[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S TIME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 10
>We are all dying to know what Super Smash Bros creator Masahiro Sakurai is working on next. Sadly we are no closer to finding out, but he has confirmed in the latest edition of Weekly Famitsu that he has already started work on his next project. The news was part of a feature where Japanese creators share their 2016 ambitions and plans. Here’s what Sakurai had to say.

Sora’s Masahiro Sakurai (Super Smash Bros., Kid Icarus, etc.)

>I want to enjoy every day like it’s Sunday. However, that doesn’t mean the next job hasn’t been decided.

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/04/smash-bros-creator-sakurai-confirms-hes-working-on-next-project/
>>
duck hunt reboot, he put them in smash and gave them a redesign just like he did with pit in brawl
>>
I wonder what IP will be revived this time.
>>
After Smash 4 I fear Sakurai working on anything ever again.
>>
>>322688970
As a shooter or as a platformer starring a dog and his duck friend on a run from the hunters?
>>
>>322687408
Kirby's Air Ride 2 pls
with online and tons of new shit
I want to City Trial with /v/
>>
>>322689153
brawl was trash though, worse than smash 4 and KI:U was great

>>322689186
both, kinda like how maury works in rayman legends on wiiu
>>
It's probably just Smash NX since Nintendo knows that shit sells consoles.

Poor Sakurai will never, ever be free from Smash.
>>
>>322689263
>and KI:U was great

I thought so at first too, but going back and playing it again made me realize all it's flaws.
>>
>>322687408
I really hope he moves on from Smash. His original projects are good and smash needs new blood.
>>
Uprising 2 please
>>
>>322689186
A platformer a la Banjo-Kazooie.

The dog's name is Duck, the ducks name is Hunt.
>>
>>322689412
flaws aside it was still great and extremly replayable
>>
>>322689153
Sakurai is good at directing games, just not smash games
>>
>>322689481
not for another 22 years kiddo
>>
>>322689524

I remember that cringeworthy shit.

Why do Smashfags have to ruin everything?

Can't wait to see how they turn Bayonetta into a meme.
>>
>>322689524
Who's Duo? The hunter?
>>
>>322687408
Hopefully a New Kirby Console game.
Fuck off with this Smash Bros. shit already.
>>
Smash 4-2 plz. I need more autism in my life.
>>
Will it be a NINTENDO game?
>>
Ice Climbers 2 because he feels bad cutting it from Smash 4
I actually enjoy Smash 4.
>>
>>322689225

>Kirby Air Ride 2 announced as a launch title for NX
>>
>>322687408
>mfw it's not a Bomberman revival
I want a new 3D Bomberman with online multiplayer
>>
>>322689153
Sakurai does stuff other than Smash, you know. His work outside of that series seems pretty consistently solid.

He just seems to have no idea where to go with Smash anymore and it shows. It's no wonder he doesn't like doing sequels.
>>
>>322690604
yeah sure, just like how Ride 1 was gonna be a GC launch title?
>>
Hopefully it's a RPG, this genre's getting a bit stale and needs some out of the box thinkers.
>>
>>322690836
The problem with Smash is he views it more of a party game where you play as all your favorite characters from different video games. And purist want a actual fighting game.

Basically Sakurai wants Smash to be on the same level as Mario Party while Melee fans want it Street Fighter.
>>
>>322692704
I think the problem is he thinks "party game" automatically has to mean "wacky as fuck, impossible to understand, everything is random, shit is all over the place and you have no control"

Even most of the casuals I see don't like playing on the crazier modes or stages because they can't keep up with what's happening, while those people can deal with Mario Party and Kart just fine. It's possible to have wacky fun in proper moderation without it just feeling like a madhouse.

It just feels like a complete misinterpretation of what people like about games like Mario Party to put in shit like Smash Tour and stage bosses.
>>
>>322691273
He'd probably make something that makes Sticker Star look good.
>>
>>322693585
His design philosophy is almost opposite of Miyamoto's.
>>
>>322693412
Except party games always have that random element to them. Name me one party game that doesn't. Dice rolls, item blocks, ect. those are kind of what makes a party game over something pure skill base.
>>
File: nintendo_duck_hunt_01.jpg (246 KB, 900x560) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_duck_hunt_01.jpg
246 KB, 900x560
>>322688970
It isn't a redesign like Pit's at all, though. It's an updated version of the design he's always had. It just doesn't look the same in-game (in-game Duck Hunt dog is a fat little piece of shit).
>>
>3ds Starfox
>inb4 Fire emblem
>Kirby game
>Takamaru Revived/something like that (IC's/ Duck hunt)

Well this confirms that the next smash will be made after this is finished, and whatever update feb brings will be the last of the patches probably.

I'm hoping for anything that isn't duck hunt, mainly starfox/FE/Classic IP because you know they'll get the smash treatment

Air ride 2 would be nice, but its not likely
>>
>>322689294
>Sakurai knows he'll never be free
>so he constantly tries to make Smash worse to spite Nintendo

Makes sense
>>
>>322693814
The point is there's a difference between the sort of chaos you find in Mario Party and the kind of chaos you find in Smash's crazier settings.

Smash is just inherently more fast-paced and difficult to keep up with, with no time to adjust to what's happening. Mario Party and Kart also just seem more focused on what they want to be, while Smash has tons of elements that seem to get in the way and obscure its core gameplay.
>>
>>322687408
Ice Climbers reboot, please Sakurai.
>>
>>322687408
Reminder that he doesn't like doing sequels. It's the reason he stopped making Kirby games and why he keeps saying he won't do the next Smash.
I just hope it's not a 3DS game. Kid Icarus was good but could've been even better on console. The 3DS is dying anyway so it would be a waste.
>>
>>322694485
I mean I'm just saying that I see the problem with what is happening. People that want a fighting game isn't going to get one because Sakurai doesn't view it as a fighting game. Like
>>322694392
Keeps saying it's getting worse. Personally I had problems with Brawl but I never felt it was bad. And I honestly enjoy Smash 4. One problem I think is happening is that the people that feel Sakurai is ruining Smash are so vocal that anyone that might have a problem just gets put into the same category as Meleefags.
>>
>>322689225
Sakurai quit Hal over Kirby Air ride he hated it, I doubt he'd return to direct a sequel
>>
>>322695049
He quit because he was tired of making sequels, it had nothing to do with Air Ride specifically
>>
>>322695049
He left HAL soon after Iwata left because the new president wouldn't give him the creative freedom he wanted.
>>
If Fire Emblem got another sequel, Kid Icarus should too.

I need more 3D Palutena's palutenas.
>>
>>322690296
I enjoy it as well, it just doesnt compare to melee and 64 imo.
>>
File: 1451372461307.jpg (57 KB, 659x559) Image search: [Google]
1451372461307.jpg
57 KB, 659x559
>>322687408
My next project is... taking over Kirby again!
>>
ICE CLIMBER REBOOT A LA KID ICARUS UPRISING WITH SHITTY ICE PUNS EVERYWHERE
>>
>>322696368
My problem is that I view it as just a giant collection of different video game characters to just mess around with. My cousin and I play the fuck out of it since it came out. He's 6 and most likely never seen Pac-Man or Mega Man but he enjoys playing as them. I never really seen much of a problem with Smash like others. Maybe it's because I never really played much of Melee since I never knew anyone with a GameCube at the time. Hell I see Smash now as a great interdiction to characters people playing it never seen before. Snake in Brawl, Mega Man, Ryu (yes there are people that played Smash but never touched Street Fighter), ect.
>>
>>322696960
I wanted it since the treatment Kid Icarus received. I'd be cool with it.
>>
>>322689412
The only severe flaws I can think of is the retarded difficulty system which encourages casuals to complete the game, but is a total pain in the ass if you want to unlock all the rewards.
>>
KIRBY X FIRE EMBLEM
>>
>>322697001
>My problem is that I view it as just a giant collection of different video game characters to just mess around with.

Well normally the point of smash would be to fight with them, but Sakurai tries his best to stay away from fighting for some reason.

My biggest gripe was the horrendous, lazy, unfocused mess that was the single player mode. Classic mode on Wii U is total ass and All Star is repetitive as sin. And the challenges were a huge let down in comparison to Brawl, Kirby's Air Ride, and KI:U.

But if you just play multiplayer and nothing else, it's an ok game.
>>
>>322697001
Hell I was mad that the Mega Man Legacy collection wasn't on Wii U. Since I wanted to show him the game he enjoys playing without having to buy them off the eShop. Yeah Melee might be tighter on a lot of things but to me as Smash roster been getting more 3rd party characters I been enjoying it much more.
>>
>>322696960
A game about climbing one big mountain, looting items, knocking out and finding a way around hazards, and an optional co-op system. It could be fun.
>>
File: 1451666115367.jpg (295 KB, 850x1611) Image search: [Google]
1451666115367.jpg
295 KB, 850x1611
sakurai already hinted at his next project
>>
>>322697473
Fire Emblem X Kid Icarus
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (23 KB, 620x363) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
23 KB, 620x363
>>322687408
>expecting anything other than anime shit

its like you think he isnt the same person he is and isnt going to do the exact same thing he already did with smash just with something else.

like what do you people expect?
>>
>>322697907
>Hades is actually a good guy.
>>
>>322698032
LOCK IT DOWN
LOCK IT DOWN, NOW
>>
>>322692704

I don't think people want street fighter moreso than depth. Even Mario Kart has some form of depth, while Brawl has very little and Sm4sh even less.

Some people just want some form of reward in putting time into a series you like.
>>
>>322697907

So Sm4sh 2.0?

I'm pretty sure sakurai just said he was sick of KIxFE already.
>>
File: eR4ozPI[1].gif (478 KB, 250x135) Image search: [Google]
eR4ozPI[1].gif
478 KB, 250x135
>>322698032
>>
File: 1438432482629.jpg (494 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1438432482629.jpg
494 KB, 1280x720
>>322697719
>Lucina's vagina reserved for fat Borb dick

I can get behind this.
>>
>>322698459
Maybe. I found there's enough depth in Smash. But once again I view it kind of differently than others.

Also I'm 100% sure Sakurai is done with Smash. At least from the ground up. If anything we will just get 4 ported to NX where they might just continue to add new characters. Maybe even those that are soon coming to the console as a promotion (or just a Mii costume).
>>
new game starring Takamaru
>>
>>322697183
>cool
come on, anon
>>
>>322688970
>The Dog's name is Duck
>The Duck's name is Hunt
>>
File: Metroid_logo.png (85 KB, 436x465) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_logo.png
85 KB, 436x465
Only Sakurai can save this franchise.
>>
>>322688970
>rather than playing as a hunter mercilessly killing ducks, you play as the dog and duck searching for the duck's mother
>>
>>322701483
>implying
Sakurai's only good at making games with short attentions spans. Kirby and Kid Icarus Uprising alike were made to be done in different stages with a variety of attack methods to use and some method of making the game arbitrarily easy for a casual player like him to beat. (Uprising had lower intensity while Kirby had infinite flying) I don't see him making any good contributions to a Metroid game unless it's Federation Force.
>>
>>322701483
Sakamoto is still in charge of Metroid
>>
I hope its more anime and waifus
>>
>>322702194
this desu
>>
File: zlCfzSOWtkMYV5tSrg.jpg (160 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
zlCfzSOWtkMYV5tSrg.jpg
160 KB, 800x450
>>322699939
Hideki Kamiya said he was interested in Murasame the same time he said he was interested in Starfox

I feel like Balloon Fight and Murasame Castle are tied for most likely NES series to be revived, even more so than Ice Climbers.
>>
>>322697001
the issue with Sm4sh isn't with the roster or the gameplay, but the extra features. Over HALF of the stages in this game are ported from Brawl, and all of the singleplayer modes and attractions are complete shit compared to previous games.
>90% of the roster is unlocked from the start
>Break the Targets has been completely gutted
>Classic Mode completely gutted
>All Star Mode has been completely gutted
>Stage Builder is so completely and utterly wrecked that it may as well not exist
>Adventure Mode is MIA
>Subspace mode is MIA
>Board the Platforms is still MIA
>Race to the Finish still MIA

From a casual perspective, this game is vastly inferior to Brawl in terms of things to actually do. I also personally feel that the brand new stages are some of the worst in the series. A decent chunk of them have bosses that completely ruin the fight, the next chunk are just platforms that float around a map. Hell, there isn't even a new scrolling stage!

Apart from MOM, these new stages are pretty bad compared to the unique ideas presented in Pokefloats and Pirate Ship.
>>
File: 1450694817616.png (360 KB, 254x360) Image search: [Google]
1450694817616.png
360 KB, 254x360
What kind of weed to you think Sakurai smokes?
I'm thinking something weaker, so that he at least feels better, but doesn't feel too mentally clouded.
>>
>>322704075
>Stage Builder
Holy shit I seriously forgot this even existed in Smash 4 at all. I was even just playing the game today for the last few hours.

>Hell, there isn't even a new scrolling stage!
3D Land, Dream Land (3DS), and Pac-Land.
>>
Could be a new IP.
>>
>322704549
I'm not counting 3DS since the WiiU is the definitive version (even though 3DS has better stages.). I'll give you Pac-Land, but does anyone ever WANT to play on Pac-Land?
>>
>>322702553
Please do not twit Kamiya on Murasame please. Seriously.
>>
>>322705215
You just said there was no scrolling stages added. And we were talking about all of Smash 4, not just one half of it. And Pac-Land is still a scrolling stage added. I thought the goal post was a bit closer than what you had in mind though.
>>
For fuck sake, Sakurai really needs to hand Smash over
>>
>>322704075
>the issue with Sm4sh isn't with the roster or the gameplay

>or the gameplay

Because Sakurai intentionally putting in shit physics in the name of him saying "every Smash game must play differently" isn't an issue? Even though Smash 4 and Brawl play almost exactly the same and even share the same fucking physics?

I'd say it's a huge problem, son.
>>
>>322687408
Hopes
>Takamaru
>Advance Wars
>Custom Robo
>>
>>322705574
>Advance Wars
Something tells me he's not going to step in for a franchise that still has a creator/dev team that's known for working on it

He picked up Kid Icarus because it was orphaned, had it been a StarFox game he wouldn't have stuck around for it
>>
>>322705318
Blocked
>>
>>322697907
Fire Emblem X Infamous
>>
In a just world, he reconciles/rejoins/whatever form of reconnects with HAL and they make Kirby's Air Ride 2

in an alternative just world, he makes a brand new non-iterative project altogether

i respect his work, but i'd like to see Smash be handed off to someone else
>>
>>322689942
Oh go YES, I want Sakurai to return to Kirby so badly.

But part of me just wants Nintendo to give Sakurai 100$ million and tell him "make whatever game you want senpai".
>>
>>322705574
>Takamaru

Please for the love of god this. Ninja Gaiden like? Zelda like? Who knows
>>
>>322697907
>>322697473
I don't think I need any more Fire Emblem X Anything after the last one.
>>
>>322689412
KI:U isn't that great. I think it's because of the shitty control options and the constant talking over the gameplay.
The different weapons were fun though, and the gameplay was pretty fun most of the time so I guess I can't complain too much.
>>
>>322706380
>>322706618
He doesn't hate Kirby but I don't think he cares to work on it again. I mean he did almost nothing but Kirby for 15 years so I don't blame him. I feel he just wants to just take basically dead IP and do something new with it. Which Ice Climbers works perfectly well.
>>
It's probably going to be a game that's split into stages with a variety of playstyles in terms of attack options with unconventional controls. Also there' going to be some method of making the game easier or harder, and there will no doubt be realistic pictures of food to represent small health pickups.

So Ice Climber probably.
>>
the dude has a knack for stuffing games with meta-content and fills them with stuff i never knew i wanted until then; lots of scattered small but clever ideas

but then goes and completely fucking beefs it on core fundamental gameplay issues, like kid icarus's controls, actual course-based races in kirbys air ride, and smash's base physics and match pacing
>>
>>322707412
>hating the courses in kirby air ride
kill yourself desu.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.