[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck do I not flip my shit when I play this game and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: Smashbrosstardom_logo.png (309 KB, 1250x600) Image search: [Google]
Smashbrosstardom_logo.png
309 KB, 1250x600
how the fuck do I not flip my shit when I play this game and lose? I suck, I am not afraid to admit that. my win rate is like 42%. When I fucking got JV3'd yesterday one of my gc controllers were smashed (along with my glass table) by my own anger of losing so hard. Anyone know how to deal with his? And has anyone else got this mad?
>>
>>322667362
>chill out anon, it's just a game!
>>
>>322667681
I would accept that if I was good at any other game
but besides CS:GO (only ak something) I am only good at this
>>
>>322667854
just slam your fist on the couch or something. that's what I do
>>
Chill and come play with us in a /v/eekday, anyone up for it? I'll make the thread.
>>
I just get mad when I lose form some cheap shit.
Why the fuck do I get hit when people hit Marth's sword? I don't like winning with cheap shit. I'm having a fun and tense as fuck match, were both at like 120%, and then I win with a footstool. Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>322668671

Yes.
>>
>>322668671
Me.
Make a thread and link it.
>>
When I'm playing against people in games like Sonic & All-Stars Racing or Street Fighter, there'll be spammy tactics but you'll have workarounds for them and decent online/co-op play. It feels reasonable to play against other people and lose, because you feel you're learning from the experience, even if you're essentially hitting your head against a wall.

Smash's online feels different in timing and control lag from offline play - at best you're still reliant on grab/roll combos, at worst there are seconds of controller lag or character stuttering on the field. This results in people picking characters they can easily play with a flow chart of moves, given there's no standard of timing that they can work with to pull off trickier moves. The result can be frustrating because you're rarely learning anything from these matches and they can actively feel unfair. It's the same measure of 'unfair' you face in games like Mario Kart 8 with items, or Splatoon and unco-operative team mates. However there'll be enough 'decent enough' matches that you periodically dive back into Smash because you think you can salvage a good playing experience, and you get frustrated and leave each time.
>>
File: 1445286888857.gif (804 KB, 330x300) Image search: [Google]
1445286888857.gif
804 KB, 330x300
I know this feel, but only under two specific circumstances:

1. The player is at equal skill to mine, but I still keep losing for reasons out of my control.

>I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I KEEP LOSING FFS! IT'S NOT FAAAAAAIIIR

2. Somebody who's shitter than me wins, then like a little turd, quits before I get to fight them again. This one really grinds me.

>COME BACK YOU LITTLE SCROTUM. COME BACK SO I CAN SHOW YOU I'M BETTER.

Bonus: When someone leagues and leagues above you in skill (I have a 58.00% win rate so it's not hugely common) kills you and then TAUNTS about it. I don't mind getting thrashed by someone who's twice as good as me, I've been raised to act modest about my victories in life, so this one hits me quite personally. I know it's a really faggoty thing to be mad about but it still makes me angry. People need to learn more manners
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 340x340
>no gf
>few friends if any
>gets so mad due to lack of sex and fulfillment that he breaks a table

ITT fags
>>
smash is a game you're supposed to have funny hijinks with friends with, not rage at
>>
File: 1430443073076.png (149 KB, 237x331) Image search: [Google]
1430443073076.png
149 KB, 237x331
>>322667362
Smash is not a game you will ever perform at if you are angry.

Unless you can keep a cool head you will continue to lose.

>>322671638
I actually just started going to tourneys and playing competitively so to lose to someone doing FG bullshit, like rolling, never shielding, always using smash attacks I get salty as fuck.

But the only person I can blame is myself.
I find it easier to read god damn competitive players than semi-competent FG scrubs.

Now that I go to tourney I feel disgusted with myself for losing to someone I know isn't as good.

I'll have to learn to adapt to even the most absurd playstyles.
>>
>>322667362
>my win rate is like 42%
Get some self control. My win rate is like 20%.
>>
>>322667362
I bet you're the kind of person that keeps rematching until he wins once, and then leaves.

What you should be doing is taking loses with humility. Whatever if they taunt after every kill, or teabag. You're playing into their mindgame, which is to get you mad. Study your losses. Learn from them.

I learned that you can counter roll spamming with perfect pivots. If they are on the other side of the edge, and you know they're gonna roll, just smash in the direction they're gonna roll. It's called a hard read.

What characters do you play? You should have at least one high tier character under your belt. At least a B teir. I main Ryu so if i don't get the chance to combo, at least i can make mix ups out my ass.

My biggest suggestion is to just chill for a bit if you are tilting, maybe watch some replays off the replay channel. I've learned some tech from stuff like that.
>>
File: IMG_650981778755152.jpg (34 KB, 640x703) Image search: [Google]
IMG_650981778755152.jpg
34 KB, 640x703
Just play Melee instead
>>
>>322673175
No mewtwo buff, no play.
>>
>>322673175
>space furry: the game

No thanks.

Call me when you can play as Pac-Man
>>
>>322672261

>I find it easier to read god damn competitive players than semi-competent FG scrubs.

I too feel that same feel. let us feel in total harmony, brother
>>
File: youdied.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
youdied.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.