[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Massive amount of hype, hailed as the second coming of OoT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 23
File: twilightprincess.png (272 KB, 292x411) Image search: [Google]
twilightprincess.png
272 KB, 292x411
>Massive amount of hype, hailed as the second coming of OoT during development
>Now remembered by many as a lackluster, casualized disappointment of a game

What went wrong?
>>
the Wii version was made
>>
Fuck you, I liked it.
>>
>>322579129
>What went wrong?
pretty much everything beside the art style and 1 or 2 dungeons.
>>
>>322579129

i dont even know

empty world? moreso than OoT which was a generation behind it?

No post game? Like 4-6 dungeons too?

Wind Waker is a good game, but it started the trend that current Zeldas take, and it's pretty lazy if you ask me
>>
>>322579129
The release.
It was postponed for wii.
It was hyped up too much as well.
>>
>>322579129
Bland overworld, useless items, double clawshot.

Don't get me wrong, the double clawshot is a fine idea but devoting an entire dungeon to slight upgrade of an item you already have is bullshit. You should have gotten both one dungeon or, alternatively gotten the second one outside of a dungeon.
>>
Beginning of the game takes forever and kills all momentum. Washed out boring aesthetic. Doesn't do anything especially new, Wolf didn't actually add much to the gameplay since he controls and fights almost exactly the same. He was essentially an item unto himself.
>>
I really enjoyed it. Fuck the haters!
>>
>>322579129
To call it the "second coming of OoT" is the ultimate insult to TP.

OoT is a shitty game that ruined the action / adventure genre by popularizing Z-targeting / lock-on mechanics. This ultimately lead to aim assist / auto-aim, and other similar mechanics. Games such as Chivalry as how swordplay was supposed to be done in games. None of this "lock-on" bullshit.

OoT's puzzles are weak, such as "push the block in the hole", and "press the switch". The combat is pretty much just spam B to win, and people defend this shit by cherrypicking the few enemies you can't just spam to death and / or defending it on the basis that it's an old game so we have to be understanding and forgive it for its bad combat mechanics.

TP's story, combat mechanics, puzzles, visuals, lore, character design / writing, etc. are all infinitely better than that of OoT.

OoT is a paradox in game design. A fucking linear adventure game. Absolute trash concept. And no, it's not non-linear because you can get the items out of the dungeon then leave the dungeon. That would be like saying Mario is non-linear, on the basis that you can go to the end of the level, pointlessly go all the way back to the beginning of the level to get a mushroom, and then go to the end of the level again. There is no advantage to getting the item and leaving a dungeon, because you're going to have to come back and complete it eventually anyway, so you'll might as well finish everything while you're in there. The faux-nonlinearity is forced by the community, to make the game seem really advanced and ahead of its time. It's actually an extremely linear game. Want a good linear 3D Zelda? TP. SS. There ya go. OoT isn't one of them.
>>
>>322580817
>Z targeting is bad
OoT's combat is bad because of a lack of depth but the Z target is the one thing it did right and is perfect mechanically.
>>
>>322580817
isn't it past your bed time?
>>
>>322579129
Fuck you. The gamecube version was fantastic. Best 3D LoZ game.

B-b-but
>muh bland overworld
>muh items that you only you in the dungeons you get them in

Fuck you, it had the best fishing in the series, the best mini-games and easily the best dungeons in the series.
>>
>>322579129
everything that wasn't the dungeons basically

It honestly felt like two different teams made this game. One competent, and one incompetent.
>>
>>322580408
Its okay when OoT did it with the longshot
>>
>>322579129
the music was especially bad

Just embarrassing coming off of Wind Waker
>>
>>322579129
>casualized

It was the hardest of the 3d zeldas tho
>>
>>322579129
It was an ok game even if the initial hype didn't match what the final game was. I have yet to replay it.
>>
>>322582151
Because there weere sections of the overworld gated behind it, not just the dungeon.
>>
>>322579129
I liked it, thought it was great desu
>>
File: 1450328367983.gif (1 MB, 276x232) Image search: [Google]
1450328367983.gif
1 MB, 276x232
>best dungeons
>best bossfights
>best iteration of the zelda combat system (though still needs work)
>huge sprawling words, grease sense of scale
>tons of content
>varied game systems
>some of the most memorable characters to ever appear in a zelda game
>fantastic soundtrack

Twilight Princess has issues but I can't take anybody seriously when they say it was a bad game. It's not the most well rounded game, but it's a strong contender for the very best 3D Zelda due to its highs. It's a fantastic game.

Zelda fans shitpost about it because many of them have a hard on for Wind Waker, aka style-over-substance Zelda that is a strong conder for the worst in the 3D console series in actual gameplay.
>>
>>322580013
There's the first 3 dungeons
Then the second 4
Then the last 2
And it had stuff in between too, including but not limited to the wolf stuff.
>>
>>322580817
TP has Z targeting
TP is linear (at least OoT let you pick between Shadow and Spirit Temple)
>>
>>322581885
STARS was fun

the other minigames were pretty dull though. Nothing on Goron Racing
>>
Collecting the ten water droplets or whatever really sucked ass
>>
>>322582669
>Twilight Princess has issues but I can't take anybody seriously when they say it was a bad game.

I take it as something akin to the phenomenon whereby some people think cilantro tastes like dirt or soap or garbage. Fucking cilantro! Apparently it may be a genetic thing. There isn't a singular genetic component to liking or not liking TP, but it's very clear to me anyone who dislikes it experienced a very different game than I did.
>>
>>322582768

thats more dungeons than I remember, and it was still shorter than OoT
>>
>>322579129
I thought the shadow beast fights were repetitive
>>
>>322582669
>varied game systems
This is the problem with modern Zelda
Shoving a bunch of godawful filler into the main story

Zelda Team needs a goddamn editor
>>
>>322582929
>forgetting about the ball rolling game and the GOAT iteration of fishing in a LoZ game
>>
>>322579129
>For the most part the items from the dungeons were poorly done. Redundant and gimmicky.
>The Wolf form was poorly implemented.
>The game was on rails on a level much worse than the previous titles
>was too easy, even for a zelda game
>>
It feels like it takes 1000 years to get to the actual main quest so it seems like a chore to replay.
>>
I...I liked it quite a bit actualy :(
>>
>>322580408
as far as items go in that game i have to say the double clawshot was one of the few that were done right.
>>
>>322582954
a big part of it comes down to how old you were when you played it

People don't want to admit that shit, but most of the 3D Zeldas suffered the exact same problems. And all of them were kind of mediocre.
>>
>>322582976
Well OOT had first set of 3 then the second 6, and a third 1. So it's only one more unless I'm missing something, which I may be.
>>
>>322583292

I disagree. I played OoT (3D) a few years ago and loved it. I'm 24 now.

In fact I'm replaying TP again and it still blows me away.
>>
>>322582976
>>
Majoras mask had 4
>>
TP just had too much padding.
Like OOT takes like 5 minutes to get to the first dungeon and TP takes 5 hours to get out of the starting village.
I exaggerate, but it feels that way with how boring that starting part is. I thought OOT wasted my time a lot, TP is 10x more bloated. Shit got even worse with SS.
Shame though, cause TP has GOAT dungeons and some good bosses.
>>
>>322583372
there was the well,the ice cave,the gerudo base which were sort of mini dungeons.
>>
I think it was great

stop going to /v/ for consensus on games
>>
Holy cows, it's only now hitting me (thanks to OP's post) just how made to fail TP was.

>first thing Iwata does is delay the game for a year when it was finished. Depriving all the sick Zelda fans who might die of cancer before then of it, and harming Nintendo's image as a technical bar-raiser by waiting until AFTER 360 and PS3.
>released beyond the life-cycle of its native console.
>Gave the bird to left-handed fans by flipping the game to be right-handed. If it mattered enough to flip the game, why would it not matter enough that you shunned a sixth of your fans?
>Gave the bird to Gamecube and Zelda fans, so hard that the only way to get Twilight Princess on GCN in Japan was to order it online.
>NoA produced the worst translation work they have ever done on a game; removing entire plotlines, and adding cues about villains that don't exist into the text.
>Hyrule Historia released, attempting to retcon the in-game canon.
>Brady Games produced only a Collector's Guide for the Wii version. Meaning, the cloth map is flipped and not canon.
>Super Smash Bros. Brawl remade Link's model to be a blonde, Zelda an alien, and Ganondorf an African American man.
>Nintendo re-released only the Wii version of the game.

Literally everything has gone wrong with Twilight Princess that could.
>>
File: sotc overword.jpg (104 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
sotc overword.jpg
104 KB, 400x300
It probably didn't help that Okami and SotC both came out within 12 months, and both did so many thing better.

SOTC in terms of overworld design
Okami in terms of building a living world, and wold gameplay
And both games absolutely destroy it in terms of music.

TP had some great dungeons though. It delivered on that front.
>>
>>322583527
could a slow first 15-20 minutes really take away from the rest of the game though?
>>
>>322583372

OoT also had content other than dungeons to do, and continue doing. I could actually fuck around in OoT Hyrule, but not TP Hyrule

I admit, it might be because I was a kid at the time OoT dropped

>>322583503

And it was still a much more interesting game than TP, which is interesting itself, just not as much, or moreso

>>322583627

Exactly why OoT seems longer. You actually had other areas to travel to besides dungeons and towns
>>
File: tears.jpg (43 KB, 433x378) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
43 KB, 433x378
>spinner
>>
>>322583707

SotC is nothing like Legend of Zelda, why would you compare the two
>>
>>322583779
Its more than 15-20 minutes of opening area, and its padded in other places too like those fucking wolf form spirit vessel parts they thought bringing back in SS was a good idea.
>>
>>322583689
I've learned that a while ago. i sometimes wonder why i still come here anyway
>>
>>322582151
You get the hookshot outside of a dungeon. They only devoted one dungeon to the hookshot/longshot.
>>
>no Zelda combat system ala the Batman games
>not reqarding the player with more rupees for using more gadgets and weapons during combat
>no combos
>>
>>322579129
I liked it a lot but it didn't have the charm of Wind Waker or the novelty of Ocarina of Time
>>
File: 1392752219847.jpg (29 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1392752219847.jpg
29 KB, 400x307
>>322584056

not a single one of those is a bad thing
>>
>>322582669
>best dungeons
TP dungeons are fun for the most part but were dumbed down a lot from OoT and MM, an evidence of that is that you never hold more than 1 small key at the time, making the design more straight forward, no more branching paths to get lost, at least the first time you play it.
>best bossfights
I've never seen the second boss attacks and the female Yeti fight was dessapointing even for Zelda standards.
>best iteration of the zelda combat system (though still needs work)
Agreed, sadly no tough enemies to enjoy it. Link is OP as fuck in this game.
>huge sprawling words, grease sense of scale
Travels take longer, it doesn't really add anything.
>varied game systems
What? Do you mean having 2 versions or you're talking about gameplay mechanics? For the later one, besides the bow, bombs and clawshot, everything else is one-use or two items.
>some of the most memorable characters to ever appear in a zelda game
Midna and Ilya? TP has memorable situations (for a Zelda fan) but no memorable characters.
>fantastic soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKotEx8TWZc
Do you really like this track? This is the main reason why I hate Snowpeak Ruins.
>>
>>322583779
One of TP's problems is that it starts and ends on terrible notes. Literally all the good stuff (dungeon) is in the middle. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth, and it makes you not want to replay the game

beginning
>Mind numbing tutorials for game mechanics that you will never use again (TP felt like it went through a lot of changes mid-development)
>awful wolf sections between dungeons
>first dungeon is mediocre

End
>Twilight Temple
>Hyrule Castle
>Zant's "wacky" bossfight
>nobody in Hyrule seems to notice that Ganon has taken over, final fight feels like it has zero stakes
>>
>>322583954I kinda like the vessel parts, they could have been shorter maybe, but i didn't mind them. i liked seing the section of the map i was on to go from twilight to normal again.
>>
I have only played OoT, MM, WW, and twilight princess.

I have a really hard time deciding which is my favorite between oot and mm. mm seemed perfect in every way except it had too few dungeons. Wind waker was close to being one of my favorite zeldas as well because i loved exploring new islands. i really liked the sailing it felt like a proper adventure game.
Twilight princess felt shallow like it had no soul put into it, i dont know how to describe it but it felt like more of a chore to play it than the others. its definitely my least favorite 3d zelda. i would say its my least favorite zelda of all time but i own the phantom hourglass.
>>
>>322579910
>art style
It's ugly as sin. It stops me from playing the game.
>>
>>322583952
a big flat Hyrule Field is boring, and that's basically what TP gave us

SotC overworld felt so much more organic and craftfully designed. You actually had topography and depth to the landscapes.
>>
File: 1356393200758.png (127 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1356393200758.png
127 KB, 320x240
>>322579129

It was edgy grimdark animorph OoT tailored for the
western audience that wanted a mature zelda for their
mature selves because WW was "too cartoony"

Of course it was going to be lackluster.
Midna was the only interesting character in the game.
>>
>>322584339

but SotC was empty as fuck, other than specific spots like the forest

and that still doesnt change what I said. they're 2 completely different kinds of games
>>
>>322579129
It was a lackluster, casualized disappointment of a game
>>
>lock on plus sword play
>Zelda could have had really well done hack and slash style combat but the dungeon items bloat up the combat so there's only one button for attacking

Why can't Link do a royal guard or stinger?
>>
>>322584240
I loved windwaker as well. and i've heard that windwaker wasn't even fully completed when it came out.
>>
File: Thor-I-Like-It.jpg (26 KB, 378x363) Image search: [Google]
Thor-I-Like-It.jpg
26 KB, 378x363
>tfw Twilight Princess HD will most likely have a hero mode

At least the challenge will be amped up.
>>
>>322583292
This many of you just grew up. My little brother was 10 when he played this and still remembers it fondly. The only thing I felt was missing was magic, but otherwise it was just another 3D zelda game.
>>
>>322584406
>but SotC was empty as fuck
What kind of complaint is that?

the challenge and the gameplay came from traversing the land and pathfinding, instead of killing respawning moblins
>>
>>322584517

>Hyrule field was flat and boring
>but its fine when SotC does it

>the challenge and the gameplay came from traversing the land and pathfinding

I cant think of any possible challenge I had traversing other than the ruins and scaling the cliff to get to the first collossi
>>
>>322579129
Why do loud minorities think they are the voice of god?
>>
>>322579129
the wii happened

fuck you nintendo
>>
>>322583697

Wait, so the HD remake is of the wii version?
World is still flipped?

Glad I still got the Gamecube version. It's the real version IMO.
>>
>>322584709
/v/ in a nutshell
>>
Will TP HD be based on the Wii version of the game or the GC version?
>>
>>322584056
>no Zelda combat system ala the Batman games
Mashing X is no good combat, at least 3D Zelda enemies have gimmicks and you need to use your hookshot or bow to beat them.
>>
>>322584759
No. I was referring to the Wii version.

HD is the canon version.
>>
I know I don't speak for everyone but the wolf link shit felt really fucking forced to me, it was basically a furry self insert fanfiction except it was a real fucking game. Made me cringe hard, I couldn't even finish the game.
>>
>>322584626
You can call the SotC overworld boring, but it certainly wasn't flat. It had a vertical element to its design (gorges, peaks, beaches) which TP completely lacked.

TP overworld also had loading screens in the middle of the goddamn field. The worst part is that all the loading screens are in snakey pathways, so it looks like at some point they were planning for SotC-style stealth loading. At some point they must have just said "fuck it" though, and threw in traditional load points.

You can't blame the GC hardware either, because they pulled that same lazy shit on the Wii
>>
>>322584896
Gamepad will probably be used to force down our throats, so... Gamecube, I assume. Mitebcool if there's a mirrored-mode compatible with Wiimote.
>>
>>322584759
ha what if they added that in as well what thenceforth?
>>
>>322584896
GAMECUBE.

HD IS GAMECUBE.

I WAS REFERRING TO THE RERELEASE OF THE WII VERSION UNDER THE NINTENDO SELECTS LABEL.
>>
>>322584709
/pol/ please go
>>
File: 555.jpg (105 KB, 811x675) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
105 KB, 811x675
>8.8 is coming up on ten years
I was a sophomore in college when this came out
fuck
>>
>>322585081
They won't.

Imagine two versions of TP in HD on one single 25 GB disk.
>>
>>322585110
Oh thank god.
For a second I thought I would have to forget about buying the HD remaster.
>>
>>322584489
3 heart run + always use the second sword, there you go, TP is now kinda challenging, Hero modes only add gimmicks and shit you can easy do with self-imposed challenges.
>>
>>322580408
>double clawshot
TP actually had really cool, interesting items though.
The problem was that they never fucking mattered the second you stepped foot outside of the dungeon you got it from.
>>
>>322583697
What's the story about the translation
>>
>>322580013
Id argue most zelda hames have no post game Including Oot. Both games are filled with side quest though
>>
>>322579129
>casualized
I don't know where people got the idea that Zelda is anything but casual.
>>
>>322585343
yeah that would be my biggest complaint too
>>
>>322585232
They wouldn't need to fit two copies of the game in. They just need to recode the game a bit to reflect the screen while keeping things like text and a few graphics the same. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen it done. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>322583392
I played OoT for the first time about a year ago, and I fucking hated it. Boring, difficult, and generally un-fun. Didn't even finish it, got to the Shadow Temple and just gave up because it wasn't worth it to slog through however much of the game was left.
>>
>>322585568
By Zelda standards, TP is even easier than OoT and MM, that's what actually means.
>>
>>322585432

theres a secret post game "arena" in WW and TP

Dont quote me, but I believe after beating said "arena", you get a set of Armor that eats magic in WW, and Rupees in TP?

that counts as post game that OoT didn't have, but OoT felt better to play after beating it, cuz there was still a lot of secrets
>>
File: 1451008454659.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
1451008454659.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
>>322585197
>We're further away from TP's release than TP was from OoT's release
>>
>>322586261
You get the Magic Armor in TP after some sidequests and spending 598 rupees, not in the arena.
>>
>>322586261
You bought the TP one in a shop after donating so many rupees to that dude in kakariko and doing some minor sidequests
>>
>>322586261
The item in quest is available during all the time. forgot the name but its the purple magic crystal thing that halves damage
>>
Let me start by saying it's not a bad game. I played it, beat it, and enjoyed it. Following, however, are a list of reasons it fell short of the n64 zelda games:

>terrible pacing
>uninteresting characters
>a world almost as bland and empty as ww
>combat, while what they were trying to do makes sense it was a continuation of the context sensitive press attack to win bull shit ww started. Also, compared to mm and oot it was slow. In the n64 zelda games movements were quick, strafing was fast, and enemies were mobile. Sure you could cheese it like a nigger but if you played it straight facing a stalfos could be a fun game of foot work
>items that you only use in one dungeon
>the world did not adapt to the story, made it feel like there was no urgency
>wolf sections
>holy shit wolf sections
>a ass pull plot twist only beaten in laziness by star fox adventures
>dungeons and boss fights not particularly memorable

And speaking for personal taste

>ruined some of the mystique of the lore by killing the hero of time
>>
File: 1421688563260.png (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1421688563260.png
46 KB, 300x300
Reminder that this was going to be Wind Waker 2, and we could have gotten it in 2005. We could have fought pirates, fished and gotten Wind Waker's combat times two, along with newer enemies and dungeons.

It would've been to Wind Waker what Majora's Mask was. But you faggots just HAD to have a gritty Zelda, and look how it turned out.
>>
File: 1418985330342.gif (454 KB, 384x512) Image search: [Google]
1418985330342.gif
454 KB, 384x512
>>322585989
>zelda
>difficult
>>
>>322586503
>>322586512
>>322586618

knew i was forgetting

its been years, and really I buy Zelda for my mom mainly now. Last one i played is Hyrule Warriors
>>
>>322586658

>uninteresting characters

Illia was qt as fuck
>>
>>322584159
>dungeons
They had to make you "get lost" in oot because they were actually very small and/or simple
>bosses
Dodongo doesn't do jack either and the bongo thin from the shadow temple isn't very impressive
>combat
I'll give you this one, back slice and mortal draw do trivialize all enemies, and it doesn't help the most danage you can recieve from them is half a heart
>Exploring
Travels are longer because it's a larger overworld, and it has plenty of stuff to find, the problem is most of it is out of the way, you have to be really looking or just outright find places from a guide

You're right on your other points, every game has bad/unremarkable tracks to them, but really my only gripe with TP's soundtrack is that 80% of the time it's interrupted with the encounter theme
>>
>>322586743

>gotten Wind Waker's combat times two

good god, thats sounds awful

>But you faggots just HAD to have a gritty Zelda, and look how it turned out.

much better?
>>
>>322586743
Ww was worse than tp, thank fuck we didn't get a sequel to a shit game and have to play as that saucer eyed moeshit faggot
>>
>>322586743
It wasn't really gritty though, it only appeared to be on the surfce. I like its contrast with WW.
>>
>>322579129
For one, it was a chore to play it. OoT and Majora's Mask are goddamn travesties in the beginning before the game opens up, but Twilight Princess takes it to the next level by making the entire game a hand holding baby game fest. Forcing you to search for bugs over and over as a wolf with a bitchy, commanding, thankless piece of shit partner who NEVER SHUTS UP. Just, I'm getting mad right now just thinking about how fucking dumb Japanese people are nowadays. You would never believe the original zelda and TP were in the same series.
It's not action, adventure or puzzling. It's a walk down a bad story line where you get to follow directions sometimes.
>>
>>322586903
She was forgettable

The only character I vaguely remember besides the main cast was that fucking faggot jew baby that wouldn't give me shit for free despite saving his worthless little life

Fuck that nigger
>>
>>322586982
Wind Waker's combat was much more fluid than Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker aged much better, to the point where the original GC game still holds up whereas filters and textures are needed to make Twilight look half as good.

>>322587081
And it still looked ugly.
>>
>>322587029
but it had 2 sequels
>>
>>322587204
>n*gger
>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>322586743
As mediocre as TP was, it was the highest-selling Zelda and it saved the franchise from falling into kiddy-trash obscurity, if only temporarily.
>>
>>322582669
>story was shit
>forced side quests were shit
>repetitive filler added in to make the game longer
i think the game was decent but in no way was it the very best
>>
>>322586743

yeah that's what i want, a MM of wind waker.
>>
>>322587246
And they were both shit, thank the Lord there wasn't a third
>>
>>322587264
>triggered by nigger

Fucking neo-/v/ scum

>>>/anywhere but this site/
>>
>>322587240

>Wind Waker's combat was much more fluid than Twilight Princess

I cant tell if you're being serious or not. WW's combat was as braindead as humanly possible
>>
File: malo.jpg (23 KB, 445x288) Image search: [Google]
malo.jpg
23 KB, 445x288
>>322587204
Buy something.
>>
>>322585989

kill yourself
>>
>>322587264
>>n*gger
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/
>>
Why did they pick Zelda to become the ultra casualized trash? They could have gone with the more popular Mario, or the more kiddie Pokemon. Instead, those are thriving with actual gameplay and Zelda is set back by characters like Fi who stop you to solve the puzzle.
>>
I fucking loved TP.

Was it perfect? No, there was some parts that felt a bit underwhelming. But goddamn if it wasn't one of the best Nintendo launch titles/last hurrah for the GCN. Most of the issues I had with it was more basic polish complains more then anything.

Skyward Sword on the other hand? Biggest fucking disappointment ever.
>>
>>322586876

wasn't that the last zelda game? dipshit
>>
File: You_fuck_off.jpg (134 KB, 500x1200) Image search: [Google]
You_fuck_off.jpg
134 KB, 500x1200
>>322587264
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>322587507
i hated how you had to have that stupid extra wii controller thing for SS too
>>
>>322586658
>a world almost as bland and empty as ww
WW world wasn't bland or empty, it had low density, who the fuck say "yeah, make 49 islands with this content"? WW world would had be so much better with less islands and less space between them.

TP world was reduced but they didn't know what to do with it.
>100 skulltullas? Nha, 24 bugs
>Towns? Nha, it will be enough with Kakariko, Castle Town and Ordon, even if those lack features.
>Heart pieces? Yes, but put a lot of them in the dungeons.
>NPCs, like travellers? Nha, put a gay clown in some minigame and two gorons. Don't forget that postman.
>Places to explore? Well, a cave or two wont hurt but that's it.
>>
>>322587487
It's more like RPGs and RPG-likes (a niche genre) became casual in the industry as a whole justify the amount of money they pour into them. It was either that or going the way of the RTS within the AAA market.
>>
>>322587487
Are you seriously trying to say they didn't ultra casualize Pokemon and Mario? Pokemon especially was fucking ruined with hand holding bullshit, worse than Zelda by far. You're completely full of shit my friend.
>>
File: 1444741243561.png (2 MB, 1318x749) Image search: [Google]
1444741243561.png
2 MB, 1318x749
>>322587548

no, thats triforce heroes, which I bought for my mom. got her LBW on her birthday

retarded hillbilly spawn :)
>>
>you will never lose your memory and get to enjoy Link to the Past all over for the first time again
>>
>>322587327
And that says a lot when a shitty game sells more just because it looks realistic. The HD game looks just as bad, and it shows you how fucked up Zelda is. Either Zelda U is going to be THAT good of a game, or it's really having problems with development.

Don't be surprised if they announce another 3DS Zelda title, or Skyward Sword HD after announcing another delay.

>>322587396
After coming off Skyward Sword, Wind Waker only became more of a treat to me than it already was. Twilight Princess had better motion controls, and the combat there weren't a glorified puzzle. Granted, I only played the Wii version, and I couldn't find the GC version anywhere.
>>
File: 1438510674815.jpg (36 KB, 389x292) Image search: [Google]
1438510674815.jpg
36 KB, 389x292
>>322587815
FUCK YOU
>>
>>322587487
Because neo-Nintendo's goal is to turn all of their franchises into casual crap, because they firmly believe that'll bring them more sales and a bigger audience.

Hence Zelda getting crap like TFH and even Metroid getting it's own banal shit like Federation Force.
>>
>>322587716

>wasnt empty
>all that fucking ocean with fuck all to do between islands
>>
>>322587204
>that part where you're forced to give those little faggots your sword
>>
>>322587750
I'll admit there's a lot of talking in Pokemon, but it's a JRPG and that comes with the territory. It didn't start off as one thing and become another. They didn't simplify mechanics, they just add them
>>
>>322587716
>endless ocean with rupees

It was pretty fucking bland and pretty fucking empty my dude

I agree that if they cut down on islands that it would be amazing but they didn't so it isn't (still is an amazing game though)
>>
File: 1 bepis.gif (689 KB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
1 bepis.gif
689 KB, 350x272
>>322587768
>the last zelda game i played was one of the last two that came out
>>
>>322587360
go play phantom hourglass or that other train fuckup
>>
File: 1446057145628.png (1 MB, 1215x1152) Image search: [Google]
1446057145628.png
1 MB, 1215x1152
>>322586743
>gritty zelda
>bad
>>
File: 1443555318378.gif (1013 KB, 352x348) Image search: [Google]
1443555318378.gif
1013 KB, 352x348
>>322588009
>las Zelda before that was Spirit Tracks
>he doesnt realize that i may buy the games but I dont personally play them
>thinks i played the shitfest that was Skyward Sword

drink my balls
>>
Not so much, but it was one of the first hate-popular-game meme
>>
>>322587487
They dumbed down Mario as well. Didn't you play the Galaxy games?
>>
>>322588185
>calls a game shit
>has never played it

Fuck off nigger
>>
>>322588139
Is this like a serious image a kid made and uploaded on some social media site that an anon dug up and keeps posting or did they make the image themselves with the express purpose of posting it in every relevant thread?
>>
>>322579129
furfaggotry
>>
>>322585416
Basically they changed some dialogue to be more generic.
Look up Midna's dialogue or maybe Zant's, and Twilight Kingdom or whatever. I just remember in the English version you don't really know what sols are. In TP Midna has dialogue describing them/it.
http://forums.legendsalliance.com/t opic/17108-list-of-japanese-translations/
>>
File: 1421085106387.jpg (40 KB, 630x418) Image search: [Google]
1421085106387.jpg
40 KB, 630x418
>>322588216
>one of the first
>>
File: 1448794469351.jpg (63 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
1448794469351.jpg
63 KB, 550x448
>>322588337

mom played it cuz guess what fag?

fought a "boss" from it in HW

i'm glad i didnt waste my time, unlike you

you seem mad that I can enjoy something I like with someone else
>>
>>322588359
this is an e3 meme friend
>>
>>322588000
Find the treasure mechanics/gimmicks weren't well implemented, I agree with that but I was talking about sidequests and the cool stuff you can find in some islands. Hell, reducing the size of the world would had improved a lot the Triforce quest, what was Aunoma thinking?
>>
>>322586908
>plenty of stuff ti find
Too bad most of what you find is rupees
>>
I really enjoyed it, but I was like 10 years old when it came out and haven't played it since.

My opinion might be different if I played it now, we'll see when the remaster comes out.
>>
>>322587815
Joke's on you, I've never played it.
>>
>>322587925
Read again my post, it had low density aka low content per whatever square area unit the game uses. WW content would had fit better in a map of 15-20 islands with less space between them, no fucking 49. Think about it.
>Single islands would had more and better features
>Without so much wasted space between the islands, the triforce hunt would had be a lot better.
>Less sea would had increase the enemy density aka more fights when you are travelling.
>Less wasted data on islands, so more NPCs and more complex caves and stuff, probably more minigames.
That's what I think about WW world, is not really bland and empty is just so fucking big
>>
>>322590630
>Read again my post,
are you fucking yoda?
>>
>>322582976
>and it was still shorter than OoT

TP has the longest main quest in the series, but there's fuck all to do outside that.

> I could actually fuck around in OoT Hyrule, but not TP Hyrule
Truth.
>>
>>322580817
>This ultimately lead to aim assist / auto-aim, and other similar mechanics.

This is a more fair criticism than you'd think. I'm thankful that SS realised that you could overcome this and had you aim manually with the remote. Lock-on is great for swordplay though.

>The combat is pretty much just spam B to win
Yep, this is the one actual flaw I would give all my money to fix.

>A fucking linear adventure game. Absolute trash concept. And no, it's not non-linear because you can get the items out of the dungeon then leave the dungeon.

You're shit at trolling like this.
>>
>>322579129
open world was empty, more empty than wind waker.
pander ed to the edgy furries. #
>>
>>322590916

well it felt shorter, is all im really saying. fun really does dictate how long a game is on an individual scale

i must perceive that OoT is the longest cuz I played it the longest as it had the content, and style of exploration almost on par with LTTP
>>
>>322583292
>And all of them were kind of mediocre

No. TP is the one 3D game that simply fails to instil a sense of mystery. Even SS is able to achieve this.
>>
>>322579129
>>
>>322585341
But then there's no point in doing the sidequests ether way, which is what Hero mode makes worthwhile.
>>
>>322583697
>Gave the bird to left-handed fans by flipping the game to be right-handed. If it mattered enough to flip the game, why would it not matter enough that you shunned a sixth of your fans?

As opposed to what? Not flipping it and shafting 5/6ths of your fanbase?
>>
>>322592787
Ignore him, this is just leftist SJWs looking for special treatment yet again.
>>
>>322592787

im thinking he meant it broke the lore that Link is -always- a left handed swordsmen, which actually makes him pretty rare

>implying i am not left handed
>>
>>322591272
>You're shit at trolling like this.
How is that trolling? It's the truth
>>
>>322596824
Dude, if you're who I think you are, I already BTFO of you in the last thread we had.
>>
The Zelda series needs Koizumi back.
>>
>>322579129
>When it first came out, I had no idea this game was being release (I was mostly PC gamer but had Gamecube)
>Bought it because it was Zelda
>Had a lot of fun with it, found pretty much everything really enjoyable
I'm glad I'm not a bitter person like you, Anon.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.