[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know how Sony can recover from this blunder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: psvitanfs.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
psvitanfs.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
I think sony should do what nintendo did with the New 3ds.

>Release revamped version of psvita improved specs and with 3d support and eye tracking
>Advertise the shit out of the fact psvita now has 3d
>Release new version of playstation all stars , get Cloud/Sephiroth as a DLC characters

When people see the New PSVita it will be flying off shelves like the new 3ds
>>
File: opisafuckinmoron.png (532 KB, 970x584) Image search: [Google]
opisafuckinmoron.png
532 KB, 970x584
>>322540730
they tried that shithead.
>>
>>322540880
It didn't have 3d or playstation all stars 2.
>>
>>322540730
the reason the vita failed is because sony was so fucking jewish from the very beginning.
>>
>>322541535
3D is retarded, Playstation All-Stars 2 is also a dumb fucking idea/
>>
>>322544095
But the whole reason people buy a 3ds is to play super smash bros and pokemon in 3d. If sony does the same they can make up some ground.
>>
if we had another GTA game like LCS or VCS and Rockstar said it wasn't going to come to any console a year later, that might help the vita.
>>
>>322540730
How about making it so that it can use decent standard-issue MicroSD cards instead of that proprietary nonsense?
>>
File: 2016-01-01-201707.jpg (759 KB, 960x3808) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01-201707.jpg
759 KB, 960x3808
I love my vita!
>>
As long as there's no real spearhead game, there's no hope no matter what they do with hardware. And it's too late now anyway.
>>
>>322540730
But the New 3DS is barely selling.

Anyways, the only problem with the Vita is its lack of games.
>>
>>322540730
i know a better way.

>Localize MORE weeb games
>develop/fund classic jrpgs like Setsuna and world of final fantasy
>make a ps2 emulator for ps vita just like they did with ps4

steady income for years.
>>
Here Sony, feel free to use these ideas. I won't charge you
>new vita model
>has sd card slot (probably micro)
>has replaceable battery like psp
>better resolution
>has homebrew and can emulate up to ps2
>price drop
I saved the vita
>>
>>322540730

>make the PSVita specs better

Are you literally retarded?
>>
All Sony had to do was swap out memory cards for MicroSD, put TV-out back in and support Dualshock 3 and Dualshock 4 over bluetooth. And make some games for the west for once.
>>
>>322551274
nobody buys handhelds for western shit
>>
>>322551274
>>322550962
>micro sd
You can think its bullshit, but you know why they didn't do that.
>>
>>322540880
The 2000 was a downgraded version though.
>>
>>322551946
People can dump Vita OS files and write homebrew files to the memory card so I'm not seeing the justification.

>>322550962
If you increase the resolution further from 960x544, games will struggle even more to hit their target framerate. Either that or developers will lower the resolution to sub-native resolutions so you will get ugly ass blocky output. Higher resolution on Vita is the last thing anybody would want.
>>
>>322552362
>less premium materials
>lighter and smaller

>switched from OLED to LCD
>better battery life

>proprietary USB and charging port/cable
>now just micro USB

Calling it a downgrade is misleading
>>
>>322540730
They dont need to do such things.

Just get Capcom to release MHX on Vita or bring Frontier to the west.

Get Rockstar to release Vice City / San Andreas / Bully on Vita.

Release another Uncharted.

Release a Vita GoW.

Release Gravity Rush 2 on vita instead of waiting 4 years to release it on ps4.

Release Zoe Collection on vita like it was announced.

Release Ico / SoTc collection on vita.

Release Okami on vita.
if they had done such things the system would've sold SO MUCH better.
>>
Won't work. PSPs only appeal to weebs and Japs for lewd games, the reason the original was ever successful otherwise was because you could emulate shit on it.
>>
>>322553392
>switched from OLED to LCD

That's exactly why it's a downgrade. The OLED screen is fucking beautiful and on top of using LCD they made it piss colored.
>>
>>322554931
It's about as piss colored as people claimed that there are black lines running through a PSP 3000.

Don't bother posting that one comparison picture because that's how cameras work.
>>
>Release new version of playstation all stars , get Cloud/Sephiroth as a DLC characters
what is a "non-compete clause" ??
>>
>>322555081
It's still a shitty LCD instead of a glorious OLED.
>>
>>322554931
no more burn in or shitty mura effect
>>
>>322540730

It's funny because that's a horrible idea but you're presenting it as a good one.
>>
>>322555081
I own both, a 1k and a 2k and the difference is there.

Specially in the games developed before the release of the 2k where the games were made with colors that went along an OLED screen.

>>322555309
Burn ins only happen if you leave your screen still for MANY hours. It wont happen unless you force it since the system goes to sleep automatically if you are not using it.

And the mura effect is only noticeable on a pitch black screen in a dark room.
>>
>>322555309
You literally never see mura effect outside of turning it on or some completely black loading screens. You're an idiot if you get a burn in, that's your own fault.
>>
File: VitaAndVitaLite.jpg (377 KB, 640x678) Image search: [Google]
VitaAndVitaLite.jpg
377 KB, 640x678
>>322555531
I'm not saying there's no difference, but people often call it a piss filter because of that one really fucking retarded picture. It's misleading because if the camera's white point is set on the top picture, then the bottom picture will look off accordingly.
>>
>>322544418
Except all stars was garbage and they have no pokemon. PSP or Vita and whatever they all the next one will never be a success. People aren't chasing specs in a handheld, they want fun, innovation and ease of access in their handhelds. Sony and it's nygs don't seem to get this. Even they don't buy them though.
>>
Since most people just use smartphones, they should make a PSP smartphone.
>>
>>322554931
OLED hardware is shit. Literally /v/ is the only technology related place where they praise an OLED device. Oled, has shitty color accuracy. Go talk about how good OLED is at /g/. They will laugh for 3 days. All the green and blues are fucked up.

But you dont have to trust my words. Do the following. Run Rayman on a good IPS calibrated computer screen. Have both Vita and Vita slim models running Rayman. See which one is closer to your computer screen. The vita slim has much better colors at the expense of a bit lower contrast. OLED is like niggers with their Dre Beats. They have shit highs and mids, but every nigger cant stop talking about the lows (blacks in this case). Which btw are also non accurate.

>>322555615
You dont have to burn it in order to get mura effect. Plus it has a 5 years life time as every fucking OLED device, and after that the colors become even more horrible then they already are. The ps vita doesnt have a magical OLED. Its a plain regular oled with all advantages and disadvantages. Its a shit technology and thats why it was replaced long ago.

Oled is dead and for good reason.
>>
>>322555927
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BubKWZ7HiP4

bitch pls, the yellowish tint is there
>>
so if I wanted to get a vita should I not get the 2000? I was stuck on this when picking out PSPs and ended up just getting a 3000
>>
>>322552362
I have both and I prefer 2000, and the only thing that got downgrade is the screen which even then is barely noticeable unless compare side by side.

Anyone who prefer 1000 are either because they dont have 2000 or have autism about the screen.
>>
>>322540730

Fuck that shit, I want it to stay a "flop".

As long as it stays under the radar of fucking normalfags I'll keep getting my niche games.
>>
>>322556369
>Plus it has a 5 years life time as every fucking OLED device

Lifetime depends on usage, if you dont use it for 5 years it will still be the same when you turn it on.

OLED colors degrade around 30% after 8000 hours of usage. That means 8000 hours of gameplay anon.
If you cant change your device after 8000 hours of using it then the problem is you, not the device.
>>
>>322556490
the screen is the most important aspect of a handheld you moron
>>
>>322544418
>But the whole reason people buy a 3ds is to play Monster Hunter

Fixed.
>>
>>322556369
You're fucking retarded if you don't think the OLED screen on the vita looks better than the LCD on the 2000.

>You dont have to burn it in order to get mura effect

Show me the part where that was ever implied.

>Plus it has a 5 years life time as every fucking OLED device

You have to put in a whole lot of hours for any real degradation to take place. To be a first gen sony console 5 years is a pretty damn good amount of time.
>>
3D halves the framerate
>>
>>322556369
The lifetime being 5 years is said about OLED TVs and Phones assuming they are used every single day for more than 5 hours.

And only then, its considered its lifetime because the colors degrade around 20%/30%, not because the device itself stops working.

That said, I dont know about you but given the ammount of time I use my handhelds I´d have to use my Vita for more than 10 years before I see a difference.

That said, other components are going to fail such as buttons and the battery before that happens.
>>
>>322556852
>not weight
>not battery life
>not compatibility
Whatever float your boat anon.
For me having a micro USB charging port is already won me over to 2000.
I just dont feel like having another special snowflake charging cable lying around.
>>
>>322552729
Now they can. They weren't able to for years.
>>
>>322554931
OLED screens are beautiful, but at the cost of being relatively short-lived and disposable. It's why they're on all the smart-phones these days, they're pretty, but they wear out after about 2-3 years, which is generally when the average consumer would replace their phone with a newer one.
Sony obviously had this same idea at first with the Vita, designing it with planned obsolescence in mind, banking on there being a Vita 2 before too long.
When that was obviously not panning out, they were nice enough to replace the screen in the revised version with LCD, which isn't quite as good looking, but will last a shit-ton longer.

The Vita 1000 looks pretty now, but the Vita 2000 will still look good in 10 years.
>>
>>322558712
>implying a handheld is used even 1/10th of the usage a smartphone is given.

Life expectancy depends on usage, not unvariable time. The OLED screen of the PS Vita will be just fine in 10 years.
>>
File: 1451306337843.png (117 KB, 305x252) Image search: [Google]
1451306337843.png
117 KB, 305x252
No amount of hardware upgrades will save the ps vita.

It's over the 3ds won, the ps vita lost and Sony will most likely not produce a successor.

Mario, Pokemon and Monster Hunter were just too op software wise to compete with. On top of this game franchises like yokai watch and "waifu" emblem basically gave the 3ds that constant edge in the monthly game sales chart embarrassing Vita sales.

The only solace Vita owners can take is that Gravity Rush won't die with Vita and Nintendo got gut checked hard with Wii U's sub-par performance.
>>
>>322559665
>Life expectancy depends on usage, not unvariable time.

Yes and no.
OLED screens tend to break down regardless of usage, albeit, it takes shorter or longer depending on usage.
And phones actually have less usage overall compared to a handheld. With a phone, you turn it on for maybe 30 seconds to a minute or two at a time to send a text or make a phone call. Handhelds are on and in use for potentially hours at a time.
>>
>>322560282
Normies spend hours on twitter and looking up facebook tier memes on their phone though, you're full of shit.
>>
>>322557998
Same. I only bought myself a Vita when the 2000 hit. The charging cable was the #1 reason I didn't want a 1000. By which I mean I didn't want it, at all.

If a 3000 was to be made the only feature it'd need, is to use real memory. If that happened the 1000 and 2000 would automatically become garbage.
>>
>>322560282
You are full of bullshit.
Normies use their phones up to 6 hours a day (more than 4000 hours a year) using social media and shit.

Meanwhile the average handheld user uses the device less than 2 hours a day on average (less than 700 hours a year).
>>
>>322561612
Just so you're aware, 6 hours a day for a full year is nowhere near 4000 hours.
>>
>>322561612
The average "normie" also replaces their phone once every two years or so, and if there was to be a Vita 2, we'd see it around year 5 or 6, so that works out.
>>
>>322562689
The average normie doesn't replace their phone because of their OLED screen, they replace it because something new comes out.

The OLED screen has a life-cycle of 8000 hours of usage. Where at that point the color intensity deteriorates between 16% and 30% depending on the color.

Assuming you use your handheld for 730 hours a year, which is kind of an exaggeration for a handheld, you´d need to use your handheld for more than 12 years to reach that point.

Whereas TVs and Smartphones reach that life-cycle faster because they are used THAT MUCH MORE than a handheld.
>>
File: Vendecentre_3_vf1.jpg (408 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Vendecentre_3_vf1.jpg
408 KB, 960x544
>>322540730
Why doesn't Sony just rebrand the Vita like they did with the PS3?
Instead of making it a PS4 lite, they should try and separate it from the Playstation Console family and let it stand out as it's own worthwhile device.
heck, the new Nintendo portable will probably be less powerful than it, so why not just drop the price and try to undercut the next Nintendo portable system?

Gravity Rush was the most comfy world and they should focus on classics like that
>>
>>322556965
Fucking Memester Hunter. Pokemon is the actual reason.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.