[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Japan hates Metroidvanias? Metroid flopped and stopped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: review_02.gif (48 KB, 512x446) Image search: [Google]
review_02.gif
48 KB, 512x446
How come Japan hates Metroidvanias? Metroid flopped and stopped getting games, Castlevania flopped and stopped getting games, La Mulana had to be discovered by some third-rate let's player in the west before getting a fanbase and so on.
>>
japan is weird

on the other hand they made chelsea and the seven devils and a few other metroidvania dojin games so I fucking have no idea
>>
Japan hates video games
>>
Regardless of the quality of the games that come out of their studios the actual Japanese playerbase are the epitome of shit.
>>
>>322598460
They're the ones who made all of these games.
>>
>>322598491
But they love the best Final fantasy and enjoy hardcore games like Monster Hunter.

Maybe that's it? Maybe they hated SM and SOTN because they were too easy?
>>
>Metroidvanias
Can someone please kindly explain to me what this means?
>>
Because Japan and it's people are petty, strange and infantile with an undue sense of cultural superiority based on nothing.
>>
I wonder where most of the funding for Bloodstained came from
>>
>>322598847
Maze of Galious ripoffs. Generally 10/10 material.
>>
I've never really played much Metroidvania games, but from what I can tell outside of a few RPGs they aren't really big fans of exploration and prefer collecting type games.
>>
>>322598847
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Metroidvania
>inb4hurr
>>
>>322597789
Unless it's mobage it's guaranteed to flop in Japan.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.