[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the 360 controller still the standard for compatible games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (28 KB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
28 KB, 425x239
Is the 360 controller still the standard for compatible games on the PC? Are there any advantages for using the xbone controller yet? I'm in need of something better than my 3rd party ps3 gamepad.
>>
the 360 controller is still just fine. you can get those bluetooth adapters from ebay/amazon for like $5
>>
>>322658520
Aren't those the ones that take a month to ship from China and break easily? How good is the official adapter?
>>
>not getting the wired one
>>
>>322659051
It doesn't have to be wireless. But what about the other questions?
>>
>>322658434
>Are there any advantages for using the xbone controller yet?
The d-pad on the xbone controller is better than the one on the 360 controller. That's all I can think of.
>>
>>322658434
The Xbox 360 controller is great, but I now prefer my Xbone controller that I got recently.
>>
I'm gonna samefag the xbone controller. Max comfort and a great d-pad. I use wired though, am looking into the wireless adapter.
>>
Take the Xbone one. I upgraded recently and damn, the new one is so good.
Also, you can just plug it in USB with any regular micro usb to USB cable, and it won't need any batteries as it's powered by the computer.
>>
File: 1436623024463.jpg (81 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1436623024463.jpg
81 KB, 500x334
Why not the PC controller made by a PC company guys?

Steam controller. OooOoooo
>>
The xbone controller is 100% improved from the 360 controller
Sure, the 360 controller works, but the Xbone is better in every single way
>>
the 360 controller is still good but the xbone one is maximum comfy. either way, they're both the best controllers you can use on pc

>>322660081
steam controller is weird
>>
>>322660081
I considered it, but I'm not sold on the track pads.
>>
>>322660081
Good for PC games from the couch.
Bad for console ports and controller focused games.
>>
>>322658520
problem being xbox controllers use a proprietary wireless connection, no bluetooth.
you'll have to pay for m$ dongle
>>
>>322658434
Might as well get the Xbone gamepad. It's superior in every way and now you can get the PC receiver for wireless gameplay, or just use the USB charging cable for it for wired (which you can't do with 360 gamepad).

>>322658520
>you can get those bluetooth adapters from ebay/amazon for like $5
The 360 controller is not the regular bluetooth. It's proprietary encrypted so you need a "microsoft" wireless receiver, but you can buy 3rd party ones for less than $10 on eBay anyway.
>>
>>322658434
Buy a £2 mini USB cable or just use your phone charger cable to plug an xbone controller into your PC. Ez,
>>
Xbone controller only works wirelessly with windows 10. That was a deal breaker for me. Been doing research to find a controller with the layout of a 360 but with a good dpad.
>>
>>322658434
Xbone can be wired via micro usb to play on pc

Xbox 360 needs to be wired version

Both have their own adaptors needed to play wireless on PC, just get the xbone and use micro usb
>>
>>322658434
Xbone has arguably better ergonomics but that's about it. D-Pad on the Xbone controller isn't that good as you still can't do diagonals.
>>
>>322660081
Microsoft has more knowledge about pc and hardware than valve, because they made windows and fucking xbox.

I rather trust Microsoft than valve
Also xbone controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>steam controller
>>
>>322662412
Wrong, you can plug it in with a micro usb cable.
>>
>>322662412
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/11/9891710/xbox-one-controller-pc-adapter-windows-7-8
>>
>>322662412
Not true. I have Windows 7 and the wireless adapter works perfectly with it.
>>
>>322663459
I stand corrected apparently they added support looks like xbone controller here i come
>>
>>322658434

Buy the Wireless 360 Controller for Windows. It comes with the official adapter and it's cheap at $40 or less.
>>
Xbone controller is better, loads of people still use 360 controller though because they've had them for years the the difference isn't that big. 360 Controllers cheap now though, so it wouldn't be a bad decision to buy one anyway and save money vs the xbone one.
>>
the XB1 dpad is far better. how do you fags not know this by now?
>>
>>322664506
For browsing the inventory maybe. You're not going to play any fighting games on it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.