[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extremely divisive with strong arguments for and against playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Extremely divisive with strong arguments for and against playing it or just bad?
>>
>>322541240
It's not as cut and dry as that.

It's a beautiful, frustratingly designed, and light on combat game that successfully makes you feel like you're in the films.

How much that's worth is up to you.
>>
>>322541519
sorry, meant light on CONTENT.
>>
Half-assed half-game.
It's got pretty graphics and that's about it.

Oh and obligatory >Very nice sound design
>>
>>322541519
>>322541885
By "makes you feel like you're in the films", he obviously means has pretty graphics and sound.

Which it does. But it sure as fuck is nowhere close to authentic with the inaccurate weapons, literally everyone with infinite ammo and sniper, CoD-style health, infinite grenades.

It IS pretty, though.
>>
>>322542587

Oh and the maps are very small. Even Hoth was fucking small, it felt like a CoD map. Obviously quite a bit bigger than one but it sure as fuck was much smaller than the Battlefront 2 Hoth.
>>
Fun game to just sit back and chill but there's shit all content. At level 30 I had done everything and I haven't touched it since I got to level 50 which is max rank.

The gun play is fun and as others have said the graphics and sound is amazing.

If you enjoy star wars you'll like it but if not I'd give it a pass.
>>
Looks and sounds amazing, has little content and is too shallow. Just get BF4 premium if you don't have that.
>>
>>322542587

>inaccurate weapons

Please explain.
>>
>looks and sounds nice
so it's a good popcorn flick
>>
>>322543667
Weapons in Star Wars have ammo. They're not a cooldown type of thing.
>>
>>322543961

They use power cells. What's not to say that they have cooldowns because the power cells last long?
>>
>>322543961
to me that complaint is like saying "the jetpacks weren't cards".
it's a gameplay decision, and it's not a bad one.
>>
>>322544475
A lot of us are arguing it's a stupid gameplay decision.
>>
>>322544475
>reducing the number of weapons you can have in any given situation
>removing classes and loadout specialization
>making it so that all players will end up as generic riflemen with jetpacks because there is absolutely no reason NOT to use the jetpack

It's a pretty shit decision.
>>
>>322544665
>>322544892
hey now i'm only saying i don't think it's unauthentic to have cooldowns on guns, just as i wouldn't think it's unauthentic to have jetpacks on cards.
classes and more varied loadouts would have been better.
>>
>>322544475
Yes it is a bad one. It's also not canon you cockmongler.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.