[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ like Gothic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 171sb_Gothic_logo[1].jpg (9 KB, 400x260) Image search: [Google]
171sb_Gothic_logo[1].jpg
9 KB, 400x260
Does /v/ like Gothic?
>>
/v/ HATE GOTHIC. SMASH GAME. GAME BAD GAME BAD
>>
>>322686931
A-a-at least you bumped my thread, thank you
>>
File: 1434042917266.jpg (46 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
1434042917266.jpg
46 KB, 640x638
I tried to like it. I really, really did. But the combat is just so unforgivably bad (both archery and melee, didn't even get around to magic).

I might try giving it another go someday, but there just didn't seem to be enough going story-wise to make me want to slog through awful controls and jilted combat.
>>
>>322688673
I agree that archery is shit, but melee? do you know that you get more moves and combos later?
>>
>>322688991
I (the OP, not him) know that, but I still spam the basic attack because my char tends to lock up while doing anything more sophisticated. Pure STR warrior here, no clue if DEX does anything for me.
>>
>>322689212
you have to time the attacks so the animations chains and you can do the next combo

its not that hard but it's not just spam
>>
File: Old Camp in Chapter 1.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Old Camp in Chapter 1.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>322689329
Yeah I try to do that but it seems more random than anything. Maybe I suck at combat.

Also, is there a reason why the Orc weapons sell for nothing? They're the best 2H I found (and I like 2Hs for the range) in Chapter 3, as I'm typing this post I'm in Chapter 4 and gonna look for an Old Camp vendor.
>>
Gothic 2 is my all time favorite game. I've played trough it countless times.
>>
I actually started playing Gothic today for the first time.

I had a million different issues with the first one in about an hour of trying to play until I just gave up and started Gothic 2.

Really liking it so far. Controls are still pretty wierd but it's just about the only problem I see with the game currently other than not being able to altfuckingtab without fucking up my computer.
>>
/v/ adores Gothic

Do y'all know about:

The DX11 renderer mod for Gothic 2?

That Gothic 3 is decent (and even good by 2015 standards) now with the community patch?

That Risen (only the first game) plays like one of the Gothic series?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNPdkys1Mk
>>
Gothic threads will get more activity if you post them when EU is awake
>>
>>322685216

YES!
>>
>>322690976
>The DX11 renderer mod for Gothic 2?
There's one for G1 as well, actually.
>>
>>322685216
I went and grabbed up G3 2 bux during the steam sale.
>>
File: bosper.jpg (60 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
bosper.jpg
60 KB, 768x576
>>322685216
It's a decent game, does anyone have any ...

SKINS

for it?
>>
Gothic threads are some of the most civilised ones here.
>>
>>322696864
LELLLL llelelLELel U madd!? xDD never ever PCuckz! LMAO le retro pixel indie game with gays and lesbians = GOTY PCcucks r u even tryin LOOOL!? DAE anyone else play le ebin Gothic game??W? 4 edgy gamerz only! 4U! LOL! I le lost the THE GAME
>>
>>322697073
are you okay
>>
>>322697335
I noticed that your thread was too civilized and attempted to correct this.
>>
Gothic and Gothic 2 are solid RPGs. No more, no less.

also, smoke swampweed everyday
>>
>>322697432
oh ok then KEK
>>
File: neoras.jpg (76 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
neoras.jpg
76 KB, 768x576
>>322697524
BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO

BRU
AH
YE
GOO
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.