos idea it was gets fucking fired
>>
>>322699508
Tell me, how is a game that lets you say FUCK YOU MISSLE not fun
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 650x497) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 650x497
This is game is fucking fun. Sure, the story is eh but flying around blowing shit up is amazing. Like a successor to Mercenaries This, however, is coming from the only guy on the planet who liked Mercenaries 2 so some say my opinion is shit.
>>
>>322699897

it didn't but if you weren't an idiot you could use the parachute and grapple to more or less fly around.
>>
>>322702250

As realistic as you are smart.
>>
>>322703436

That's so far from the same thing it's kind of absurd. Lazy fucking parachuting =/= haul-ass sustained wingsuit flight dipshit.
>>
>>322703640

gonna fly by and move the goal post anymore? you said "FLY" you didn't say how fast.
>>
I loved JC2 (and its MP), so I was hyped for this. Even still, I wound up spending way more time (~180 hrs) playing this than I thought.

My only real complaint was driving.

But now that MP is going to be a thing again, I'm even more happy with my purchase.

>>322703436
See >>322703640

The wingsuit is way faster once you learn how to not smack your face into the ground.

>>322703787
He's right though. Parachuting is not flying. It's floating. Even with the grapple.
>>
>>322702576
Hey know what people love? Tedious and annoying 'challenge' modes.

Lets lock all of the power ups and improvements behind a system of side activities!

Also... lets have like a 15s wait between retries, people also love waiting on the game to reload.
>>
File: 1434216476910.jpg (45 KB, 594x501) Image search: [Google]
1434216476910.jpg
45 KB, 594x501
>>322699508
>I'm mean sure the actual GAME isn't fun

Are we playing the same game?
>>
>>322704357

I'm talking about the missions, I'm not having a lot of fun with the tasks you are actually required to perform to progress in the game. Everything else is rad.
>>
>>322704521
Oh, fair enough. Admittedly, the tether challenges are fucking garbage, too.
>>
>>322704521
I thought the missions were definitely a step up from JC2. Maybe. I don't remember really. Story didn't seem as campy, which could be taken either way given the series.

Overall I think I liked the aesthetics of Panau better than Medici though.
>>
>>322704521
The missions are great
>>
>>322704039
how the FUCK have you played this for 180 hours already?
>>
>>322709143
Some of that was leaving the game running, so probably about 160. I just tried to space it out because I know they aren't super deep games... do a mission, liberate a few towns, do a few challenges, repeat.

That said, once the missions were done, I mostly stopped playing. Will pick it up again when the MP is out.

I guess I just like Just Cause.
>>
>>322709953
>this fucking guy

you make it sound like 160 hours is "just a couple of missions" lol.

"yeah game is okay..nothing special...put 5000 hours into it, not much replayability imo"
>>
>>322711095
Naw mang, that's not what I meant. I'm the dude that's been practically sucking the game's dick all thread. I was just trying to say I spaced shit out. You can easily blow through the missions in a fraction of that time.

But like a lot of sandbox games, it's about how much of your own creativity you can invest in dicking around.

I personally just like flying/parachuting around, but getting creative with the destruction is fun too. The tether upgrades in this one are awesome. I think there were similar mods in 2, but having it out of the box is nice.
>>
>>322700079
By FAR the worst part of the game, and the bikes.
my god, its the worst in any game i've played.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.