[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age video games stopped being fun for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11
File: 235325.jpg (42 KB, 773x645) Image search: [Google]
235325.jpg
42 KB, 773x645
For me it's at 25. Now it feels like a chore.
I really really wanted to be exited for dat wii u giant robot open world anime xeno blade crap but its just boring crap...i just cant go on...i cant
>>
>>322624632
They're still fun, but not a lot of good games are being released at the moment.
That, and I don't have a lot of money to spend on them anymore.
And I've gotten more jaded from age and being here on /v/.

Currently having fun with Rainbow 6 Siege and CS:GO.
>>
It's not your age anon, it's the games
>>
>>322624632
find a new hobby
>>
>>322625154
i tried chess recently but got rekt so badly
>>
File: mecha.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mecha.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>322624632
Stop playing games, reading about them or going on /v/ for a week and then play something completely new. If you still feel that way afterwards then maybe you should find a new hobby.
>>
>>322624632
You're just changing tastes. I can't play most jrpgs any more. Too juvenile, too much of a time sink. I enjoy stuff I can finish in a reasonable amount of time, because there's too much other shit going on, or stuff I can just putter around in for fun.
>>
When I stopped coming to /v/ I started enjoying them again
Only here to see what people are saying about rift preorders
>>
34 here. Still enjoy them as much as when I was a kid. The only thing that stops me is less free time and random bullshit at home fucking my shit up.
>>
>>322625425
lol i haven't played or read about games for like a year and when i come back to try again i feel like throwing up....it's over...my childhood is over...i'm sorry i just cant over look how stupid they all seem.
>>
>>322625757
Please tell me you're at least married and have a child.
Being 34 and still on 4chan is my nightmare.
>>
>>322624980
Rainbow six looks so good and fun to just chill out on but man it gets intense in 1 on 3 situations.
>>
Just last year. After spending countless hours on Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, but deriving no pleasure from Bloodborne and stopping after beating the game in 18 hours just spoke volumes to me. The same happened with pretty much every game of 2015, from Hotline Miami 2 to Splatoon to MGSV, all were lacking. I knew they were lacking and it wasn't just me being jaded, but that doesn't help you enjoy other games.
>>
>>322626186
Not him but

>once I hit X age I'll become an adult!

kek
>>
>>322626186
Why is that a nightmare? Living at home with no job or future prospects at that age is a more realistic problem. Browsing 4chan at 18 or 40 isn't really all that different.
>>
>>322626186

My personal life isn't any of your business, kid. Stop being a faggot.
>>
I am 27 and like games but get tired of them much quicker than before. Now 1-2 hours of playing is enough for me. Besides, now having a job, makes me feel bad for using my free time for video games
>>
>>322626613
So you're a horrible, disgusting fucking loser.
Got it.
>>
>>322624632
31 here, its been so long for me to play an open world game i actually enjoyed, it took me 60 hours to get my skell because i kept getting side tracked and avoided using fast travel on a regular basis. a lot of other games have kept me bored to death until XCX though.
>>
>>322626861
That's like with me. You kind of feel bad for playing but you realize that most other people waste as much time as you do. They just have different hobbies. That's essentially what video games are. It's no different than watching sports or Netflix.
>>
>>322625018

It's this I think, I'm 23 and the last new game I bought was Dark Souls 2. A relative bought me Watch Dogs and CoD Ghosts for Christmas last year, I played WD for 30 minutes before I got bored and CoD is still in the cellophane wrapping, only things I play now are Fallout nv and STALKER SoC. I'd get Bloodborne, but I'm not wasting £300 on something I can only see myself getting at most 3 games for. To be honest, I enjoy reading manga, watching anime and programming more than playing games.
>>
28 here
>Since "Next-Gen"
>>
>>322625303
git gud
>>
26 here i cant play long single player games anymore 60+ hours i just dont have the patience and time of my teenage self and go back to "cancer" games like battlefield due to other players and friends or 2d indie stuff like nuclear throne a shorter single player like bloodborne i can get through but i got bored of witcher and fallout 4 for example i just wanted to get the main story over with eventually

i hope this doesnt effect my playthrough of ff15
>>
>tfw 22
>still handholdless, kissless and hugless virgin
>>
>>322626948
32 here, I'm in the same boat. I got over the 'ooh-ing' and 'ah-ing' of open world games with Oblivion. MMOs had held that feeling a little while longer, but with their increased pandering there isn't much else out there that peeks my interest.
>>
File: 7.jpg (156 KB, 653x430) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
156 KB, 653x430
>>322626186
what part of "your here forever" didnt you understand anon ?
>>
>>322627246
Legend has it that the sentence still runs on to this day.
>>
File: UWmk4.gif (2 MB, 261x238) Image search: [Google]
UWmk4.gif
2 MB, 261x238
>>322627297
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>322626186
30 and married myself, still play the vidya when time allows. Been playing Diablo 2 hardcore ladder lately.

Don't come to /v/ often (usually stick with /ck/, /diy/) but I do find amusement with threads like these, ones where people have way too much personal investment in videogames.
>>
File: previous_high_scores.jpg (164 KB, 520x387) Image search: [Google]
previous_high_scores.jpg
164 KB, 520x387
When Battlefield 3 came out (2011). Then there was a three year period, when i pretty much lost all excitement for the video games. But when i started playing older games again (second gen to sixth gen), i got the spark back.
>>
Getting there, I can't grind out MMOs anymore although I suppose that's a good thing I'm actually playing other vidya now instead of wasting my time on the hamster wheel.
>>
>>322624632
Came here to post this >>322625018

So probably around 17-18 which was about 3-4 years ago. I started noticing that I was less excited about upcoming games in general. Then they fucked up Sim City and that was really it for me.
>>
>>322624632
24, half a year ago
>>
Another married anon here, still enjoying vidya. Spent all last night grinding in a Korean MMO for an event mount, felt like a kid again. Will be playing until DD comes to PC, then it's bouncing around between those 2 games and possibly guitar hero on the side.

Find games you enjoyed anon, and then play them again. They'll give you the happiness to play other games again.
>>
File: 1420388226984.png (239 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1420388226984.png
239 KB, 511x428
>>322624632
21 here, I want to enjoy myself while playing vidya and I just keep getting rekt and force quitting. I can git gud all I want, but I feel like I haven't progressed at all.

It makes me understand why adults prefer passive forms of entertainment like books or movies.
>>
>>322628123
At least we got Cities: Skylines to make up for it.
>>
>>322628271
You can also quit being a casual and learn the games you play instead of blaming their difficulty for why you can't enjoy video games.
>>
File: Iwillkillyou.jpg (17 KB, 300x277) Image search: [Google]
Iwillkillyou.jpg
17 KB, 300x277
>>322626186
>normalfags
I'm a 31 wizard and I highly doubt I'll ever stop enjoying anime, video games or any other hobby I have.
There's no need to resign yourself to a life that you hate- if you like games then play games.
>>
>>322628409
nah I'm not some tryhard faggot
>>
>>322628271
What game are you talking about?
I can only help you out with CS:GO.
If it is CS:GO, then I can only tell you one think.

Stop.

It honestly isn't worth it.
Go look at /r/globaloffensive. Calm down autists.
You don't want to be them. Just play it for fun.
>>
For me it wasn't when I lost my virginity at 24, but when I really fell in love two years later.

I still love arcade style games, though. Quick tests of reflexes and skill are the only games that are worth playing and you will all one day see the truth.
>>
>>322628508
Are you being some sort of casual elitist? Don't play video games if you can't bother yourself for a fraction of their play time to learn how they work.
>>
>>322628334
Says a lot about the AAA devs that they couldn't outdo a then 9 year old game and a another dev that had only 9 staff members.
>>
File: 1409850091269.png (131 KB, 382x340) Image search: [Google]
1409850091269.png
131 KB, 382x340
>>322624632
I'm 30 and videogames are as fun for me as ever.

I play way more games and follow them more closely now than I did when I was in my early and mid 20s.
>>
>>322625757

same situation here but im 29

wife, kid, job, own my home, often resent real life for getting in the way of gaming. reminisce fondly on the 3 years i spent NEET after high school every single day
>>
>>322624632
>have 26
>games still fun even "next gen"
>>
File: 1449170506222.jpg (7 KB, 224x217) Image search: [Google]
1449170506222.jpg
7 KB, 224x217
>>322628961

that decent into loneliness and depression is all it is anon.
>>
>>322628937
It's a topic worth it's own thread, but here's the nutshell version of my 2-cents on the topic.

Smaller teams have more passion for the project.
AAA companies have their leashes held firm by publishers and share holders.
Also, the bigger the team the less likely communication and agreement on designs will happen.
>>
>>322624632

>28
>love games MORE than when I was a kid/teen

Play better games fag.
That or have more than video games in your life.

You'll burn out if they're all you do.
>>
>>322629409
I've had a qt uruguayan big booty gf for 4 years. She loves watching me play videogames.
>>
So many posters in this thread talk about not being excited about videogames and then proceed to only talk about shitty "AAA" releases.

Well, yeah, you're going to have a shitty time if you're just paying attention to shit crafted for the lowest common denominator. With dev tools getting crazy cheap there have been tons of small name titles that have been great in the last few years, Path of Exile for one.
>>
>>322629409
You can also call it acceptance
>>
>>322630024
>Path of Shit
LMAO
>>
>>322628453

This.
I'm a normalfag, the key is to just keep your hobbies to yourself.
Just go out and pretend to be somebody else, then come back home and then when you come back home go back to being yourself.
Easy.
>>
>>322628453
>>322630690
2016, the first year a normalfag and wizard agreed
>>
>>322624632
Honestly I think it's most just the games themselves that turn me off, because at least 1 or 2 come out a year that I really enjoy and play a lot of.
>>
27 and I don't see anything interesting being released whether on consoles or on PC. I feel like I've explored pretty much every video game at this point, the games being released now are dumbed down sequels or rehashed garbage.

So if you want my opinion it's the games that are thrash nowadays. I'm slowly going back to the classics or old stuff I missed on consoled and I'm starting to enjoy myself again. Yesterday I lost close to five hours glued to Anno 1503.
>>
File: 1406666721920.jpg (195 KB, 1068x440) Image search: [Google]
1406666721920.jpg
195 KB, 1068x440
WoW pretty much ruined gaming for me

Got addicted over 10 years ago and played literally all day every day for about 7 years.

After that, no game could give me the same drug rush that WoW did.

I have more fun lurking and shitposting on a chinese cartoon imageboard
>>
>>322624632
I'm 36 and I've changed my taste during times.
I stopped completely with videogames when I was in uni at 19 and somehow restarted because I had a Nintendo fan girlfriend who wanted to play with me with the Wii, discovering a lot of good games in it, this happened when I was 28 circa, then I changed a lot my taste, I still can enjoy arcade-style games but not childish stories that try hard to be deep anymore, I like strategy games when I have the time, autism simulators on PC and such.
I still enjoy playing our old Wii with our daughter, no need for new consoles for now, she's a blast with NSMBW, same as her mother, while I'm the weakest link.
I have to say that watching the enjoyment in my daughter gave me another boost.
Maybe you just need to find your own genre
>>
If this is a serious post you need some additional hobbies. Get into board gaming or model building.
>>
>>322626613

>Unmarried beta level Virgin fag detected
>>
I've fun with older games. most of the time
>>
>>322624632
get a job, you twat.
I'd be bored of videogames too if I played them 24/7
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.