[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You only hate games because you focus on the bad parts and ignore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Chinman.jpg (27 KB, 216x311) Image search: [Google]
Chinman.jpg
27 KB, 216x311
You only hate games because you focus on the bad parts and ignore everything else.
>>
You can't ignore things that don't exist.

All parts are bad. And that's not just for games. Everything is bad. Every single thing.
>>
Sometimes the good outweighs the bad
Sometimes the bad outweighs the good
Sometimes you should just give up and realize everything will not be okay
>>
>>322602438
>Sometimes the good outweighs the bad

This is all determined by your state of mind, whether you let it bother you or not.

You are not a critic, you are merely trying to enjoy a game. Why focus on the negative?
>>
>>322602627
Everyone is a critic sempie desu, and nothing is free from it.
There is no license to criticism as far as I am aware.

>Why focus on the negative?
Because sometimes a game reaches a point where it can no longer be ignored. A point of negativity in which the positive is too hard to find.
>>
I only hate games because I'm too old to play them and require different stimulation.
>>
>>322603187
you hate games because nobody jerks you off while you play???
>>
>>322602627
Game developers speculate that some bad aspects would be tolerated in favor of the good parts. The problem is when they assume badly, and people in general dislike something they though it would pass by.
>>
>>322603292
It's 2016 and gaming still hasn't matured enough to provide me with sexual stimulation through activating pleasure centers in my brain. Come on.
>>
but I don't hate games
>>
>>322603392
This, of course, leading to the assumption that the games with the most good things about them are inevitably going to be flawed.
>>
>>322602018

but my favorite game is STALKER, it has more bad parts than your favorite game has good parts but still manages to be fucking amazing.
>>
Hey man I really tried to enjoy bioshick infinite considering I loved the fuck out of 2 and its multiplayer. I got the game for free too but it just was not fun at all to play. It felt like it was completely off the mark in terms of gameplay and story. The previous ones tried to have a realistic story(everything in its universe had some limit) where in infinite it felt like they were just going lolsorandum. Like the guy said above, sometimes the bad outweighs the good.
>>
>>322603521
They are always flawed, some more than others... we should name games and others find flaws as they were the worst game ever
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 731x1158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 731x1158
>>322602018
>game comes out
>play it
>the bad clearly outweighs the good
>can't hate it or you're just being a contrarian and your opinion doesn't matter
>>
>>322603448
Video games are better than sex. Unless you're a girl and sex has even more benefits.
>>
>>322602018
more like the bad parts overcome the good parts so hard that the whole game suffers from it

think about it in this way, your parents nurtured you with the best wishes, effort, education, time, and even so you still turned out how you actually are, a huge dissapointment, even though you had so much poured into you, not because you have extra limbs or are missing them, not because you cannot walk, not because you are ugly as sin when you pretty much are average looking, but because the bad parts like playing videogames 24/7 and being socially awkward fuck up with your whole life

step it up senpai
>>
>>322603675
100% not the case on v. Its the opposite
>>
>>322603675
The go-to response when discussing any video game is going to be the same critique posted yesterday and the day before.

In some cases it's not even true, like Monster Hunter being too grindy (you can beat any monster with any weapon, the grind comes from getting top-tier equipment)
>>
>>322604038
It's not, that's 100% the case on /v/. It's been like this for years now

>if you can ignore the bad gameplay, it's a great game
>it's good for what it is
>I always thought the slowdown made the scenes more epic looking
>It gets better after the 30 hour mark
>Why would you play it for more than 30 hours if you hated it
>Even though the game holds your hand all the time, it's still VERY CHALLENGING
>Why are you giving negative feedback? You're testing a beta; you haven't played the real game!
>you didn't like the gameplay because you couldn't understand the story
>it's a good game, just not a good [series name] game
>If you hate backtracking you hate exploration, they're the same thing!
>im going to buy this shitty game just to spite people on /v/
>stop being so entitled
>Go play Big Rigs then let's see you call this a bad game
>You're just saying you don't like that game because you're parroting [person on internet]!
>Or to be contrarian!
>Liking that game? Wow, way to blindly follow the crowd
>If you don't like it then don't buy it

>I can enjoy bad games because I'm not bitter

that last one pisses me off. People play bad games and claim theyre good games. It's like, you might as well eat shit because flies do it if you think that. It's like, go play a good game, and then go play that, and tell me if you still think that. But then again these are the same people who think quake 3 take no skill to play and is too twitchy or some shit.

>>322604213

Any game that takes actual skill is guaranteed to be misrepresented by a large amount of neo /v/irgins. Also see: Fighting games.
>>
>>322604213
Im gonna have to disagree slightly with you there. I love monster hunter but it'd be flat out lying if you say you don't have to hunt the same monster multiple times to get a full set of armor. Took me 7+ diablos hunts to get the armor set just before HR. Turns out it wasn't even worth it.
>>
>>322604473
But don't you see that the armor is completely optional? You can upgrade a basic set well beyond what's necessary to finish the game.

People grind because it's fun, not because they have to.
>>
>>322604384
Nailed it.
Nailed all of it.
>>
>>322604562
Nobody's going to use the basic sets because the skills and slots fucking suck shit and defense barely matters in G rank anyways.
>>
>>322604384
So? Just because they responded doesn't mean people listen to them.

Personally, if someone had to resort to "if you can ignore the bad gameplay" I'm going to side with the other guy or jump in to make a proper argument.
>>
>>322604678
Skills are optional, slots are optional. How are you unable to comprehend this?

Basic ores and bugs can let you craft well-defended sets with awesome shit like Evade or critical eye in under fifteen minutes.
>>
>>322604562
We both know that upgrading a basic set will hardly get you anywhere in the game. Skills and gems are essential once you get into high rank, nothing about the armor is optional other than the aesthetics. And don't throw the whole "if you can dodge every attack then armor doesn't matter!" I love the game but at points it can get very grindy.
>>
>>322604754
>So? Just because they responded doesn't mean people listen to them.
That doesn't stop it from being common defenses for a lot of games. They're essentially criticism deflections that stop any discussion dead in its tracks.
>>
>>322604907
I never grind in MH.
>>
>>322604835
>Skills are optional
Yeah okay, bullshit.
>Basic ores and bugs can let you craft well-defended sets with awesome shit like Evade or critical eye in under fifteen minutes.
WRONG
>>
>>322605097
Yeah, you just action replay all your shit in and play hacked easy-mode quests.
>>
>>322602627
You're basically telling people they shouldn't have any standards. Sorry, but flaws are not merely relative that you can whisk away through sheer brainpower. "You're not a critic" is a terrible fucking argument, I"m still going to notice shit that hampers my enjoyment like the controls not working or an RPG limiting me to binary choices hamhandedly.
>>
>>322605105
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Obituary_X_Armor_%28Blade%29

>>322605182
No, I just don't get hit more than twice in a row
>>
>>322605097
Can you honestly backpedal anymore than you have in this thread?
>>
>>322605267
The problem is that I am 100% correct while you are all wrong, yet you pretend to be right because you have never thought of playing MH without grinding. I cannot argue against people who don't know what they're talking about.
>>
File: 1.jpg (129 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
129 KB, 2560x1440
>>322605351
Looks like I was wrong about my previous statement, you have. Brava my friend.
>>
>>322605214
>basic bugs and ores
>G rank
>Blazing Fire Sac x4, DeadlyPoisonSac x10, Lightning Sac x4, Paralysis Sac x3, FireWyvrn BrnStm x3
Do you even read the shit you copy-paste before you hit "Post"?
>>
>>322605769
>What are key quests
>>
>>322606134
>implying you are going to get all of that shit in a single go of each key quest
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>322606231
He's back pedaled far enough for today anon. I think we've proven him retarded enough.
>>
I'd focus on Megaman's bad parts, if you know what I man.
>>
>>322602018
I hate games because they're failing to provide a long lasting distraction from my life.
>>
File: backpedaling.gif (568 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
backpedaling.gif
568 KB, 480x270
>>322605351
>>
>>322607009
Boss refight gauntlets with no difference between the initial fights and the refights?
For fuck's sake, man. Even just ONE new move and/or attack would be nice.
>>
>>322602018
I hate that Megaman has died
>>
>>322608078
He's alive in the hearts of "indie" devs.
>>
>>322608270
I'd rather he stay dead than that kind of fate.
>>
>>322608331
Me too, anon.
Just like Master Higgins.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.