[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So japanese can make a character that looks human after all.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: james.jpg (4 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
james.jpg
4 KB, 298x169
So japanese can make a character that looks human after all. Why are they so hell bent on pink haired ''I'm a skinny 170cm tall manlet but actually I'm a powerfull warrior with ebin random quirks'' kids? This isn't original it's just fucking stupid if a western studio tried that shit people would ridicule them but where it comes to japan then suddenly it's ebin oriental culture.
>>
>>322611407
Shut the fuck up retard
>>
Because Japanese people value the potential of video games, which does not include making realism simulators that I'm sure you enjoy.
>>
>>322611564
Gooks make shit games, have terrible writing and west is best deal with it fatso.
>>
> This isn't original it's just fucking stupid

And a completely normal man with no other defining attributes is? I don't care how "generic" you think anime archetypes are, the character in your picture is in literally zero way unique or definitive. His story may be, but he could easily have the same story in the form of any of those anime archetypes you so hate, only some people would be able to recognize his design in the latter, whereas the former is unrecognizable to all except for the most die-hard fans looking with the knowledge that it's going to be Silent Hill.
>>
>>322611407
MGS, SH, and RE are like the holy trinity of "westaboo" games. Japan just likes being creative with shit, even if it's wacky and outlandish
>>322611641
>West is best
Explain Fallout 4
>>
>>322611641
Ameriburgers have shittier gameplay per game than Japs, and their writing, 99.999% of the time, is just as heavily drowned in flavorless archetypes, only without color, definitive attributes, or memorable elements beyond middleschool philosophy.
>>
Except western studios have done that and nobody said shit

youre just retarded
>>
>>322611641

Name video games with good writing and why you think so
>>
>>322611641
>western "games"
>>
>>322611641
I would like to remind you of every European platformer ever made

honestly id like to remind to of the amiga in fucking general

thing was awful but yet euros praise the thing
>>
File: 1368688262263.gif (242 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1368688262263.gif
242 KB, 500x281
>Japs make characters predominantly anime
>Many studios make their designs less anime and more "realistic" in design, while still retaining cartoonish elements
>Other studios go much further and erase cartoony/colorful elements, yielding games with photorealistic (though still idealized) designs and imagery
>Japs run the gamut, but whenever they step outside of the stereotype, Americlaps masturbate viciously over it

I don't get why American'ts are so obsessed with the same aesthetic, and will literally never accept that there's others in the world. You can have your Silent Hills and your Dark Souls' and your Dragons Dogmas at the same time as your Ateliers and your Etrian Odyssey's and your Dynasty Warriors'.
>>
>>322611407

They've made games with lots of art styles. Check out From Software's games for instance.

The "Anime" art style happens to be popular because there are a lot of loser males in Japan. The population is aging, there are less kids and teens. They make products for what the demand is. This is why a lot of nerd media (comics, games, animation, etc) are done in this style. I really don't care for any of it. But it's what sells.

A lot of these games are friend and girlfriend simulators for very pathetic people. Like I was watching this cat girl game visual novel and the cat girls just worshipped the male, had no motivations or interests outside of this. How much of a fucking loser do you need to play that and take it seriously? Those voices hurt my head too.

My favorite games are always the Japanese games set in Western settings that look like they could be made by Western devs. The Japanese are some of the best when it comes to art design, stories, sprites, etc.

Also check out anime from 1975-2000, especially OVAs and films. Cyber City Oedo is a nice example.
>>
I love the "realism is creative original" meme.
Eat shit and die, normalfags.
>>
>>322612223
>my favorite Japanese games are games that don't look Japanese so my normalfag friends don't make fun of me
>>
>>322612223
there are still anime done in normal styles with normal hair colors and people

Black Lagoon
Amagami SS
Parasite
Welcome to the NHK
True Tears
>>
>>322612201
>tfw there are people on /v/ who can't into both East and West styles
I wonder what it must be like to live every day being endlessly angry
>>
>>322611641
You could at least put some effort into it
>>
>>322612504
>can't into both
>endlessly angry
How does it feel to delude yourself into feeling above both?
>>
>>322612327
I don't get this logic. I get that anime archetypes are generic, but how on earth is bland realism generic? Someone just google searched "Medieval Armor" or "1XX0's Fashion" and drew up a design based on that. There isn't any thought or creativity in any way, especially when the archetypes are still prevalent. I can't even begin to describe how many WRPGs I've played with the same Beer-Drinkin' Chip On His Shoulder dwarf, Proud And Arrogant Yet Loyal To His Friends elf, Rough And Tough Shit-Talkin' female human, Oblivious But Very Curious construct/alien equivalent, and Colorless Blank Sheet Create-A-Character protagonist, only switch them around racially to fit the setting.
>>
>>322612651
I think he's refering to
>generic military soldier guy with shitty machinegun choice and more pouches than necessary #54729
>>
>>322611787
Fallout 4 is the best RPG in history you pleb.
>>
File: 1451914458772.jpg (273 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1451914458772.jpg
273 KB, 800x800
>>322612201
>>
>>322612948
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>322612786
Sorry, I meant to say "isn't" generic. It's aggressively generic and almost painful for me to read others seeing it as unique or inventive in any way.
>>
>>322611407
>after all
You're just now hearing about Silent Hill? And now you're acting smug about it? Why they fuck isn't this bannable?
>>
"anime art" is a fucking dumb term in the first place.

Like, fuck. What do the people who use this term define stuff like GiTS, Patlabor, or shit like that? Mamoru Oshii-ish hyper-realism style? It's still fucking anime. same thing with shit like Yuasa or Kon. Who the fuck are you to decide what is "anime art" and what is not?

Do they just think a whole country draws the exact same shit in the exact same style or something? Do these people not know how drawing works?

Fucking retards.
>>
>>322613201
Silent Hill is a pretty obscure series desu if you ask anyone about horror games they will mention classics such as Five Nights at Freddy or Slender if not the movie no one would even know about SH
>>
>>322612396
it can't be that games that don't look Japanese also have different design sensibilities that appeal to a larger western audience?
>>
>>322613364
No I'm still banking on my opinion being right.
>>
>>322613323
Because they need a term used to fuel their shitposts and ignorant opinions.
>>
>>322613359
>Silent Hill is a pretty obscure series desu
Not really. If you played video games semi regularly before the COD era then you'd have probably heard of Silent Hill. Remember there was a time when live-action movies were coming out? Remember how SH games had been coming out semi-regularly for quite a while? Remember how Pyramid head and his rape scenes were circulating everywhere?

I think you and OP are just too young is the problem.
>>
>>322611407
it's so adorable seeing children on this board. I bet little baby wabey counts himself as a feminist too!
>>
It's easier to create stylized 3D characters as opposed to realistic ones that don't like shit. Japs don't have much budget, unlike those western companies that throw millions away into good looking but badly designed games.
>>
File: Art_Style_Chart.jpg (3 MB, 2417x1984) Image search: [Google]
Art_Style_Chart.jpg
3 MB, 2417x1984
>>322613323
You're talking about people who cannot distinguish between artstyles, they are absolutely beyond help.
>>
>>322616003
It's all the same shit.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.