[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get it for $18.99? loved DaS and been having fun with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
Should I get it for $18.99? loved DaS and been having fun with BB if that helps
>>
>>322579090
no stick to des, das1 and bb
>>
Its worth 20 bucks I think if you haven't played it yet and are looking for something new. Its better combat than DS1 but everything else is kind of worse until you get to the DLC areas way down the line.
>>
>>322579090
shit now i notice this are bait threads
>>
It's fucking awful.

But it might take you a full playthrough to realize it and you should get it to decide for yourself anyway.
>>
File: Well Memed.png (89 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
Well Memed.png
89 KB, 500x429
>>322580802
>Its better combat than DS1
>>
>>322579090
Yes, you can get some hours out of it. I honestly hated it, great cosplaying/character building, but the world is shit, and the focus is on PvP
>>
base version is 10 bucks on gamestop's website
>>
I haven't gotten to any of the DLC areas yet, but I've always enjoyed 2, I don't care how loud /v/ screams.

That said enemy attack tracking can be pretty bullshit at times and SotFS was bright as fuck for me even with gamma turned all the way down in certain areas, but it was pretty limited.
>>
>>322581094
I think OP has a PS4, it's on sale
>>
what are the chances of this game going on sale again when DS3 releases? Ive combed through a bunch of these threads throughout the sale and I feel as if it might not be worth 20. maybe 10
>>
File: 1449882789019.png (255 KB, 319x317) Image search: [Google]
1449882789019.png
255 KB, 319x317
why even ask that question here? the only kind of answers youre going to get are "ITS THE WORST GAME EVERY B-TEAM, B-TEAM, B-TEAM" meme spouters.
>>
>>322581280
its worth the 20. dont be such a jew
>>
>>322581286
You're the only one who's said it so far.
>>
>>322580984
>>322580802
I dumped a few hundred hours into DaS1, and I much preferred the combat there desu. I bought DaS2 on the steam sale, I don't like it as much as I enjoyed the first one, but it's definitely a solid game and worth the purchase. I'm only about ~half-way through the game on my first character rn (jolly cooperation with my friend) and I agree that although the combat is more fluid, the game world is more streamlined (not casualized, tho) and build variety is greater...it's not as good as DaS.

Buy it anyway, it's solid.
>>
File: Dead Zones.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Dead Zones.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>322581605
Nothing about Dark Souls 2 is more fluid.
>>
>>322581701
wow what is the name of the weapon at the end of this webm?
>>
>>322580984

It is.

Combat in DaS2 actually relies on timing, and good reflexes

Combat in DaS was just using the most stable shield, and circle-strafing untill it was safe to backstab/poke the boss in the ass.
>>
>>322579090

I got Sotfs for 2 bucks because I had DaS2 and all the DLC already
>>
>>322582326

Dragon Greatsword
>>
>>322582598

No it doesn't, it requires you not getting lagstabbed to death. DaS2 netcode is shit compared to the original, prove me wrong.
>>
>>322582858

Netcode has always been shit in DaS games.

I got tele-stabbed much more in DaS1 than in 2.

and I mean the awful 5 second DC, you get warped into someone's sword 100 feet away telestabs.
>>
>>322582858
Its funny how you automatically assumed he was talking about pvp.
>>
>>322582858
Uhhhhh, did you play dark souls? Dark souls didnt even have region locking, on top of having the worst online to ever be created. It was impossible to not lag in dark souls.

Your probably just a meme spouting faggot though
>>
>>322583418
Region locking honestly doesnt do anything

The 2 "regions" in dark souls 2 are japan, and everywhere else.
>>
OP here, well I bought it. I figured the only way to see if I like it is to play it myself
>>
if you liked dark souls 1 and you weren't massively invested into pvp (hundreds upon hundreds of hours) you will probably enjoy ds2. it's a great game, with some drawbacks but with a bigger game (more builds, more areas, more everything). i even like it more than bloodborne, mostly because it feels like bloodborne is so barebones (combat is better in bloodborne though)
>>
It improves on a lot of things from das 1, but for every step forward it takes at least one back in a different area, mechanically its better than das1 has better netcode and overall less retarded bullshit as far as pvp is concerned, the overall game people will argue over constantly

just buy a ps4 and bloodborne which is better than either :^)
>>
>>322580984
>>322581286
desu senpai I hated DaSII for so long.

I started it up again a few days ago. I hate to admit it, but it's actually really good.

I loved DaS, spent probably close to a few thousand hour on that game, no joke. I'm starting to love DaSII more.
>>
File: 082.jpg (1 MB, 2168x1508) Image search: [Google]
082.jpg
1 MB, 2168x1508
I had this game with all the dlc on my ps3 and it was ok. Felt janky as hell, but I enjoyed it well enough. Not as good as DeS, DaS1, or Bloodborne.

FLASH FORWARD a few days ago. Bought it for that deal OP is talking about on my PS4 and holy shit I forgot how bad it really felt especially because I mostly play Bloodborne on my ps4. I feel like I wasted 20 bucks honestly. Even with the graphics upgrade and 60 fps it doesn't feel that great to play. The new item and enemy placements annoy me half the time as well.
>>
File: mib.jpg (230 KB, 642x642) Image search: [Google]
mib.jpg
230 KB, 642x642
>>322581605
>combat is more fluid
yeah it has more dodge directions, but the combat feels slow as hell. I kinda hate it. no footsies in pvp as well. You can back up slightly to dodge an attack and counter with your own. If you don't want to get hit in pvp you have to dodge EVERY TIME your opponent swings their weapon. makes me sad.
>>
>>322588157
I meant to say you CAN'T back up slightly to dodge an attack and counter with your own. meant to say you could do that in DeS and DaS1, but not das2.
>>
>>322584850
Yeah no shit. Why even make a thread?
>>
File: 1257850811198.jpg (83 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1257850811198.jpg
83 KB, 554x439
>>322588370
What? You press B and make a short jump back.
>>
Multiplayer is dead tho
I can freely invade worlds but every time I want to invade sinners it tells me "no worlds avaliable"
What a bad times
>>
>>322581701
I think DaS2 actually running well makes a huge difference in fluidness.
>>
>>322588991
>literally get summoned in less than 5 minutes for any boss
>doesn't matter the time of day
I can't speak for PVP but co-op is bursting at the seams
>>
>Tfw just bought it for 20 bucks on the PS Store
Ehh I try to avoid buying digital but saved myself ten bucks I guess. Would've looked nice on the shelf but oh well. Game is alright. Seems crazy slow in comparison to Bloodborne. Also first boss was a complete joke.
>>
>>322589764
>1st boss
Which one?
>>
>>322589951
Last giant.
Game has multiple first bosses like BB then? Figured as much. Definitely a spread out world.
>>
>>322590049
Oh yeah he is a pussy if you keep close to him. And yeah you can fight different bosses at start.
>>
>>322590281
I feel like there is a bit of input lag though. Am I wrong to feel that way? Everything just feels delayed by a fraction of a second. Not game breaking but certainly annoying. I'm yet to die at all but I'm sure it will come.
>>
>>322590504
That's probably because you played BB, I don't notice any delay but who knows, different weapons have different feel.
>>
>>322590707
Probably. It's been a minute since I even played DaS 1 so I am still getting reacquainted. This is a nice way to warm up for DaS 3 though. Which looks pretty incredible IMO.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.