[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>terraria >each update add tons and tons of content,from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 199ccb0pu8qvwpng[1].png (380 KB, 755x427) Image search: [Google]
199ccb0pu8qvwpng[1].png
380 KB, 755x427
>terraria
>each update add tons and tons of content,from early game to late game, tons of different itens and playstiles,lots of decorations and stuff, etc.

starbound
>each update adds more decorations
>each update remove more features, like hunger, cold, some bosses got canned, etcetc
>literally bans the guy that made a mod to add the stuff back
>????

why? how can they waste a game with som much potential?
>>
>>322543731

that's what happens when everyone in the dev team is an "ideia guy"
>>
Starbound was never good.
>>
>game is dead
>/vg/ general is dead
>>
>>322543731
I'd like some sources for that.
Haven't followed the game that much, since it wasn't that great. Thought it might get better later with more content.
>>
can I get some source for the banned modder?
>>
>>322545245
He probably means the CLeF guy, who was literally autistic and ragequit because FU was more popular
>>
>>322543731
Honestly if they just made it so visiting planets wasn't a linear process whose sole purpose is to gather a specific mineral than it could be great.

But they all feel the fucking same. A new visual theme, random monsters that all act the same way, and so on. Nothing actually feels different.
>>
>>322543731
>>literally bans the guy that made a mod to add the stuff back
I don't believe that
>>
>each update remove more features, like hunger, cold,

Those features were awful and hamfisted though, other than that you're right, Starbound is terrible.
>>
>>322547332
Wasn't done the best, but I really liked the cold. Helped make the planet feel a little different at least.

But yeah, fuck hunger unless it's more than an afterthought.
>>
>>322543731
Theres a reason why the original Terraria devs had a falling out. Lose one guy and gain 4 BETTER employees or how many staff there is now.
>>
File: what goin on.png (13 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
what goin on.png
13 KB, 350x300
>tfw fell for the hype
So much wasted time
So much wasted potential
>>
>>322543731
There is a reason why Terraria got better after he left you know?
>>
>>322547776
Meh, it's just 13 Yuros, it's not the end of the world.
However I'm kinda sad about the fact that it will fucking never ever get finished.
>>
>>322548020
It always seemed to me like he tried to be a douche and "one-up" redigit with Starbound. Kinda glad the game is now and forever shit if that was really the case.

Starbound lucked out because they were able to generate all kinds of retarded hype back when low effort hype generation for indie projects was still getting results. If this shit were to land on the scene today, no one would care.

Case in point: Planet Centauri looks like it blasts the piss out of Starbound, but no one even talks about it since it was revealed last year.
>>
I don't feel bad for anyone who bought into Scambound

seriously this project was peddled by mental midgets- it had "unprofessional dream-game that'll never happen" all over it. and anyone who bought this is just plain stupid

use your fucking noggins m8...god damn...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.