[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a a game that is more boring, or has a worse combat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: pe-logo-915x585.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
pe-logo-915x585.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
Is there a a game that is more boring, or has a worse combat system, than this piece of shit?
>>
>>322645592
>being a console ADHD blebeian
yes, OP. Tons.
>>
kotor
>>
>>322645927
>not wanting to read mountains of uninteresting and unnecessary lore about everything with every npc
>mediocre, "good for videogames" story
>boring and uninspired characters and world setting
Oh sure, I'm certain that not finding generic fantasy world's and even more generic characters interesting means I have ADHD.
>>
>>322646381
>hurr I gotta read? Shit game!
This is why the gaming's quality has declined.
>>
>>322646690
I agree with you that that sentiment may be a reason to the decline in game's story telling over the years.
However, I fucking love reading, but just because there is a lot to read doesn't mean that's it's any good to read, anon.
>>
>>322645592
Believe it or not the old school dnd rpgs this is based on are even worse
>>
I'm too glad i torrented this shit and didnt waste a dime on it. 3 hours in i deleted this fail of an abysmal attempt at gaming.
>>
>>322648448
>worse than this game
How is that even possible? I heard those games were great and one of the main reasons I even tried out PoE.
>>
File: 9F9leFU.jpg (95 KB, 660x880) Image search: [Google]
9F9leFU.jpg
95 KB, 660x880
>>322648849
ok
>>
>>322645592
Ill be honest with you senpai, i hated poe combat system, the game seemed so fun hearing about it but when i downloaded it and played it the combat was such a turn off. i love turn based games and wish there were more. I like arpg and hack and slash games and other live combat games like diablo, but putting the two together only works with dnd, and would maybe make sense if you got to play poe with 4 otherpeople or soemthing. but as a single player game even with a party of npcs, plain turn based combat and random encounters would have made the game more fun for me.
also why i dropped fo2 and divinity orginal sin.
>>
>>322648849
same, also glad i torrented DOS instead of paying 40 bucks for it. such wasted potential if they jsut game us normal combat.
>>
>>322651157

Because people are blinded by nostalgia and don't want to admit that games like BG, Fallout 1 &2, Planescape et ect. are terrible gameplay wise and anyone trying to play them today would be bored out of their minds. Seriously read a book if you want a good story.
>>
>>322645927
I love cRPGs and found this to be the least interesting combat of any cRPG released in the past year.

I started a new game of BG2 up halfway through playing PoE last year and never went back to it.

>>322648448
BG1/2, IWD, PT, etc were all much more interesting than PoE
>>
>>322651730
I feel the same exact way and have a similar gaming background.

I feel that a straight turn-based system, or one like the new Shadowfall games/ x-com, would have made the combat far less terrible.
Honestly, anything other than this shit would be great.

As it is, it is just horribly slow and all the moves/ magic feel really uninspired.

>>322652116
If the story was REALLY GOOD, and not just good for a videogame, it might almost be excusable that this games combat is horrendous. However, it's pretty damn run of the mill and the world feels like the same fucking Tolkien realm I've played in since I started playing Vidya.
>>
>>322652745
>BG2
This and Planescape are pretty much the two that I was thinking of playing if I enjoyed PoE, as I heard those games were harder to jump into since I never played anything like them.
I was hoping that PoE would teach me Crpgs and then I could more comfortably roll into BG 2 and P:T.

I've heard the stories for both are some of the best that video games have to offer. With actual good writing, and not just tons of shittery. However, is the combat just as shit as in PoE?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.