[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go so horribly, horribly wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
Where did it all go so horribly, horribly wrong?
>>
The game got censored.
The non-censored one is on the N64, and Nintendo is known for censoring things...
WHAT?
>>
>>322532934
Well actually, it got MORE censored.
>>
>>322531305

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Co0gfj18
>>
>>322532934
This is Project Spark, not Live & Reloaded
>>
At conker's inception.
>>
>>322531305
it pretty much is a pg version of conker in a crappy game instead of a conker game
>>
It was always unfunny shit
>>
>>322531305
lack of talant
>>
>>322536750
Chris Seavor is a one-hit wonder in every sense
>>
Microsoft bought Rare and immediately canceled the Conker sequel they were working on so they could focus on Grabbed by the Ghoulies. This would have been a true sequel, not the multiplayer-only game that they considered making a few years later.
>>
>>322533416
That music in the first second sounds fucking gay and horrible. Whoever produced that fucking garbage should be shot. Eaten alive. Skinned and then whipped. Fucking impaled on a stick. Fuck that music.
>>
>>322538153
The music in the ending is pretty fucking gay too.
>>
>>322538153
The Mario & Luigi music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhywIw2SLUs
>>
>>322531305
N64: Slight censorship, but Rare is based in UK, so I guess it makes sense that there is slight censorship, probably on Nintendo's part.
Xbox :Irony is, the game was originally supposed to be "Uncut" Instead it gets back-lashed and became more censored than the original.
Xbone: We're fucked, he's dead.
>>
>>322531305
not sure lad
>>
>>322538846
>Instead it gets back-lashed and became more censored than the original.
Who made the call for that to happen, Rare or Microsoft?

From what I understand, Conker on Xbox was one of the few games where Microsoft actually had some influence on how the game came out, whereas the choices behind something like Nuts & Bolts was 100% Rare's doing
>>
>>322536995
1 voice actor who designed 1 decent game =/= the entire old Rareware staff
>>
>>322538831
Yeah. That sounds gay as fuck. Only gay people would like that gay as fuck music.
>>
File: Ive lost control of my feel.png (383 KB, 640x647) Image search: [Google]
Ive lost control of my feel.png
383 KB, 640x647
>Tfw never played Live & Reloaded multiplayer

How much did I miss out on?
>>
Never forget what could have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uoHfmOlTyM
>>
>>322539153
don't be hatin' on Yoko Shimomura.

>>322539213

you're not. It was garbage, they should've just brought back the n64 multiplayer games.
>>
>>322539685
Yoko Shimomura must be really fucking gay
Ennio Morricone is best composer bar none.
>>
>>322539592
I thought you were going to link this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDnvVbdEs7c
>>
>>322539139
Honestly, I have no idea, you'd think Microsoft would allow it to be uncut, considering microsoft at the time had games where they were uncut with a tiny bit of censorship i believe, so maybe it would've just been N64: HD remake, but from what I remember there were some complications that made it so a few things were cut on Rare's part, and probably made Rare think, "If we can't do that, we can't do this."
>>
>>322539743
>gaygaygaygaygay

Are you gay yourself, anon?
>>
>>322540282
No I'm not.
>>
File: latest.png (54 KB, 206x321) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
54 KB, 206x321
>>322539936
It's a shame Conker's evil doppleganger never stuck around

I would have loved to have seen the type of personality he'd have had in an M rated game
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.