[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Secret World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Secret_World.jpg (713 KB, 300x424) Image search: [Google]
Secret_World.jpg
713 KB, 300x424
bought this a few days ago during the steam sale. Did I make a mistake? Besides obligatory shit posting how does /v/ feel about this game?
>>
yes you made a mistake
>>
Why do you ask here instead of playing it to find out?
>>
It's actually great. I bought it long after the peak, about 6 months ago. Couldn't play it because of other commitments but as far as MMOs goes today, this is by far the best. Except maybe the private server of Warhammer Online.
>>
File: lumie_by_pumpernicky-d8s3ccn[1].jpg (733 KB, 1604x937) Image search: [Google]
lumie_by_pumpernicky-d8s3ccn[1].jpg
733 KB, 1604x937
Only MMO I played so I don't know how it rates as one, but the investigation missions in Maine are really something else.

Also, go Lumi or go home.
>>
Folks say the story is good, but the gameplay is boring.

I tried it, got near the end of Solomon Island and set it down. Was pretty boring not really running into any other players.
>>
File: Typical_4chan_poster.jpg (118 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Typical_4chan_poster.jpg
118 KB, 1920x1080
Personally I fucking love the game.
Combat is meh, but really, it's rather just your standard MMO combat than the utter shit a lot of people claim it to be.
Don't forget to
/chat join Sanctuary
/chat join vidya

Templar strong!
>>
>>322657118
>Was pretty boring not really running into any other players.
That was a deliberate design choice. The game creates a new instance for like every 10 players in a zone because they don't too many people running around ruining the atmosphere.
>>
>>322657118
I'd say the main story isn't even that good and it doesn't get a proper ending in the vanilla, but the overall writing is GOAT.
>>
>>322657638
>doesn't get a proper ending in the vanilla,
Well it's still an MMO after all.
>>
File: Hedraios-2015-05-07-23-55-56.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hedraios-2015-05-07-23-55-56.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
>>322657040
>Also, go Lumi or go home.
Remember that Smurfs and Dragons will NEVER EVER get the Jade Mouser pet from the first Halloween event.

Bingo Bango Bongo I bet we're going to the Congo oh no no no no
>>
How are you supposed to git gud at Tokyo? I get it's because of the AEGIS more than anything else, but it's pretty fucking hard to level it up
>>
Fuck me, I actually wanted to get this but forgot. How much did it cost during the sale?
>>
>>322658567
You just need good gear, that's it.
>>
did you make a mistake? eh, maybe.

there's like 5 people total working on the game, and all they do is create "new" content instead of fixing core issues of the game. not because they don't want to fix shit, but because they can't, like literally can't fix it because the guys that coded that shit years ago has long vanished from the company and the guys working on it now do not understand what's causing all the problems. There was some weird bug/glitch in the game a year ago and I remember a developer said he was trying to reach the previous guy that worked on that segment in the game for a possible fix, but he had been unable to do so. Top kek, that's funcom for you.

the combat is absolute ASS. even moving your character feels like shit.

good quests tho, memorable characters with excellent voice acting and the lore and setting is unparalleled.
>>
File: 1430519629450.jpg (64 KB, 519x519) Image search: [Google]
1430519629450.jpg
64 KB, 519x519
>poorfag student
>want to play TSW
>my shit computer can't run it
>by the time I get a decent pc the game and community will be dead and I won't be able to experience it
JUST
>>
>>322660998
>the game and community will be dead
Game already came out 4 years ago, m8. It won't get much worse.
>>
there's line 5 and a half anons (including me) on the entire board who will defentd this amazing piece of shit game
>>
>>322661201
Yeah unless Funcom itself kicks the bucket I don't see them turning off the servers. I mean Anarchy Online and even Age of Conan are still running....
>>
>>322661451
Do AO and AoC have unofficial servers?
>>
File: tsw06.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tsw06.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Who wants to try the game guyims? You'll have 5 days since once you create the character and start playing, more than enough to make an opinion.
post emails
>>
>>322656603
Interesting game, lore, story and has neat gameplay mechanics like puzzles and ingame internet. However, the main focus of the game, combat is absolute shit-tier. The animation is also shit.
>>
I also bought it during the sale and I'm enjoying it so far. Investigation missions are great. Combat is pretty meh. I haven't attempted any dungeons so far, so I don't know how those are
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.