[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I unify the wasteland, get the Institute and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11
File: f4_institute_01.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
f4_institute_01.jpg
423 KB, 1920x1080
Why can't I unify the wasteland, get the Institute and the BoS working together? Like, I have no choice in this game. Fuck the railroad though
>>
>>322642490
I dunno, because it's not an RPG?
>>
>>322643289
But it's listed as an RPG
>>
File: todd.png (131 KB, 241x245) Image search: [Google]
todd.png
131 KB, 241x245
>>322643881
>Falling for his lies
>>
>>322642490

>Making choices that do anything
>Bethesda game

Surely, you're fucking with us.
>>
>>322644151
>>322644253
Is that really so farfetched a request?
>>
File: holyfuck.jpg (68 KB, 549x573) Image search: [Google]
holyfuck.jpg
68 KB, 549x573
>>322644151
>Falling for his lies
>Falling
>Fallout 4
>Falling for his lies 4 times
>>
>>322642490
Because you shouldn't be able to unite two factions that are completely against eachother like the Legion and NCR? I bet you complained about being able to become every guild master in Skyrim anyways though.
>>
File: Master_(Fallout)[1].jpg (24 KB, 400x208) Image search: [Google]
Master_(Fallout)[1].jpg
24 KB, 400x208
Why can't I get The Master and the BoS to work together?

Because they're enemies and would never work with each other.
>>
>>322642490
>cant use the institute and it's vast resources to restore the wasteland to better-than pre-war status
>can't bring the brotherhood into the fold and have them act as guardians/mediators between the institute tech and the wasteland
>can't also offer the minutemen a position as settlement expanders, using a mix of institute and brotherhood tech to make growth expand beyond boston
>can't make everyone into terminator enhanced super humans
>can't use implants and make yourself a cyborg
>can't go full synth

When this became apparent i stopped giving a fuck and just focused on exploration and FO Minecraft.
>>
BoS hates mutants and anything non human, how the fuck do you expect them to agree with the Insititute

If you can make any faction do whatever you want, what's the point in defining factions in a game then?
>>
>>322642490
WHY DOES SHANE LOOK THE SAME ON ALL FUCKING PLAYTHROUGHS?

whatever happened to

> "we even generate a baby, based on what your character looks like"

what the fuck bethesda...
>>
>>322642490
Why does everyone on here hate the Railroad, exactly? Is it that "I'm such a racist everyone pay attention to me do I fit in yet?" meme?
>>
>>322645812
Damn your expectations were insanely high, with a mindset like that you're never going to be pleased with anything
>>
>>322647810
Shaun's face actually does change based on your character. The beard and hair are always the same though and hide most of his face.

>>322647917
They're shit tier and have characters like Glory that want to free gen 1/2 synths. They also hold synths above humans. Only good people there are Tinker Tom and Deacon.
>>
>>322647810
He technically does look different, but only barely.
>>
>>322648143
>They hold synths above humans
I never got that vibe. 99% of the organization is human, the only self-proclaimed synth was Glory and they use her as a front-line combatant, they're not super careful with her or anything compared to humans. I agree that freeing gen 1's and 2's is useless, but Glory also basically has PTSD and is crazy. The Railroad ain't perfect but compared to the other two factions which do plenty of straight-up evil actions, I don't see how anyone would not support the Railroad. Unless you're doing a neutral or evil playthrough, but that's almost impossible to pull off with the complete lack of role-playing made available by Bethesda.
>>
File: 1438506661621.png (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438506661621.png
93 KB, 1920x1080
>>322648143
Yeah, the beard can obscure a lot of his facial features, but on my play-through I noticed my own Shaun had the same green eyes and the almost exaggerated lantern jaw my Sole Survivor had.

Curiously, I think he also had a my Survivor's freckles too. (I made a stereortypical Irishman)

>>322642490
I can get why that's the case, but I more wonder why you can't talk any faction you side with against the Institute to instead plunder the place for tech.

I mean, damn, the BoS might hate synths, but given their appearance diversity and such, it's safe to say they could tweek Shaun's DNA baseline to match about anything. Just imagine Synth-ing organs and such for crippled BoS knights.

Admittedly, the answer is probably just: "no one understands the tech well enough to maintain it and there's not enough to experiment on to learn it"

>>322645676
>master of every guild in Skyrim
Not him but that bothers me slightly less because, like being Thane, it seems to not mean anything.
>Can't organize hunts with the Companions
>Can't assign new curriculum for the College of Winterhold
>Can't scout and find big jobs for the Thieves' Guild to pull

Why?
>>
>>322648908
They completely fuck over their inside man in the institute and are responsible for the death of his family
>>
>>322645692
>>322645676
Except there's a difference between the NCR and Legion, and BoS and Master and the BoS and Institute. The institute and the BoS are both working towards the same thing, in theory. They both want a better wasteland. Except instead if doing anything diplomatic, all they do is just decide everyone who's not them needs to die, it makes no sense. That's the difference though, no faction in Fallout 4 is inherently evil, unlike the Legion and Master.
>>
>>322649383
>they both want a better wasteland
Do you realize how vague of a goal that is and how many ways that could be interpreted? While it's not the same, you can ally minutemen with any faction. I do agree they dropped the ball on inter-faction politics though I just don't think the institute and EC BoS are compatible.
>>
>>322649140
They teleport all unarmed Institute members out before the blow up the place. I don't remember them specifically killing Liam's family. He kills himself when he realizes he contributed to destroying his people and his way of life, I'm not sure what his end goal was. Probably to start some kind of political change within the Institute like synth suffrage? If I could join the Institute and have my choices actually fucking matter and be able to free the synths that way, I would have, but Bethesda killed that dream.
>>
>>322649383
>no faction in Fallout 4 is inherently evil
The Institute totally is, and the Botherhood is more complicated but definitely does a multitude of evil shit. Both factions have innocent members who don't agree with the evils their organization commits, but on the whole both organizations are more evil than good.
>>
File: Full Of Innacuracies, But Funny.png (129 KB, 1580x776) Image search: [Google]
Full Of Innacuracies, But Funny.png
129 KB, 1580x776
>>322649383
>no faction in Fallout 4 is inherently evil
creating and releasing super mutants with no plans to control their actions top side is one of the most evil things in the fallout universe.

The institute wants a better wasteland for themselves, not humanity.

The BOS have no qualms about killing a farmer for his food if he refuses to give it up. They're knights before chivalry was created.

These groups are fundamentally opposed. Institute isn't giving up their sense of superiority or synths and the brotherhood won't abide a faction of that power and knowledge acting with anything less than complete submission to it's own authority.
>>
>>322650118
That image is perfect. I've had no words to describe these feelings until now.
>>
File: Eaboardmeeting.webm (2 MB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
Eaboardmeeting.webm
2 MB, 1920x1088
>>322642490
I hate anything or anyone that comes off as pretentious and smug.
>>
>>322651517
>bandicam
m8...
>>
File: 2015-12-18_00001.jpg (153 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-18_00001.jpg
153 KB, 1360x768
>join Institute
>they give me a fresh clean room for myself
>there's a used ash tray left in it
The Institute can't do anything right!
>>
God Bethesda FO games are such a drag for me since I've never give more than a fraction of a shit about the BoS.
>>
That wouldn't be possible

There's no reason not to able to ally The Minutemen with either the Railroad or BOS, though
>>
>>322652471
NCR is blander imo
>>
>>322652661
NCR actually has depth, and the Rangers are the coolest NPC's in the game
>>
>>322652661
Nah, NCR feels like an actual state.
>>
>>322652756
>more depth than the faction that has been in the series since the first game
They have no personality and I was talking about NCR as a whole, not just New Vegas.
>muh rangers
>>
>>322643881

Shadows of Mordor is listed as an RPG.
>>
>>322642490
Because they all haves different motives

>Railroad - free the synths
>BoS - kill all synths
>Minutemen - protect the Commonwealth from danger(like the synths)
>Institute - bring the synths to the surface and begin a new era
>>
>>322642490
FREE ALL TOASTERS
>>
So what's the long term benefit of freeing synths and destroying the Institute? First of all, they're sterile so it's not like they can go out and start families with their superior pre-war DNA. Their superior intellect is questionable thanks to their indoctrination as a subservient race in the Institute, and any knowledge they gleaned from their time with them is lost thanks to mind wipes. The only solid contribution they can offer is marginally superior physical abilities. So they're a race of mentally unstable grunts already at the point of extinction.
>>
>>322652907
The NCR has been in the series since the first game too

And The Brotherhood has never had depth. First they were just xenophobic tech hoarders, who were never really that significant to the big picture except for them possibly helping you against The Master, in which the support they give you is borderline useless thanks to them stopping at the front door. Then they got the shit kicked out of them and were basically non-existent in 2. Then they were butchered by Bethesda and are nothing more than Space Marines.

The NCR has more depth and history than any other faction in Fallout. We literally see them grow from a small settlement to a full on Civilization, which while initially seeming to be the best option for the future, is eventually corrupted. It still has a ton of good people like Hsu but politics hold them back.

The Brotherhood is just fucking boring, there's nothing to discuss about them other than spouting their cringeworthy catchphrases as they unconditionally want to slaughter all non-humans and destroy technology
>>
>>322653607
They're abolitionists, they don't think long term only in the short term just like real life.
>>
>>322653359
>Institute - bring the synths to the surface and begin a new era
This is the point I really don't get. Father flat out says the surface is shit and should be abandoned, but they go out of their way to fuck with everybody there even after they're capable of operating completely autonomously underground.
>>
>>322653607
There was literally no reason for Gen 3 synths to made.

There was no fucking reason to give them feelings, they were fine as labor machines.

Why the fuck did they give them feelings?
>>
Why are the factions in this game such fucking shit?
Minutemen: Hurr durr peasant settlers with duct taped piece of shit laser "muskets"
Rail Road: Literally no different than minutemen except "Check your organic privilege, biological shitlords!!"
Brotherhood: KILL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE DEMOCRACY LMAO
Institute: LOOK HOW SUPERIOR WE ARE TO THE COMMONWEALTH WHEN WERE THE ONES MAKING THE COMMONWEALTH SHITTY LMAO
>>
>>322649039
>Admittedly, the answer is probably just: "no one understands the tech well enough to maintain it and there's not enough to experiment on to learn it"
Dr. Lee probably knows enough.
>>
>>322653359
But you can literally unify all the factions though, except maybe Railroad.

Just kill all the defect synths who go around killing people, let the normal ass ones live in peace.
>>
>>322653607
>Their superior intellect
They can be the same as a wasteland yokel. Depends on who they're reprogrammed as.

>First of all, they're sterile so it's not like they can go out and start families with their superior pre-war DNA.
They die out eventually. The railroad doesn't want more synths being made, just the ones that exist to be wiped and freed.

>The only solid contribution they can offer is marginally superior physical abilities
The RR doesn't intend to press them into service, just to let them live and die like people, making of their fate what they will.

>>322653817
ikr? I wish I could buy a qt slavic girl for my harem.
>>
>>322654202
The Brotherhood literally do not tolerate any Synths at all
>>
>>322653986
You can't intimidate a machine into working harder.
>>
File: The Waifu Age.png (3 MB, 1599x1001) Image search: [Google]
The Waifu Age.png
3 MB, 1599x1001
>>322653986
>There was literally no reason for Gen 3 synths to made.
Infiltration.

>There was no fucking reason to give them feelings, they were fine as labor machines.
They could do more as people, but they shouldn't have had the capacity to feel they did. This was a glitch or something.

>>322654202
>But you can literally unify all the factions though
??????

>>322654053
Todd tried to make New Vegas factions worth arguing over and instead made them all shit.
>>
>>322654393
And thats a problem with the game itself. The factions are too extremist that it hinders the gameplay.
>>
File: todd.png (965 KB, 979x651) Image search: [Google]
todd.png
965 KB, 979x651
>>322654053
>Fine, if everyone loves that cunt Chris Avellone's Faction wars so much I'll do him one better
>>
>>322654741
What was with that line? She looked like she was hit in the face with a shovel right out the vat.
>>
>>322654202
"Live in peace" as slaves to the institute
>>
>>322655273
it's called having charisma.
>>
File: Beth.jpg (255 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
Beth.jpg
255 KB, 667x1000
>>322643881
ehm
>>
>>322658289
Interest
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.