[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to play this. What should I expect /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: code_name_steam_box_art.jpg (307 KB, 699x639) Image search: [Google]
code_name_steam_box_art.jpg
307 KB, 699x639
about to play this. What should I expect /v/?
>>
Disappointment.
>>
A game that plays similarly to Valkyrai Chronicles, with American history and culture references abound.

It honestly deserved to do better.
>>
File: good one batman.jpg (33 KB, 535x355) Image search: [Google]
good one batman.jpg
33 KB, 535x355
>>322603467
>It honestly deserved to do better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knhqCE5o-IM
>>
Like a thousand sales in Japan, lmao.
Those are XBONE numbers.
>>
>>322603337
I would have gotten this game if it had a better setting and art style, or if it at least played like a real SRPG, i.e. bird's-eye view and a cursor to control your units.
>>
>>322603337
Slowwwwwwwww
>>
>>322604349
CLANKIN
>>
>>322603337
dissapointment
>>
>>322603337
I personally enjoy it, but slow-ish strategy is a good thing for me. They did fix the enemy turn speed with a patch, it's even better on a n3DS. The Fire Emblem amiibos are kind of a must, they play very differently from the rest of the cast.

I like it. it's fun. Not GotY, but fun.
>>
The first two chapters are awful. You can't heal, there's infinitely respawning enemies, your guns take two turns to kill anything, everything is on overwatch, and they all deal about 16 of your 50 or so health a hit.

Once you recruit Lion and Native American it gets better, but you still have mortar aliens that teleport in front of you randomly and enemies still pretty much two-shot you for a long while.
>>
>>322605068
Filtered
>>
>>322604864
>it's fun
Here we go.
>>
>>322605545

if you want specifics I think the focus on small squads is refreshing, the aiming is precise enough to do some tough shots while still having the danger of missing present so it's still challenging. Having no one level up means that specific party members are always useful in different situations even if you don't use them for much else. The asthetics are alright, but voice-acting is meh bordering on bad, but it controls tight and has some very satisfying moments, with the overall strategy aspect being tricky, but not overly so.

fuck you.
>>
>>322605815
That's all you had to do originally.
Wasn't so hard was it?
>>
File: 1294562616705.jpg (96 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1294562616705.jpg
96 KB, 323x323
>baaww I have to wait for enemy to have their turn
I swear people here are underaged, have never played a turnbased game before and have ADHD. What a joke.
>>
>>322606104
Wouldn't be an issue if they'd hurry the fuck up, even with the speed up patch.
Not like this is an issue unique to CNS, but you'd think IS of all companies would be able to avoid this.
>>
More fun if you ignore the checkpoints entirely
>>
File: codenamesteamtierlist.png (676 KB, 785x1880) Image search: [Google]
codenamesteamtierlist.png
676 KB, 785x1880
>>
>>322606670
Damn, Ike is that bad?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.