[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: mad max game.jpg (35 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
mad max game.jpg
35 KB, 312x390
What went wrong?
>>
>>322579028

>Extremely repetitive
>Extremely easy
>You can Max your Max before half of the game
>You can almost Max your car before half of the game
>Engine upgrades only increase acceleration
>A bunch of useless shit into the game like death runs or archangels, cool concepts that completely sucked in-game
>>
>>322579028
Why was Max such an asshole the entire game? Like seriously, did he even smile once? On top of that, why did he care more for Hope and Glory than he did for best boy ChumBucket?
>>
>>322579428

Vehicular combat was shit, I have no idea why did every reviewer praised vehicular combat while saying that the melee combat was shit.

Your car is literally the fastest car in the game, it has no comparison, never, at no point of the game. Even when its just the metal frame, it's the fastest metal frame in the game.

So "car combat" boils down to fucking outrunning everything in 3 seconds and having to brake and turn to hit other cars.

Oh and also, no handbrake, so forget about nice u-turns or drifting.

Archangels were fucking useless, I understand what they were going for there simply wasnt enough customization.

Theres only 3 parts that are "black and white": armor, ramming grill and v8 engine.

All of the other parts are just tiers, they get completely outclassed by the next item on the tier.
Also the progression is fucked up, you unlock the best suspension way before unlocking the 3rd best, so theres literally no point in unlocking it unless you're aiming to plat the game.
>>
File: mad max.jpg (360 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
mad max.jpg
360 KB, 1000x1500
>>322579863

Huh?
Have you watched the Mad max films?

Max is an asshole, theres only few times where his non-assholeness gets to shine and its always with kids and women.

Which leads to the obvious answer of your other question:

Hope and Glory obviously remind him of his wife and daughter

The only thing I have against this Max is how he fucking murders chumbucket in the end. Max is a dick, but not a dick who literally murders his allies.
>>
File: this nigga serious.jpg (56 KB, 471x501) Image search: [Google]
this nigga serious.jpg
56 KB, 471x501
>>322580093
>no handbrake
what
>>
File: beyond.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
beyond.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>322580530

>mfw that happened
>>
>>322579028
It is not undertale
>>
>>322580530
I kinda feel like that romance was hamfisted. Like, I know that he helped when he didn't have to, but it didn't really seem like he gave a shit about them other than at the end there
>>
File: 1451456851136.gif (94 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1451456851136.gif
94 KB, 325x244
>>322581378
there IS a handbrake

you need to hook up a controller and change the layout to alternate mode. it switches one of the b/o buttons to handbrake
>all these people who are finding this out at the END of the game

https://steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/527274088385309766/
>>
>>322581378

Theres no handbrake with the default controller layout, which is a major fuck up/overlook by the devs.

If you use the alt layout, theres a handbrake with left shift/circle/X button

But like I said: it literally only appears if you use the alt layout, which 95% of players wont even check because the controllers work well.
>>
>>322581841

Max wasn't into her, he pushes her away when she kisses him, and goes back to his wife at the end.

The whole Hope character was terribly fucking written, it felt like a lot of missions were scrapped.

>prisoner at gutgash stronghold
>first pink eye mission
>she is there
>wtf.jpg
>her daughter isnt there
>meet her back in gastown.
>tells you that they RAN away from gutgash's place with the help of an old man
>she knows a specific location of a tunnel on the dunes because she saw it while RUNNING away
>go check the map, theres maybe 20 kilometers from gutgash to the dunes.
>how the fuck did they made it on foot?
>then she suddenly falls in love with max

Its just a terrible gambit character to justify Max's need for revenge.
>>
>>322579028
The ending.
Chumbucket seriously didn't deserve that.
>>
>>322583371
you know what really bothered me aswell? That Max never evolved from being an asshole to Chum. It really annoyed me that he didn't start treating him better, and instead killed him at the end.
>>
I liked it but it clearly feel unfinished, the story is very short and unmemorable, the combat is weird, blocking take more time so you can't just block counter everything like in batman, but they give you an invincibility dodge roll, the shotgun can hit a guy far away but miss at 3 feets away. most car felt the same too, most of them are just copy-paste with different armor. anyway, I still enjoyed it
>>
>too easy
>too many enemies
>boring characters
>>
>SAINT
>SAINT
>MIGHTY DUSTER
>SAINT
>OHHHHH SAINT
>>
NO

BIG RIGS

NO

MOTORBIKES
>>
>>322579028
Nothing really

I walked in expecting a solid AA midrange level quality game. Came out with basically that. If anything I was mildly impressed with the environments and atmosphere.

Then again I didn't pay full price, and never would have dreamed of doing so.
>>
>>322580530

Put some spoilers next time
>>
Lord Humongous is the best Mad Max Villain.
>>
File: charlie laughing.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
charlie laughing.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>322585464

Sorry for fucking spoiling a mediocre game with basically no plot that released like 4 months ago

where you expecting any different? Its obvious max wasnt about to ride the desert with a fucking religious fanatic on tow.

>>322584031

Enemy factions.
They're literally just a recolor, a shameless recolor, yet they all get specifc glossary entries like they're some super important shit.

>>322583573

What bothers me is that Max isnt a murder.
Like I could understand ditching chum, or chum getting killed in the final confrontation, but Max being the killer?

Fuck no, thats no longer a tragic hero, thats downright villanous.
>>
>>322580530
>Just got done watching Beyond Thunderdome a few days ago
>Max/Mel Gibson looked like he was in "do not give a fuck" mode the entire time the airplane children tribe was on screen

To be fair, he was like that in Road Warrior as well.
>>
>>322585978
TWO MEN ENTER
>>
>>322586106
ONE MAN LEAVES!

Thunderdome may have been the worst one but it certainly is the most quotable.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x345
>>322579028
It wasn't just cause 3...
Than agin, just cause 3 had some disappointing moments, like its city
>>
>>322585978

He does not give a fuck at first.

But it seems you missed the part where he literally gets back to the desert, abandoning the oasis paradise he just found, just to prevent the kids from dying.

Also choosing to stay behind so that their plane could lift off.

He obviously cares anon, but the first time he sees them he's in denial mode because he thinks he breaks everything that he touches.

>>322586769

is there only one city in JC3?
>>
>>322587160
That's the entire capital city...
>>
My son knew that I liked Fury Road so he wanted to get me both the movie and the game for Christmas. From what I'm reading here, thank God my wife talked him out of the game.
>>
>>322586769
Just Cause 3 felt small as fuck.
Also really lacked diversity.
Panau had Jungles, Swamps, Deserts, Snowy mountains, etc...
Also meteorological effects and clouds were kinda piss in JC3.
>>
>>322579028
No jump button
>>
>>322587752
I felt like the beach, farmland, rocky canyon and forest areas all felt the same in just cause 3, and the snowy area was very undeveloped.
The whole world was much more empty, despite the environment being more detailed in some ways despite the lack of biomes.
Also all that water could have had another large island.
>>
File: 3FR2wEX.jpg (19 KB, 377x318) Image search: [Google]
3FR2wEX.jpg
19 KB, 377x318
>Another shooter with a white male
>>
>>322588291

Mad max isnt a shooter though.
Theres literally only 2 guns in the game.
>>
Undertale..
>>
>>322579028
they didn't market it enough
>>
It came out the same day as MGS V, and it basically boiled down to Shadow of Mordor: wasteland edition.

That being said, I had fun with the game but got bored with it half way through and still haven't finished it.
>>
>>322589209

Pretty sure the game was a commercial success.

Also, I really hate it how all WB games are bamham variations.
>>
Its a good repetitive game for the 12$ the keys cost after 2 weeks after release. Better than I expected for a cash grab movie videogame.
>>
>>322579028
Bamham combat
>>
I'll add uninteresting plot/characters
>>
>>322588291
>Mad Max
>Shooting
>>
I can't wait to to get this game for $15.00. It should be that much for PS4 at this point, right?
>>
File: 1312.png (1 MB, 999x561) Image search: [Google]
1312.png
1 MB, 999x561
>>322579028
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T8nonksmjQ
>>
File: 1406413598311.jpg (36 KB, 528x364) Image search: [Google]
1406413598311.jpg
36 KB, 528x364
>>322579028
i bought this for $20

i had a $20 gift card from christmas, so i figured "why not"?

i though i'd hate myself if i missed out on getting the game when it was so cheap

but FUCK this game is so boring

to anyone who's beaten it, does it get better? i have to get my money's worth and beat it but FUCK
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.