[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else having trouble finding a good shooter they actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1443641708012.jpg (33 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
1443641708012.jpg
33 KB, 350x464
Anyone else having trouble finding a good shooter they actually enjoy playing?

Battlefield is too much of a twitch shooter, and ARMA is good but is too complicated to play casually. Sure, sometimes I like to use voip and work with my squad, but most of the time I just want to sit bit, relax and have a bit of fun slowly sneaking around the map finding good shooting positions while I listen to an interesting podcast.

Isn't there a good middle ground that's less twich shooter than Battlefield, but less complex than ARMA?

Insurgency is great but it's too linear and the checkpoint system means you cant zone out and listen to a podcast, it requires your full attention.

Maybe I'll try Squad when it's on sale. I'm not paying $40 for an early access game.
>>
There's always TF2.
>>
>>322650505
bf4 is the only thing worth playing on the market imho
>>
>>322650606
Usually prefer shooters with more life like aesthetics and aim down sight. I do love my arena shooters like Quake and Unreal tournament, but only when playing with IRL friends.

Verdun is pretty great but it has a similar pacing to Insurgency, so not really the relaxed experience I'm looking for.
>>
>>322650606
whenever i play tf2 i just spend the entire game getting killed in one shot, where as i can be spraying fuckers as a scout to the back or lighting people on fire and they never die.

what is this sorcery?
>>
>>322650505
Try Rainbow Six Siege, surprisingly solid game for what it is. Already sunk 30 hours into it despite not being that big into shooters anymore. Especially mutiplayer focused ones.
>>
Siege is pretty fun
>>
>>322650928
bf4 has a grand total of 3 Aussie servers atm. I agree bf4 is pretty great, so I don't know why it seems so dead.

I just wish it was early the mid 2000s again and I was still playing halo multiplayer. Playing shooters with a gamepad didn't even bother me then. Now I find console shooters unplayable. It was a simpler time.
>>
File: AW.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
AW.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Gotham City Impostors
Battlefront II
CoD 4 / AW
Arma
GTAO
Hawken
H1Z1 / BR

What ever happened to Loadout?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208090/
>>
>>322651171
aim
>>
>>322651252
Good suggestions. I've watched a bit of gameplay footage and it looks pretty great. The squad based tactical gameplay seems like heaps of fun with good teammates.

I'll pick it up when it's more reasonably priced. Atm can't justify paying the asking price when you can get Insurgency for $5, though I already have that.

I don't even know if the kind of game I'm asking for exists. I've always sucked at sniping, but I really enjoy it despite that. I'd love to have a game where I can just pick a spot and snipe while listening to a podcast or watching a video on my other display.

Kinda hard to do this in bf4 if you're as bad as me. Too fast paced. And can't do it in Insurgency or Verdun or I'm just being useless and letting down the team
>>
>>322650505
>Insurgency is great but it's too linear and the checkpoint system means you cant zone out and listen to a podcast, it requires your full attention.
why are you wanting to zone out while playing games anyways?

I prefer insurgency because of how respawns are handled. I can tab out and play gemcraft / tales of maj'eyal while waiting to respawn
>>
>>322651019
>prefers aim down sight
>Battlefield is a twitch shooter

wew lad

fucking play Battlefield 2 or Star Wars: Battlefront 2
>>
Dirty Bomb
>>
>>322651747
>why are you wanting to zone out while playing games anyways?
I always multitask when I'm watching a movie/podcast or whatever. I don't often play a game and focus solely on the game.

When I say Insurgency is linear I don't mean that as a criticism. Linearity is a design choice which can be a good thing, and I think Insurgency uses it well. Just that the linearity leads to more intense and combat heavy gameplay which is not the experience I'm looking for when I want to relax.

>Battlefield is a twitch shooter
I mean I get that it's a lot more squad and tactics based than your average cod shooter.Still, when you compare it to Arma you have to admit, a lot of it does feel like a twitch shooter.
>>
>>322652134
Dirty Bomb is pretty great. I've always loved supporting/medic classes because it's something I can do well while watching a movie on a second display, and still be of use to my team.
>>
File: COD_AW.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
COD_AW.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322651440
Also,

Unturned
Blacklight (apparently doesn't have unlocks now or something? http://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/321353239)
Robocraft
Dirty Bomb
Planetside 2
Nosgoth
Ghost Recon
>>
I might reinstall bf2. I do love the way bf games handle.

Tried going back to cod4 the other day. Still love that game, but man, the people who still play it seem to have been playing non stop since 2007 and it's pretty much impossible to compete.
>>
>>322652405
You don't belong in a multiplayer game.
>>
>>322650505

If you're willing to ignore blatant shilling and cashing in, Halo 5 has suprisingly amazing gamplay. Be warned though it actual requires skillful aiming unlike BF/CoD type shit.
>>
>>322651440
what is this game called you posted? is it p2w?
>>
>>322653752
>You don't belong in a multiplayer game.
I assume you're saying this because you think I'm holding back my team by wanting to play in a relaxed manner.

I actually just finished a round of bf4. Had the second highest score in a team of about a dozen people just from capturing checkpoints and getting a few kills.

Meanwhile, a bunch of other people in chat are spamming 'hacks', 'faggot', 'rape', like the manchildren that so often are attracted to shooters.

Shooters would be a lot better if people weren't mostly a pack of cunts.

>>322654187
I'd get it if I had an xbone. Still upset that Microsoft won't let Halo come to windows, but I understand it from a business perspective. Halo is one of the only reasons anyone would buy an xbone.
>>
>>322654418
advanced warfare
It's Call of Duty, also here >>322652708
>>
>>322650505
Halo 5 is pretty goat
>>
Get the GOG release of Unreal Tournament 2004.
>>
Got rainbowsix siege during the sale. It's not a bad game, it's just slow and boring. Also you have to pretty much grind the same game mode until you're level 20. At least I basically got the game for free.
>>
I feel your pain OP. I've been trying to find a shooter to get into for a while but my PC is shit and I'm pretty much limited to a PS3 but all the big name stuff is on new consoles and the games more akin to my tastes are on PC.
>>
Bad company 2 is still fun
>>
>>322655723
They really got their shit together with Halo 5 multiplayer. Solid 60fps and dedicated servers feels so nice.
>>
>>322657501
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/208090/
BC2 is a solid choice, but the players left are either trash or amazing, and you better hope you get on the team with the amazing players
>>
File: 1418328642650.png (40 KB, 392x200) Image search: [Google]
1418328642650.png
40 KB, 392x200
>>322650505
R6 Siege
The Last of Us
Garden Warfare
Splatoon
>>
Is black ops 3 any good?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.