[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will he ever escape being a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (149 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
149 KB, 500x500
Will he ever escape being a meme?
>>
>>322623052
>playing a bad party game
>>
>>322623052
Considering he's basically a non-entity outside of Smash, no.

No, the anime doesn't count, all anybody cares about is the meme.
>>
Yeah, about the time a 3D F-Zero game with a good story that's actually competent and modern comes out.
>>
>>322623784
>>No, the anime doesn't count
Even there the last thing he does in that series is hitting Black Bull with a Falcon Punch so large it causes a flash of light across the galaxy.
>>
>>322623052
Why does Smash turn fucking everyone into memes?
>>
>>322623810
So never.
>>
>>322624451
ITS TIME TO TIP THE SCALES XD
>>
>>322623052
Okay guys I know this is an oft-repeated phrase when it comes to other franchises but bear with me

F-Zero by Platinum Studios

Two primary forms of gameplay. Captain Falcon has always been a bounty hunter since the first F-Zero, so you play as him in a fast paced stylish action game where he Falcon Punches and Kicks baddies into the next planet.
At other times he'll be racing in the grand F-Zero tournament at blazing fast speeds.

How GOAT would that be?
>>
>>322624451
The characters are all pre-established icons. And it's not like they can have character development or anything in these games so they just amp up the most recognizable characteristics of these characters to 1000.
>>
>>322624832
a beat em up/racer would be an okay game for F-Zero. Nintendo still doesn't know how to "approach" F-Zero yet.
>>
>names everything after falcon

nope
>>
He's only known for Smash. He's a Smash Rep now. Did he do anything resembling a Falcon Punch in the F-Zero games?
>>
>>322625041
No, Sakurai just made that shit up and people went along with it.
>>
>>322625017
What about YES?
>>
>>322623810

>3D F-Zero game with a good story that's actually competent and modern comes out.

Why would anyone want this? Isn't the racing the meat and potatoes of the game?
>>
I can't escape the meme because the meme is his character
It's not like batman where there is batman the meme and batman the character is something different. Casuals who only know batman the meme, lol prep time batman always wins, will go on to read a batman comic and get super pissy to see he is actually fallible, fucks up a lot, Doesn't always save the day, and is not the omnicompetent god the meme makes him out to be.

Captain falcons character on the other hand is accurately represented in the meme. He has always been a campy super sentai haha yeah alright! Intense beefcake guy
>>
>>322626478
This isn't Mario or Sonic or Garfield Kart. Racing is these characters' livelihoods.

Gimme a reason to race. Flesh out SOME of the characters.

F-Zero GX did okay, but the story was overly cheesy to the point of not being good and far too all over the road for one entry. Too much burden for one game to bear.
>>
>>322624158
Only because a nuclear reactor explodes.
>>
>>322628794
>needing a story in a racing game for any reason
GX is already one of the best racing games of all time. Who gives a shit about character motivations?
>>
Unfortunately people nowadays are so fixated on memes that it's impossible to escape.
>>
File: 1420745884998.gif (45 KB, 165x180) Image search: [Google]
1420745884998.gif
45 KB, 165x180
>>322630037
>always loved playing DK
>now considered a memefag because of expand dong shit
Fuck that shit, still using him and Falcon because they are fun
>>
File: farukon.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
farukon.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>322624158
I loved that anime
>>
File: farukon2.webm (1 MB, 636x480) Image search: [Google]
farukon2.webm
1 MB, 636x480
>>322630595
>>
He's only being called a meme by people who don't actually play Nintendo games but play Smash
>>
>>322625821
HYEEAS!*
>>
>>322630395

Fuck that

I'm still maining DK and pretty good at it

If people want to cheer dong phrases then embrace it and let it make you feel good
>>
>>322625821
Isn't his up special called Falcon Dive? His side special is called raptor dash so there's at least one
>>
>>322631791
I thought his up Special was called Raptor Boost.
>>
>>322632206
that's side b
>>
File: F-Zero_X_Guide_02_A.jpg (86 KB, 484x451) Image search: [Google]
F-Zero_X_Guide_02_A.jpg
86 KB, 484x451
For me, and maybe 5 other people, F-Zero has an appeal over most other racing games because it has interesting characters in it. It has guys you can root for or hate, plus racing as a cyborg is fucking great. It's stuff that also doesn't get in the way of gameplay.

I still think the series would benefit from keeping that in mind, especially if it can transfer into the gameplay by creating some interesting game scenarios in a story/challenge mode of sorts. Sort of like how GX's changed the pace from normal racing, except less retarded.

As for the meme, it will unfortunately never go away.
Captain Falcon is a weird looking dude from the outset, and people just love reducing things to repetitive jokes. The best Imamura or anybody else handling the character can do is embrace it just enough while doing their own thing. Sort of like the anime, where Falcon wasn't a complete retard and the Falcon Punch made some sense in context.
>>
FALCONE PAUNCH!!
>>
>>322624451
Smashfags are numerous and don't know or recognize 90% of the franchises represented in the game. So they memetize the few recognizable characteristics the characters have in Smash.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.