[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's going to be as bad as DaS2 isn't it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1200x650
It's going to be as bad as DaS2 isn't it.
>>
>>322528890
Dark souls collectors addition $20 for 360 at gamestop website. Comes with figurine. Worth over $100.
>>
>>322528890
No, it isn't.
>>
>>322528890
No, DS3 won't be worse than DS2. In fact, it will be at least on par with or better than Dark Souls 1.
Screenshot this post if you want.
>>
>>322528890
Not with Miyazaki back in charge.
>>
>>322529553
I too, have faith anon. Faith that this will be the best souls to date.

99 faith
>>
>>322528890
Looks like Bloodborne with a mixture of Dark Souls animations.
I have yet to see a single DaS2 animation, so it is good so far.
>>
>>322529860
Clever girl
>>
>>322528890
>NT played like DaS1
>running on Bloodborne's engine
>no more poise
>Miyazaki back at the helm
>backstab fishing is gone
>weapon arts
>heat up boss mechanic
So far, I don't think I've seen one thing I didn't like.
>>
>>322528890
DaS2 wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
>>322530093
>no more poise
Elaborate. Nobody confirmed that there won't be poise in-game and some weapons/armor give you hyper armor.
>>
Reminder that it was co-developed by that faggot that made DaS2. It's already ruined.
>>
>>322530093
>no poise
We literally have no details on how heavy armor rolling, poise, and speed works yet
>no backstab fishing
It's still there, but I like DaS more so it's okay.
>>
DaS2 wasn't that bad, so maybe.
>DaS1 fags conveniently forgetting that DaS1 went to complete shit after Anal Rodeo
Stop acting like DaS2 ruined everything. Stop this meme. Stop parroting that matt faggot. It's my least favorite so far, but it's more or less the same fucking game as the other ones. Fucking idiots. You stupid morons. Fuck.
>>
>>322530376
DaS 2 was saved by that faggot. The first director was completely fucking up the game and the new director saved what could be saved.
>>
>>322530271
It's true that things could change between now and release, but judging from the NT it's out. Hyper armor isn't poise though, and is actually great.

>>322530534
Backstabs (in PvP anyway) can only be landed on someone who's left themselves wide open and absolute shitters. That's the way it should be.
>>
>>322530376
He was handed a turd, and manged to polish it up slightly. With Miyazaki as head senpai, it will UNDOUBTEDLY be better than 2.
>>
>>322530636
Stop this
>everything is bad after Anor Londo

Can you honestly say Tomb of the Giants, Duke Archives, and Lost Izalith was bad?
Bed of Chaos is literally the only bad shit.
>>
>>322530636
The only shit area after Anor Londo was Lost Izalith, everything else was fine.
>>
>>322530636

The only bad part post-Anor Londo was Lost Izalith, and even that isn't that bad. Bed of Chaos is just a shitty boss.
>>
>>322531018
not that anon, but I dislike everything before anor londo

after anor londo things start to get spicy, but before it's just meh
>>
>>322531018
Lost Izalith is bad, there's no question about that.

But Duke's Archives and Tomb of the Giants are great.
>>
What's this thing I keep hearing about A team and B team?
>>
>>322530653
What was the first director even doing?
>>
>>322531018
lost izalith is worse than everything in DaS 2
>>
>>322531194
The Solaire, Siegmeyer, and Kirk encounters were amazing. Did you miss that?
>>
>>322528890
>Leaked info.
> 10 starting classes (Doesn't mean shit, really, like in all previous games, just starting gear set choices.)
>45 new enemies (Not counting stuff coming over from previous games)
>15 new bosses (Not counting stuff coming over from previous games)
>100 new weapons (Not counting stuff coming over from previous games) and lets not forget that on top of the single/double handed wileding, the weapons also have regular and power stance movesets.
>40 armor sets (Not counting stuff coming over from previous games)
>200 items, this includes spells, rings and consumables
>12 areas, in total, the world is the size of Dark Souls 1.
>Bloodborne Engine. so all those crispy visuals, smooth textures, and sexy lighting.
>Soul memory is gone.
>Soul Tendency (or a differently named, similarly purposed) mechanic is coming back, and apparently affects Boss' appearence and move sets.

If all of this is true, its going to be objectively the best souls game so far.
It also brings some quality of life improvements, when invading, you pop your item and simply show up where you were standing when you get connected, summons get called to the beckoner rather than on the other side of the level.

Also the animations, looking at the gameplay, seem to be super crisp and fluid.
>>
>>322531018
>>322531085
>>322531115
wrong worng wrong

you're all fucking wrong

the game should've ended at anal rodeo and big tity lady shoul've been your reward vor beating tyhe ame

orestein and smog were the main villains all along!!!!! they're you're master!!
>>
>>322531385
Yeah, but everything else was painful.
>>
As long as the world is as good, or hopefully better, than DaS1 then I don't give a shit about what they do to the combat and weapons.
>>
>miyazaki at the helm
>1 more year of dev time than DaS2

no
>>
>>322531410

>This is what DaS2 fags actually believe
>>
>>322528890
But DaS2 wasn't bad.
But It'll better than it, I reckon.
>>
>>322531279
Well, DaS 2 is shit right? Sometimes in development, they decided to replace the director. The game was still shit, but the reason they replaced the former one was because the game was going in a horrible direction. Nobody really knows what the former developer did wrong, but probably a lot of the stuff that there was no time to fix (level design and some core mechanics).
>>
>>322531279
Pretty certain Miyazaki is the only competent employee of FromSoft. I imagine him just spending his whole day fixing everyone else's fuckups. There's a reason he went from basic employee to president of the fucking company.
>>
>>322528890
All the problems I hear about dark souls 2 is PvP oriented meta stuff that I never even noticed not being someone who partakes in PvP.
You guys really do overstate the badness of dark souls 2.
I'll give you the map thing though, it is nice how the map in dark souls 1 wraps around itself and links up, but the thing is, it was needed in dark souls 1 because there was no fast travel between bonfires, the game would be masochistic without it.
>>
File: Dark Souls 3.jpg (15 KB, 496x261) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3.jpg
15 KB, 496x261
DAILY REMINDER!!!

BUY UNCHARTED 4 INSTEAD!!!

Here is how Dark Souls III will go down:

>Rehashed enemies (Out of ideas for new enemies so they have to rehash from old games)
>Rehashed HUD (Can't change the style while keeping the same placement)
>Rehashed graphics (Looks like PS3 graphics)
>New areas that look like Dark Souls 2 DLC
>Graphics downgrade (Just like Dark Souls 2)
>30 FPS lock on PS4 and PC
>No storyline once again (60 minutes of cutscenes with no dialogue)
>Console version will release 2 months before the PC version so they can jew you into buying the game twice
>Online PvP will be a broken mess. Cheaters everywhere, people with SL 999 and unbalanced spells & items

At E3 they showed a CGI trailer to make everyone think the game is next-gen and hype it up. Just you watch. I know how this will go and I am not falling for any of their shit this time around.

Based off of the screenshots and gameplay leaks, it looks just like Dark Souls 2. Even on the same engine. Releasing 2 years after the previous Souls game. At least fucking TRY to put some effort into making these games. This is Bloodborne Souls with rehashed content and rehashed design.

I forgot that Japanese people only know how to rehash. JUST LOOK AT NINTENDO! THEY CAN'T EVEN MAKE ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF MARIO AND ZELDA!

>Last game in the souls series

Thank goodness

If you support this game then you are killing the vidya industry which is all about making fresh new games or at least trying to make innovate an existing franchise instead of creating another rehash. Seriously, just buy Uncharted 4
>>
Id be ok with it being as good as Scholar. Also: are hexes back?
>>
>>322531398
>soul tendency
Even though you could be lying, this sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>322531489
>DaS2 fags
lol nigga like i said it's myu least vaofovite opne

BBa nd Demon's souls are tied for my favotie but the dark souls serie sis a shit made for xboners and pcgbabies and the true souls' inheritors are the sony militia

all hair Kaz

kaz is my daddy
>>
>>322531018
>Tomb of the Giants
cool looking and definitely memorable, but it's an incredibly short cliff face with a diverging path or two along the way

>Duke's Archive
gimmicky staircases that extend the time you spend there

>Lost Izalith
the concept of descending into hell is cool, but a lot of it is pretty shoddily put together

Everything after Drake and Josh just left a bad taste in my mouth. The game felt like it dragged on for too long at that point.

None of DaSII ever really hits DaS's highs, but it never really hits it's lows either

>>322530093
>NT played like DaS1
how is that a good thing? If DaSII did at least one thing better than DaS, it was that it plays a lot better
>>
>>322530271
There's no confirmation, people just comment based on how the game felt in the network stress test.

I'm not saying they're wrong, it could be very possible poise is gone, but I would take the info with the grain of salt since all the characters were able to wield all the gear that was picked up, and they couldn't see the stat screens, this build wasn't focused on balancing, but rather confirming servers work as intended and can handle the strain, so its possible its a build that just doesn't have proper balancing. We just won't know for sure until release.
>>
>>322531689
If they do, they won't be called hexes.
>>
>>322531267
DeS, DkS and BB made by A-team.
DS2 is made by B-team.
DS3 is developing with B-team and couple of artists and director from A-team
>>
>>322531601
Nice bait
>>
>>322531697
Rather than me lying, the post starts with "leaked info." I could just be wrong, but this came from inside gaming who were the first ones to deliver the leaked screenshots.
>>
>>322531398
Never played DeS but always found World Tendency a cool mechanic; and wanted something similar in DaS
>>
>>322531761
I mean in terms of speed. The combat is much faster and fluid; both things that I found lacking is DaS2.
>>
>>322531601
Had me until Rehashed/downgraded graphics.

If you take that out from your future posts you'll cause some buttflurry.
>>
>>322531018
I never got this either. Sure lost izalith was not the best area, but i always thought the dukes archives was pretty badass, and tomb of the giants had me stressed the fuck out my first go through it.
>>
>dark souls 2
>bad
>>
>>322531601
Why would it have a 30 fps lock on pc if dark souls 2 didn't
>>
>>322531761
>If DaSII did at least one thing better than DaS, it was that it plays a lot better
Shoddy hitboxes and poor enemy design beg to differ.
>>
>>322531761
Nah. The animations are extremely slow and clunky. Feels like you're sliding across the ground all the time.
DaS feels a lot more fluid than DaS2. At least when you compare the light speed animations.
>>
>>322531536
What a mystery. The game did feel patched up at the last second. So many areas looking like PSX games.
>>
>>322531018
>anor londo
>not bad
thats a nice city full of nothing!
thats my fault for believing the whole "if you can see it , you can go there" bullshit lies from miyazaki
>>
>>322531398
Please, if there is a god in the sky, please let this anon be correct.
>>
Why have they seemingly ditched half of the animations from DaS 2 and replaced them with ones from DaS 1? DaS 2's animations were better for the most part.
>>
>>322532329
>thats my fault for believing the whole "if you can see it , you can go there" bullshit lies from miyazaki
Wait what? there was nothing like that.
>>
>>322531601
did anything like this happen with bloodborne?
>>
>>322529924
The fuck was wrong with DaS2 animations? I see a lot of complaints about that game, and many valid ones, but that one is just retarded,
>>
>>322528890
And yet here I am playing through DaS2 for the 20th time because I'm not you faggots who can't handle simple mechanic changes that have very little lasting impact on how you play the game.

>Life Gems
>Timers on the soap stones
>Parry changes
>Gradual Hollowing with health reduction
>PVP and co-op focus
>Human Effigy not Humanity
>Warping available from the start

None of these change the core gameplay of the game at all. The only weakness the game has over DaS or Demon's Souls is level design, which is very obviously weak. But hey, every game franchise has a weaker game, but jesus fuck this game is fine and better than Bloodborne, in my opinion.
>>
>>322532195
I don't keep up with DaS3 stuff, but some time before the NT they confirmed it was 30 fps on PC
>>
>>322532634
DaS2 feels floaty as shit.
>>
no the one boss they displayed in trailer looked very neat so from this I can definitely infer the entire game will have unique and non-humanoid knight-shit bosses
>>
>>322532674
>they confirmed it was 30 fps on PC
No they did not.
>>
>>322532634
http://youtu.be/2OejmEDvpvE
The funny thing is that the player's fast walk animation is what bothers me the most.
>>
>>322532050
>>322532202
>The combat is much faster and fluid
I find it to be the exact opposite, with DaSI feeling a bit clunky and hunkered down where as DaSII felt really fluid, although in a way it made DaS feel like it had a bit more weight to it whereas DaSII felt a bit floaty
DaSII's controls felt a lot tighter though, so it's a bit of a split.
It's been a while since I've played both games though

>>322532197
>Shoddy hitboxes
You talking about shockwaves type of stuff? It's punishment to the player for dodging too early, but just that the animations don't properly represent the enemies readjusting their attack's aim to hit you
>>
>>322532329
>>322532575
I think he said that on an interview about DaS3 not about anor londo
>>
>>322532652
>not mentioning the absolutely shit slow and clunky animations
das2 fags are beyond delusional
>>
>>322532804
This is true. I still got used to it, but they should change that stuff.
>>
File: 356w1y.jpg (20 KB, 273x310) Image search: [Google]
356w1y.jpg
20 KB, 273x310
>>322531601
>Based off of the screenshots and gameplay leaks, it looks just like Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>322532652
>PvP focus
>when cracked red eye orbs exist and need to be farmed in the arena meta

HAHAHAHA!!
Thank god we're getting an actual invasion item again.
>>
>>322532568
Placeholders probably
>>
>>322532804
This.

Looking at the NT, the combat is going to be tight butthole. Sword art goes fluidly into R1 without your character standing there like a dickhead for half a second before starting the next swing.
>>
>>322533021
I started replaying DS2 again altely and it's ridiculous, you can only lock on when you're basically 2m away, walking is less fluid, your player has no tracking while the enemies almost infinitely track, it's slow as hell.
>>
If DS2 had the full version of the eye orbs and kept using SL instead of SM for matching people up it would have been so much more enjoyable.
>>
>>322531907
>DS3 almost full B team
So basically we shouldn't expect anything from it?
>>
>>322533083

Please tell me how it looks like something different. What has changed?
>>
>>322533349
And yet the weapon and spell balance isn't anywhere near as bad or broken as bloodborne or dark souls 1 :^)
>>
File: feeblecursedone.jpg (105 KB, 615x771) Image search: [Google]
feeblecursedone.jpg
105 KB, 615x771
>>322528890

>as bad as DaS2

So you're saying it'll be pretty good? I agree, anon! I too am looking forward to DaS3.
>>
>>322533023
Now that I think about it, there was that one dev walk-trough when the game was about to release (You know the kind where two comedians and a developer moonsperg over menus while a womenfolk popstart goes "wooooaaaa" "hauuuu" Sugoooooiiiii" "desuneeeeeeeee" But that was literally one of the comedians admiring the belltower in the background and him going "you can go there"

I think this anon might be confusing this with Destiny vidoc that came out pre-release E3 where they literally went "old russia! you can go anywhere! I could go anywhere right now! but I'll go here (which turned out to be the only place you can go to when the game relased kek)
>>
>>322528890

it's going the be their best work
>>
>>322528890
Does anyone know if you can sprint in any direction while locked on again?
That was the dumbest shit. It wasn't in Bloodborne though.
>>
>>322531601
Nigga, my original bait was with fallout 4 not uncharted.
>>
>>322533021
>It's punishment to the player for dodging too early, but just that the animations don't properly represent the enemies readjusting their attack's aim to hit you
This is retarded. If the attack doesn't physically hit you and it registers as a hit then you didn't dodge too early, the game is just shit
>>
>>322533006
>THAT VIDEO
Holy FUCK tell me that isn't real. I haven't played it since I beat it in 2014, but is it actually that fucking terrible? Holy shit why did they go to the effort of making worse animations?
>>
File: JqHPQwh.jpg (634 KB, 1920x3645) Image search: [Google]
JqHPQwh.jpg
634 KB, 1920x3645
>>322533531
What you SHOULD do is stop being a retard.
>>
>>322531018
ToTG was great, too bad it's so short.

Duke's was shit, it's just a bunch of bland samey looking corridors filled with reskinned hollows that you have to fight while getting shot at by mages and archers, and a forced death after which you somehow respawn at a different bonfire so you can't get your Souls and Humanity back.

Izalith was jusf as bad, shit level design, bad bonfire placement, shit bosses (yet another asylum demon reskin and the camera demon), and having to switch rings every time you go through the lava was annoying as hell.
>>
>>322532652
>>Life Gems
Just as bad as grass from DeS. Needs to be removed again.
>>Timers on the soap stones
Great feature and hopefully it returns
>>Parry changes
A parry forcing the other person to fall on their ass for several seconds was a horrible idea
>>Gradual Hollowing with health reduction
Good
>>PVP and co-op focus
Soul memory effectively ruined invasions and co-op
>>Human Effigy not Humanity
Literally the same thing
>>Warping available from the start
Only good because the world layout is terrible.
>>
File: smile gone for good.png (33 KB, 324x449) Image search: [Google]
smile gone for good.png
33 KB, 324x449
Please no

It has to be at least as fun as bloodborne

Please from
>>
>>322533583
The fuck are you on about? Every fucking Souls game you can dodge magic easy, and in DaS2 you could cheese literally every boss with the 50 lightning bolts they gave you at the start.
AND still no actual invasion item.
>>
File: 1445465377207-0.jpg (11 KB, 201x255) Image search: [Google]
1445465377207-0.jpg
11 KB, 201x255
>>322528890
It's gonna be the worst in the series. The devs are doing iron man numbers and don't care anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9AqFWaA5U
>>
>>322533769
>muh b-team
How does this screenshot prove anything?
More than 60% of the "A-team" is part of the "B-team".
>>
>>322533568
It looks like DaS1 with Bloodborne enemies. Not >>322533083, but don't see how it looks like 2, but have only watched one gameplay video.
>>
>>322533835
Grass was fine, go fuck yourself.
Timers were retarded, go kill yourself.
Parry is supposed to stun you, go murder yourself.
Gradually hollowing was retarded, go end yourself.
Soul memory is horrible, but I feel just like all the other complaints you're making it purely out of the fact you're a shitty third rate twink PVPer, go castrate yourself
World layout was fine you're just autistic, just go.
>>
>>322533737
http://youtu.be/OSZUZRnB15s

It's always been this bad.
>>
>>322533835
Soul memory is shit, I'll admit that one anon.
Also nah man effigy keep you from being invaded for 20 minutes. Remember the Oolacile Township and how you'd be invaded every time you went human for even a second so you could summon your friend?
>>
I hope it isn't. Dark Souls 2 was okay, but did not have the same feeling the first one gave off. This was mostly in part to the immediate warping and the way areas linearly connected and shit. Also didn't like the rate at which you got weapons and upgraded them - DaS1 did this so much better. Losing health on death was also not an interesting challenge.

And one of the most annoying things was always having to go back to fucking Majula and talk to that cunt to level up. Why did I have to go back to a bonfire, warp to majula, go through a loading screen, walk to that bitch, skip through her snorefest of a dialogue, and THEN I can level up. In DaS1 you just go to the nearest bonfire, and then hit the level up option. Done. What the fuck is the point of all the extra steps? Fucking stupid.
>>
>>322534186
Jesus anon, I had erased it from my memory and you brought it all back
>>
File: miyazaki rotating enemies.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki rotating enemies.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>muh DaS2 tracking
>>
>>322534264
Now post the Webm of the fire lizard in Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>322534031
>muh b-team
Is a horrible meme and needs to die.
>How does this screenshot prove anything?
It porves that mu b-team is a horrible meme and needs to die.
>More than 60% of the "A-team" is part of the "B-team".
That's the entire point you dumb fuck, B-team is a myth, its just a meme spouted by little shits that can't stand change, people that complain about 2 are literally the call of duty audience, you precious little unique hardcore oldschool game has literally become a franchised yearly AAA release, and the fact you're all bitching so much when something happens that your fragile closed minds don't agree with is a proof that you're ruining the game. people crying b-team are literally the reason the gaming is going to shit because they're demanding the same game be released over and over again, even if its not intentional their behaviour is why maddens and call of duties are saturating the market.
>>
>>322534152
>Grass was fine, go fuck yourself
Boy, I sure do love having to farm for healing items. Estus is DaS1 was practically perfect outside of giving you a bit too much if you kindled the bonfires. No more farming and made healing far less trivial. Too bad they fucked it up in every subsequent game. Looks like DaS3 will fix it thankfully.
>>
>>322534594
Miyazaki is the A-team.
>>
File: a - team.webm (329 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
a - team.webm
329 KB, 600x338
>>322534550
I won't argue in favor of DaS2's tracking.

The problem is that many retards think most of DaS2's problems are exclusive to DaS2, while the truth is that stuff like shitty hitboxes, weird tracking, artificial difficulty have been present in all souls games so far, and bloodborne is no exception.
>>
>>322534264
Notice the difference, enemy auto faces you while its idling, once it initiates the attack, it plays out with it facing in the direction it was when it started the attack, in 2, the enemy is allowed to keep autofacing you even while goign through attack animation.

>>322534751
That meme needs to die as well.

>>322534647
Oh come on, I've got like 800 hours in Demon's and I've never had to farm for grass, every other enemy drops it even if you don't increase luck, if you're losing health so fast that you have to farm for healing items, that's not the fault of the system, that's you being fucking horrible at the game.
>>
Could someone explain weapon arts for me? From what I've read of it, it sounds like a mix beteen BB's trick weapons and two handed wielding in DaS.
>>
>>322531018
Duke's is pretty cool, but Tomb of the Giants is GOAT.

>when you go down there for the first time and all you can see are glowing eyes in the darkness
>>
>>322534550
>>322534818
Someone post that webm anyway.

I never saved it and I regret it now
>>
>>322531018
Jesus fuck how the hell do people hate blight town and yet like the dukes archives.
I loved blight town.
>>
>>322534264
Two different things. The enemy is changing the direction it's facing, then is locked into that direction once its attack animation starts. DaS2 tracking can still take place after the animation has begun so that you can dodge, and still have the attack hit you like you're a magnet.
>>
>>322534818

Speaking of BB those giant fishmen with the anchors oh God. Who thought that being gigantic and fast with those wide as fuck hitboxes was a good idea? They're worse than the fucking guardians of the aerie.

Good thing you only encounter them in like 2 areas.
>>
>>322535027
>going down there right after Pinwheel without the Lord Vessel
I sure enjoyed the torture and anguish of having no hope of seeing the light of day again on SL 30. Thanks god somebody told me you can go back up.
>>
>>322534986
Even if you never have to farm for grass it's still a worse system than Estus in DaS1 since it trivializes healing since you can have all the health items you want. I don't know why so many people respond to valid criticisms of the Souls games with git gud or some variation.
>>
>>322535297
Proper dodging is an effective counter to tracking in DaS2.

I guess that they added it so that backstabs aren't as broken as they were in DaS1.
>>
>>322528890
Dark Souls 2 was pretty good though, despite what you memesters told me.

>m-muh broken hitboxes
>muh humanoid bosses

Every single game in the series is at least a solid 8/10
>>
>>322528890
Meh, I'm just going to torrent it.
>>
>>322534818
BB had its share of the problems as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbdZpjF8yEg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-BhRCOuD4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkH7amVqNoc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA_m-EoMylM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdIKR2knjDk

And that's just some of the shit I've seen, in fact 4/5 I've seen in the last month alone.

Any game will have glitches, that's natural, people can complain but until they try making their own game nobody can really understand how hard it is to make a million lines of code made by a dozen people fit in flawlessly, its just impossible, especially in an interactive medium like games.

The thing that most people fail to, or refuse to get is that, if the game's fun factor outweighs the frustration factor, the flaws simply don't matter, we all want a perfect game but there's not such thing, as long as you're having fun it just doesn't matter.
>>
>>322533696

>my original bait

but you didn't write this lenny
>>
>>322535650
Pirates are the vegans of the videogame community.
You just can't shut up about how you are going to pirate things, can you?
>>
Why does everyone think DS1 goes to shit after anor londo? Tomb of giants, catacombs, and archives are some of the best areas in the game. Lost izalith is shit, but its also incredibly easy to rush through.
>>
I don't get all the hate DaS2 gets, it's still a good game even if it's inferior to the first game.
>>
File: 1411138403984.jpg (75 KB, 827x755) Image search: [Google]
1411138403984.jpg
75 KB, 827x755
>>322535639
This. Broken hitboxes can still be avoided by gettin gud. You just have to get more gud than ever before; isn't that what you guys like? GIT GUD LOL. I bought Dark Souls 2, 3 times including the Collector's edition on ps3.
>>
>>322535987
The hate is mainly dissapointment. It stands up really well on its own, but it's missing most of the magic the first game had
>>
>>322535598

According to /v/ it's the worst game ever made but it's actually pretty good, some stuff was done better in DaS but all games have their flaws.
>>
>>322535485
>Even if you never have to farm for grass it's still a worse
Sure thing.
>>322535485
>don't know why so many people respond to valid criticisms of the Souls games with git gud or some variation.
Because its not valid critisism you twat, at best its subjective criticism, at worst its half-assed opinion, your only complaint was that it was bad because you had to collect items, when confronted on it the best argument you could fall back to is that you can heal when you want to, you have to be a special kind of imbecile to believe that's valid criticism.

As for the get gud, really you pointing out someone told you that you're bad isn't a valid argument, its just you crying that someone assumed you were bad, whether "get gud" is a valid argument or not, you have to see how complaining you "have to grind" for a healing item in a game that throws them at you can be seen as a skill issue. This was one of the few cases where the argument was valid and warranted and yet you just decided to cry about it.
>>
I think we can all agree that DS2 had problems with all of it's advancements. But here's a thought, From: Instead of scrapping the whole thing, why not just fix the DS2 system?
>make sure durability isn't shit
>no more waifus, level up at bonfires
>no more hubs, go from bonfire to bonfire
>give more variety, but without sacrificing level design
>dump souls memory all together
>keep estus on ladders and the abilty to back out of emotes
>>
Will they have hollowing in DS3?
>>
File: Fast_nom.gif (212 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
Fast_nom.gif
212 KB, 189x189
>>322535872
They probably never played it more than once.
You don't have to spend more than 15 minutes in any of those areas if you know what you are doing
>>
>>322536170
I am not him, but
>healing grass that heals instantly
Bosses couldn't punish you, with enough grass, you could just get knocked down, get up, heal, get knocked down, get up, heal and do this until you are full health since you heal more than they damage you. It was bullshit and it made PvP crap with people being unpunishable.

If you defend insta-heal grass you are a retard.
>>
>>322536136
That's where the arguments start getting irrational. I played Dark Souls 1 first too, but I was able to appreciate Dark Souls 2s many changes, and I'm not enough of a fucking nerd to care about mood lighting or "atmosphere"
>>
>>322536487
Last 2 points are already there.
>>
My only hope is for more non humanoid enemies.
>>
>>322536660
>I am not him, but
K, bye then.
>Bosses couldn't punish you, with enough grass, you could just get knocked down, get up, heal, get knocked down, get up, heal and do this until you are full health since you heal more than they damage you.
Clearly you've never played the game.
>>
Objectively, Dark Souls 2 is only a bit worse than the first one

But when you play through it, all of the problems with it end up drowning out any enjoyment you could get from it.

BTW, fuck the Frigid Outskirts, and Iron Passage. Anyone who says the DLCs in 2 are perfect need their cocks stapled by these two areas
>>
File: 1451314157172.jpg (101 KB, 560x431) Image search: [Google]
1451314157172.jpg
101 KB, 560x431
>>322529665
People treat that guy like he's some sort of wizard. To the best of my knowledge DaS3 wasn't something he meant to do, so if the game actually turns out good and not like Chinese Knock Off-Souls II then I'll believe in his wizardry.
>>
remember, anyone who complains about das2 gameplay is probably a backstab fisher, or havelmonster parry spammer
>>
I like all Souls games. What do I get?
>>
>>322536664
Its more than atmosphere. The first dark souls immersed the player by being incredibly challenging but consistent. Dark souls 2 feels incredibly cheap in comparison. It really felt like the developers thought people like dark souls because its so hard, as opposed to creating an immersive game world.

Also the way the areas are strung together is really awful. They had to include the teleporter from the begging because they couldn't coherently string the areas together. The first game had a very interconnected world with brilliant short cuts, not to mention it felt "real" in a sense. The second game world feels much more like levels in a video game
>>
>>322536897
>optional challenges are hard
Wow who would have guessed
>>
>>322528890
It won't be literally the exact same as DS1, so /v/ will probably say so.
>>
>>322535987
>I don't get all the hate DaS2 gets
it's mostly because you can't kill beginners with overpowered gear and make YouTube montages anymore.
>>
>>322536892
What.

And yes I did play DeS and that strategy was the go to cheese strategy on bosses like Flamelurker and the Maneaters, which were the only 2 relatively difficult bosses. And I still beat Flamelurker 1st try. There was nothing easier than just insta-healing after each hit untill I was full health. You are just retarded if you defend this crap. But yeah, the grass wasn't hard to come by.
>>
File: 1434465580998.jpg (24 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1434465580998.jpg
24 KB, 228x221
>>322528890
>sonyggers faces when this game is 3x longer than Bloodborne and has more than ten weapons plus replayability
>>
>>322534647
You can easily complete the entire game without using a single lifegem. Literally no reason to farm them ever.
>>
File: 1450357952089.jpg (12 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1450357952089.jpg
12 KB, 331x334
>>322537319
Dark Souls II already has that and it's still worse than Bloodborne
>>
>>322531018
>Can you honestly say Tomb of the Giants, Duke Archives, and Lost Izalith was bad?

Yes, without a doubt. Duke's is decent I guess but kind of ruined by Seath being such a lame boss.
>>
>>322537319
And? They will still be able to play the game and you still don't have Bloodborne.
>>
This thread reminds me why I don't come to /v/ to discuss videogames.
>>
>>322537319
>longer game = better game
Clearly didnt play alien isolation
>>
>>322537316
>And yes I did play
No, no you didn't. I literally couldn't even be assed to read your made up bullshit beyond that point.
>>
>>322537413
bloodborne is tied with ds2 for last place pal, sorry to burst your bubble
>>
>>322537549
B-but you are on /v/ right now anon
>>
>Have R9 390, i5 5690
>Can't play Dark Souls with a consistent 30 fps even

I bet amd is to blame for this
>>
>>322537651
But I'm not discussing videogames.
>>
>>322537549
Because people are discussing games? If you dont come to /v/ for video games, why the fuck come to /v/ at all? Are you just retarded?
>>
>>322537614
Okay now you are just shitposting, have fun.
>>
>>322531398
I hope soul tendency is world tendency from DeS, just better.
>>
>>322537551
That was due to a lack of pacing in the second half, not because it was too long.
>>
>>322537316
>Maneaters
>difficult
>Beat Flamelurker on the first try
either you're lying or you were overleveled which kind of negates any comment you make on healing system
>>
>>322537742
Shilling your ShitStation Flour isn't "discussing videogames", sonygger.
>>
>>322536170
I never said I have to farm for healing items. But if you want more healing items you have to go out and farm to get them instead of just sitting at a bonfire which has actual repercussions instead of just being a time sink. If you don't spend very much time in World 1 or 5 I could definitely see people having to go back to those areas to farm grass which makes it an issue even if it's one I haven't come across personally. And yes Estus is a better system since it makes you think. Should I heal myself now when I only have a bit of health lost and waste most of my Estus? Or should I wait til I've lost more health? In DeS this is never a question you have to ask yourself since you can have as many healing items as you want. Grass also made PvP slow as hell.
>>
>>322537220
But the optional stuff in the first dark souls, while hard, is expertly put together, and cohesive. It feels fair for the most part.

Frigit Outskirts is literally putting you in a wide open, guideless area, having it blind you every ten seconds, and sending a hyperaggressive mob at you whenever you can't see shit.

All to fight a bullshit copy boss, and if you lose to it, you have to go through fuck you land again.
>>
Don't care. I can't stand fantasy settings. I'll just keep playing Bloodborne.
>>
>>322537319
And they'll still be playing the game before you.
>>
Are there seriously people who didn't get tired of this yet?
I mean I loved DeS and DaS but by now the series is becoming AssCreed tier.
>>
>>322537889
People are discussing dark souls 3. What in the fuck are you talking about? Do you realize ds3 isnt a Sony exclusive? The only one shit posting here is you. Why don't you gtfo of here if you hate is so much. No one wants you here
>>
>>322537348
I was talking about grass not lifegems, sorry.
>>
>>322538216
it was but they're pulling the brakes with this one, supposedly it's the last one
>>
>>322529860
Even a man without nothing still has faith.
>>
>>322538216
All the souls games are pretty decently spaced out, I didn't play Bloodborne (I own a PS4), and I don't consider it a part of the main series.
>>
>>322537790
>Literally lie about everything in the game.
>Get called out
>Oh now you're shitposting.
Really? Nice argument, really classy.
>>
>>322538216
>assassins creed
>literally two games a year, if not more

>souls/from soft action rpgs
>only five, each spaced out from each other in terms of release
>only two super close releases are between Bloodborne and 3
>they're taking either a large break after 3, or finishing altogether
>>
>>322538241
>butthurt sonygger STILL replying
Are your parents cousins? Just fucking stop. There's a general where you can shill all your "exclusives."
>>
>>322528890
Played a beta at an event, it feels better than DaS bur worse than DeS, but then again it was only a 30 min demo
>>
>>322537701
I played at 60 fps on a 270x, you're probably just retarded
>>
>>322528890
so it'll be a perfectly valid successor and a shitload of fun and suck up a thousand or more hours of my life?
>>
>>322537979
>I never said I have to farm for healing items.
>>322534647
>No more farming

>>322537979
>But if you want more healing items you have to go out and farm to get them
You do know you can buy them, right?

And I swear to fucking god if you say you had to farm for souls I will find you and choke you with your own small intestines.
>>
>>322538452
unless there's something that really makes you not want to play it you should try it, it's pretty fantastic
>>
>>322537880
I did beat Flamelurker on my first try, barely, but I did (because I abused the insta-healing grass). No, I wasn't overleveled. I played Dark Souls 1 first by the way.

Maneaters were difficult only because they could knock you off the bridge, beat them second or third try.

Other DeS bosses were easy.

And if you invalidate what I say about the healing grass, than you didn't play DeS at all.

Look at this video and tell me I am wrong you retard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOh5vyBvffw
>>
>>322538510
And yet they all look and play the same.
I'm not saying they're at that level yet, but they're slowly steering towards it.
Sans Bloodborne those games are as samey and unoriginal as the AC series.
>>
>>322538269
Grass in DeS was definitely a chore.
I think estus+lifegems is okay. You can easily just ignore gems, but it'll help people who are struggling.
>>
>>322538541
>hurrr look mom im pretending to be retarded on /v/!
Someone will bite eventually anon, keep trying
>>
>>322538576
I have all the fixes, my drivers are all up to date obviously. Game is just a dog shit port.

>>322538646
Honestly, it sounds really lame but I bought it at launch, played it for maybe an hour and the load times were just so awful I couldn't enjoy it (I heard load times at launch were really bad?). Returned it to gameshit for a refund.
>>
>>322538786
(you)
>>
>>322538840
You did.
>>
>>322538923
Is that your best? ;)
>>
>>322538464

>>322538707 <-------
>>
>>322528890
Nope, going to be as bad as bloodborne
>>
>>322538640
I have never had to farm personally. I was only stating to get more healing items outside of getting them from the enemies you naturally encounter, you have to either farm or as you said go get some souls and buy them. Also outside of getting souls from enemies your naturally encountering, guess how you get souls by farming them.
>>
>>322538915
Nice arguments
>>
@322538923
XD
>>
>>322530376
>all those people thinking Tanimura saved the game
Reminder that he had all the time he could to make the game better with SotFS and he added Aldia as a final boss, which is a fucking garbage fight.
>>
>>322539086
:^)
>>
>>322539182
Is this for real
>>
File: 1398867699589.gif (2 MB, 202x304) Image search: [Google]
1398867699589.gif
2 MB, 202x304
>>322534594
Bloodborne has changed way more than DaS II did and was so much better it's not even funny. Nobody fears/hates change, retard.
>>
>>322539228
Aldia looked cool.
>>
File: which one.png (188 KB, 345x703) Image search: [Google]
which one.png
188 KB, 345x703
Had to leave behind my controllers when I moved and I need to get a new one pretty much solely for souls, but I'm split between
>Dualshock 3
What I used to use
>Xbone controller
Never extensively used it, but I really liked it whenever I tried it out at fucking gamestop
>steam controller
never had the chance to try it out

Anyone know which I should go with? Logic says I should go with what I know, but since controllers cost a shit ton of money, I'd like to get something nice

>>322533712
Like I said, it's just that the animations don't translate properly.
People jump like a full two seconds before an enemy swings and don't expect the enemy to adjust to that.
If you could dodge at any time the game would be even easier.
You have to see dodging as a less rewarding, but easier to obtain parry, where you have to perform the action within a certain time window for it to be successful

>>322534986
>>322535297
Readying an attack doesn't prevent you from turning to face an enemy though, only once you actually start sto swing you're pretty much locked into position
>>
>>322539345
A nice design is ok and all, but if the fight sucks, the fight sucks
>>
>>322538707
>I did beat Flamelurker on my first try, barely, but I did (because I abused the insta-healing grass). No, I wasn't overleveled.
>>322538707
>And if you invalidate what I say about the healing grass, than you didn't play DeS at all.
Rich "no u" form a lying faggot, but uhh, that video you posted, It doesn't have the boss fight you're talking about.
>>
>>322539135
>>322539495
>>
When will the Ds2 is bad meme stop
>>
>>322539680
When the DaS3 is bad meme starts
>>
>>322539426
Steam Controller is great because you can run or dodge while using the camera
Xbone is good too
>>
I also killed Flamelurker 1st try, big deal.

In NG that is. In NG+ in turn he raped me twenty times.
>>
>>322539324
>Calls me a retard because his personal opinion doesn't reflect a general statement.

Literally kill yourself faggot, or learn basic comprehension, retard.

>>322539324
>Nobody fears/hates change
Get this, I will blow your mind.
I know you're still a teenager.

Wanna know how?
Your retarded armchair philosophy statement which contradicts fucking thousands of years of history.
>>
>>322539298
Didn't you see?
This anon @322538840 got trolled by this anon >>322538923 XD
>>
>>322539426
why did you have to leave your controls behind?
>>
>>322539495
Now seriously, are you being a retard on purpose or are you sperging out? You have no counter arguments and all you do is quote something and say I didn't play the game and then sperg out.
>>
>>322540049
>are you being a retard on purpose or are you sperging out? You have no counter arguments
Anon, we spent how many posts discussing your fucking statement that you can "power through bosses by abusing grass" Then you finally present proof, and there's no boss fight, and now you're going to do this shit?

Listen fuckface, you have ONE fucking post left, post proof or fuck off like a fucking retard, because I'm tired of your shifting the goalpost and ad hominem, if you're not going to have a proper argument just fuck off to the troll hole you crawled out of you fucking fedora wearing sack of meeming shit.
>>
>>322536509
imo hollowing should work like this

>can only be invaded in human form
>have 50% or some other fucking percent hp in hollow form

then you got some nice trade offs and everything is balanced. lower hp but zero risk of invades in hollow form, and more hp but high risk of invades in human form.
>>
>>322540295
Fuck off nerd
>>
File: Dark Souls II Hitboxes.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls II Hitboxes.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>322533021
>justifying DaS2 hitboxes
>ever

DaS had a couple shitty hitboxes here and there, but nothing compared to the monstrosities in DaS2

Release the webms.
>>
>>322534989
It's a way for melee characters to have a use for the mana bar.
so far they've been either buffs or a big attack.
>>
>>322540393
>low adp
>MUH HITBOXES

level up adp to a proper level before complaining about hitboxes
>>
>>322539843
>Calls me a retard because his personal opinion doesn't reflect a general statement.
No, I'm pretty sure he called you retarded because the general statement you made is retarded.
>>
>>322528890
I liked Dark Souls 2. Hexes were cool. Adding fire, dark, etc. to weapons was cool. Being able to duel wield weapons for real was cool. I actually liked a good amount of bosses and there was lots of them.
>>
>>322540483
>Have to level up a stat to make hitboxes work "properly"
whew
>>
>>322540393
this, this man understands

i played and beat both, and dark souls 2 was a far worse offender
>>
>>322532634
Go play demons, dark 1 or bb and relish in the fast, unique animations. Now go play ds2 and languish in the shitty, slow ass animations that make you look like you're playing on ice
>>
>>322540483
That's neat and all, anon but Demon's souls came out like four years earlier and had proper hitboxes. you starting with hitboxes 200% size of your body isn't justified just because there's a stat that can shrink them.
>>
>>322540590
yeah, its dumb, but thats what you need to do m8
even then the hitboxes are wonky as shit
>>
>>322537701

>had phenom II 945
>radeon hd6850
>played dark souls 1 and 2 at 60fps
>>
>>322540483
>can't complain about hitboxes cause of a stat

nicememe.website
>>
>>322540483
ADP doesn't change your hurtbox and an attack that clearly doesn't touch you shouldn't hurt regardless of how many points you put into a dump stat that was proved worthless, retard.
>>
>>322540295
I posted that video to show you that grass insta-heals you even when they backstab him. How hard is it to deduct that the same thing can be done in PvE? You are just trolling and trying to make me "le mad xD" or you are just plain dull. Where are your arguments? You provided none, you are just saying I am wrong without explaining why and being toxic.
>>
>>322540536
>No, I'm pretty sure he
>I'm pretty sure he
>pretty sure he
>sure he
>Not the person making the original post.
kek
>>
>>322540796
adp removes the amount of frames where your hitbox lags behind you slightly
low adp is the reason for 90% of "shockwave" webms
>>
>>322540454
Wait... Mana bar? I haven't really been following this game much.
>>
>>322540483
Adp being a stat is a problem in itself.

Even so, are you trying to defend the 2 foot gap between the player and the disc in that webm? If so, then I really can't respond with anything that can change your mind because you're too far gone already.
>>
>>322528890
Considering the original creator is behind it and that they've been working on it before Bloodborne I have faith it will be good senpai.
>>
>>322540980
It's a difference of 2 frames at 50+ADP compared to base level. It's literally worthless.
>>
>>322541115
The mana bar is returning. About time.
>>
>>322528890
Nah
>>
>>322541220
its really not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrrymfvwDv0
>>
>>322541220
m8, the difference between the minimum agility iframes and the maximum is fucking 11 extra frames.
>>
>>322541115
>>322541242
Man, PvPs gonna be a clusterfuck of Muh Honorfags crying about people chugging.
>>
>>322538216
Honestly, when they first announced it, I pretty much went really, another one again so soon?
I'm starting to look more forward to it as we get closer to release though
It also really helps that I haven't been following anything about III at all, so I'm going to be going into it practically blind.

>>322539975
We moved overseas, so I couldn't bring much and left my Ps3 to my best friend along with my controllers.
I wish I had taken one of the controllers though, I'm sure he probably hasn't touched it at all
Couldn't take any 360 controllers either because they were busted and no good

>>322540393
>>322541174
>low adp
Also, he's throwing a thin shield, it'd be a worthless attack if it's hitbox was the actual size of the shield itself, so the hitbox needs to be a bit bigger for it to be an effective attack, the game would be too easy otherwise
Is it stupid? Yes. Should the animation/shield better represent the actual size of the hitbox? Of course

I personally don't remember having any problems with hitboxes in both my playthroughs
>>
>>322541242
Guessing DeS had a mana bar? Sorry didn't play it only recently started with DaS 1, ~16 hours in now.
>>
File: Capture.png (85 KB, 1073x704) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
85 KB, 1073x704
>>322540861
I'm sure your fragile sense of reality will be shattered by discovering that more than one person thinks you're retarded.
>>
>>322541401
Roll distance > I-frames every time. Putting points into ADP are better spent in VIT.
>>
>>322541493
Yes it did
>>
>>322540801
So you have no proof to support your statement.
I mean your post is super neat and detracting while grasping for straws and still reducing to ad hominem and shifting the goalpost but, you know.

You still didn't post proof.

Anon, post proof or stop posting, its that simple, anything other is just digging the hole deeper you fucking lying sack of shit.
>>
>>322541606
>wearing any armor

why?
>>
>>322537030
People were mad because Dark Souls II was just a rehash.
They didn't play Demon's Souls to realize that Dark Souls I was a rehash of that.
I'm going to assume Dark Souls III will continue to be a rehash.
>>
>>322541606
The invincibility of your roll is directly tied to your agility, though. Anybody who's not retarded won't set themselves to fat rolls. 5 vs 16 frames of invulnerability at 85 and 116 Agility respectively is not circumvented by having more VIT or longer rolls due to equip weight.
>>
>>322541505
>I'm sure your fragile sense of reality will be shattered by discovering that more than one person thinks you're retarded.
I'm sure your fragile sense of self respect will be shattered by discovering I was making fun of the irony in you calling someone retarded over generalizing while simultaneously pulling out of your ass a justification for the post of a person whom you do not know on an anonymous message board on the internet.
But you know, reding comprehension, Its not for everyone.
>>
>>322541818
>being a challengefag
>>
>>322542030
I have 8 ADP and can avoid every single attack with roll distance alone.
>>
>>322541606
>Roll distance > I-frames every time.
That's something I learned in my 400 hours of SotFS. For some reason, even when I played with 85 agility, I was still able to easily avoid most attacks, even the grab of the ogres, so I didn't encounter those wonky hitboxes with low AGL. I believe it was because of the roll distance with low equip load.

There are still some offenders though, like that lunge attack from Aava which is bullshit
>>
>>322541678
>anon can't believe somebody beat a boss first try, spergs out and demands footage of the deed on /v/
Also, you are a bad troll. You ignore everything I say and just keep talking shit to be a master troll on /v/.
>>
>>322542179
8 ADP doesn't mean much if you don't mention your ATT.
>>
>>322542391
>being a magic shitter
>>
>>322542179
That's great, but your experience is unrelated to how ADP/ATT and Agility work. With higher iframes you can dodge into or away from attacks with more leeway regardless of roll distance.
>>
>>322542379
>anon can't believe somebody beat a boss first try
I think you should read things before you comment on them, you might come off less retarded.

He's claiming its easily beaten by an imaginary grass abuse, I'm just asking him to prove that, which he can't because it doesn't exist.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.