[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOU MAY ASK WHO WAS WEARING THE BOLO TIE? ME OR THE SHARK? ANSWER: YES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (707 KB, 1019x1132) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
707 KB, 1019x1132
YOU MAY ASK WHO WAS WEARING THE BOLO TIE? ME OR THE SHARK? ANSWER: YES
>>
>>322695293
I didn't mind the meme humor and even I find this guy cringy. I guess this must be a video game cringe thread
>>
He had such potential to just be a straight up Hogan parody and they went and blew it on le random XD humour
>>
I actually liked Mr Torgue
>>
>>322696534
I thought he was pretty good, still less cringey that Tina.
>>
He was decent most of the time, some of his lines kinda ruin it though. Like OP's quote.

Same with Jack unfortunately.
>>
>>322698005
>Same with Jack unfortunately.
I thought Jack was alright up until the Angel event.
Really hoped he'd turn into a villain hell-bent on killing the player, but 3 minutes later, he's paying you to run a quest.
>>
File: tftb7.png (492 KB, 800x725) Image search: [Google]
tftb7.png
492 KB, 800x725
Gearbox needs to fire Cuckthany Burch entirely and only let a few of the pre-sequel people stay on board under close watch and just hire Telltale's people to go BL3.

Tales from the Borderlands was fucking great. Fun story, great action, and comedy was on point and not meme based.
>>
>>322698386
Pretty sure Burch left Gearbox a good while ago.
>>
>>322697239
That was their only form of humor. Literally every character was SO RANDUM.
>>
>>322698386
>not meme based
Have any examples? I am curious what its like.
>>
>>322698964
Can't really spit any one liners. It's all mood, off the cuff, and behavioral. There's some fun poking at contemporary language too as far as the few one liners go.

Games easily in my top 3 for best stories of '15.
>>
The only reason /v/ hates him is because they used him to joke about how idiotic the 'friendzone' is and it hurt their virgin fee-fees.
>>
Mr. Torgue was breddy gud in his DLC

IF YOU DON'T BUY TORGUE THEN YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDED
>>
I liked Mister Torgue, because he asked the best question.
Explosions?!
Would play as him in BL3.
>>
>>322700254
to bad its not a game
>>
>>322695293
Why the fuck did he sell his company?
>>
>>322700645
A BL3 where you play as the owners/represenitives from different gun manufacturers would be pretty cool.
They could all have skills relating to their own weapons like Jacobs doing more damage with non elemental weapons or torgue making every weapon cause explosions.
>>
>>322700907
Because it's SO RANDOM XD
>>
>>322701951
A lot of the character trees already reflect the differing gun types.

Besides Hyperion is dead now and Atlas is dead (sort of).
>>
>>322701951
In Theory you played as "Jack" in BL1.5.
The things Mister Torgue has got going for him is Huge Buff, Explosions?! and Huge Geek.
Thems the 3 skill trees right there.

>>322702359
Return of Atlas when?
>>
>>322702509
BL3 probably? Rhys is rebuilding it.
>>
>>322702694
It always seemed stupid to me that because Atlas went out of Buissness that all Atlas guns vanished.
It would have MADE SENSE for there to be rare as fuck Atlas guns around and about the place.
>>
TORGUE is great, but that whole friendzone thing in TPS was just cringe worthy
>>
>>322703426
In the context of Mister Torgues established character, him screaming out FRIENDZONED makes alot of sense.
He's a Buff as fuck guy who is actually a huge geek with no friends and is actually really bad at social interaction.
His following SJW rant is still in character with this, as he's now a beta orbiter trying to not seem like a shitter with his new friends.
Hopefully in BL3 he'll come into his own as a cosmic Badass
>>
File: Torgue_Intro_1.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Torgue_Intro_1.jpg
211 KB, 1280x720
I'M HERE TO ASK YOU ONE THING, AND ONE THING ONLY.

EXPLOSIONS?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.