[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How different do you think will it be by the time we hear more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: VlafPAeysgOmUxb-800x450-noPad.jpg (95 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
VlafPAeysgOmUxb-800x450-noPad.jpg
95 KB, 800x450
How different do you think will it be by the time we hear more info on it?
>>
Hopefully it will have actual atmosphere
>>
Not much, but they will never advertise it again and send it out to die.
>>
Knowing that we haven't had anymore info on the game since its rocky reveal, they better have it reshapen if they want it to sell well
>>
>>322534997
>Codename STEAM
>Chibi-Robo Zip Lash
>TriForce Heroes

Seems to be the trend for 3DS games
>>
>>322535284
Seems to be a trend for unique 3DS games.

>BUT THEY SUCK

Doesn't matter, they're unique titles.

People whine and cry about rehashing Mario and then they don't buy anything different.
>>
>>322537059
Just because something is 'different' doesn't mean it's something people will like. I'm not going to buy some crappy looking Metroid game , because I'm tired of NSMB
>>
>>322533957
Knowing Nintendo not much
>>
Ideally they'll just make it a bigger, prettier, faster, more "hardcore" game like people want from Metroid.

I'd play the shit out of Federation Force if:

>it was an actual shooter with real aiming mechanics and not just using Prime 1/2 style lock-on+strafe trash
>it wasn't ugly ugly
>it looked actually challenging
>it had a fully fleshed out death match/pvp type mode
>>
>>322535284
>Codename STEAM
>TriForce Heroes

They advertised those games a lot though.
>>
File: Federation_Force_Pirates.jpg (27 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Federation_Force_Pirates.jpg
27 KB, 400x240
The game focuses on an archaeological survey mission into former Galactic Federation territory that has been overtaken by the Space Pirates.[2] [3] The game starts out with Blast Ball, an in-universe training exercise that produces a Marine of exceptional skill, which the player will take control of. The game is set in a solar system with three different planets, with ten missions on each for a total of 30 missions in the game. Known settings include Excelcion, an ice planet with an abandoned Federation base containing a weapon the Pirates seek to exploit. Another level, C-3 Island, has been seen as well, set in a desert environment. The third environment, which has not been seen, is said to be "made of gas".[4] Kensuke Tanabe has also revealed that one mission will feature Metroids, and another features minecart-based gameplay. [5] Tanabe has twice claimed that the game takes place between Metroid II: Return of Samus and Super Metroid, "as the other Primes did".[6] This is likely an error on Tanabe's part, as the Prime series takes place between Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid II. Super Metroid takes place only a few hours after Metroid II.
Before starting a mission, the players can equip various items in three categories: Support, Assist or Offense. This is similar to classes in an RPG title and can turn individual Marines into healers, soldiers or "wizards". Items include Repair Capsules, which is shot at a teammate to heal them, or Decoys, which deploy a model of Samus Aran to distract Space Pirates. Unlike the core Metroid Prime trilogy and Prime Hunters, there is no Scan Visor or similar mechanic in the game.[6]
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_Prime:_Federation_Force#cite_note-3
Thoughts?
>>
>>322533957
Reminds me of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. A lose/lose situation.

If it's bad, it takes the entire series name down with it and weakens any excitement people may have for a potential future/traditional installment.

If it's good, there will never be another sequel in this style again anyway after the immense backlash from its reveal
>>
>>322537548
>Just because something is 'different' doesn't mean it's something people will like
I agree, but I find it amusing that people will both deride attempts to do something new AND simultaneously complain about rehashing safe titles that everybody buys.
>>
>>322537823
The latter sure, but nothing exemplary.

The former not at all, no.
>>
>>322537825
Yes, it's first person Triforce Heroes but with a slight hint of Metroid, nothing we didn't already know. It even has a ball minigame ffs.
>>
File: image_324601_fit_940.jpg (45 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
image_324601_fit_940.jpg
45 KB, 940x529
Ever since NLG revealed those cancelled concepts for their pre-Dark Moon Metroid game, I knew they'd be an awful choice for this series

They specialize in comedic liveliness, expressive animations, and linearity. They're a perfect fit for literally ANY other Nintendo series EXCEPT Metroid, and now they have to find out the hard way. Different gameplay is one thing, but it doesn't even seem like they tried to emulate the normal Metroid artstyle/atmosphere.
>>
>>322537823
not codename steam
>>
>>322537823
They talked about it several times in Nintendo Directs (the one I remember most fondly being when they advertised the amiibo functionality and the fast forward update) but there was no actual "advertising" of it. They even revealed it behind closed doors at E3, so I have no clue what they were thinking with that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.