[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that makes the Dragon Quest games so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (452 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
452 KB, 1440x900
What is it that makes the Dragon Quest games so good?
>>
>>322599679
it reminds me of Dragon Ball
>>
>>322599679
story, characters, they don't try to be edgy as fuck, it is basically DB, and how you get to grow up in some of them, for example V spans 3 generations, you watch your father wreck shit and travel alongside him as a kid, you watch him die, you grow up, get married, have kids, your kid ends up strong as fuck, so much that he saves you when you get turned into stone
>>
>>322599679
Sound effect. I'm fucking serious.
>>
Nothing, they are actually shit.
>>
>>322602413
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>322599679
it's drawn by the guy who did Dragonball and DBZ. And i really liked those as a kid
>>
>>322599679
If you want a standard classic JRPG a lot of the DQ games are pretty good.
>>
Consistency.
You think this is a bad thing but if you got a good thing going why change it. Instead of revamping each iteration DQ just adds upon itself. Experimentation tends to go in the spin-off series.

I liked having at least 1 JRPG series that just kept it simple. Something reliable without worry of change.
>>
>>322599679
Solid gameplay.
Charming aesthetics and storytelling.
Not cinematic driven.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvCVAp2jE1E
>>
>>322602981
>Instead of revamping each iteration DQ just adds upon itself.
What is DQ8
>>
>>322603437
The worst dq game
>>
>>322603792
That's not 9.
>>
File: bait.jpg (753 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
753 KB, 2560x1920
>>322603792
>>
>>322603853
Of course not, he said worst. That's obviously going to be 6.
>>
>>322603958
Only idiots hate 6.
>>
charm, comfiness, the grand sense of adventure, they are pretty barebones gameplay wise but you just feel good and happy playing them
>>
>>322603853
Indeed it isnt.
>>
Alena's thighs and butt.
>>
>>322604036
Or people who don't like bad pacing, bad class systems or shit characters (Carver excluded).
>>
>>322605091
was 6 too hard for you? most kids skip 6 because muh grinding
>>
>>322605091
>bad class systems
The only thing bad about it is the level cap system.
If you're keeping up a good pace, you'll be getting your skills and spells soon enough.
>or shit characters (I literally have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. How do I equip properly? How do I choose classes for each respective character? I am so confused. What is the point of Blazemost/kafrizzle? Why is everyone taking so long to get to Hero class? What are class passives and how do they work?)
Fixed
>>
>>322599679
It's a very good stress reliever for me.
I love playing through DQ2
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.