[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you I hated it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: MMBoxArt.jpg (45 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
MMBoxArt.jpg
45 KB, 500x344
Games you hate that most seem to love. Pic related.
>>
>>322640495
Why?

Because of the time, since it's not that much of an issue really.
>>
>>322640579
It's honestly little things that boil together. The fact that only certain items can be kept unless they're stored. Many of the dungeons bored me and none of the puzzles stood out to me as amazing. First dungeon is a prime example honestly. The map, the compass, and the bow are all obtained by being locked in a room and fighting an enemy. Not even a unique enemy, minus the bow, just an enemy. I enjoyed the masks but the at the end of the day they were more of a mere gimmick to me. It just seemed like an uncreative rehash of OoT with a much better story.
>>
>>322640495
Heh, yeah. In reality none of the Zelda games are really *that* good. Just a lot of Nostalgia for Nintendo.
>>
>>322640934
>an uncreative rehash
it was creative as hell, teebeehoo.

>>322640981
nope
>>
File: 382932287.jpg (142 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
382932287.jpg
142 KB, 600x860
>>
>>322640934
> Rehash
Euh, all those masks had certain gameplay elements, they are all individual items with different purposes.

If that's rehashing then what's innovation, talking gameplay wise?
>>
>>322641268
Rehash was too strong you're right. What I like in zelda is using the new item in a creative way in a nicely designed dungeon. Minish Cap to me is a prime example of good dungeons in Zelda. All of MM's bored me. The mask were cool items and I enjoyed them, but at the end of day they came off as a gimmick to me. To boot the time limit was a major issue for me. Zelda promotes taking your time to think and explore. Majora's Mask almost got rid of that for me. All those rupees I earned no big deal store them then go back to the chest that had the larger amount no point in looking for a bigger one now.
>>
>>322641702
Ah yes.

Majora's strong point was especially side quests and extras.

Although Majora's mask did take 'Taking your time and explore' to new levels.

To be honest I used a guide at some points even because some stuff was just ridiculous.
>>
Smash 4
Melee is way better I don't understand you fags
>>
Demon's Souls.

I don't hate it, I just don't like it. I loved Dark Souls 1 and 2 and got a PS3 just because all the good shit I heard about DeS. I don't even really know what it is I dislike about it, which is the odd part. I enjoy Bolataria (Think that's the name) a lot and then after I kill the Phalanx boss everything just gets really boring, not bad, just boring. Every few months I plug up my PS3 again to play it but I always get really fucking bored after the armored spider and I just can't play it anymore. It's not even that different to Dark Souls, so I'm not sure why I like the other games so much yet dislike Demons Souls. I honestly don't know what it is that makes me feel this way.
>>
>>322642131
Huge DaS fan here and I agree I didn't like DeS that much either. It felt I guess awkward compared to other Souls games.
>>
The Fable series.

I liked the first one, actually. The rest seemed like carbon copies of the originally without anything really different.

>Oh look, the gladiator stage
>Oh look, the gloomy town with werewolves stage etc
>>
File: witcher3.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
witcher3.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
>>
>>322642825
What the fuck? Since when does /v/ praise the Fable series?

>>322640495
Undertale.
>>
>>322642457
As someone who played its sequels first but likes DeS best, i agree that it's more cumbersome than those two. The level design more than makes up for it in my opinion, but i could see why someone wouldn't like it.
>>
max payne 3
final fantasy x
>>
>>322643117
Hate Undertale too. I like the music and some of the writing but the gameplay outside of a boss or two is very stale.
>>
>>322640495

Every title Telltale has inflicted on the world. Fuck them and fuck their retarded games.
>>
>>322643769
>Hey we're being pursued
>Relax. Don't worry. Everyone put down your weapons.
>No, they're really close
>Nah man
>...
>Oh fugg, all 10 of us just got held up by like 3 guys
>>
File: Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg (77 KB, 393x269) Image search: [Google]
Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg
77 KB, 393x269
Not even sorry, fuck this piece of shit game
>>
>>322643769
>Lucasarts game
>"i need a wrench"
>use a literal monkey as a monkey wrench
>Telltale tale
>"i need a wrench"
>wrench is one door away
>>
Majora's mask is enjoyable on a different level than all other videogames. You really feel leik the hero as you get to see all the people you are saving doing their daily routines, and the the impending doom is felt thru thier actions and words. As time ticks away, the music changes and mood changes up to the final moments where you are face to face with the giant moon. You are the one who can turn back time and keep the loop alive until you figure out a way to save these people and this world.
>>
>>322640495
3DS version fixed a lot of what I hated about that game. I never had to save and lose all my items because I needed to turn the console off.
>>
File: Meme_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Meme_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
Who the fuck likes a ugly beta version of Dark Souls?
Is it because
>playstation exclusive?
>>
>>322644205
I can readily admit my love for this game is based in nostalgia, but not my own. My grandmother got really into Super Nintendo when she was about 60. She would play Mana and LttP non-stop, all day long. I'd just sit and watch for hours. I don't have any memories of playing either of them myself. I still have the carts with her save file on them. I love LttP, but if it wasn't for her, SoM isn't the kind of game I'd ever enjoy playing myself.
>>
>>322640495
Shit taste alert
>>
>>322640495
Wow, you're a pleb.
>>
mgs3
>>
Persona 4
>>
>>322640495
You spend too much time on /v/. Most normalfags/casuals hate that game because the clock system frustrates them.
>>
>>322645672
>beta of a unfinished game
>>
>>322640934
>>322640495

This actually took time to a whole nother level, it isn't a rehash it built off of what was already there and made it better.

If only they god damn made the rest of the games based off time and got progressively better at it Zelda wouldn't be the shitpile it is today.
>>
>>322647987
Yeah got it for my friend and he said it was too hard. I even told him about the mask of truth things if he doesn't know what to do, but he dropped it and continues to play league of legends.
>>
>>322640495
Saints Row 2. Thankfully you never really see threads for it around here anymore but for awhile pre SR3 the shit was getting crazy.
>>
>>322648262
spotted the cuck
>>
File: Nintendo logo.jpg (65 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo logo.jpg
65 KB, 650x366
>>322640495
>>
>>322648484
>league of legends.
I hope you don't value his opinions
>>
File: sotc.jpg (7 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
sotc.jpg
7 KB, 208x243
I hate it
I see now why people like it, though

Ico is far worse but I have clearer memories of this
>>
File: header.jpg (138 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
138 KB, 460x215
>>
>>322648617
Why? Genuinely curious
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg (54 KB, 256x250) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg
54 KB, 256x250
This game didnt hold any of the magic that the other 7 games before it did.
>>
>>322649916
I didn't like any of the mini games aside from the insurance fraud. The main missions are really boring. The plots just silly. It really pisses me off how the game gives you so many options to customize your character and then gives you ZERO options on how that character talks to people or reacts to situations. So whether I make a fat black guy or a teeny tiny white girl my character is the exact same person
>>
>>322649101
ICO was a 3/10
I struggle immensely to give SOTC anything more than a 6.5
>>
Majora's Mask is art. I didn't play it until a year ago, so it's not even a nostalgia thing for me.

>>322647961
I love Persona 4 but I can also see where others would hate it. I'd even say all the dungeons are objectively not good.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.