[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck am I supposed to do this? I killed the taurus demon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
File: 2016-01-04_00001.jpg (539 KB, 2240x1400) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_00001.jpg
539 KB, 2240x1400
How the fuck am I supposed to do this?
I killed the taurus demon, the gargoyles, rang the bell. But these fuckers two shot me and I deal 16 damage, 16 FUCKING DAMAGE.
>>
Run past them or backstab them off the ledge.
>>
>>322604050
get good? Seriously tho it's an e-z fight. Stop using pleb tier weapon.
>>
>>322604050
>Not even in proper Blighttown yet
>Already bitching

I'll be eagerly awaiting your next thread, OP.
>>
Make sure you repair and upgrade your weapon
>>
>>322604247
Also i dont think you have enough stats to weild the gargoyle axe so that may be why.
>>
Because dark souls is a shit game with parody levels of extreme difficulty.
Uninstall that piece of shit and find something else to play. Something actually fun.
>>
>>322604050
Atleast try to run past them before bitching.
>>
>>322604858
he does, there's no X over his weapon
>>
>>322604247
>>322604858
Is it important to upgrade the weapons?

Anyway, they were actually easy, but I just ragequit. Is it me or it's simply not possible to get down the ladder without getting hit by a poison dart? And wtf is this shit, infinite poison and nothing can be done about it.
>>
>>322604050
gargoyle axe is trash. Get a zweihander and it will carry you through the game
>>
>>322605065
>he took the masterkey on his first playthrough
retard
>>
>>322605065
Have you found the spider shield yet? It is found in the depths and can block the toxic darts quite well compared to other sheilds. You can also cure toxic and poison with purple moss and blooming purple moss
>>
>>322605241
i feel like picking that nerd akctuaallly pic but i dont have it.

the master key is most useful for new players. Once you know where the keys are its not that useful unless you are doing a speedrun.

Other facts that people seem to not be aware of include: the deprived is a very noob friendly class
and thats all i can think of right now. glad i got that off my chest.
>>
File: Blacksmith_Andre.jpg (23 KB, 353x304) Image search: [Google]
Blacksmith_Andre.jpg
23 KB, 353x304
>>322605065
It's more important to upgrade the weapons than it is to upgrade the character.
>>
>>322604050

The Master Key is for experienced players. You are not supposed to be there yet. Get out and explore some of the other areas, there's another entrance to the Blighttown you'll come across later.
>>
>>322605437
>the master key is most useful for new players
No, not really, it can be overwhelming to have all the way opened for you and no idea where to go next.
>>
>>322604050
OP, it seems that you have taken a wrong turn and that your approaching blightown in the wrong direction. Have you been through undead lower burg yet? There you will find a key that leads to the depths which you need to go through first before taking on blightown. Also dont listen to other anons when it comes to choice of weapons, just try different ones until you find a moveset that you like and then stick to that. Make sure that you upgrade and repair weapons at Andre in the parish oe buy items from him so that you can do it at any bonfire instead.
>>
>>322605437
>the master key is most useful for new players
No. It's intended for people who already cleared the game so they can cut time.
>>
>>322605065
Upgrading is extreeeeeemely important.

Your stats are worthless if the weapon isn't strong enough to benefit from them.
>>
>>322604050
use your shield you moron
>>
>>322604050

Try to remember the basics of Sols PvP.
Circle strafe with your shield raised.
>>
File: 1439740552161.gif (2 MB, 205x221) Image search: [Google]
1439740552161.gif
2 MB, 205x221
>>322605003
>Dark Souls
>extreme levels of difficulty
>>
The master key should have been an unlock for beating the game.
>>
>>322605493
Ok i'll go do that.

>>322605407
No, now I'm lost in the valley of the drakes, and I got a path that lead to blighttown, one that leads to firelink shrine and one that leads to the water area with the fucking noclip ghosts. I'm kinda pissed off, and the horrible hitboxes aren't helping. There's also a path that goes to the forest with the ents, and I either come accross and hydra that one shots me from the other side of the map, or a locked door with a fat knight behind it that rek my ass. And under the blacksmith there's this fucking butterfly that makes me mad as fuck.

>>322605809
>>322605830
I'm noob but even I managed to figure that out. My problem was just the beyond pathetic damage, so little I realised there has to be something wrong. Enemies are easy, they just take so much time it gets frustrating. But I'll go upgrade my weapon now.
>>
File: seinfield.jpg (119 KB, 495x498) Image search: [Google]
seinfield.jpg
119 KB, 495x498
>>322605576
It's ironic that you say that because the only people that would have that problem would be as that other anon(?) described "retarded". Following simple logic one could reason out that any door one used the master key on was a door that the player was not ready to go through yet so they would need to proceede with caution and maybe abandon that path if it was too hard.

Ill spurge out some more and say what the master key is good for, i may be wrong because i havnt actually picked the master key for a few years so feel free to correct me.
the master key
>opens the shortcut to blightown which means you can get to blighttown before fighting the tauros demon. thats it just the tauros demon as far as bosses go.
>the master key doesnt open the door on the bridge leading to the lower burg wih the capra demon? cant remember
>it allows the player to get to havel before fighting the moonlight butterfly by opening the door in the tower before the tauros demon
>it opens the door to the prison cell in the church, which is only useful if you didnt pick up the key in the normal path or did an experienced player move by going the other route
>im now aware of how interesting a prison cell in a church is
>something which can be very useful for new players is the master key can open the door to the bonfire just before the dragon in the sewers.
>this is super handy for new players because the sewers is very disorienting if you are visiting it for the first time. but its nearly useless for experienced players because the key is actually a 20 second or so walk away.

One big advantage with the master key is it opens up the way to new easy to access treasure which isnt a big deal if you are experienced but can be very helpful if you are struggling in the game.
>>
>>322606452
Ok, do you remember the bridge where the red dragon was at? At the far end of that bridge where you first meet an NPC there is a locked door. If youve beaten the gargoyles you should be able to open that door with a key youve found. This is where you should go next.
>>
>>322606994

It honestly doesn't sound like he even made it to the bonfire under the wyvern because he assumed he had to kill it.
>>
>>322606994
Have have tons of fun with the capra demon...
>>
>>322607246
And* have
>>
>>322606994
Oooh, I think I see. I took the stairs and killed the rats because the dragon didn't want to move or spit fire. Then there's the "church" with the priest guy and the zombies and the gargoyles at the end. From there, were is the bridge bonfire?
>>
File: 1427458462733.jpg (66 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
1427458462733.jpg
66 KB, 500x440
>>322607246
>watching a blind playthrough
>just before capra demon, once the person finds the sorcerer the person decides to become a sorcerer now and replaces all their gear with poise with robes
>mfw
>>
>>322604050
>I killed the taurus demon, the gargoyles
Those are just normal mobs
>>
>>322605065
Upgrading your weapon is so much more important then leveling up.
>>
>>322607375
Yeah, you can use the same way to get back to the bridge. Go from the church with the gargoyles, through the courtyard with the pig and then under the bridge youll reach the staircase that leads to the top level of the bridge. Now theres two ways to get back to the far end of the bridge, either you make a run for it or you wait until the dragon landsnon the bridge and then you run.
>>
>>322605724
it hardly cuts any time though. I mean what bosses does the master key allow you to skip that you would otherwise have to fight?
the tauros demon.
woopdeedoo m8
>>
>>322604050
run past them, lol
>>
>>322604050
Blightown entrance is the other way, don't gimp your first playthrough.

Or just go that way, i will never do blighttown the right way. Anyway run past them
>>
>>322607910
It lets you cut out capra, gaping dragon, depths and the nasty part of blightown though...
>>
>>322609592
you dont need the master key to cut out that part anon.
>>
>>322605003
>with parody levels of extreme difficulty.

The game is not hard. Stop your meming right there you pleb scum. The only reason this is a meme is because one fairly new game went against the circlejerk of handholding and no difficulty at all. That doesn't mean the game is hard or anything.
>>
>>322606452
You are going the wrong way dude. You've missed like two entire areas with bosses. Don't go to blight town yet.
>>
>>322609692
How do you go to blightown without beating the gaping dragon? Without the fucking masterkey.
>>
>>322609692
I just remembered that you go through havel > woods > valley > blightown instead... Nevermind
>>
OP here, it's not hard actually.
I upgraded my weapon and can now kill knight in 4 hits instead of 12, and normal enemies die in one hit.

I got to the other side of the bridge, and opened the huge door behind the boar that leads to the church.

I'll go try to kill the butterfly now, even tho I can't dodge a single one of his spells, they just lock on me.
>>
>>322604050
you're not supposed to enter through there on your first playthrough. Go back to where Solaire was and open the door right before the drake bridge
>>
>>322610331
Thats the wrong side of the bridge, i meant that you should go to the other side that you came from after defeating the taurus demon. Where you first met Solaire. But you could try your hands on the butterfly now since its kot really that linear. Just make sure you dont miss out on the lower undead burg.
>>
>>322605493
>not posting best blacksmith
>>
>>322610560
Forge your weapons?
>>
>>322610331
you have to roll. The lower your equip load the easier it is to roll away (through) attacks is. i think the breakpoint for best roll is under 25% load. second best is 50% load. i usually just keep below 50% and do fine but pvp people will mock you for not being below 25%. i think those are the percentages im not sure anymore.
>>
>>322610560
Forge I can... Strong, I am...
>>
>>322610560
>>322610629
Nighty-night...
>>
>>322605065
>And wtf is this shit, infinite poison and nothing can be done about it
You can buy poison curing moss from a lady at the end of lower burg which you're supposed to go to after ringing the bells, but you went into Blighttown from the back entrance with the master key.
>>
>>322604050
>>322605493
>>322610560
jesuschrist what a shitty graphics
>>
>>322610269
Not that guy but you could run there at level one.
Take the darkroot passage from the blacksmith, go towards the hydra, past the black knight and down the elevator, run past the drakes and bam, blighttown backdoor.
On a faith run it's efficient to do almost that to get the astora sword.
>>
>>322610860
jesuscuraist what a shitty grammar
>>
>>322610860
Luckily the graphics are one of the least important aspects of the souls series. But lets hope for a DeS/DaS remake on PS4
>>
>>322610860
Graphics are kinda shit, but the art direction is fucking godly
>>
>>322611661
>>322611571
Remember the time before the pc port and the textures looked 'bad'because the game was up scaled 720? Remember when the port came out and the textures were surprisingly high resolution for a console port, and people found out there was zero actual change in the textures besides increased AA and resolution?

I don't know why, but it was funny back then that the graphics and textures were better than the console resolution could show.
>>
>>322605241
>I've used the master key every run
>did the blighttown skip every time

What am I even missing?
>>
>>322612708
First.time playing Dark souls on PS3 i actually thought the graphics were rrally good, but the optimisation was shit, especially in areas like blightown
>>
you on steam? you can summon me and i'll help :)
>>
>>322613547
The ninja set, the laito, the sealer set, power within pyromancy and the whip is all i can think of right now.
>>
>>322613621
It wasn't really an optimization issue, the ai just shits itself when exposed to wide open areas and causes framerate buffering.
>>
>>322614052
Really? I vaugely remember an anon who dug around the code/gamefiles saying it was because of the devs forgetting to limit draw distance in certain areas and when it comes to blightown the consoles start shitting themselves due to constant load-ins of enemy pathing and objects.
>>
>>322613547
The best area in the game as long as you're playing on a decent PC.
>>
>>322614052
Optimization is shit in DaS1.
You know how usually the collision meshes in games are very simplified versions of the ones you see visually? Physics are very expensive to calculate, so a bunch of boxes are used instead of the actual shape.
Well, when people were making the map viewer for this game, they've found out that collision was really, really detailed. So detailed in fact, that they could use it in the viewer instead of the render-meshes.
Like, Individual branches and cobblestones are visible. The metal fence in the Depths has collision on each individual bar.
Download the viewer yourself and check it out.

This is extremely inefficient. Blighttown is a 10-fps town partially because of that.
>>
>>322615150
but why did they do this? seems like a retarded thing to do

i'm no dev but, why wouldn't they simplify those hitboxes?
>>
>>322615150
Am i correct in saying that limiting the draw distance for certain areas would help correct this issue?
>>
>>322614052
>its not an optimization issue, its just an optimization issue with something else

ok then bud, nice one trying to sound smart
>>
>>322615336
Well, one reason I can think of is that they probably wanted the collision to be very close to what the player can actually see.
But there is collision in places that player can't reach. And there are some parts that are flat and could be done with with something like a single plane, but are made from multiple parts for some reason.
So I think that they have decided not to spend time making collisions and just just used slightly simplified level geometry. The game had a very tight development schedule after all.

>>322615453
Limiting draw distance in some places would help, yea. Less stuff to render equals better performance.
But I also think that they decided not to do LODs for a lot of stuff. Basically, objects that are far away are replaced with a version with less triangles in them. When the player comes closer, the model is switched back to the high-res version.
The model "popping" that can be seen in games, is the LOD switch, since different LODs have slightly different shapes.
They probably decided not to do this either because of the time constraints, or because enemies would fall of the ledges due to the shape change or something.
>>
>>322615150
Well shit, I guess my info is too dated. That was the only explanation we had before people started wanting a port.
>>
>>322613547
Fuck all.
>>
>>322616335
Well, you are also correct. See my explanation about distance in >>322616178
>>
OP here, just killed Capra demon on my second try, then died 5 times on the fucking dogs then ragequit. I went back to Firelink Shrine, explored the graveyard and killed the giant skeletons. When I took the stairs I went into the catacombs, am I supposed to be there? The skeletons are immortal and there are floating heads making explosions.

Should I go back and explore the depths? Is there a bonfire? I'm tired of walking accross the entire map everytime.
>>
>>322616742
I'd recommend going to the depths next, but first be sure to open the shortcut from the depths to the firelink bonfire
>>
>>322616742
I think you are supposed to go to the Catacombs before going to Anor Londo. There are non-respawning mobs that you have to kill in order to make the skellies stop respawning. So you can basically rush them, die, and then proceed normally.
>>
>>322617339
>I think you are supposed to go to the Catacombs before going to Anor Londo
But getting back without the lordvessel is a huge pain in the ass
>>
>>322617423
And going there after Pikachu and Snorlax is just too easy.
>>
>>322604050
literally backstabbing the tutorial
>>
>>322617423
just do the drop to reach pinwheel in 1 minute, then kill him and bone out

having 20 flasks makes o/s loads easier
>>
>>322616742
Keep exploring the depths OP, there is a bonfire there. Also i would stop reading this thread in case of more spoilers. Half the fun is exploring and figuring out where to go. Good luck!
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.