[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paper Mario series thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 28739651.jpg (396 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
28739651.jpg
396 KB, 480x640
Finally finished Paper Mario - Thousand Year Door. I have also finished Super Paper Mario before that (which I personally love despite being super easy), so it's now time for the original Paper Mario.
>>
>>322642816
The original paper Mario is my favorite game of all time, fantastic from front to back. I just wish thousand year door and the original weren't the only good games in the series. Everything else is literally disgusting
>>
File: 23023456.png (130 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
23023456.png
130 KB, 600x800
>>322643996
What's wrong with Super Paper Mario? And don't tell me about its difficulty, Kirby is easy too and people love it.

>"Buut...it's a platform game and not rpg like the previous games."
Still it has the charm of the rpg series. Also it's a nice change and the gameplay is quite fresh and enjoyable.
>>
>>322644370
It just wasn't a paper Mario game. Simple as that. Awesome game, played it to death and 100%'d everything but it just wasn't a paper Mario game. It also started the trend of the series diverging from the original format and thus ruining the series. What I mean is Super Paper Mario lead to Sticker Star which lead to Paper Jam.

Every game after TTYD has no concept of what the first two in the series were. Again I'll say it again SPM was a great game, just wasn't a paper Mario at all.

As dumb as this sounds there's a difference between a Mario game with a paper gimmick and a paper Mario game.
>>
I disliked SPM because my autism forced me to check every single area with Mario's 3D ability, which took forever.
>>
>>322644808
Wait, was Paper Jam bad?
>>
>>322642816
>playing them backwards
What the fuck? Why?
>>
Paper Marios 1-3 were all masterpieces.
>>
>>322645426
Why not? Ιt's not like there is a story continuity or something.
>>
File: latest.png (252 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
252 KB, 640x480
Most comfy Paper Mario Town/Location?
>>
>>322647241
It's just really weird. There are references to the older games in the newer ones but those aren't huge. I mainly was just surprised and wanted to know if there was any specific reason.
>>
saved the best for last I see.
>>
Has anyone played Paper Jam yet?
>>
>>322648261
No. I want to finish first Paper Mario 1 and Mario&Luigi: Dream Team.
>>
>>322642816
I want to fuck him.
>>
>>322648261
I pirated it, started it up and after a few seconds immediately lost interest. I've heard it's more of a M&L game than anything.
>>
File: Expressive.png (59 KB, 304x239) Image search: [Google]
Expressive.png
59 KB, 304x239
>>322645214
I've heard that Paper Jam is pretty good, aside from it being kind of shallow. Less tutorials than Dream Team, more challenging, funny character interactions. Looking forward to the release now.

>>322647582
Buddy
>>
How viable is a pure BP run in PM64? It seems pretty decent in TTYD from what I saw of the selection and I wanna try it out.
>>
>>322648872
BP caps out at thirty, you'll have to level other things by chapter four or so.
>>
>>322648261
I'm playing it
It's alright. Dash button is a godsend, battles are a step up from Dream Team, writing is basically Paper Mario humor full of fourth-wall breaking and lampshade hanging.
However the expert challenges are annoying, since you have to dodge the attacks of each enemy five times, which is a pain since dodging is much harder than before and some enemies only appear randomly in battles.

Then there is the fact the actual universe is much more based on Sticker Star than anything else. It's basically Sticker Star concept (designs, no OCs, only original PM enemies to return are from SS) while Paper Mario's actions and animations take from TTYD, and the writing is very SPM-ish.
>>
>>322645214
I dont know if its bad or not (it hasn't come out in America yet) but its not a paper Mario game. It's a Mario & Luigi RPG with Paper Mario as a character
>>
>>322644370
I want to fuck Mimi so hard
>>
>>
>>322651649
Mario being so uguu always makes me laugh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.