[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SEGA thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 37
File: 1443948978700.png (46 KB, 424x308) Image search: [Google]
1443948978700.png
46 KB, 424x308
>Sonic 25th anniversary game coming
>Multiple sources confirming tons of PC ports that have been begged for, like Vanquish, and Resonance of Fate, and Miku, and Yakuza
>Multiple sources confirm localizations of a ton of back-catalogue games that have been missed
>More 3DS classics on the way that are amazing as always
>ATLUS stuff
>More CA stuff
>New Aliens game in the works
>Relic Stuff coming
>New CEO who's first announcement was a desire to be a brand again

Is it time?

Is SEGA entering a new golden age?

Are we back bros? It's been so long.
Should we expect the inevitable deluge of former SEGAfags that dropped out during the dreamcast or buyover, and will act like they've been tried and true fans in the bad times? They generally shit up these threads.
>>
>>322530530
I don't argue (not the OP).

I've liked everything after Unleashed to some degree...besides Boom.
>>
>>322530169
I hope you're not pulling the news about more 3D calssics out of your ass. I love old Sega. I hope that one day we'll see the return of good Sega IPs that have been dead for far too long. They should use Fire Emblem's popularity for instance and make a proper new Shining Force game.
>>
Really hope those rumors of a possible VF6 are true
>>
>>322531749

The 3D classics are coming. Another round will be out soon, and M2 is still working for SEGA apparently, so...gonna be more coming. Considering they're the only people doing the 3DS classics anymore, I wouldn't doubt we'll see more.
>>
>>322531891

We'll know in feburary, during that fighting game cab announcement event. I mean, all the dots about this shit connect, so I highly doubt that it won't be there. I mean, Haruki is looking for things to remind us of what SEGA used to be a brand. VF is definitely one of those things.
>>
>>322530169
>Multiple sources confirming tons of PC ports that have been begged for, like Vanquish, and Resonance of Fate, and Miku, and Yakuza

Don't toy with my heart, anon.
>>
File: Phantasy-Star-Online-3-750x422.jpg (126 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy-Star-Online-3-750x422.jpg
126 KB, 750x422
>>322530169
>Wants to win back the trust and favor of the west.
>Still won't make up for not delivering what they owe us 6 years ago

Fuckin Sega
>>
>>322533308
but you're getting an anime though!
fuck sega
>>
sonic adventure 3
>>
>>322533308

Anon, I'm the biggest SEGAfag around.

Never ever.

Because it's good, it's really good, and it's good because it spends a lot of time licensing out products and franchises, and ripping off some as well. To do that, they license them out for Asia only, or do things that can only be done in Asia. As such, it can't leave Asia due to legal reasons. It will never come here because of that. Games like Shenmue and S3&K are going through issues like this because SEGA has shirked their international legal obligations since the 80s.

To be frank, I've already played and fallen out of love with it. It's easy to patch and play. You can do it any time you want.

The only thing you can bet on is that any future games will come here with fewer legal issues, because the TPP is going to bring Japan's IP laws in line with the U.S.'s
>>
File: black rappy.jpg (70 KB, 800x512) Image search: [Google]
black rappy.jpg
70 KB, 800x512
>>322533308
>6 years
>>
>>322530169
I hope so, have been a sega fan since the Mega Drive. At least i get Yakuza 0 next year.
>>
>Multiple sources confirm localizations of a ton of back-catalogue games that have been missed
>whythefuckyoulyin.webm
>>
>>322530169
>>More 3DS classics on the way that are amazing as always
source
i bought pretty much everything worthwhile out of all the 3ds classics, and I want more. monster boy and phantasy star would be amazing, as would even some of the actual 3D arcade games (portable VF2 with online and moveset PLEASE)
>>
>>322530169
PSO2 to USA please SEGA... I'm dying for it

(Any news on that?)
>>

Can you post two sources for this?
>>
>>322534649

Monster boy is coming as a new game. I know FDG and The Game Atelier were working on it, and I think SEGA themselves picked it up as a publishing agreement.

Looking at the 3D classics wiki, there's some more on the way from SEGA in a collection. After that's out, we'll probably hear about more. The contract with M2 hasn't been announced as finished yet. I'd expect more until they announce that gone.
>>
>>322534969

See >>322533860

The latest news is still "They're thinking about it", but I highly doubt it will happen.

Something tells me they're waiting to see how the Diet handles the TPP. If they grandfather everything in, I doubt you'll see the game in the U.S.

If they have to change everything anyway, expect a U.S. release.
>>
>>322534649
There's some unique 3D Classics coing on the physical collections, plus some trademark stuff from months back.
>>
>>322533308
>wanting to play an official english version of PSO2
>after PSOBB's retarded management
>after PSU's even more retarded management
>after PSPo2's drama because of hacked items codes that are supposed to be part of the marketing strategy
>even though everybody knows that absolutely no cross-over content will ever be released on the english version
Might as well patch it up and play the jp version with the fan translation.
PSO2 is shit, anyway, and the magic of "4 (four) boob sliders" character creation ends as soon as you confirm your character because the actual dressing up content is limited as fuck.
>>
>Relic stuff incoming
Dawn of War 3?
>>
WHERE IS SHENMUE HD SEGA ?
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 640x480
>>322532020
>tfw this is one of them
>>
>>322535201

TSSZ and I think Kotaku both had independent sources, though I think Kotaku's source was that they can't "confirm or deny the rumors"
>>
>>322533860
But every collaboration they make is something that already as a good following in the west with the exception of Yuru Yuri? Also why would licencing be split between regions when the project is supposed to be worldwide and handled under the same company? Why would such a thing stop them from at least giving us Nova or Psp2 infinity?
>>
>>322535696
I'd love to have a physical copy of the 3D classics collection(s). But they'll probably remain Japan exclusive.
>>
jet set radiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
File: Listen here, faggot.png (232 KB, 429x277) Image search: [Google]
Listen here, faggot.png
232 KB, 429x277
>>322535745
>yfw Relic x Creative Assembly strategy game
>>
I need VOOT and VOF on Steam, please.
>>322536125
Future HD when?
>>
>>322535995

>Also why would licencing be split between regions

That's how you license things. It's generally split between regions to save money. The idea being, if it takes off in one region, the person licensor (the original content creators) can then license the product to the licensee (SEGA) for more money when they want to take things global. This is how things are done in every part of the entertainment industry involving licensing of other people's works, from music to movies to video games.

The more you know.
>>
>>322536567
The more you realize how stupid and inconvenient that is, especially considering the investment of licensing to a larger region would only benefit you and increase revenue
>>
>>322530169
>Is SEGA entering a new golden age?
You mean SEGA-Sammy? No.

>a bunch of ports to PC
>studios they've bought continuing without interference
Fucking amazing.

>first announcement was a desire to be a brand again
The first step is to admit you have a problem.
>>
>>322536989

But if the original rate wasn't made, the content would have never been created in the first place. It lowers risk of a bad investment. SEGA gets bitched at a lot for bad business decisions, but bulk licensing every little piece of content for the entire world is the same wasteful attitude that put them into bankruptcy.
>>
>>322530169
Apparently they're in the process of renegotiating brands for Shenmue 1 and 2 HD.
http://www.tssznews.com/2015/12/28/source-rights-issues-hampering-shenmue-re-release/

2016 is gonna be a good fucking year for video games
>>
>>322537214
This is why you aren't invited to parties
>>
File: bino.jpg (29 KB, 528x543) Image search: [Google]
bino.jpg
29 KB, 528x543
so i picked up sonic generations after getting getting it on the humble bundle a while ago.
and fuck this game is so much fun the graphics are fucking amazing to mostly because of the art direction.
haven't had so much fun from video games in a while does sega being dead a meme?
>>
>>322537214

>You mean SEGA-Sammy?

I never understood this arguement. It gets thrown in SEGAfags' face any time someone says the company might be doing well. As if it makes them less of a company, or that they're no longer the SEGA of old.

Good. SEGA of old fucked up a ton. They've learned a lot since those old days. And if you say they haven't, you're just a shitposter.
>>
>>322537876
Better pray that the new Anniversary game is Gens 2.
>>
>>322537876
They were dead for the last two years
>>
>>322537876

>does sega being dead a meme

Yes. As is "Sonic is always bad"

/v/ doesn't realize they perpetuate more memes than reddit and tumblr combined.

SEGA hasn't been dead since 2010 at least. Memefags just drowned out any understanding behind "HAH 200 LAYOFFS THAT'S BAD RIGHT?", without realizing the context behind all of those actions and where it brought SEGA.
>>
>Atlus stuff

When the FUCK is Etrian Odyssey 5
>>
>>322538098

>They were dead for the last two years
>Put out some of the best games of those years

Okay.
>>
>>322538268
NX
maybe
>>
>>322537975
I've been a SEGA fan since the Mega Drive, what I'm saying is 'SEGA' the developer only makes three games, Yakuza, Sonic and Mario & Sonic.

I don't like to fanwank publishers. Not ones like SEGA-Sammy. Sorry.
>>
No fuck you son sega aint shit
>>
>>322537324
The original rate would have been doubled If they had localized. I highly doubt it would shoot them in the foot now since they are sitting on a franchise with tons of promise and potential. I play that game with the patch and the more I do I'm like "How the fuck would this work well over here?". Really "muh licensing issues" seems more and more like a bullshit excuse at this point
>>
>>322538321
Like what
>>
>>322538410
The Atlus exclusivity deal ends with Final. EOV was confirmed for PS4.
>>
>>322538457

>tons of promise and potential

Bullshit. MMOs are dying in the West, and have been for years. There's no way it would do anywhere near as good as Warcraft or FFXIV. You're in a pipedream. I love the game as much as you, and I realize how much of an insane proposition it would be to bring the game over.

>>322538421

>SEGA only makes three games

Fuck off and take a look for more than 5 seconds at what SEGA has accomplished in the past 6 years. You can only see those games because those are only games you're looking at. A fag like you wouldn't have even added Yakuza there if it wasn't for the fact that the game was so big recently it was impossible for even faggots like you to ignore.

See the OP, you're the faggot the OP is talking about at the end. You no longer deserve the right to call yourself a segafag.
>>
>>322538748
>Etrian Odyssey on a console
>mapping with the Vita touch screen

I'm going to be sick
>>
>>322538614

A:I was GOTY last year, faggot.
>>
>>322538825
>Fuck off and take a look for more than 5 seconds at what SEGA has accomplished in the past 6 years

CS1
>Yakuza 4, Black Panther, Dead Souls, Yakuza 5, Ishin, 0
>Binary Domain

CS2
>Sonic 4, Colors, Free Riders, Generations, Lost World
>PSO2
>Rythm Thief

CS3
>Valkyria Chronicles II, III
>K-On!
>Hero Bank

Sports R&D
>Mario & Sonic London 2012, Sochi 2014, Rio 2016
Wow. Fucking impressive.
>>
>>322538927
That's when they woke up
>>
>>322538927
>developed by: Creative Assembly
Amazing.
>>
>>322538875
They are working on a smart phone app.
>>
>>322538825
If fuckin monster hunter can make bank over here why can Pso2 even though it has far more to do and play with. And as a franchise you could tons of things other than mmo
>>
>>322539106

>SEGA is just SEGA

I'm sure Nintendo can't claim Pokemon or Sony can't claim Gran Turismo, or Microsoft can't claim KI, right?

These companies are business that intertwine themselves into each other. Fuck, ATLUS was basically in charge of the publicity for Yakuza 5 in the west.

You say shit like "you mean SEGA-Sammy" to try and act like they're no longer the people they used to be, but then want to ignore that they're a big company when it suits your bullshit line of reasoning.

It also ignores all the publishing they've done, and all the work they've done with M2 and Platinum and all the other companies they work with. Are you really going to sit there and act like CA isn't entirely an inextricable part of SEGA? You know a ton of the people in CS1 and CS2 and CS3 and Sports all are from other companies that SEGA bought over, and fuck, there's roots in each of the teams in other companies. So don't act like a faggot in a SEGA thread and think you're gonna get off on your bullshit.
>>
File: 1435306509470.gif (3 MB, 300x251) Image search: [Google]
1435306509470.gif
3 MB, 300x251
>>322530169

No. NO! You shut up OP you faggot. Sega will never be good again. We'll never have the genesis days back. Call me back when Shining Force is an SRPG again, and getting localized.

>The new Valkyria Chronicles game is some shitty ARPG
>Sonic sucks again

Ok yeah the PC ports might be cool, but most of those games I've already played on console.
>>
>>322539372

See >>322539585

The only difference between CS2 and CA is that CS2 has been through 20 restructurings.

I'm sure you don't know anything about the purchases that SEGA has made in their previous golden age.
>>
File: 1450977661212.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1450977661212.png
79 KB, 291x343
>>322530169
The question isn't whether or not they're entering a new golden age. It's how long that golden age will last before corporate politics fuck it all up again.
>>
>>322539585
SEGA-Sammy as a publisher suck, there is no need to suck up to them.

>I'm sure Nintendo can't claim Pokemon
Correct, Game Freak are a different company
>>
>>322539813
>The only difference between CS2 and CA is that CS2 has been through 20 restructurings.
And CA is allowed a lot more freedom than a normal internal studio and that they see SEGA-Sammy as their publisher not co-developer.
>>
>>322539910

I believe in Haruki-san

A Japanese that can speak Japanese and English, and went to college here in the U.S., and was a fan before the buyover, that was hurt by the bankruptcy and loss of the SEGA brand as much as we were. He won't let it happen again.
>>
File: 1408166579908.jpg (88 KB, 620x1068) Image search: [Google]
1408166579908.jpg
88 KB, 620x1068
>>322539910
SEGA JAPAN STRONK
WAITU PIGGU GO HOME
ONRY JAPAN IS IMPORTANT
>>
File: 1450579171835.jpg (50 KB, 448x355) Image search: [Google]
1450579171835.jpg
50 KB, 448x355
>>More 3DS classics on the way that are amazing as always

Shit mang, Shinobi 3 is my favorite but where are Revenge of Shinobi and Shadow Dancer?
>>
>>322539585
>Sony can't claim Gran Turismo
>Originally a development group within Sony Computer Entertainment known as Polys Entertainment
What.
>>
>>322540078

>They see SEGA-Sammy as their publisher, not co-developer

Do you have a single fact to back that up.

>>322539982

Alright, then what about HAL laboratory? Fuck, Nintendo doesn't actually own them, they just own a majority of the stock. Is kirby and Mother not nintendo franchises?

Or Xenoblade X and Monolithsoft?
>>
>>322540431
Nintendo EAD is Nintendo the developer.

SEGA C&S + Sports is SEGA the developer.

The rest is publishing nonsense.
>>
>>322540582

Alright, enjoy those mental gymnastics and symantics that mean nothing outside of shitting on SEGA in SEGA threads, anon.

I'm going to enjoy SEGA games.
>>
>>322540735
>Alright, enjoy those mental gymnastics and symantics
Ok, you pretend SEGA-Sammy is the developer then.

>I'm going to enjoy SEGA games.
Which one? Yakuza, Sonic or Mario & Sonic?
>>
>>322541078

Just so we're clear here, you're claiming that Smash Bros isn't a Nintendo Franchise, right?

Just so everyone else reading here knows what you're saying.
>>
File: shiningforce3part1-1.jpg (168 KB, 797x488) Image search: [Google]
shiningforce3part1-1.jpg
168 KB, 797x488
>>322531749

Please. I want this so badly. Shining Force is what got me into gaming when I was a kid. Shining Force 3 was so good and everything that came after those 3 games do not exist do you fucking hear me?
>>
>>322541295
>Nintendo Franchise
>Franchise
Are you know pretending to be retarded?

Do you believe Transformers Devastation is
A) A Platinum Games game
or
B) An Activision game
>>
File: incoherent rage.jpg (30 KB, 678x444) Image search: [Google]
incoherent rage.jpg
30 KB, 678x444
>>322532020
WHERE
THE
FUCK

ARE MY 3D CLASSIC PHANTASY STARS

I'LL PAY ANYTHING

SEGA SAID THEY WERE GONNA START TRUSTING M2 WITH LONGER AND BIGGER GAMES

IS THIS IT

IS IT TIME

I just want II and IV to go, man. I need it. I need it so bad.
>>
>>322541491
>know
now
>>
>>322530530
The PS2 version is fucking glitchy as hell.
>>
>>322541506
More like where is PSGeneration 4 with a secret sidequest to revive Alys (like PSG2 and Nei)?
>>
File: vf5fs_screen2-620x-1.jpg (53 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
vf5fs_screen2-620x-1.jpg
53 KB, 620x349
>>322530169
How can anyone call himself a segafan and yet ignore one of their greatest ip? VF made sega's history

OP you are a disgrace.
>>
>>322541506
Did not the remake of 2 somewhat recently got fan translated?
>>
>>322541491

It's both an Activision and Platinum game.

We all know that game looks as good as it does because of Activision's asset creation and the contacts they had with PC development.

Looking at SEGA's partnership with Platinum yields similar results. SEGA's contacts in middleware company CRIware made games like Vanquish shine, and the asset creation behind Binary Domain were the same that created Vanquish.

This isn't "Publishing nonsense". It's how games are created you fucking child. Certain companies have more claim due to the nature of the contract and publishing agreement, but many, especially companies like Platinum, don't have much claim to a solo "we own this" claim.
>>
>>322542340
Jesus Christ I remember when I got my Genesis for Christmas with all of the Phantasy Stars, that was a summer vacation that just flew by.

>Sneaking out into the living room to play after dad went to sleep
>Hoping to god the screeching of the dial-up wouldn't wake him up when I needed to look up guides
>Those genuine tears when I lost Nei and Alys

I think Alys got me way harder. Fuck, something about her just dying slowly and painfully over the course of a few days got me so bad.

>>322542581
I work full time 40+ hours a week. I need something for on the go.
>>
>>322542527

I'm sorry anon. I instantly regretted forgetting it, but I figured someone would mention it, and they did earlier in the thread. I paid my dues when it was mentioned.
>>
File: vf for the moden audience.gif (1 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
vf for the moden audience.gif
1 MB, 240x135
>>322542527
>tfw this happens
>>
File: 1395615325249.png (384 KB, 829x622) Image search: [Google]
1395615325249.png
384 KB, 829x622
>Shitloads of games they still aren't fucking localizing
>Making Yu Suzuki do a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 instead of just fucking producing it
>Sonic hit his lowest point in 25 years with his last game and the series got its shit kicked in by fucking Freedom Planet
Sega's still an incompetent shit company and I'm waiting for them to just go bankrupt at this point
>>
>>322542884

>Still incompetent
>waiting for them to just go bankrupt
>complaining about the things they're doing to avoid a fate they almost had

Fuck off, faggot. Shenmue 3 is a money-sink, just like Bayo 2 was.

>had it's shit kicked in by Freedom Planet

Oh, you're that faggot. Besides, the people in charge of Sonic Boom were fired before the game even started development. That's the reason it was so shit. They were redundant as soon as the Atlus buyover went through in 2012.
>>
>>322530169
everything sounds good but please

stop referring to
>atlus
>relic
>CA
>Aliens

like they're what anyone cares about when Sega is mentioned. Save us the trouble.
>>
>>322543545

>Stop referring to the things that SEGA is bringing us when talking about SEGA

Yah, nah, you're a cunt. What about in 5 years, when they're still working for SEGA?
>>
>>322532245
What fighting game cab announcement?

VF6 is getting revealed at Jaepo, not like it matters anyway because they will tell you about it before the event.
>>
>>322532020
stop lying. M2 has said that Sonic 2 was the final fucking game they were porting.
>>
>>322543806

>Jaepo

That's the one. They'll introduce the Cab there.
>>
>>322543931

Source?
>>
>>322535942

TSSZ probably just made it up. There is no source.
>>
>>322530169
Sonic Adventure is the best Sonic game. You cannot argue with this.
>>
>>322543698
>sega's back baby!
>and by back I mean they've acquired a bunch of companies that had fuck all to do with the brand that you grew up with!

fuck off
>>
>>322544524

>SEGA has to be the SEGA it was 20 years ago to be a good game company

No.
>>
>>322544618
then what are we even celebrating here?

That'd be like telling a nintendo fan to get amped at the fact that nintendo acquired maxis when all they want is a new metroid game. Call me when Sega makes a great sonic game, a new jet grind radio, or a new shining force.

good day
>>
>>322544057
http://blogs.sega.com/2015/10/06/3d-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-included-in-the-sega-3d-classics/

>With Sonic 2, the SEGA 3D Remaster Project comes to a close. Please give us a closing comment reflecting on the project.
>>
>>322544618
>No.

Yes! We want Sega back as a fucking video game company not as fucking figure head brand. The fuck is wrong with you!?
>>
>>322545005

That's the point. Read the OP.

SEGA fans of today and SEGA fans of yesteryear aren't necessarily the same people. There are a few of us who like where SEGA went, and generally it's the fans who followed them closest. This thread is for them.

In fact, I'd say, being the same company it was 20 years ago would be a negative for SEGA at this point. There were tons of problems with modern SEGA just doesn't have anymore. The problems have either been fired or restructured away.

You need to let go of old SEGA to embrace new SEGA. And if you're not going to, then you need to stop calling yourself a SEGAfan anymore. Or at least qualify by saying you're a genesis/dc fan or an old SEGA fan or something.
>>
>>322545240

Didn't they say the same thing at the end of the first batch of games, and then SEGA re-uped the contract?
>>
>>322544057
None. There aren't any sources for anything like the claim of EOV being on the PS4.
>>
>>322545747
maybe, but as of now there are no plans. This was in october so there may be something brewing.

but don't act like it's a done deal. >>322545396
oh, so this thread is for the 20 people who like what Sega is these days?

Enjoy.
>>
>>322545242

It is. If you think it's a figure head brand, you haven't looked at SEGA beyond fucking sonic.

It's been 10 years anon. Either you need to let go or fucking get on board. We're not gonna drag your sorry ass on the side of the bus forever.
>>
>still no PSO2

fucking hell, sega...
>>
>>322546037

>oh, so this thread is for the 20 people who like what Sega is these days?

Yes. If you're not going to be one of those 20 people, then leave. No one is stopping you.

Just like SEGA is going to be a different company tomorrow as it is today, SEGA is a different company as it was 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, as it is today. That's just how it is. And the likelyhood that tomorrow, the same group of investors who owned SEGA (many of which are dead or bankrupt) will not purchase SEGA, and they will not hire the same group of people who worked at SEGA, and they will not put out the same games they put out back then.

Either enjoy the new shit, or fuck off.
>>
>>322546045
>you better like yakuza and not having PSO2 ever or shut the fuck up

wow you sound like a fun bunch
>>
File: All Dose Dead IPs.jpg (2 MB, 3200x3000) Image search: [Google]
All Dose Dead IPs.jpg
2 MB, 3200x3000
>>322530169
Genesis was my first console. I fucking loved Sega growing up.

You are beyond delusional if you think a couple of ports and another Sonic game somehow means they're back.

Lets face it, the only genuinely good 3D Sonic game is Generations and even that one suffers from the same crucial flaws almost every 3D Sonic does. And even then, they fucked that up hard with Lost World and Boom. Generations was five years ago.

You know whats the best thing about Sega lately? They let Nintendo foot the bill for Bayonetta 2.
>>
>>322546045
If you think it's not then it's YOU who hasn't been with Sega outside or more than sonic. This kind of "out with the old in ,with the new" bullshit is why so many of their fucking IP's are dead. New Sega is like a damn fraction of what they could be and we're suppose to just embrace that?
>>
File: NiGHTS_turn animation.gif (340 KB, 200x173) Image search: [Google]
NiGHTS_turn animation.gif
340 KB, 200x173
>>322546516
Urrrrrgh
NiGHTS 3 WHEN
>>
>>322546516
and letting m2 do arcade perfect ports again on 3ds
they still have fuck ton of stuff to add, but i'm happy with what they've done
>>
>>322546516
>>322546438
>>322546045
>>322546037

Look, here's how it is. Things are never going back to the way they were. Complaining that every new SEGA release isn't from that era isn't going to help them. It just annoys people who are enjoying what's going on.

So either fuck off, or enjoy. Those are your options. Because tomorrow is going to come, whether you like it or not. A huge reason why SEGA can't shake the past is because fags like you make it impossible to do so.
>>
>>322546135
i am not defending them for not bringing it over to the west especially after saying that it was coming but why not play the jp version with the english patch instead?
>>
>>322546634

New SEGA is an amazing company. If you can't see that, you're most likely looking for things that will never be.

Do you understand how psychotic that is? You will never be happy. And it just makes these threads and talking about SEGA on /v/ shitty.
>>
>>322530169
I kinda miss SEGA as a game console.
>>
all the 3D classics needs to be on a damn cart. greedy jerks.
>>
>>322546045
It's better to shatter such delusions of "Based Neo-SEGA " then let people by in to the half baked attempts of bettering them selves
>>
>>322547560
Meant for>>322546993
>>
File: 1416948673358.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1416948673358.gif
3 MB, 300x169
>>322546993
>New SEGA is an amazing company
As a PC company, and porting their library, I agree. But pure game wise, they only really have Sonic, their PC catalog, Yakuza and Project Diva for the west, and that's not amazing. That's not even decent.
>>
File: AsoG5JEB.png (381 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
AsoG5JEB.png
381 KB, 512x512
>>322546993
SEGA made this reskin over properly localizing Puyo Quest, are you sure they're amazing anon?
>>
>>322547560

Or, and run with me on this one, you need to shatter your own delusion of SEGA remaining the same company when the people, the money, the management and the fans have changed so much. Because that's the only thing that's stopping you from looking at SEGA with anything other than contempt. They can put out some of the best games of the generation, and DID last generation, and you'll still complain because they haven't put out your personal dream project, made by people who don't even exist at SEGA anymore.
>>
>>322546780
you're crazy. You're practically just a fan of a blue logo at this point.

that's the only damn thing a game like yakuza and warhammer total war have in common with eachother.
>>
>>322547979

All a company is, is the brand anon. When the people change and the money changes and the direction changes, that's the thing that holds it all together. What that brand means, however, is a question of purity that you and I can have. I think what the brand means remains the same. Good games that are experimental and cut to the edge of what the genre involved means. If you can't see that, then maybe you're no longer a SEGA fan.
>>
>>322547841
this is shit because sonic runners had a puyo crossover event and there's even a fucking puyo based event course for super mario maker

not bringing over puyo puyo tetris is somewhat understandable due to some fuckery with the tetris license (i think ubisoft currently has the western console license)

at least they didn't take out puyo puyo 39 from mirai
>>
File: Gf3RggO.png (1009 KB, 1043x697) Image search: [Google]
Gf3RggO.png
1009 KB, 1043x697
>>322530169
HD port fucking when
>>
>>322547979

You're even more of a fan of a brand than SEGAfags that are into the SEGA brand. SEGA at least has a meaning that you can see here >>322548257

The brands that you're a fan of are the brands of games, the IPs themselves. Because SEGA isn't putting out the old IPs means that they're not putting out good games to you. Which is just not true. The qualities of the games stand on their own, no matter what IPs they put out.
>>
>>322543249
>Shenmue 3 is a money-sink
And Sonic Boom wasn't?
>the people in charge of Sonic Boom were fired before the game even started development. That's the reason it was so shit.
And because of the fact that they went full retard and wanted to use the Crytek engine before knowing the hardware they were working on instead of the existing Sonic engine
>>
File: Vyse2.jpg (31 KB, 450x398) Image search: [Google]
Vyse2.jpg
31 KB, 450x398
>>322530169
SKIES OF ARCADIA LEGENDS HD

FUCKING

W
H
E
N
>>
>>322548620

>And because of the fact...
That was BRB. The managers at SEGA are what I'm talking about. The people who were in charge of checking up on the progress at BRB. Those same people were also in charge of A:CM.

They were redundant after the Atlus Buyover, and knew it. Would you put in a good job at your work if you knew you were going to definitely be fired in 2 years time.
>>
>>322548272
Exactly this. In the 90's, I understood the choice for Mean Bean Machine at least, because even a couple years later, Puyo Fever sold like shit.

But now that people have access to the internet, and the whole crossover thing happened, it's pointless to try and cover up Puyo into some generic babby's first puzzle.
>>
>>322530169
Phantasy star 2, 3 and 4 3d is all I want from sega now.

please deliver
>>
>>322548780
I wonder what happened with this too.
>>
File: Puyo-Puyo-Tetris-42.jpg (36 KB, 453x550) Image search: [Google]
Puyo-Puyo-Tetris-42.jpg
36 KB, 453x550
PUYO HD COLLECTION TO THE WEST WHEN
>>
File: 1446010638996.png (266 KB, 358x434) Image search: [Google]
1446010638996.png
266 KB, 358x434
>>322530169
>New CEO who's first announcement was a desire to be a brand again
>New CEO

Nigger what?
>>
File: I can't dew this anymoritos.gif (2 MB, 149x198) Image search: [Google]
I can't dew this anymoritos.gif
2 MB, 149x198
It amazes me that Sega was so fucking stupid as to not publish Yakuza Ishin here when the fucking library was empty as shit on the PS4 and it would have made bank
Hell they've been fucking stupid as shit as to not just get some cheap localization team to just bring the Yakuza games over until Sony stepped in
>>
>>322548532
>>322548257

uh huh. and what's your excuse for PSO2? Or that Yakuza 5 took 3 years to bring over?
>>
>>322551132

PSO2 was talked about in this thread already, here. >>322533860

As far as Yakuza 5, partially a business decision at first, partially because they didn't have a full localization crew for years until they integrated ATLUS in their recent restructurings. They've been working with half a deck since 2010.

>>322550950

Haruki Satomi got put into the lead position over at SEGA at the end of last Summer. Hajime Satomi, founder of Sammy, is his father, and the word is that a big part of the reason Sammy bought SEGA is because Haruki is a giant SEGAfag that didn't want to see the brand ripped apart by creditors.
>>
When will SEGA learn that their actions have consequences?
>>
>>322551945

When you learn to forgive because you obviously haven't forgotten, even after they paid their dues for over 10 years, now.
>>
>>322552185
You didn't get the joke.
>>
>>322551526
>excuses
>excuses
>change is coming

well I suppose I'll see you here this time next year and we'll talk. As it is right now, this is a preemptive celebration of something very vague.
>>
File: VF4.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
VF4.webm
1 MB, 640x360
Sega please, don't play with us.
>>
>>322552312

Change has come, and fuck you "excuses". SEGA isn't going to put it's fucking neck on the line and go into bankruptcy again just to make you feel better about yourself. They're going to put out great games, and you'll get them, but you need to realize that they can't do everything all the time.
>>
File: 1_the_conduit_hd.jpg (24 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1_the_conduit_hd.jpg
24 KB, 400x240
Mite b cool
>>
>>322552721
>They're going to put out great games, and you'll get them

well then I've done my fucking part haven't I?

>>322552721
>they can't do everything all the time.

no but they sure as hell can make their games more consistently good.
>>
File: 6517208861_16688846a4.jpg (133 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
6517208861_16688846a4.jpg
133 KB, 500x391
>>322537876
Because instead of realizing they finally struck gold again, they abandoned the Generations gameplay and went on to make Lost World and Sonic Boom.

The company has a phobia of money.
>>
>>322556520

It's actually because a company isn't just one team making one game, it's multiple teams making multiple games all simultaneously. And the team making generations are about to make their next game for the 25h anniversary. Runners was technically their last game, but it was a cute little pallette clenser for what's really coming next.

Let's not act like retards and reduce reality to our own narratives, shall we?
>>
>>322556929
> And the team making generations are about to make their next game for the 25h anniversary. Runners was technically their last game, but it was a cute little pallette clenser for what's really coming next.

[citation needed]
>>
>>322556929
wasn't the gens team merged with the colors team and we got lost world from that?
>>
>>322557580

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sega+News
>>
>>322532960
Aren't confirmed but a source from TSSZ says they're high priority.
>>
>>322557709
No, you've got it backwards. The Unleashed team split to make Colors and Gens.
>>
>>322557978
>TSSZ
Are they reliable? I've never heard of them.
>>
>>322557709

Technically, a bunch of Dimps guys got merged with the colors team due to the fact that dimps was also working on lost world for 3DS, and the gens team was dispersed in different directions on different projects, including lost world. The gens team got put back together for Runners, with a bunch of Colors guys, but not the full team....SEGA is weird with their teams, they tend to put the people who need to be in the place in the place (or what they think)

Lost world ain't that bad of a game, but it's definitely a departure. I think the 25th anniversary emblem is enough proof of what's about to occur. We'll see soon who the team is and what they're going to make.
>>
File: 1350674656998.gif (988 KB, 200x167) Image search: [Google]
1350674656998.gif
988 KB, 200x167
>>322557978
>source from TSSZ
you mean from their own assholes
has any of their rumors or sources have actually pulled through
>>
>>322558267

How? If you're following SEGA, they're pretty much one of the most cited sources. As far as reliability, eh. They cite a lot of sources that are eh, but I think everything that was cited as "an inside source from SEGA" has always been pretty accurate, and the stuff they've been putting out recently regarding the ports and the rest has been marked as that.
>>
>>322558284
>Lost world ain't that bad of a game
I'm a Sonic apologist too, but Lost World is legitimately a bad game. Not Sonic 06 tier, or even Adventure tier since LW is polished and glitch free for the most part, but bad on it's own right. It does have a decent base of ideas, but the execution was super far off.
>>
>>322557580
doesn't mean that the next game is going to be a boost formula game. In fact, if SLW is any indication its just going to be another hail mary.
>>
>>322558284
>Technically, a bunch of Dimps guys got merged with the colors team

wait what. citation needed
>>
>>322558540
>How?
I follow video games news in general, but not specifically Sega. I haven't followed Sega too closely since they've been letting me down at nearly every opportunity over the past few years.
>>
>>322558798

The games are out, look at the list of credits and compare it with dimps employees, or a dimps made game, or fucking anything. I believe there's a dimps section in the lost world credits.
>>
File: 738957256.png (106 KB, 348x278) Image search: [Google]
738957256.png
106 KB, 348x278
>>322558679
>Adventure tier
>implying Adventure is bad
>>
>>322559089

Like?

Were you really hyped for A:CM or Sonic Boom?
>>
>>322559236
They were fun, but unpolished glitchy messes. Sonic levels are the only redeemable parts of the adventure games (and chaos)
>>
>>322559382
>He didn't like Knuckles stages
why tho
>>
>>322559525
Knuckles in SA2 was fundamentally broken because of the stupid useless radar system. They'd be fun if it'd worked like it should.
>>
>>322559525

Don't engage with the faggot, anon.

SEGA is the only fandom where the vast majority of the fans don't like anything their company has done for 20 years. It's baffling.
>>
>>322559260
Every Sonic game since the start of the seventh gen except Colors and Generations. VF Final Showdown was crap and no VF6. No PSO2 localization. No new Panzer Dragoon. No new Skies, not even an HD port. SONIC 4. All of the other abandoned IPs that get no love. Only bright spots for me were Colors, Generations, and Miku.
>>
File: 1431738484929.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1431738484929.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>322559909
>VF Final Showdown was crap
>>
>>322559525
I'm the Maki poster, but even I didn't like SA2's Knuckles/Rouge stages. Everything else in the game was solid or great though. And the Knuckles stages in SA1 were fine.
>>
>>322560068
It's a huge downgrade from 5 in terms of balance.
>>
>>322559909

What about Binary Domain and Yakuza and Vanquish and Bayo and Total War and Football Manager and SASART and Resonance of Fate and Sonic and the Black Knight, and the 3DS ports and the fact that you can play PSO2 right now and the recent Atlus games and I can go on but you get the point.

SEGA isn't just Sonic and it isn't those IPs anymore beyond updating them for newer systems.
>>
>>322560250
how so?
>>
>>322560446
Aren't most of those from 5 years ago, aside from TW and Manager? Sega's 3DS ports suck ass and Black Knight was trash.
>>
>>322559681
That I can understand, especially since the stages are much bigger than the ones in SA1, and the emerald pieces don't stick out as brightly. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had a problem with the radar maybe.

I still liked Knuckles/Rouge stages more than Tails though, he had the most dreadfully boring segments.
>>
>>322560672
No one will argue that. Even Eggman had better stages (or at least level aesthetics and such)
>>
>no jet set radio future HD
>>
>>322560584

>Sega's 3DS ports suck ass
>Black Knight was trash

At least play games before you commentate, anon.
>>
>>322560892
Unless we're talking about the M2 games, and I guess Puyo games as well, most of Sega's 3DS game ports are shit. Gens and LW in particular. And Racing Transformed was a sadder case since All Star Racing DS was legit a great running and playing port.

Black Knight's problems all came from sticking too closely to the Secret Rings gameplay and trying to make an action game out of that. Everything but the actual gameplay was fine, great even (the plot is probably the Sonic's had in decades). They also took out the Mario Party mode from Secret Rings, so they can fuck off for that.
>>
>>322561346

I was talking about the M2 games.

The Black knight game was great if you played it without the wii-remote on an emulator. One of the best Sonic games in a long, long while. Even better than Colors in my opinion.
>>
File: SSF_2015_10_15_15_37_21_140.png (1 MB, 1408x918) Image search: [Google]
SSF_2015_10_15_15_37_21_140.png
1 MB, 1408x918
Burning Rangers HD when?
>>
>>322561746
I wouldn't say great. It's basically an auto scrolling beat em up with shit combat. Had it been a proper action game (or even an RPG) it'd be top 10 Sonic material easy.
>>
File: NiGHTS (3).png (126 KB, 400x571) Image search: [Google]
NiGHTS (3).png
126 KB, 400x571
It's their 20th Anniversary this year. Will we see anything come from it or will we get some half-arsed cameo in the upcoming Sonic game(s)? I doubt they'll do anything like Lost World's DLC again because people didn't enjoy the game like they expected them to.
>>
>In stead of VC4 we get not VC, featuring: not Selvaria
;_;
>>
File: 1348935065099.jpg (84 KB, 467x599) Image search: [Google]
1348935065099.jpg
84 KB, 467x599
>>322530169
I am the pessimistic fan anon. I will believe Sega's claims when they are on the store shelf or sitting in my game unit.

Till then, this is "We've learned our lesson now! We promise" announcement #34234.
>>
>>322564127
What is even the point of this new "VC" game anyways?
>>
>>322561346
While being mentioned, the Puyo Puyo games on 3DS are good. Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary on 3DS is the best version since it includes the stuff from other versions but also polishes some of the graphics and animations more. Puyo Puyo Tetris is fine, though personally go for the PS4 or XboxOne versions if you can since the DLC is pre-packaged for those versions, and being in HD never hurts.
>>
File: 1441005339753.png (5 KB, 381x503) Image search: [Google]
1441005339753.png
5 KB, 381x503
I really hope sonic unleashed gets a pc port. Ive 100% twice on ps3 but the uncapped wild frame rate is awkward

Also hoping there is something coming up for the nights and HOTD anniversaries this year. I dont like the look of the new VC either
>>
>New Aliens game in the works

Source? I can't find anything.
>>
>>322561795
This game is terrible, kill yourself
>>
>>322568541
The rumor I read said, there's internal debate on whether or not to do it. It's not even on the priority list.
>>
>>322569846
Fuck you, you shit-gargling meatbag. Burning Rangers is fucking great.
>>
>>322569917
I read that too. unleashed is the best of the boosting games and would really be an awesome port, 60fps and all the dlc included like valkyria chronicles. Colors is actually really boring, story and graphics suck (art design and locations good), lame story and jokes. and its easily emulatable. I really hope unleashed doesnt die on the 360/ps3
>>
>>322569959
No one cares about it outside the opening and ending themes. the only time it was ever brought up again was in PS games. Nights has made frequent cameos for years because it was the better sonic team saturn game
>>
File: 1175 - kmj5P2n.png (448 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1175 - kmj5P2n.png
448 KB, 900x900
WHERE THE FUCK ARE MORE TAXMAN SONIC 1 AND 2 PC PORTS SEGA?

I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR SHITTY RE-RELEASES

JUST GIVE ME THE GOOD ONES. THE ONES THAT UPDATE YOUR SHITTY ONE HIT WONDERS AND FUCK OFF

I'M DONE ASKING NICELY. YOU COULD AT LEAST THROW US A BILLY HATCHER REMASTER IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE A SEQUEL
>>
>>322568541

They likely won't. I guarantee Sega is aware of the Unleashed project and I doubt many people would pay for it for the one day time level that didn't make it into the mod.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
But its missing the story, the dlc acts, the werehog, and one of the best parts, the small comfy day and night time hubs in each continent

The main course is the day stages but every element of unleashed is great except for maybe the qte heavy last boss. But its fine because every super sonic final battle after unleashed has been utter shit. Seriously unleashed is perfect
>>
File: 1451851211627.jpg (44 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1451851211627.jpg
44 KB, 330x319
>>322530169
>>Multiple sources confirming tons of PC ports that have been begged for, like Vanquish, and Resonance of Fate, and Miku, and Yakuza

>meanwhile they keep all their good games PS exclusive
>even VC, which allegedly sold really well on Steam
>next entry is PS4 exclusive

Why do you PKeks love Sega so much if they are THE company that enforces the "console scraps" stereotype? Are you really going to sleep at night knowing you have Vanquish, but will never get anything newer like the Yakuzas or the VC games?
>>
>>322571201
>>322571579
oops, forgot to quote
>>
Why doesn't Colors get any love? Personally, I loved it far more than I loved Generations. Sure, the wisps minus the blocks are gimmicky and the bosses were really lazily designed, but imo the level design beats the hell out of Generations. I feel like it's by far the more solid game between the two.
>>
>>322572149
Because its shit
>>
>>322572149
I liked Colors. Not as much as Gens, but way more than Unleashed.
>>
>>322572149
http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/sonic-unleashed/achievements/

No creative achievements or levels
>>
>>322572149
it is a better game than generations all around but you won't hear any of these faggots admit it because it was a wii exclusive. it delights me when the smaller team with less money made the better game.

Seriously if Gens is a 7/10 Colors is a solid 8.
>>
>>322575143
>better than gens

Colors is the worst of the boost games
>>
>>322572149
Give it a couple years, more people who played it when they were young will begin browsing and say it's the best Sonic game.

Just like what's been happening with Unleashedfags now.
>>
>>322575414
Unleashed has been good since day 1. Unless you were one of those poor suckers who got the last gen version
>>
>>322575397
worse than unleashed? really now.
>>
>>322575809
Yes really
>>
>>322576075
you hated sonic colors' levels so much you would rather play half a fucking game of werehog?

use your damn head.
>>
>>322576214
Anon, don't bother trying to argue with an Unleashedfag.
>>
>>322576214
Werehog levels were better than anything in colors past act 2
>>
>>322576513
now you've gone and done it retard

I don't even hate unleashed but the game is a fucking mess. The first handful of day stages are great but the werehog is a boring slog and the later day stages have some of the cruelest and shittiest unfair difficulty spikes of any sonic game.

it's a 5/10 at best.
>>
>>322576859
Werehog stages have better platforming than 70% of colors. All the day stages are fast and fun and gradually get harder. There are no bullshit spikes except you can argue eggmanland. It is twice the game colors will ever be.
>>
>>322577549
say hi to the mandatory bullshit QTEs in shamar for me idiot
>>
>>322577727
I will thanks
>>
>>322571579
>But its missing the story, the dlc acts, the werehog, and one of the best parts, the small comfy day and night time hubs in each continent
Superfluous shit
>>
>>322546932
Because the patch only covers barely covers translation. Bless the souls of Arks layer for doing what there doing put the patch still have some habits of not translating certain things at all, plus having the patch doesn't make up for the bullshit foreigners have to get arks cash and premium as well as getting there friends into the trying the game out.
>>
Colors is the worst boost game because Sonic feels extremely limited to control, too many 2D segments when Boost doesn't lend itself well to it, and the 3D segments became literal hallways most of the time.

But it also has the most creative level themes, and the second best OST for a 3D Sonic game.
>>
What do you guys think about the episodic releases of Sonic 4?

I bought episode 2 on steam since it was on sale and I have to say most parts are a lot of fun but some are really tedious and difficult. I've found some of the bosses to be particularly difficult too, like, not the good difficult where you die because you suck, the bad, unnecessary difficult where the boss dances around you and you don't know what the hell you have to do to hurt the boss.

I don't know, maybe I'm retarded. The game is cool overall I guess, sometimes I'm having a fun run through a stage then suddenly run into enemies or fall down a pit or hit a wall or something which can be really awkward sometimes. Picking up speed from a dead stop and platforming is also really awkward. Makes me wonder at what point a sonic game stops being one and turns into 'hold right: the game". I guess that's why it can't be too easy.
>>
>>322579701
No its not. All the sums equal up to be one great, pixar like experience with well designed stages that offer speed, platforming, and combos
>>
youtube.com/watch?v=cWL2pk8KP34

Not a Sega game anymore but still
>>
Bump, come on segabros
>>
>>322580076
you just listed why it's the best of the boost games

Honestly Colors was just way more inspired level design wise than any sonic game since S&K. The first time you dive underwater to discover an entire underground labyrinth that you didn't know was there the first time, it's magic.

Also it's one of the only sonic games that hid some secrets to the LEFT of the start of the stage. That fucking blew my mind.
>>
>>322557978
>>322558267
>>322558437
Stop using TSSZ as source for fuck sake. You are just wasting everyone's time.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.