[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3DS Pirating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1450178545705.jpg (255 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1450178545705.jpg
255 KB, 960x720
So, I plan to buy a New 3DS XL tomorrow and I have five questions. For the record I spent hours searching things up, those questions are either things that I just want confirmation or questions I couldn't get answered:

a) Does the entire pirating thing work with the New 3DS, or is it exclusive to the standard 3DS?

b) Is it even possible to ask for a N3DSXL with the firmware of 9.2 or earlier in a Game Stop? Will they give me one if they have it?

c) I am completely afraid of bricking my game considering how it will be completely new and I'll also buy 4 games with it, is there any way to 100% ensure it won't brick while preparing it for piracy?

d) Any chances the Sky3DS bricks it? Does it work with new firmware? I just don't understand why people keep bricking their consoles instead of just buying a Sky3DS cartridge? Is there something I am missing here? I mean, sure, a Sky3DS is expensive, but bricking a console is way more expensive. The official website of that cartridge says it is the second coming of Jesus pretty much, so I just wanna confirm if it really "plays anything at any firmware without any chance of bricking"

e) If I just stay original until the end of the year will I still be able to go pirate? Or will Nintendo send out updates that will make piracy impossible? I know no one can predict that but is it possible at least?

Thanks
Pic unrelated
>>
It's unstable on n3DS. You also can't update emuNAND while on it.
>>
>>322612872
Oh, nice to know. I won't even bother with it then, I'll just stay original.

... Unless the Sky3DS works with it. Does it?
>>
>>322613071
No idea, I haven't looked into it as I don't own a n3DS.

There's no real reason to want one, anyway. Seems like a waste for a single exclusive that's on the Wii already.
>>
>>322613348
I'm buying it because people say it's way more powerful than the 3DS, has an extra button used by some games and has a way better screen which is apparently one of the biggest complaints on the standard 3DS.

Anyway I did some research and holy shit is the Sky3DS expensive for something that might not even work at newer firmware. I'll just hope piracy gets better by the end of the year.
>>
>>322613479
Piracy is already pretty good, at least on the old 3DS. If you really need an n3DS, get one now and install a few entrypoints in order to prepare for when the downgrade is more stable. There's no telling when a system update to fix the exploits will happen.
>>
>>322613624
But anon I'm a pussy

I'm afraid that Nintendo will add an update that will check if I have those entrypoints and then brick my game

Even if I stop updating I'm afraid they will force me to update before going to the eShop thus making me unable to buy games

I'll just hope piracy gets based to the point that you can downgrade from any firmware version, and if that never happens I'll just deal with it while playing my 10 games I guess, or maybe buy a Sky3DS down the line, accordingly to youtube it works with the n3DS somehow (might be just shilling from the devs though)
>>
>>322613834
If you have an entrypoint and disable wifi, you'll be fine.
>>
>>322613932
Wait so even with an entrypoint I can't play online? That sucks desu
>>
>>322612782
you should be asking this in /hbg/ on /vg/
and they'll tell you to read the op which you should do before asking

if you're on firmware 9.2+ you'll need to downgrade which came out a few days ago and is currently unstable, especially on the n3ds. you risk brick at this point, but within a week it should be much better.

10.3 is the latest firmware, don't update past it or you'll lock yourself out of downgrading.

10.3 can also currently install legit cias without downloading (there are currently about 10 of these per region with a few games being region-exclusive but many shared between regions). the process is a pain in the ass though, i'd wait and see if the modified fbi gets an update to make it more stable.
>>
>>322614150
sorry, 9.3+ rather

and without downgrading, rather
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.