[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Get IDE hard drive with USB converter cable >Format it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1442074356771.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1442074356771.png
13 KB, 418x359
>Get IDE hard drive with USB converter cable
>Format it to NTFS on my PC so it's recognizable
>Try to format the HDD on WinHIIP so it can be recognized on the PS2
>"ERROR ERROR ERROR FUCK YOU NO DRIVES AVAILABLE"
>Format it to Fat32
>Try formatting it on WinHIIP again
>"HURR DURR THERE IS NO PS2 HDD AVAILABLE"
>Google what the fuck is even going on with this shit
>"Have your HDD set to master."
>"Next format the hard drive with WinHIIP"

The PS2 modding scene is a fucking mess. I can't believe I thought this shit would be easy.
>>
>>322688461
Why don't you just emulate?
>>
>>322688675
Emulation makes for a shit experience, fuck off.
>>
>>322688461
>try to get help from /v/
>get this post instead
>>
>>322688795
Ah yes, because the all those experiences you posted in the OP were so awesome.
>>
Have you checked the jumpers on the hard drive, it's probably set to auto which will make it a slave if theres already a master.
>>
>>322689081
I've looked at it and it appears to have already had the jumpers set to master.
>>
>>322689296
Can you give me a make and model?
>>
>>322689545
Maxtor 250GB model:6L250R0

>The selected hard drive does not have a valid PS2 Master Boot Record.
Is the error I get from WinHiip trying to select the drive.
>>
>HD
Is that to store ISOs and play them from there?
I toss them into a shared folder in my computer and play from there using that OPL thing that came with Free McBoot.
Pretty nifty if you have your console near your router/hub and you have the slim model or a network adapter.
>>
>>322690547
I could never figure out how to set this up. I resorted to just burning DVDs instead.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.