[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really can't stand the NEET life anymore and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 16
File: Gamestop.jpg (21 KB, 620x332) Image search: [Google]
Gamestop.jpg
21 KB, 620x332
I really can't stand the NEET life anymore and I'm considering getting a job at FUCKING Gamestop, have any of you ever had a job there? Share stories please.
>>
Have some dignity & work in fast food.
>>
try getting a job at FUCKING burger king where there aren't a hundred dumbfucks waiting in line to get exploited because they're "working in video games!!1!"
>>
>>322555103
Fucking this. If you expect to enjoy working at FUCKING GAMESTOP then you are so deluded. Imagine all the cid kids ever. Now imagine being nice to them and being forced to sell shit games.

I, for one, am glad i work at a penn station.
>>
>>322555103
Fast food is worse than retail
>>
>>322554890
Fast Food is $15/hr where I live
>>
I used to work at Gamestop 3 times lmao

The commercials are beyond fucking stupid. As chill as the job is, I'm thankful I never have to hear them again.
>>
File: bob-vila-featured.jpg (62 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
bob-vila-featured.jpg
62 KB, 900x600
Sell drugs & steal.
>>
If you can, get a job at a cinema.
>discounts on movies/concessions
>getting free movie posters and banners
>seeing movies for free
It's fantastic.
>>
>>322554890
Its a decent job if you don't care about dignity
>>
>>322555103
always do opposite of what /v/ says etc etc
>>
>working in literally bottom tier retail
Guys just sign up with a temp agency and have them ship you out to a bunch of different jobs until you find a real job you like. At the bare minimum office work is going to pay double or more than retail.
>>
File: IMG_20151230_213237.jpg (151 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151230_213237.jpg
151 KB, 1252x1252
>>322556113
I rarely go in Gamestop these days, but when I did regularly I wonder how they could stand listening to that loop. I would go beserk. That's like a form of torture.
>>
Previous SGA (Senior Game Advisor, essentially a keyholding manager) here. Don't do it. Retail in general sucks the life out of you. Gamestops corporate structure puts it's employees last and it's money first. Expect to be left in the dust by your District Manager who is after his bonus while you slave away. Stores are only allowed to have so many employees so sick days can't happen. Finally if you come on as a new hire, if you're just a Game Advisor, you will have pretty minimal hours if you're not in a high traffic area. Expect your game knowledge to be worthless. The job is about selling product, not informing it.

Now I have a pretty good relationship with my old store but I will never return. It's two years I'll never get back slaving for a company that doesn't care. It's purely resume fodder at this point. Don't do it OP.

Your starry eye dreams of it being even a remotely interesting job are bad news.
>>
i would recommend working at an indie game store if possible. more fun. gamestop is all "Umm anon, how many preorders for Call of FIFA: Combat Evolved did you make today? If you dont make 100 a day we will have to let you go."
>>
>>322554890
If you're tired of the NEET life and want a part time job work at a clothing store. It helped me a lot.
>>
>>322555986
but your cost of living is sky high
>>
File: 1450643992549.png (273 KB, 469x480) Image search: [Google]
1450643992549.png
273 KB, 469x480
Its shit. All the "gamers" are super casual and the bosses are mega dicks. Also be prepared to do "the pitch" every single sale or get fired.
>>
you''ll be lucky to get decent hours there since hours is based on sale goals for the week. It's not a bad second job but do not make it your primary find somewhere else to work first.
>>
>>322554890
Just work at an amazon warehouse, nerd.
>>
>>322556113
Former Senior Game advisor here. I have some stories but I'd have to pretype them up. I think i was there a total of a year? Honestly best boss I've had in a long time.

Anyone care for some interesting shit that I've had happen at gamestop?
>>
Rent out your asshole & mouth on Craigslist.
>>
holy shit, you poor, poor OP we need a sticky for this shit nobody should look forward to working retail anywhere, go volunteer somewhere and apply for a state job anywhere OP, you will NOT get hired at gamestop and on the off chance you do, you will soon find out what a wage slave is and why you should never suck capitalist cock
>>
You're probably gonna have little to no luck now that the holidays are basically over now. I only worked there once for a few months but from what I remember the staff is very exclusive when it comes to shift distribution and prioritizes employees who worked there longer. I mean like expect to work three hours a week at best. And most of it is gonna be spent either restocking shelves or trying to find the perfect game for soccer mom #73873920 to give to her half-retarded son with nothing else to go on other than that "he likes sharks".

There's so many better options for you, unless you get off on feeling like shit or something.
>>
>>322556931
Yeah man, I have some time to read.
>>
>>322554890
just join the peace corps
why try to change your life only a little when you can do it in a big way?
>>
>>322554890
>>322554890
>>322554890
>>322554890

Is it easier to get a job at spergstop if you're a femanon?
>>
>>322558443
I would assume so, but most of the girls I see at Gamestop are GRRRLLLL GAMURRSS with dyed hair
>>
>>322554890
Look man, I worked there for like two years. It was hands down the worst job I've had in my life. Retail is shit as is, and Gamestop is the king of this shit pile. You get fuck all for commission, and the entire management team is full on autism. Either go to school or pick up a trade you lazy fuck
>>
>>322558443
Way easier. Just dye and wear a gamer t-shirt. Boom.
>>
>>322556346
>https://youtu.be/WNhH00OIPP0
this fucking shit 2 fucking years ago. fuck my life, every good damn five minutes.
>>
>>322554890
>retail
Don't do it
>>
>>322556931
I love GameStop horror stories. Let me see em
>>
>>322558443
>is _____ easier if you're a femanon
Yes
>>
Former regular old Game Adviser here. My coworkers were pretty chill but the atmosphere sucks. Corporate policy mandated every employee must get X preorders and Y Game Informer subscriptions per month or you'd get written up. 3 write ups and you get shitcanned.

Facing shelves is a nightmare because customers never ever put shit back. Expect to get sick of putting games back on the wall because no one asks for a game by name, they always bring an empty box to the counter. Expect the people above you to not give a single fuck about video games in general, and as Senior GA posted the corporation only cares about dollar signs. You'll be undervalued and make shit for money.

Oh, and the other dude talking about favoritism with hours is totally accurate, too. Stores only get a budget of Z hours per week to allocate, and if your manager likes someone else more or just doesn't like you, expect them to put you down for a Saturday night shift from 7 to 10 and that's it.

There's also the fact that, on average, Gamestops are constantly flooded with applications from idiot kids wanting to work for video games.
>>
>>322558926
I recently had to work a security gig at the electronics department of a Target and I swear this is nothing compared to what those poor souls had to go through. Rows of plasma screen TVs showing the same eight commercials on loop. It was a serious nightmare.

Also there was a button that would loudly blare a portion of a Christina Aguilera song when you pressed it and there was a button that was supposed to turn it off but it was broken and children couldn't keep their hands off it.
>>
i worked at gamestop and the maneger tryed to have sex with me in the allyway
>>
>>322559708
Is it because you have low key down syndrome?
>>
Okay guys, if any of you could give me any insight I would like the following in a job.

1) I don't have to drive.
2) I don't have to deal with people
3) Doesn't require a degree

I don't care about the money. Minimum wage will do.
>>
>>322555781
the fuck its not
>>
>working at Gamestop will never be like Glengarry Glen Ross
:(
>>
>>322560132
walking mailman you massive faggot
>>
>>322560132
>Make up to 99 dollars a day filling out surveys!
>>
>>322560032
At what point does the freakish strength come in on the Downs Spectrum?

>tfw the very heavily downs kid next door goes to the gym
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LUDf5cKzbY

Related
>>
>>322556201
> closing at 1am and you open next day at 9

> customers always complain about prices

> kids always trying to sneak in to rated r movies

> pay is shit

> "free movies" are limited to you and a friend (Regal) or more depending on your area

> also free movie tickets are on the managers discretion and can be denied if they feel like it

> gotta fucking upsale everything

Could go on but I honestly enjoyed working fast food more.
>>
>>322554890
>inb4 le gamestop employee won't stop asking me questions during my visit

>go to subway
>order $5 footlong meatball marinara sauce
>sandwich artist goes to ring me up
>he asks if I want to buy some chips and coke
>I tell him no rudely and just cancel my order and leave
>Go online a bitch how Subway is shit

That's how retarded you sound like right now
>>
>>322558790
I would always fucking get the insurance back when I used to go to Gamestop when it was a hot chick. That was years ago and I realize how dumb it was so whatever.
>>
>>322560306
You still have to drive the mail truck to the designated part of town you deliver to you fucking idiot.
>>
>>322560473
Bet you have a load of other beta tendencies.
>>
>>322560640
I was a massive beta before losing my virginity.
>>
>>322560132
I worked a bit in a warehouse doing labeling and stacking boxes. With those requirements though no matter the job you'll be competing with lots of high-school kids.
>>
>>322560132
A warehouse somewhere
>>
>>322560859
>lost virginity

Good on you anon
>>
>>322560401

all i hear when I listen to this is bitching from someone who had a fuckin job. A five cent raise on my 0$ is five cents more than I'm making
>>
>>322560459
Did you even read the original post?
>>
>>322561016

Don't they usually require operating a forklift or something?
>>
>>322560132
Just get a drivers license or at least go to trade school. A drivers license vastly increases the potential jobs you can get.
>>
File: gamestop is beyond dead ned.jpg (116 KB, 908x606) Image search: [Google]
gamestop is beyond dead ned.jpg
116 KB, 908x606
>>322554890
>>
>>322559094
>>322557662
Still here guys, it's a long one, or i just suck at typing. will deliver, I promise.
>>
>>322556812
Not a bad starter job if you live near one. OK benefits, and starting pay is usually around $11 or $12. ($12.50 at the facility near me, but it's a sortation center - package handling, mostly.) Some have full-time positions available. Sortation centers and smaller FCs will probably proliferate in the next few years to the point that Amajobs will be very common among 4chan slackers who can keep their rates up.
>>
>>322561284

But that also increases my cost of living quite a bit. If I'm gonna be working for minimum wage it seems idiotic to be tossing gas and car insurance on top of that.
>>
>>322560132
bro, i was just like you several years ago luckily i got a state job now and i'm set for life. i was working piece of shit temp jobs for a temp agency and found out what an ass fuck corporate america is with abusive employer practices and absolutely no way to fight back or get out unless you have family to support you. volunteer anywhere and everywhere to build up a resume, no matter how shitty and apply for your local government ASAP because working business is ABSOLUTE SHIT
>>
>>322560459
this isn't that kind of thread anon
>>
>>322554890
I work at gamestop. Two things.

1. If you're a NEET you won't be getting hired. They almost never take on employees with no experience.

2. Its fucking hell. Work at McDonalds for a better life. It will make you hate video games also.
>>
>walk into gamestop
>smells like 50 bloated rotting autists crammed into a fanny pack
Good god, having to shop there for the occasional item when I don't want to pay for shipping is bad enough. Why would you work there? Work at Target or Walmart or something if you want shit pay and a miserable job. At least you'll get some exercise and learn how to communicate with people. And you won't have to deal with the SMELL.
>>
>>322559107
>is cumming in a woman easier if you're a femanon
>>
>>322555781
Not gamestop retail
>>
get an overnight stocking job
>>
>>322561129
no.

they wouldn't let you anyway, you need to be certified for that. But its great if you are cause you get paid more.
>>
>>322561592
>Its fucking hell.
what makes it hell?

fellow neet considering this.
>>
>>322561487
Yeah you have a point. Insurance rates for new drivers are kinda ridiculous. But it's good to have the license because if you apply for a job that requires driving a car and they provide that car, then you actually have a chance of landing that job.
>>
>>322560132
stacking shelves in a stock room. I guess you will have to deal with people but rarely. It's the most soul destroying job you'll ever do though.
>>
I teach special education. Having job security is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>322561284
This.
In my area, just a year or two of trade school can land you a 60-70k a year job with ease. may not be the most fun place to work, but you'll be able to support yourself and have a solid place to work.
>>
>>322561129
no, that's usually for the supervisors or leads. footsoldiers get the shit end cleaning the floors, shelves, packaging, loading, and unloading trucks. expect to get minimum wage until you break your back and get your ass fired for it with nothing in your savings, retirement or suing for wrongful termination.
>>
>>322561487
Have you considered public transit?
>>
>>322561508

Oh... no, sorry, I'm not a teenager. I have a pretty full resume as is with 8 years as a turret-lathe/CNC machinist and I got an IT degree and spent the last 9 months working as a database administrator.

Money was fantastic but I'm so sick of it. I want my machinist job back but the shop shut down. i used to just read the blueprints, set the machine up and listen to some music as I'd make the same part day in day out... I fucking loved it, anon. I hate working with computers, even though I'm competent at it.

I never should have gotten my degree but I didn't know what else to do after the shop couldn't compete with foreign markets.
>>
>>322561645
It's hard but I managed it. Burnt my clitoris off though.
>>
>>322554890
no you will get tired of vidya don't do it
>>
>>322561645
I'm sure there are dildos with a function like that now.
>>
>>322562120
Money doesn't buy happiness but it pays off the sadness mafia.

Don't go minimum wage job, it's just as miserable as the high paying jobs, but suddenly you're stressed with bills and other things you never stressed about before.

This is coming from a Target employee. I'd love to not have to worry about rent or food man.
>>
>>322561793
Not that guy, but it's just a miserable experience. You're expected to run the register and keep the store in pristine condition and hawk presales and magazines and greet every person who comes in and be smiling and bubbly and while none of this is particularly difficult, it will erode your soul.
>>
File: Hold E to revive team mate.webm (817 KB, 640x348) Image search: [Google]
Hold E to revive team mate.webm
817 KB, 640x348
>>322555781
>>322555103

>Worked at a McDonalds
>7 dollars an hour
>Barely 3 hour work shifts
>"We aren't getting enough customers, so I gotta let you go home early"
>Weekly pay is like $51
>Watch employment video and it clearly states I get 30 days of training with someone and then I get a review after that.
>I instead get 3 days of training and told I'll just get it later
>They yell at me when I don't know how to properly create a breakfast wrap when NO ONE ELSE comes to work besides the fat red head lesbian manager

Yeah, fast food is great.
>>
>>322561793
Well when you start you'll be pretty excited to be working in a vidya related job, but once the novelty wares off (and it wares off in like a fucking week) you're left with a shitty cashier job.

What makes it worse is that every day you begin to hate video games more and more. While you listen to all the other faggots who work there bang on and on about garbage you'll slowly build the urge to smash every video game console in existence.

The reason I initially started browsing /v/ is because I would come home from work, and the last fucking thing I wanted to do is play vidya. Coming here kind of scratched the itch. But it's like drugs, I don't even like it anymore, but what else am I gonna do?
>>
Anyone have any gamestop stories? I have a cex one. Not much too say, some wigger who worked there was racist to a black guy and told two kids to fuck off. He had those annoying earlobes too. Couldn't believe my fucking ears.
>>
>realize that I need a job because paycheck
>can't find one
I still have yet to lower myself to Walmart and fast food, but I feel like my options are running low.
>>
>>322562487
Work harder.
>>
>>322562710
Then you dont really want to work now do you?
>>
>>322562120
>Oh... no, sorry, I'm not a teenager. I have a pretty full resume as is with 8 years as a turret-lathe/CNC machinist and I got an IT degree and spent the last 9 months working as a database administrator.

uhh then i don't know what to tell you, man you've got it already made you went to school and have 8 years experience as a machinist. you seriously don't need any help from /v/ if any of this is true, you obviously have the tools and capacity to get out of the wage slave life. us neets have no experience, no connections, no references, no friends, no car, no school, and no money. you should not be here
>>
>tfw worked at a dominos delivering for 12 hours a week

Protip, don't order from them. They don't clean their cutters.
>>
>>322562120
My nigga, fellow machinist here. Been at it for 12 years now.
>>
>>322562710
>I still have yet to lower myself to Walmart and fast food, but I feel like my options are running low.

you are lower right now as a neet, dude your parents aren't any more proud of you now than if you worked walmart or mcd's. it doesn't hurt to try them for a few months on the off chance they actually hire you so you'll at least have some experience for your resume and interviews
>>
>>322563026
>you should not be here

Le everyone on 4chan is a NEET meme
>>
File: 1439936657309.png (20 KB, 478x452) Image search: [Google]
1439936657309.png
20 KB, 478x452
>Got a job with a bunch of Mennonites and have a little office to myself
I am extremely lucky catching this job but I don't think this company will last too long. Probably will kill myself once this ride is over.
>>
>>322562487

30 days of training? Nah man. That's corporate bullshit. It's sink or swim bro. I started minimum wage and worked myself up to shift manager in about a year and a half.

Some McDonald's tips:

>Stay out of the kitchen

Do your damnest to stay out of there when you start out. Work registers, drive thru, anything but the kitchen! That should be the last place you learn.

>swallow your pride

Besides working your ass off, you have to make yourself desirable to the managers. You have to make them want to work with you. You need to go above and beyond to upsell yourself.

>Be flexible

Never say no. Never. To anything.

>Be nice

I know, I know, but this is pretty god damn important. Build a relationship with the costumers. Iron your pants, your shirt, look as nice as possible, and smile. Greet them. Serve them. Don't doze off. Stay sharp.
>>
>apply for overnight stock at wal-mart
>get hired for carts
>have bad knees
>hired during the worst winter ever
>yelled at for coming in to warm up because god forbid i try to avoid frostbite
>never trained on cart machine

Ever try pushing one cart through snow? Try pushing 10 at once. Quit after a couple weeks
>>
>>322561438
Okay, Sorry for the delay, guys. Honestly it's not too funny, but it was a moment of justice for me, Getting to help my Boss out.

>be me
>Christmas last year.
>As usual, all the business happens from november up till december as the screechers and hamplanets drive their parents insane for the next call of doody.
>Typical.
>At this point, I've been working the store for about 6 months, Things are organized, well run, and actually pretty stress free.
>My boss is a super cool, ex military, father to two. We'll just call him Boss for the sake of this story.
>Anyway, Boss and I have been through some shit in the last few months, (Destiny release... God, that's a story for another time.) I know him well enough at this point that I know it's him in trouble and not me when he comes up to me one day: "Anon, Can we talk?"
>I won't lie, Boss wasn't the type of person to do the whole "Can we talk" shtick.
>"yeah? Whats up?"
> Tl;DR, store in the next town over just had an employee quit, and they needed a senior advisor to help through the holiday season. Extra money, not too far, Fuck it. I'll do it.
>"Anon, there's a reason I'm asking you, and I want you to consider this carefully."
>ohgod.hereitcomes
>"This manager (Who I will henceforth refer to as Cunt.) Runs a rickety ship. She's not there for the store like I am, and this store is in a mall. If you dont wanna do it I can send (other senior advisor at the store.) but I honestly dont think she can handle the stress.
>This is not the first time I've heard about Cunt. She'd apperently harass Boss about how bloody hard the job was, and would ask for his help all the time. I usually ended up being the only keyholder on premise most of the time because of it. Not that I minded, but I liked boss and could tell she was giving him some serious grief.
>I'm thinking to myself that I totally got this. It's only temporary.

>con't
>>
>>322564105
>current year
>working where it snows at night
>>
>>322564120

>/b/, I still have pictures on my phone of shit that I saw in that store and I'll dig them up for you. But this was like walking into a burning building and dousing yourself with gasoline.
>because I dont want to bore you, Basically the highlights of the whole experience was:

Cunt didn't have my security code set up on my first closing night, had to wait 30 minutes at the store for her to show up and lock things down.
Cunt had the most poorly kept records of transactions I've ever seen, pages would go missing and she'd just "that's unfortunate." I may work a shit job, but even then, I make sure it's the best god damn shit job that anyone's seen. Take pride in all you do and that shit.
Cunt's employee's swearing at the customers.
Cunt's employee's making THE MOST ASININE excuses for things. Literally would just stand at the register for 8 hours and do nothing else.
Cunt shows up to work, Drunk one time.
Cunt's employees show up to work late, almost every single day.

2 days into this snafu I call Boss up.

>"Boss, I know you said it was bad..."
>"How bad is it?"

I tell Boss everything that I'm witnessing. Every last detail.

>"alright anon, here's what we're going to do. I want you to record everything that's not up to code. Mostly because I was there for 2 days in a row bringing her store back up to par, and she's let it get trashed despite asking for my help. I'm sick of this lazy bitch whining at me."
>(I learned later that cunt was calling my boss, complaining about me being "aggressive" and "commanding" Because I was making her employee's do something other than registers.)

>This begins our crusade to get lazy, lying, deadbeat cunt fired.

>cont
>>
>>322561965

I know a trade. All of the machinist jobs are gone in town, now. We used to make a lot of farm equipment but the farmers bought up the shops and moved them to the country so now there ain't shit to do, and everything else is just imported.

>>322562072

I've seen a fair amount of bus drivers getting assaulted by drunk Native Americans downtown. I think I'd rather avoid that.

>>322563026

I realize I am not in as bad a position as some people. I was just looking for any insight as to some easy to get in to solitary job where I'm not debugging computer code/server issues or dealing with customers a lot.

>>322563217

Yo. It's good work. It made for a strong body, too. Damn, I miss it a lot.
>>
>>322564264
it was 2 years ago and i got hired for something i didn't apply for
>>
>>322564281

>Step one was of course, gathering the evidence, (Like I said, I'll photo dump what I can still find at the end of this.) This was almost emberassingly easy to do. Literally whip my phone out infront of her and snap pictures of things. All her employee's did it, she didn't bat an eye.
>Cunt starts getting tired of me trying to salvage this cancerous mess. Starts riding my ass about stupid shit that literally none of her darling fucktards get talked to about.
>Grin and bear it; all part of the plan.
>roadbump
>120 dollars goes missing from the safe at the end of the day.
>isn't discovered until the next day when I'm opening and, surprise surprise, morning till's are short.

>cunt tries to blame it on me in a passive aggressive way.
>ohnoyoudidn't
>I fuckin whirl the ledger out and open it to the last day I worked. Literally no signoffs on anything except the days I opened or closed.
>Literally the only person to ever balance the books at the start and close of shift.
>How does cunt still have a job?...

>cont
>>
>>322563692
Holy shit I hate your life
>>
>>322560132

Learn a trade while you're still young. Aim for something like welder, electrician, or carpenter. The jobs will always be there, the money is great, and you don't have to deal with too many people.

Just get an apprenticeship, work your ass off, and learn something that will always be in demand.
>>
>>322564479
>Finally, one week to christmas. Last day there. All the pieces are in place. Cunt has been getting increasingly salty and beligerent. All according to plan.
>Boss has been in contact the whole time, we're laughing our shekles off at her autistic fits because she's being told to do her job by an "underling."
>we compile the evidence, Boss says he'll handle the rest, Cunt continues to accuse me of stealing from the register and taking accessories and shit.
>Get a call from the Area Manager, Directly, Christmas eve.

>"Anon, Boss told me what you've been doing and what you've had to deal with to help out the sister branch and I personally want to Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You have a merry christmas.
>Immediately call Boss.

>Boss knows. He tells me that she's getting canned the 26th of december. We laughed. He ended up getting me a fucking present.

Hell, shit jobs are gunna be shit jobs. But there's a satisfaction at doing even a shit job well.
>>
Work for them last year for seasonal. Only worked 16 hours. Had me work Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and after Christmas. Most of that time was just filling out quizzes about the employee manual. 0/10 Never working there again.
>>
>>322564623

Electrician sounds interesting, but don't I have to drive around a lot for that?
>>
>>322564664
That's great anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>322564664
This was a brand new copy of a game, one of her tards cut and ruined the disc with a box knife.
>>
>>322563692
>Never say no. Never. To anything.
maybe if you aren't human
>>
>>322554890
If you're a real NEET, you won't get hired. You'll probably need to find the jobs that the 40 year old high school drop outs are at.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
>Graduate from university in Thing
>Don't want to do Thing anymore

Life is weird.
>>
>>322561480
I did the seasonal thing in a California, 14 bucks an hour. It was piss easy, but boring as a board. Need to be able to zone out while doing simple tasks.
>>
>>322554890
>Get a job at GS back in October
>Work the following week
>Ask about what other days I will be working
>Said they will call me
>Weeks pass and no call
>Called them and asked
>Said I missed couple days of work and I was unaware I was supposed to work those days even though no one called me to get my schedule set up
>Decided to quit because they fucking stabbed me in the back because they didn't call me which they were supposed to do

Been looking for other jobs but they either have no interest for me or they are way too goddamn far from home. I dunno if I should work since I do have bad back and shoulders.
>>
>>322565218

What would those jobs be? I'm pretty useless and depressed with my lot in life so this sounds like it's right up my alley.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>322565001
Wrong pic side.
>>
>>322564664
Nice a good ending. Fuck people like that.
>>
>>322555986
>Where were you when robots tuk ur jubs?
>>
Was a great job for what it was, which was a minimum wage mall job. Had a blast with my friends, got to put managerial experience on my resume after a short time, got glowing recommendations from my district manager when I eventually moved on. Really only sucks at the lowest level, but if you aren't a sperg you will get out of that in a couple months.
>>
>>322565498
>Local Mcdonalds now has you make orders on a touch screen display before picking it up at the counter instead of just ordering at the count

The future is scary.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>322565452
This fucking cup of aids grew in the back room for two weeks. To my knowledge it's still there. I left it to see if cunt would do or say anything about it. And no, I didn't leave it there in the first place.
>>
>>322565430
Warehouses, factories, canneries, some place where you do the same thing all day, all year, for the rest of your life.
>>
>>322565748
That really triggers my gag reflex.
>>
File: 1393214567283.jpg (56 KB, 648x486) Image search: [Google]
1393214567283.jpg
56 KB, 648x486
>>322565748
Is that a mug of dried cum?
>>
>>322554890
Good luck. You have to be friends with somebody who works at a Gamestop in order to have ANY chance of working there.
>>
>>322565905
>>322565895

Nigga, I have no fucking Idea. Cunt was a whale and she spent 90% of her time in the back room instead of handling the clusterfuck that was customers and the floor. That was apperently my job.
>>
>>322565795

>some place where you do the same thing all day, all year, for the rest of your life.

Anon is this supposed to scare me away? I just want something simple where people will leave me alone and just let me work until I can die and be forgotten.
>>
>>322555103
>fast food
>dignity

lol
>>
>>322554890
It used to be a good place to work, I worked there in highschool when it was still called Electronic Boutique (Canadafag) and they were about as bro as a retail position could be. People would come in, chat about games, buy games, old people would come in and try to buy Tony hark ice skating for their grand kids, etc. When Gamestop took over they turned into a RETAIL MACHINE and holy fuck the stuff they make people do now. You can get fired for not answer the phone with like a 10 second speel about "TRADE AND SAVE WITH GAMESTOP, TRADE YOUR IPOD PHONE OR OTHER DEVICE" and if you don't sell so many warranties per month you're cut. Fuck, I hate that place now, quit and took over managing a shipping warehouse, way less stressful.

Also, they actually teach employees to slip the warranty on without asking these days. Shadey as hell.
>>
>>322556396
All true, but the government covers your healthcare, which is nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>322565748
This shit was all over the place. No one ever changed the price stickers on the cases. So they would mismatch in the system. We always had to give the lower price. This was the second most annoying thing about this place.
>>
>>322566126
It's just what it is, but you'll never be left alone. You'll have to participate in the group "meetings", chat with the dumbass at lunch, nod your head when your manager tells you the wrong way to do something.
>>
>>322566353
Thanks for the story Anon. By any chance are you Hispanic?

Legit question as I hardly meet other races that would take pride in their work when working in shit jobs.
>>
>>322566353
Number one pet peeve was that nothing was where it was supposed to be. And I swear to god at any given time you could go to the shelves, pick a game off there, and have a 20% chance that it had the cd in there and you could just walk out.

I hated that place. It made me miss my home store so bad.
>>
>>322562193
London
>>
>>322566551

>You'll have to participate in the group "meetings"

Meetings don't bother me. Either they're informative or not. No matter what it's just a break.

>chat with the dumbass at lunch

People are a lot more tolerable when they're not a customer. This is also fine.

>nod your head when your manager tells you the wrong way to do something.

Doesn't sound like someone who is going to be a manager for very long.
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 1280x960
>>322566569
Sorry to disappoint anon, I'm as filthy dumb Caucasian cis white privilege scum as they come.
>>
>>322567482
Kek you look like a Gamestop worker. Were do you work now?
>>
>>322567482
Well good on you for being the way you are with your jobs, regardless of how shitty they may be.
nigger
>>
File: 1451577554686.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1451577554686.gif
2 MB, 448x252
Finished associates degree and got hired on full-time with apple.

and yeah, Scruffy as fuck, I need a haircut and a shave. Lazy as hell lately

Pic related to what I do.
>>
>>322567951
>>322567610
>>322567693
>>322567482
Forgot to tag like a faggot.
>>
>>322565403

I feel this pain. I live this pain. what field was your toilet paper in?
>>
>>322566317
Which...you pay for in taxes?
>>
>>322556812
>>322560863
>>322561016
These guys know what's up.

Logistics can be pretty chill if you have half a brain and not a complete tub of lard.
>>
>>322567335
>Doesn't sound like someone who is going to be a manager for very long
Anon, that's the first thing you need to learn about employment. People like that will always be managers. Because, frankly, you did whatever it was and if shit hits the fan, they have more pull with the regional folks than you ever will.
>>
>>322568341

That sounds like a company that isn't going to be around very long. Why would I care? This isn't some fortune 500 company that deals in bullshit to pay the bills, it's a fucking warehouse where higher ups aren't going to enjoy that their fucking profit margins are being FUCKED.
>>
>>322556147
0/5
>>
>>322554890
it's bretty great because you get to fuck with autists and children

good luck getting hired without tits though
>>
>>322563692
>aspires to be a great mcdonalds manager
holy shit anon. Please have mercy upon yourself and end your miserable life.
>never say no
well? what are you waiting for. do it in a BK parking lot too.
>>
File: 1451254513592.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1451254513592.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>only have volunteer experience
>in a good university program
>can't get hired
this is horse shit, what am I suppose to do? lie on my resume? because nothing else seems to work.
>>
>>322568761
Topkek you are a grade-A capitalist cocksucker. Please get a job soon so it can crush your naive, little conservacuck soul.
>>
>>322556147
one or the other nigga, focus on one game at time or you gonna get fucked
>>
>>322569561
doing a bunch of unpaid internships
>>
>>322567482

>Pura Vida

todo bien, mae?
>>
>>322569561

>what am I suppose to do? lie on my resume?

Actually, yes, you are. Just make sure it's something you can back up and bullshit through without it getting traced back.
>>
>>322569561
>Do I lie to get ahead?
What do you think the HR fucks that skim your resume did, honest work?
They look for key words and qualifications. You fill in those blanks, it makes them look smart if you do the job right. Your actual credentials don't mean shit.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.